Weapons Talk: Favorite & Best

288 replies to this topic
bullet x
  • bullet x

Just another imperfect mortal.

• Members

Posted 09 April 2005 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE (/yourself @ Apr 8 2005, 00:05)
I wish all the weapons were available to buy at Ammunation.

yeah! Like the gatling gun. it kicks major ass... just aim at a car and click the 'fire' button once.. and the car explodes within seconds! blink.gif

Hexhamlad
  • Hexhamlad

~Owner of Gta-trivia~

• Members

Posted 09 April 2005 - 05:07 PM

i use the M4 more than any other weapon but i always have the sawn-off shotgun with me just because you can carry two of them and if you one on one they are screwed because you get 4 shots off before a reload and that blows them away.

Also the desert eagle is the best pistol buy far but ive always thought it was quite a good as the old python used to be in VC. Anyway as far as thrown weapons are go grenades are cool if you around the corner from someone cos you can throw like three over a wall and thats them toasted lmao.

Hex

ADJ
  • ADJ

The Wizard from Worcester

• Members

Posted 09 April 2005 - 07:18 PM

In terms of keeping your weapons after you're wasted, if you're sure you're not dating Barbara (because just dating her allowed me to keep my weapons even when I didn't have 100%) then I would go over to the nice people in the 'Cheats and Tricks' Section and they can probably clear this up for you.

I agree with you that the best weapons to cause anarchy are satchel charges, rocket launchers and (of course) the minigun - but if you were only able to carry one weapon which one would you pick?

I would still have to go with the M4, or maybe the desert eagle if it were me.

matheson030
  • matheson030

Dolt

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 April 2005 - 07:21 PM

I would take the M4 because it is a great all rounder.

IeetGLOO
  • IeetGLOO

E is for Pants

• Members

Posted 10 April 2005 - 08:00 PM

I like to stick to my Katana and martial arts just because it looks cool. When the going gets tough though, i mostly use the SMG or M4, but more the SMG cuz you can dash with it

Alternative Child
  • Alternative Child

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 April 2005 - 08:26 PM

I like teh Desert Eagle, lol

DarkGTA
  • DarkGTA

DarkGTA Has Returned

• Members

Posted 10 April 2005 - 09:09 PM

Heat-Seaking Rocklet Launcher, M4, Desert Eagle and others I really can't put on the top of my mind.

matheson030
  • matheson030

Dolt

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 April 2005 - 10:22 PM

Flamethrower would be pretty handy as long as you are fire-proof.

Grove street phantasma
  • Grove street phantasma

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 April 2005 - 12:03 AM Edited by Grove street phantasma, 11 April 2005 - 12:07 AM.

The M4 is the best weapon for when you're surrouned by a bunch of cops
I remember when I had a 4* wanted level and the S.W.A.T. team came after me I had very little health it was the reason I made it into my safe house(verdant medows)alive but if it had the MINIGUN devil.gif I would have stopped them before they even got close!!! rampage_ani.gif so the minigun is the best weapon if you want tosafely kill the SWAT/FBI be fore they come close. rampage_ani.gif

bauer2
  • bauer2

Heavy Metaler \m/ \m/

• Members

Posted 11 April 2005 - 04:25 AM

I like the AK 47 and i don't care about your opinion if you don't think its good.

ADJ
  • ADJ

• Members

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:37 AM

Can anyone remember where 8-ball's bombshop is if there is one? I want to see if it's more efficient to detonate a car with satchel charge or a bomb in the interior.

Also I tested the minigun and it takes 6 bullets to set an average car on fire, which means it's pretty efficient; I think it only takes one or two bullets to kill a person.

In terms of the never-ending battle between the AK47 and the M4 - there's not much difference between the two, but the M4 has a clip that hold 50 bullets rather than the AK's 30, which could prove important in a heated situation.
On the cost front, the M4 is more expensive (I think) and the AK is easier to find (in gang wars, etc) so you can easily get a nice stash of ammo for it.

Personally I'd go with the M4 but I'm no expert - they are very similar.

matheson030
  • matheson030

Dolt

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:41 AM Edited by matheson030, 11 April 2005 - 10:55 AM.

I think there is a bomb shop in Las Venturas and in a gang war even there is so much AK-47 bullets around I still use the M4.
Here is the link.

http://www.gtasanand...0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

Mr Killer
  • Mr Killer

Upside-down circle

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:50 AM

I use the M4 because it has 50 bullets and the best handgun I think is the Deagle.

matheson030
  • matheson030

Dolt

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 April 2005 - 12:44 PM

The M4 does have a big advantage over the AK-47 because it fires 50 bullets per round instead of the AK-47's 30, and also I think the M4 has better accuracy at long range shooting.

dills
  • dills

Work it Carlton!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 11 April 2005 - 12:47 PM

@ ADJ There is also a bomb shop here in los Santos:
user posted image

ADJ
  • ADJ

• Members

Posted 11 April 2005 - 09:19 PM

Cheers guys.

ADJ
  • ADJ

• Members

Posted 29 April 2005 - 09:39 PM

Can you not alo find tear gas at the docks? Has anyone tried that?

James89
  • James89

xXx

• Members

Posted 29 April 2005 - 09:52 PM

Um the minigun isnt just available in Are 69 or whatever it is , in my game the minigun is on a ledge above the rail bridge going from san fiero to the desert and its available in Mike Torenos Ranch thing

James89
  • James89

xXx

• Members

Posted 29 April 2005 - 09:54 PM

wow.gif woops wrong thingy

srjazzguitar
  • srjazzguitar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 April 2005 - 10:06 PM

Best mowing-down weapon: M4
Best drive-by weapon: SMG
Best stealth weapon: Silenced 9mm
Most powerful: Combat Shotgun

Best Overalll: M4

pinky
  • pinky

"Tooled up and chibbin' ye, ya Bass".

• Members

Posted 29 April 2005 - 10:34 PM

srjazzguitar Posted on Apr 29 2005, 22:06
  Best mowing-down weapon: M4
Best drive-by weapon: SMG
Best stealth weapon: Silenced 9mm
Most powerful: Combat Shotgun

Best Overalll: M4 

I agree with the M4 being the best of the assault weapons but the Micro Uzis are the best in the category below, they have a higher fire rate and clip capacity than the SMG and during drive bys fire rate is all that counts. So many players make the mistake of taking the MP5 to drive by missions when using Micro Uzis give a far better result.

Silenced 9, great fun. I love watching everyone looking about wondering why the person next to them has just keeled over.

The Sawn offs are far more powerful than the combat shotgun.
Any one with an ARMax can tell you, when the reload is removed they can bring down a chopper as quick as the mini gun can. The Combat shotgun can't.
Unfortunately the re load times are what scupper them, that and the short range capability.
Best overall: the M4, I totaly agree. Top weapon.

RvdVit
  • RvdVit

Most sexy post located to the right. --->

• Members

Posted 30 April 2005 - 06:47 AM

My favorite is definetly the MP5.

Distance is great with hitman level, more than enough for me.

Power is good also, not too weak, and not too strong (You can have fun wile killing someone happy.gif )

Firing rate is amazing, I love it.

The scilenced pistol I also love, it's very easy to advance to hitman level with it. Destroy like 8 cars (not hitting gas tank) and you're there.

I don't like the M4 for one main reason: The way it sounds... yep.

Also remote explosives are cool to attach to cars and/or people and detonate them. If on a person and there is more than one attatched, then their body will fly many, many yards.

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2005 - 06:56 AM

I think the minigun because it can shoot cars miles away it take one shot you can just fire it all around the place it take down helis faster than rocket lanchers and when you finish the game you can get infinite ammo and that is sweet

ADJ
  • ADJ

• Members

Posted 30 April 2005 - 03:49 PM

So if you want your optimum arsenal, you should go for:

Heavy Weapon: Minigun
Handgun: Desert Eagle
Shotgun: Combat / Sawn-Offs
SMG: MP5 / Tec 9(s)
Thrown: Satchel Charges
Assault Rifle: M4
Rifle: Sniper Rifle

Any thoughts on melee weapons, my favourite's probably the nightstick.

pinky
  • pinky

"Tooled up and chibbin' ye, ya Bass".

• Members

Posted 30 April 2005 - 03:58 PM

For close combat I prefer to carry the knife and the cane, the knife is good for stealthy kills and if you are attacked by an oponent wielding a weapon just switch to the cane.
The Cane has the same attack and defend moves as the Katana, so its good for a scrap with night stick armed cops.
They are my two favourites and they can be carried at the same time as they use different weapon slots.

ThaddeusMcKlown
  • ThaddeusMcKlown

Relentless Pursuit of Progress

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 30 April 2005 - 07:15 PM

for the melee, i carry a knife...

and a purple monster tounge.gif
-TM-

DidierSucks
  • DidierSucks

Prophet of Trashcat

• Members

Posted 30 April 2005 - 07:26 PM

Personally, my favorite weapon is the Mp5. I use it more than any two other major weapons combined. I use this gun so often because you can run with it, it has awesome accuracy, very effective killing power, and a good clip size.

If for whatever reason I use an Assault Rifle, I use the M4 because it has more rounds. I haven't noticed a difference as far as accuracy between the M4 and the AK-47. The AK-47 definetly has more rounds available for it, however. Sometimes I do a whole bunch of gangwars, picking up the AK-47 ammo, and then buy an M4, giving me all the AK ammo.

My favorite pistol is definetly the Deagle. It actually has a huge range, longer than the range that almost any enemies in a gang war will shoot at you from, at least in my game. I used the Deagle exclusively for a huge percentage of the Second gangwars. die.gif

As for heavy weaponry, I really like the plain old rocket launcher for effectiveness. For fun, I like the flamethrower bbq.gif I hate going into Area 69 to get the minigun, so I don't bother alien.gif It is nice, however, that you can now move (albeit slowly) while firing the minigun.

My favorite shotgun is actually the normal shotgun, because of the no-clip thingy. I rarely use shotguns so the fact that it's weaker and slower than the Assault shotgun has never affected me.

Again, for thrown weapons, I use them so rarely that they don't particularily matter to me. I keep grenades, because I can go on the roof of a building in a gang war and tip a grenade over the edge onto the heads of all the Ballas/Vagos below me.

DigitalChaos
  • DigitalChaos

OH NOES!

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 April 2005 - 09:19 PM

The M4. Its got the longest range and good fire power.

GTA_KILLER13
  • GTA_KILLER13

METALLICA ROCKS!!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 May 2005 - 01:09 AM

i dont use guns unless i have to so my favorite is the katana i love cutting peoples heads off.hehe devil.gif

Blind_Revolver
  • Blind_Revolver

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 May 2005 - 04:28 AM

Best weapon?

Hands down it is the Dildo.

What's more humiliating than being bludgeoned to death with a sex toy? breadfish_by_Moto.gif

Offtopic: Speaking of bludgeoning, why is it that when you hit someone's car, they will get out and fight to the death for it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users