Photo

The Saint Marks Bistro Mission Mysteries

16 replies to this topic
NathanHenry
  • NathanHenry

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 02 August 2005 - 12:04 PM

Hey I just got the GXT editor from www.thegtaplace.com and wanted to check out the mission scropt for the Saint Marks Bistro and check what I stumbled on check these frazes on the mission Saint Marks Bistro

~z~prep the emergency crews!
~z~holy f*ck, who is flying that thing?
~z~see ya, thanks for having me, man.
~z~stay on current heading and await final approach instructions...
~z~Rosenburg is dead!
~z~the Forelli's are finished in this town!
~z~Paul is dead!
~z~Maccer is dead!
~z~flight CJ101, we have you on our scope.
~z~flight CJ101, you are clear for take-off!
~z~Marco, I am coming for you.
~z~the car has been destroyed!
~z~Welcome to Liberty City, CJ101...
~z~This is privat flight CJ101 on approach to Liberty, over.

I think R* was planning on putting the whole Liberty City in GTA:SA by the sound of things what is your suggestion or solution about this.

51L3N7 4554551N
  • 51L3N7 4554551N

Feel the Wrath of Pingu!

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 August 2005 - 12:19 PM

They were you see. Thats most of the usual script anyway. You were ment to chase one of the guys on a sanchez while shooting, but rahkstar2.gif took it out for some reason. Thats why most of its not solid. Cos you would not be controlling the sanchez, and there fore would not have to have it solid smile.gif

NathanHenry
  • NathanHenry

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 02 August 2005 - 12:38 PM

Well if you read in my first post you can see the saying
~z~Welcome to Liberty City, CJ101
~z~this is private flight CJ101 on approach to Liberty, over

I think R* was planning on putting the Whole Liberty City east of San Andreas

51L3N7 4554551N
  • 51L3N7 4554551N

Feel the Wrath of Pingu!

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 August 2005 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (51L3N7 4554551N @ Aug 2 2005, 12:19)
They were you see.

Like i said, they were. They were gonna add in nearly all of portland, Alot of staunton and most of SV, but deleted it for one reason or another

EricT
  • EricT

Shot caller

• Members

Posted 02 August 2005 - 01:56 PM

I guess to do that they would have to extend map limits ALOT and that could slow down game. Pity though cuz now it's up to modders to extend the limits dozingoff.gif

TheDude5000
  • TheDude5000

Soak of the year!

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 August 2005 - 10:55 PM

I get runtime errors when I try to use the GXT Editor 1.3.

NathanHenry
  • NathanHenry

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 04 August 2005 - 12:42 AM

What do you mean runtime errors I have the GXT editor and it works perfectly fine tell me what you are doing.

EricT
  • EricT

Shot caller

• Members

Posted 04 August 2005 - 03:25 AM

I looked through gxt and there are lot of things I've never seen in game - like 2/3 or sometin. notify.gif

NathanHenry
  • NathanHenry

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 04 August 2005 - 09:31 AM

Yeah there is alot of stuff that is new like what caught my eye the Saint Mark's Bistro mission and saw some stuff the characters say that they don't say in the mission and believe me I know ALOT about the Saint Mark's Bistro mission I played it a million times I have the Saint Mark's Bistro Mission saved on my XBOX, PS2, and PC GTA:SA.

silver007
  • silver007

Homie

• Members

Posted 05 August 2005 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (51L3N7 4554551N @ Aug 2 2005, 07:19)
They were you see. Thats most of the usual script anyway. You were ment to chase one of the guys on a sanchez while shooting, but  rahkstar2.gif took it out for some reason. Thats why most of its not solid. Cos you would not be controlling the sanchez, and there fore would not have to have it solid smile.gif

Theres just one problem with that theroy.... were would you go?

lets take a look at whats exactly up there in San Andreas

user posted image
this is out front the Bistro, noitce across the street, theres nothing, therefore you wouldnt be going by there....

user posted image
This is left of the bisto seen above in the first pic, this is were the Super Save Building was, which isnt there anymore leaving a big gap, also noitce the back of the Hospital....

user posted image
this is out back of the bistro, you can see the back of the bistro in this screen, also you see the hospital on the right side
this screen shows that the rest of the city is mostly LOD models, which the game loads in from far away, they're arent no HI models to show, not only that, there are gaps...

user posted image
A little furter back and to the left of the screen i showed you above is this one, proving more gaps and LOD models

user posted image
Finally this screen, its right of the bistro, you use the white tall building to see where we are in this screen
notice more gaps and LOD models.......

my point? there isnt anywhere go to, everything is all LOD models, which the game never shows you up close, if it was going to be a mission it would be HI models aswell, plus theres missing gaps in the streets and buildings, there simply is no where to go without you encountering something that is missing

if there was goign to be a mission like that... it wouldnt of been with this LC... more of LC could of been up there at one time, but now its not, so...

NathanHenry
  • NathanHenry

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 05 August 2005 - 12:25 AM

Well the rumors are that they were gonna create the full snowing Liberty City and did the Portland part for the mission Saint Mark's Bistro and were gonna do the rest of Portland for the Leone Mafia member and the Sanchez and also put the whole Staunton Island and Shoreside Vale but did not get Staunton Island and Shoreside Vale started yet still Portland but R* did not want to create the full Liberty City when they already created half of Portland so they just left the parts of Portland and left it unsolid so you would not be able to explore it just the Marco's Bistro Interior. But like I said only half of Portland was done so it is pretty much imcomplete.

pizza guy
  • pizza guy

Power!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 August 2005 - 08:31 PM

With respect, why would rockstar put in a whole extra 3 islands just for one mission?

They wouldn't. They already had a good enough game in San Andreas the State already, why add a city that is in a game that is already out? There is no point to it.

51L3N7 4554551N
  • 51L3N7 4554551N

Feel the Wrath of Pingu!

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 August 2005 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (pizza guy @ Aug 7 2005, 20:31)
With respect, why would rockstar put in a whole extra 3 islands just for one mission?

They wouldn't. They already had a good enough game in San Andreas the State already, why add a city that is in a game that is already out? There is no point to it.

Which is precisely why they scrapped it - 54

ed209
  • ed209

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 August 2005 - 02:56 AM

There is a point in having more islands in the game - more to wreak havoc in. However, it is not needed. They gotta leave something for the modders to do, anyways.

Hapua03
  • Hapua03

Phreak!

• Members

Posted 08 August 2005 - 03:33 PM

I think exploring San Andreas is enough. I've explored Liberty City before, why go back again? Unless they remake III.

Not sure why Saint Marks Bistro is such a big deal also. I mean, been there, done that. Show me more extra's in the State of San Andreas, not LC. My 2 cents.

colgate.gif

NathanHenry
  • NathanHenry

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 10 August 2005 - 12:52 AM

No offense to anyone who likes San Andreas but i think Liberty City is a whole lot better than San Andreas and seeing Liberty City with the new graphics and the snow and Marco's Bistro Interior makes Liberty City even better than both Vice City and San Andreas.

the.GTA3.man
  • the.GTA3.man

The Man

• Members

Posted 10 August 2005 - 04:13 AM

I agree. III's shoes are hard to fill. So I would like to see SA graphics for it...... I was actually thinking of making III a map mod for Half-Life 2.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users