Quantcast

» «
Photo

(announcement) GTA3 trilogy Ultimate (HJ deluxe)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic
Voodooman
  • Voodooman

v00d00m4n

• Members

Posted 30 July 2005 - 11:06 PM Edited by Voodooman, 04 August 2005 - 07:12 PM.

Let me tell you story about creation of 3 new old GTA games... and forgive me for my bad english (somewhere)

[PROLOGUE]:
I started total retexturing of gta3 and vc 2 years ago and (little part of that total retexturing is Historical Justice mod that present just generic retexturing) it was HJ deluxe.
Also i started development of my own universal game engine more then 5 years ago.
1.5 years ago when r* made double pack i decide 2 use my engine for my version GTA gold bcoz renderware have 2 many limitation in graphics, physics, ai logic and in sound...

[CHAPTER 1.0 - waste of time]:
first what i need 2 say the time dont like me and i dont like the time but i cant stop it and it run 2 fast for me so i havent enought of it and for enything but i do my best 2 have time to make all what i want , but it turns out not so well how i want.

[CHAPTER 1.1 - i have only time 2 say shortly]:
But i need this fcuckin time 2 prepare all technical information (i promise 2 do that tomorrow) and 2 make all what i want, atm i just want 2 pay your attention 2 my development.
Shortly: thats fully disassembled and recompiled gta (3 last parts together) combined (mostly) with my UNI engine (there is aint renderware anymore).
Main features of UNi engine are tricky combined Ray tracing (i think i need 2 disable it for gta bcoz recursive ray tracing very slow for today PCs) +dinamic per-pixel lighting and dinamic shadowing thats give almost photo-realistic picture on screen (somethin like John Carmack`s ULS used in doom 3 engine), generation of procedural displacement and generic material color maps (like metal, Bricks, grass, vegetation, dirt, Tile, skin and many kinds of other materials) , advanced post processing, terramorfing (not just terra but and any model can be morfing such like buildings, cars or trees and peds bodies can be morfed) using combine polyhonal and voxel modeling (cutable\brokeable models of peds so after explosion u can allways c different part of bodies cars trees and building), advanced physics and regdoll animation +voxel dust and , and fully flexible (modmakers friendly) scriptable architecture (AI, mission scripts, objects configs maps etc and also flexible pathes 2 dir & files - no more fixed directory structure with fixed filenames, all shader programs also can be changed, and yeah can be added anymation) and supported syntaxis of many oopl like XML, C#++, j++ and pascal and asm, also advanced software (theoreticaly support of lower and higher sound)and hardware (harware uses EAX 4, dolby digital 5.1 and 7.1) environmental multi chanel sound (2.1 virtual surround volumertic sound, 4.1, 5,1, 7,1, and theoretical 10+.1 with calculation of upper and lower sound)

[CHAPTER 1.2 - i need many time ]:
I do not wish to make sensation from project which else has not reached up to pre alpha stage of development. Please donk ask me for any screenies before game will be in alpha stage.
Also today computers dont work fast with my engine (29 fps in 64bit mode was maximum in semi-empty desert with one charachter model on 2xGF 6800 with AMD 64 fx 55 and 2 gigs of ram in WinXP 64bit rc1 32bit mode maximum was 24fps) i need 2 do many many many thigs (such as full remodeling) well 2 complete it with current rate i need near 2 - 3 years.

Voodooman
  • Voodooman

v00d00m4n

• Members

Posted 31 July 2005 - 09:20 AM

moderator please move this topic please 2 GTAForums.com » GTA Modding » Mod Showroom (misc )

Quadropheniac90
  • Quadropheniac90

Confused Clown

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 31 July 2005 - 12:31 PM

Sounds cool, but also quite hard... Good luck, anyway! biggrin.gif

Voodooman
  • Voodooman

v00d00m4n

• Members

Posted 01 August 2005 - 09:17 PM Edited by Voodooman, 01 August 2005 - 09:30 PM.

[CHAPTER 1.3 - 7800 HDR]
short chapter, 2day i finally get 2x"MSI NVIDIA® NX7800GTX" just for 587$ each that i preordered month ago. And finally i finished "High dynamic range" feature for my UNI engine , and tested it (looks amizing, i wasnt able 2 use it with gf6800-wasnt enought fps).

Voodooman
  • Voodooman

v00d00m4n

• Members

Posted 06 August 2005 - 06:48 PM

[CHAPTER 1.3.1 - SIGNATURE]
i decide 2 show current porgress in my signature at GTAForums so if u`ll want 2 know how its going just look at any my posts.

s-paco
  • s-paco

Still here.

• Members

Posted 06 August 2005 - 07:02 PM

wow! im praying for u wink.gif

JernejL
  • JernejL

Big Homie

• Feroci

Posted 06 August 2005 - 09:20 PM

what? give us a proof.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 August 2005 - 04:25 AM

I thought to post such stuff in mod showroom, you needed at least screens of what you've done?

JernejL
  • JernejL

Big Homie

• Feroci

Posted 07 August 2005 - 09:45 AM

and because he didn't provide any and this already sounds beyond impossible i will lock this topic, be lucky you didn't get karma warning.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users