• Members

Posted 01 May 2005 - 05:07 AM

COMON BASEBALL BAT! WOOH YEH!!!!!

ADJ
  • ADJ

The Wizard from Worcester

• Members

Posted 01 May 2005 - 04:19 PM

Hmmm, katana's pretty good; there's the chance to kill them with just one slice...

GTA_KILLER13
  • GTA_KILLER13

METALLICA ROCKS!!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 May 2005 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (ADJ @ May 1 2005, 16:19)
Hmmm, katana's pretty good; there's the chance to kill them with just one slice...

i thought that too. tounge.gif

ogglock
  • ogglock

Playa

• Members

Posted 01 May 2005 - 05:04 PM

Brass Knuckles
Chainsaw
Dual 9mm
Combat Shotgun
Dual Micro-SMG
M4
Sniper
Minigun or Heat-Seeking RPG

That is pretty much of it.

YeTi
  • YeTi

S'up Bitches?

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 01 May 2005 - 06:12 PM

MINI-GUN
then maybe m4

James89
  • James89

xXx

• Members

Posted 01 May 2005 - 07:17 PM

biggrin.gif i like the remote explosives but if it had to be a gun then M4.

ADJ
  • ADJ

The Wizard from Worcester

• Members

Posted 01 May 2005 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (ogglock @ May 1 2005, 18:04)
Brass Knuckles
Chainsaw
Dual 9mm
Combat Shotgun
Dual Micro-SMG
M4
Sniper
Minigun or Heat-Seeking RPG

That is pretty much of it.

That's a good point - no one mentioned the chainsaw. I don't use it, I find it to big to lug around and difficult to use.

TheRiverBelow
  • TheRiverBelow

Makaveli in this... Killuminati

• Members

Posted 01 May 2005 - 08:51 PM

I don't use the chainsaw a lot, but I found it helpful on the mission "Stowaway" because you cannot use weapons.

Raptomex
  • Raptomex

Listen to Slayer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2005 - 11:49 PM

For carrying and ability to buy or find I would say the M4. But overall I think the best weapon is the Gattling Gun/Minigun or one of the Rocket Launchers.

delta_leader_4
  • delta_leader_4

PSN: gbabu5y

• Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 01:53 AM

Minigun all the way!

biggrin.gif

C.JB
  • C.JB

ChainGang Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 May 2005 - 09:52 PM

I think the M4 and the Minigun are good.

bigfoot_hunter
  • bigfoot_hunter

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 May 2005 - 07:03 AM

QUOTE (ADJ @ Apr 6 2005, 21:59)
I reckon the M4's the best weapon - The range is massive on full weapon skill and by swapping targets you can mow down targets like a WWI Machine Gunner. It's definitely the best weapon for taking territories.

The lock-on rocket-launcher's pretty sweet as well, but you can't buy it anywhere.

Imagine duel desert eagles...

...hmm

the m4 is my fav gun. but it is not the best gun in the game. perably. the rockit luncher or. the mini gun. but the m4 rules.

groveforlife
  • groveforlife

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 May 2005 - 12:54 AM

my fav gatt is da tec 9 or mac 10 there in 1 hand i think there gangsta and thats whats hot

jamesbondjr
  • jamesbondjr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2005 - 12:32 PM

I prefer beating people to death without a weapon, fave weapon is the rocket launcher. Major Carnage!!!!!!!!!!!! angry.gif

Cool3
  • Cool3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2005 - 07:09 PM

i think minigun. it is so good for killing people with but if i have not got that its the pistol.

Kippers
  • Kippers

Project 2501

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 May 2005 - 07:10 PM

i like the Minigun just for pure coolness.

joeyjoshabadoo
  • joeyjoshabadoo

blinded by the light

• Members

Posted 14 May 2005 - 06:35 PM

my favorite is the M4-it is freaking powerful, a broad firing range, and you can shoot for a long time before reloading (50 bullets per clip)-if CJ can sprint with that big, heavy rifle it would truly be the best
i also like the MP5-decent firing range and damage, and you can sprint with it
it fires too fast though, and reloading is frequent if you don't use multiple bursts of fire

Danny_Boy
  • Danny_Boy

Ravin' Since 1990

• Members

Posted 14 May 2005 - 06:56 PM Edited by Danny_Boy, 14 May 2005 - 06:58 PM.

I think the best wepon is the M4. Its a killa of a gun. devil.gif It beats the AK anytime.

Mr Killer
  • Mr Killer

Upside-down circle

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 May 2005 - 05:07 AM

I like the desert eagle for a handgun, the best weapon all up would be the minigun.

Da Killer
  • Da Killer

Da Killer

• Members

Posted 09 June 2005 - 01:42 AM

Best short range weapon is the Desert Eagle.
Best Medium Weapon is the Automatic Kalasnakov 47(for non gun nuts-AK-47)
Best Long Range Weapon is the Country Rifle
Best Explosive is the Satchel Charge(dang, plastique rocks)
Best Heavy Weapon is the Heat Seeking Rocket
Best Attack Vechiel Is the Hydra(I classify this as a weapon)

Wasek1
  • Wasek1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 June 2005 - 02:34 AM

I love using the Tech 9. Its not the greatest gun in the game but it is fun to use and makes a challenge of defeating lots of enemies. But when there are lots of people around you I turn to the sawn off provide the most devistation.

What ever happened to the M60!

The Caltrop
  • The Caltrop

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 July 2005 - 10:36 PM

What are the best weapons in each category (assume all are at hitman level).

Best Handgun?
Best Machine Gun?
Best Heavy Art?
etc...

Scarpa
  • Scarpa

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 July 2005 - 10:45 PM

Best Handgun - Desert Eagle. One shot kills w00t!

Best Machine Gun - Really no difference between the two IMO. AKs are found easier though, so I tend to end up with them.

Best Heavy Artillery - MINIGUN HANDS DOWN!!!!

simps
  • simps

I'm a twat.

• Members

Posted 22 July 2005 - 10:52 PM

I think there was a topic about this long ago, but I'm too lazy to look for it right now.

Handgun: Like many--- Desert Eagle

Machine gun: AK or M4. I think either can get a head shot (PS2) in one shot.

Heavy...: Minigun or Homing Rocket Launcher

Superilldude
  • Superilldude

• Members

Posted 22 July 2005 - 11:00 PM

Best Handgun: Desert Eagle

Best Machine Gun: M4

Best Heavy Art: Minigun

***GTA***
  • ***GTA***

GTAuthority

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 July 2005 - 11:00 PM Edited by ***GTA***, 23 July 2005 - 08:02 AM.

Best Melee Weapons

Knife - Ye olde Rambo-style combat knife. Big, pointy, and fast enough to get in close and slice someone up before they really know what hit 'em. Not only is it great for up close and personal fighting, the knife can be used for stealth-kills a la Manhunt. Just creep up behind someone, target them with R1, and when CJ raises his arm up, mash the circle button to stab them in the neck. For even better results, sneak up out of the shadows first to get away without anybody noticing.

or

Nightstick - The standard police-issue nightstick is based on an ancient martial arts weapon called the Tonfa from Okinawa. You don't need to know Karate to use it though, as swinging it about like a madman gets the job done just fine. And with it being a bit smaller and much lighter than the baseball bat, it's a bit quicker to use (and run with) while being just about as effective. Nick one off a cop or find one in a police station locker room.

Best Handgun

Desert Eagle - This handgun delivers an unparalleled degree of accuracy and power with a distinctive feel that players will pick up on immediately. Originally intended to be target/sport pistol, players will use this weapon for the immense stopping power the handgun’s .50 caliber rounds deliver to a target—stopping assailants in their tracks, usually with one well placed shot. Because of its significant recoil, it’s almost impossible to hold onto at first. Look for higher levels of skill with the weapon to reduce this effect and yield quicker reloads and accuracy. The Desert Eagle is even deadly when out of auto-lock range, as a proficient shooter can fire in free target mode and still achieve one shot kills. Hold R1 and line up the sights on a target. The benefit of this approach is it allows sniper results with the free movement offered by a handgun.

Rounds per reload: 7
Damage: 70 initially, 140 at Gangster level and up

Best Submachine Guns

Micro SMG - The HUD icon looks like an Ingram MAC-11, but the in game model looks like a Micro Uzi. Whatever it is, this little thing packs a fiery punch. Overall, it works just the same as the Tec-9 (even sharing the same "machine pistol" stat), but somehow seems to fire a bit faster and more erratically. When using either these or the Tec's at Hitman level, be sure to bring plenty of ammo to keep up with the insane rate of fire.

Rounds per reload: 50 (100 with two guns)
Damage: 20

or

SMG - The rather generically named SMG is obviously based on the real life MP5. In case you've unfamiliar with it, the MP5 is considered by most to be the world's best submachine gun, and is often the weapon of choice for elite military units and police SWAT teams alike. Its stopping power, accuracy, and range put it nearly in the class of full sized assault rifles, while retaining the compact portability of a submachine gun. Likewise can be said of the one in the game, as it gives machine pistol-esque abilities such as drive-by's and ease of movement and strafing while shooting, along with deadly power and accuracy. This one's a bit bigger than the other guns in the slot, so you won't be getting dual-wielding at higher levels. But the sheer ferocity and accuracy of the weapon more than makes up the difference.

Rounds per reload: 30
Damage: 25

Best Shotgun

Combat Shotgun - Based on the Italian SPAS-12, the combat shotgun uses a gas-operated repeater system much like any semi/fully automatic pistol or rifle. On a shell-by-shell basis, the firepower and range are only a bit greater than the regular shotgun. Given its semi-automatic functionality, however, the rate of fire is on par with that of the 9mm, meaning you'll be unloading much more ammunition on unsuspecting foes. Not only will rip through a group of enemies rather quickly, it also makes short work of cars and heli's as well. Sadly, you can't get two of these after reaching Hitman status, but then again, that might make the game entirely too easy. On the bright side though, you will be able to fire while moving and get an increased lock-on distance with some practice.

Rounds per reload: 7
Damage: 15 (per pellet)

Best Assault Rifle

M4 - M4 is the modified version of the M-16, the shortened stock and barrel makes it more compact while still retaining the accuracy and power of its cousin. The weapon will allow the player the pinpoint accuracy to target an opponents specific body parts or vehicle tires. One particularly satisfying feature is the ability to target gas tanks. A single well-placed round will cause any car in San Andreas to explode—aim for the gas cap to find out how decidedly badass this new feature is in action. Kneeling greatly increases the accuracy of the M4, try kneeling as often as possible when using the weapon. Even while kneeling, it is possible to roll side to side while holding R1 by pressing left or right on the left analog.

To the concern of San Andreas' police forces, the M4 is readily available at Ammu-Nations across the state.

Rounds per reload: 50
Damage: 30

Best Long Rifles

Sniper Rifle - For those times when the regular or assault rifles aren't accurate enough, there's the sniper rifle. While the HUD icon for it bares some resemblance to an HK PSG1, the in-game model is of the old school bolt-action variety. That said, the reload time on this weapon is a little bit longer than the regular rifle, but the addition of a scope makes every shot well worth the wait. Press and hold R1 to bring up the scope, then use R2 and L2 to zoom in and out, and of course the right analog stick to line up the shot. Once your unsuspecting, distant target is in the crosshairs, circle or L1 unleashes a powerful round (rivaled only by the leveled-up Desert Eagle and mini-gun) which can take an opponent's head clean off from as far as the scope will see. And, like the other guns, crouching will provide a more stable position to fire from. If need be, you can also roll to the sides and move forward and backwards while using the scope in this position, although navigation and keeping a target lined up this way takes a bit of practice and stick juggling.

Rounds per reload: 1
Damage: 125

Best Thrown Weapons

Tear Gas - In real life, tear gas is generally considered to be a non-lethal weapon, but in the world of GTA, it's anything but. Granted, it does take prolonged exposure to the gas to kill, but in confined spaces, this can be arranged. However, seeing as the gas causes people to stop what their doing while they cover their face and cough, the most practical use for this weapon is to slow enemies down while you escape or switch to another weapon. In any case, this stuff opens up some strategy options when it otherwise seems you're hopelessly outgunned.

or

Remote Explosives - AKA satchel bombs, players can throw a number of these about, then conveniently blow them all up later with the separate remote. The potential for mischief with these things is only limited by the imagination, well, and the CPU's ability to remember where they're at, but, still... On a mission where you have to ambush and kill a ped or destroy their car? Try figuring out where they'll pass, and set up a nice booby trap for them! Or if you suspect the next corner you're to walk around has enemies waiting for you, throw down a few bombs, run in, and lure them out to an explosive doom. Any way you look at it, there's much fun to be had here.

Best Heavy Artillery

Heat Seeking Rocket Launcher - RPGs and other shoulder-fired missiles have long had a place in Grand Theft Auto. The STINGER is the next level. Lightweight and portable, this shoulder-fired guided missile system is designed to shoot down low-altitude jets, propeller-driven aircraft and helicopters. The fire-and-forget system allows the player to lock onto a heat source, usually a car or plane, fire the weapon, and begin acquiring new targets before the warhead has even destroyed the first target. To activate, bring up the targeting reticle by pressing R1. Continue holding down R1 and center the viewfinder on the target. The reticle will acquire the nearest target, and then change from green to yellow and finally to red, indicating that you have achieved target lock. You can fire the weapon at any stage of the lock-on process, but the closer to red, the more effective your strike will be. The production, research, and development of the Stinger Missile System is a secret, but intrepid pilots flying over the deserts on the outskirts of Las Venturas have a ton of stories about near misses with the Stinger.

Rounds per reload: 1
Damage: 75, + splash damage, + fire damage

Best Equipment

Jetpack - Yep. That's right, there's a functional jetpack in San Andreas. It's not a standard selectable item, per se, as it automatically equips itself and your submachine gun when you pick it up, so you'll never really see the HUD icon for it. Using the jetpack is a bit like flying a helicopter: X provides upwards thrust, square downwards, and up/down on the left stick go forwards and backwards in conjunction with the thrust. The big difference in the controls is that pressing left or right on the stick makes you turn, whereas L2 or R2 handle the strafing. Pressing both together lets you hover in place, and then R1 allows you to aim your submachine gun like normal. Once you're finished rocketing about, pressing triangle will abandon the pack wherever you are, even if that means hundreds of meters in the air.

Best Other

Dildo - Most girls like dildos too, though few will openly admit it, and even fewer still would appreciate this as a gift on a first date. But, yea, this is another gift type item. For the most part, it's generally not advisable to bring a girl a mammoth purple double-dong on a first date. But then GTA is an exaggeration/parody of real life, and not a simulation (nor suggestion of what to do in) real life, no matter what conservative politicians and soccer moms might say or think. This gift can also be used to smack people about, if nothing more than for the sheer comic value of it.

«Phobos»
  • «Phobos»

Trick

• Members

Posted 22 July 2005 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE (Scarpa @ Jul 22 2005, 22:45)
Best Handgun - Desert Eagle. One shot kills w00t!

Best Machine Gun - Really no difference between the two IMO. AKs are found easier though, so I tend to end up with them.

Best Heavy Artillery - MINIGUN HANDS DOWN!!!!

Hi

On this matter I think that everyone thinks the same way.
Desert eagle,Ak47 or M4 and minigun are the best weapons.

simps
  • simps

I'm a twat.

• Members

Posted 22 July 2005 - 11:17 PM

Well no. ***GTA*** thought that Heat Seeking was the best Heavy Artillery and Machine guns were SMG and Micro SMG. So you can't assume that.

SushiCideUk
  • SushiCideUk

Gang Star

• Members

Posted 23 July 2005 - 12:14 AM

Two things...
ONE) is the baseball bat still in the game, its a gta classic

TWO) The purple veined sword of justice owns... pitty theres no ammusing ped comments when your caving their head in with it lol

SushiCideUk
  • SushiCideUk

Gang Star

• Members

Posted 23 July 2005 - 12:16 AM

Oh and a third thing... The sniper rifle isn't as fun as it was in GTA III where you could remover body parts with it, this feature has been removed from SanAn... Why rahkstar2.gif why?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users