Photo

Weapons Talk: Favorite & Best

288 replies to this topic
ADJ
  • ADJ

The Wizard from Worcester

• Members

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:59 PM

I reckon the M4's the best weapon - The range is massive on full weapon skill and by swapping targets you can mow down targets like a WWI Machine Gunner. It's definitely the best weapon for taking territories.

The lock-on rocket-launcher's pretty sweet as well, but you can't buy it anywhere.

Imagine duel desert eagles...

...hmm

matheson030
  • matheson030

Dolt

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 April 2005 - 10:20 PM

I reckon the best gun is the M4 for mowing down crowds however, The Desert Eagle is good for single one hit kills and the heat seeking rocket launcher for anarchy.

bigsmoke2005
  • bigsmoke2005

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 April 2005 - 10:24 PM

i think the combat shotgun is a pretty sweet weapon

bullet x
  • bullet x

Just another imperfect mortal.

• Members

Posted 06 April 2005 - 10:48 PM

Definitely the M4 inlove.gif 'cause when the cops are after you, you can just whip it out and shred 'em in seconds. MWUAHAHA

matheson030
  • matheson030

Dolt

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 April 2005 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE (bullet x @ Apr 6 2005, 22:48)
Definitely the M4 inlove.gif 'cause when the cops are after you, you can just whip it out and shred 'em in seconds. MWUAHAHA

You're preaching to the choir their man.

Mr. Someguy
  • Mr. Someguy

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 06 April 2005 - 11:41 PM

Minigun, can do all of the above. biggrin.gif

imapozer
  • imapozer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 April 2005 - 11:43 PM

the only bad thing about a minigun is that you can't wlak and shoot at the same time
but otherwise i would go with the m4

Mr. Someguy
  • Mr. Someguy

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 06 April 2005 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE (imapozer @ Apr 6 2005, 23:43)
the only bad thing about a minigun is that you can't wlak and shoot at the same time
but otherwise i would go with the m4

Really, I can on my game.
I'm confused notify.gif

cochise
  • cochise

"Heh, Heh, Awlriggght!" - Quagmire

• Members

Posted 07 April 2005 - 01:53 AM

Yea i can on mine too! but i thinkthe best weapon in the game is the desert eagle because well basically i like it......

TheRiverBelow
  • TheRiverBelow

Makaveli in this... Killuminati

• Members

Posted 07 April 2005 - 02:10 AM

My favourite weapon is the M4 because it is the M4. It's powerful, it has a decent firing rate, and it's really accurate.

Also my other favourite weapon is the 9mm. That is such a gangster weapon. Go to turf wars and use it to take everyone out. You'll feel like a real thug.

I read this somewhere:
AK-47 -- The terrorists weapon of choice.
M4 -- The counter-terrorist weapon of choice.

ADJ
  • ADJ

• Members

Posted 07 April 2005 - 10:23 AM

I suppose how fast you can travel with a weapon and whether you can shoot while moving is important, but isn't the minigun only available in Area 69?

It's certainly VERY powerful - Vice City taught us that

wolf-blaster
  • wolf-blaster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 April 2005 - 09:27 PM

I'm supprised nobody mentioned the MP5 (SMG). Think about it. You can sprint while it is equipped. When you have it, it acts as the default for ANY vehicle that you're allowed to fire from, has above average fire-power , high-rate of fire, reloads relativly quick, you can still walk around while shooting and the range is average.

For style points nothing beats the M4/AK (essentially they are the same: the M4 is just a tad stronger), but for all around best gun I'd say the SMG is the prime contender.

/yourself
  • /yourself

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 April 2005 - 11:50 PM

I use the M4 the most also, yes it is great for gang wars.

/yourself
  • /yourself

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 April 2005 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE (wolf-blaster @ Apr 7 2005, 17:27)
I'm supprised nobody mentioned the MP5 (SMG). Think about it. You can sprint while it is equipped. When you have it, it acts as the default for ANY vehicle that you're allowed to fire from, has above average fire-power , high-rate of fire, reloads relativly quick, you can still walk around while shooting and the range is average.

For style points nothing beats the M4/AK (essentially they are the same: the M4 is just a tad stronger), but for all around best gun I'd say the SMG is the prime contender.

Yes the MP5 is the best SMG and the best for close range, but for longe range the M4 is best.

Ben Fleming
  • Ben Fleming

Liberty City Lord

• Members

Posted 08 April 2005 - 12:00 AM

THe minigun isn't only available in Area 69... I know two other locations for it, there's probably more. The first is atop an archway on the SF side rail bridge from SF to LV... the second is in Toreno's ranch after getting far enough into the game. The only real time I used the Minigun was to drop Big Smoke in End of The Line... he went down in about 1 second flat, literally! His armour bar went down faster than Michael Jackson's face went up. (Note to self: Don't try and make comments like that in the future...)

It was sweet... I love the sound the Minigun makes when it fires, too.

My fave weapon would be the M4 though. It's like a slightly toned-down version of the Minigun.

/yourself
  • /yourself

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 April 2005 - 12:05 AM

I wish all the weapons were available to buy at Ammunation.

TheRiverBelow
  • TheRiverBelow

• Members

Posted 08 April 2005 - 02:25 AM

QUOTE (/yourself @ Apr 7 2005, 18:53)
Yes the MP5 is the best SMG and the best for close range, but for longe range the M4 is best.

I disagree, I think the strongest weapon close range is the Combat Shogun. The SMG is an excellent weapon for both close and mid range. The M4 is better than the SMG in all three ranges.

SPLAT....opps
  • SPLAT....opps

Did you know I was once the Emperor of Tennesee?

• Members

Posted 08 April 2005 - 06:41 AM

Before Doberman it was the knife-id use it to kill ogf for tecs and 9s sad but it worked
After Id say either sawn off/silened/ak(im a terrorist style person)/sniper /and a flame thrower,why?make a barrier and run-I have got a minigun yet cryani.gif cryani.gif but i aim to get one soon. rah.gif

ADJ
  • ADJ

• Members

Posted 08 April 2005 - 12:58 PM

Has anyone considered thrown weapons?

If you're skilled enough you can get just the right distance on grenades and molotovs and they can be devastating; also satchel charges are good for putting in someone's way and detonating at the right point. Sure, they're not the best weapons, and in a really heated situation I'd probably reach for my combat shotgun or M4.

Also I think we're underestimating the conveniance of a sniper rifle. If you're a good shot you can waste people from miles off, and it's really useful in loads of missions for staying out of trouble.

matheson030
  • matheson030

Dolt

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 April 2005 - 01:11 PM

I like to cover a car with satchel bombs and then get speed up and jump out and let it roll down the street and if it stops near Ballas etc. I detonate it!

Konoko45
  • Konoko45

I hate you all, just FYI.

• Members

Posted 08 April 2005 - 02:25 PM Edited by Konoko45, 08 April 2005 - 02:28 PM.

The minigun is the best weapon for taking territories. SA has made it hella more useful with the ability to move while firing it. Just point it in their general direction and do a small sweep, just mows em down like nothing.

But usually people don't have the minigun, so the M4 would be the next best thing. Long range, more accurate than the AK, and has bigger clip than the AK as well. I suggest crouching while you use it, to get the most out of your ammo.

I don't see why people stick by the Desert Eagle because it has "one-hit kills", which that seems to attract people to it, but the DE is rather short range, so I'd rather use a rifle of some sort.

/yourself
  • /yourself

Prankster

• Members

Posted 09 April 2005 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE (TheRiverBelow @ Apr 7 2005, 22:25)
QUOTE (/yourself @ Apr 7 2005, 18:53)

I disagree, I think the strongest weapon close range is the Combat Shogun. The SMG is an excellent weapon for both close and mid range. The M4 is better than the SMG in all three ranges.

Forgot about that, I was just thinking of the SMG's

S.A.Supra77
  • S.A.Supra77

Las Vegas citizen

• Members

Posted 09 April 2005 - 03:51 AM

QUOTE (/yourself @ Apr 8 2005, 00:05)
I wish all the weapons were available to buy at Ammunation.

yeah! like the gattling gun(mini gun), and the two rocket launchers cool.gif .I also like the AK47,M4, and destert eagle(i wish it was duel weilding, but heck reloding both is hard)

TheRiverBelow
  • TheRiverBelow

• Members

Posted 09 April 2005 - 04:56 AM

I wish molotovs were available in Ammunation. Since I'm fireproof it'll be a great weapon for gang wars if I had a lot.

sak_dogg
  • sak_dogg

Frogs r kool!

• Members

Posted 09 April 2005 - 10:01 AM

The best weapons i reckon r the M4 and the Deagle.
The M4 is a good long range gun wit hell good damage and fire rate. It also good fo walkin wile blastin.
The Deagle (Desert Eagle) is kool how it is 1 hit kill wit all normal peds. Also if u grab 3 homies (all wit deagles) and u go past a Balla bitch's car it's destroyed in a couple of seconds!!!

srg
  • srg

Bored Ass

• Members

Posted 09 April 2005 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE (matheson030 @ Apr 8 2005, 13:11)
I like to cover a car with satchel bombs and then get speed up and jump out and let it roll down the street and if it stops near Ballas etc. I detonate it!

now that's a really smart way of rounding up those low class fools! colgate.gif Incidentally, is it always that way, that your weapons don't get confiscated everytime you get busted as long as not consecutively in one saved game? I find it quite strange that I still retain my weapons even if I get busted. I was thinking could it be the amount of money that I have, considering that I have in my wallet something $43,000,000+ even at one time I was carrying something like $253,000,000+? The police must be getting good amount of bribe bec of this thouhg I really haven't checked on how much is deducted from my money everytime I get busted.

regards

matheson030
  • matheson030

Dolt

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 April 2005 - 02:32 PM

If you get 100% with the girlfriend who is a cop I think you get to keep your weapons when you get busted.

srg
  • srg

Bored Ass

• Members

Posted 09 April 2005 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE (matheson030 @ Apr 9 2005, 14:32)
If you get 100% with the girlfriend who is a cop I think you get to keep your weapons when you get busted.

Well this happens even before I meet Barbara or anybody else notify.gif

regards

matheson030
  • matheson030

Dolt

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 April 2005 - 02:45 PM

Hmmm. This is weird, I got busted last night after being knocked over by a cop and when I returned to the game and all my weapons were gone so hopefully someone else can clear this up.

srg
  • srg

Bored Ass

• Members

Posted 09 April 2005 - 02:56 PM

Yeah, somebody hopefully might be able to explain this. There must be something in your stats that makes this happens. I don't know if successfully eluding the police many times has something to do with that. But I experimented once with getting busted twice in one saved game and there went all my weapons.

regards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users