Photo

Driving skill

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic
Narg
  • Narg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 July 2005 - 11:08 PM Edited by Narg, 14 August 2005 - 01:09 PM.

Hi!
I've played SA for a little while now. I've driven about the same distance with cars and motorcycles, but my motorcycle skill is nearly half fully upgraded and I've only got one tiny upgrade for my driving (car) skill.
Why?
Only solution I could think of is that maybe it will raise when I enter the driving school? But I'm not that far into the game yet.
Also my bicycleskill is very high.
And one last question, will crashing with either a car or a motorcycle effect the upgrades?

Superilldude
  • Superilldude

• Members

Posted 29 July 2005 - 11:33 PM

R* just made it harder for your car skills to, go up, they made it purposely to go more slowly rather then motorcycles and bikes... That's all the answer I have in my mind, although I got my driving skills when I reached San Fierro (driving school)

simps
  • simps

I'm a twat.

• Members

Posted 29 July 2005 - 11:38 PM

Try not to crash into things and do more turns. I think those help you upgrade faster. If you do Driving School and keep on trying to get Gold, you'll get your Driving Skill really high.Driving School Movie

ShAddowZ080
  • ShAddowZ080

H3LL RAISER

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 July 2005 - 12:57 AM

i have my car skill maxed not much happens it just feels like it has better handleing

teh roxxors
  • teh roxxors

Checking Attitudes

• Members

Posted 30 July 2005 - 02:08 PM

The skills upgrade slowly outside of the schools to encourage players to use the schools. This is most obvious in Flight School, when your skill skyrockets as you pass tests.

mikeswi
  • mikeswi

Insert Funny Title Here

• Members

Posted 30 July 2005 - 06:59 PM

I think driving skill rises either 5x or 10x slower than other skills like biking or cycling. Someone posted the code for it last month showing that. I think it's because the map is so large and they expect that you'll be driving more than doing anything else, so they made it slower like that.

Spazello
  • Spazello

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 July 2005 - 07:58 PM

Yeah, they expect the average person to do more driving in cars, not on motorcycles. Driving skill doesn't make a huge difference. Its very obvious when you drive with no skill, and full skill. There is less skidding and its easier to control. Its all with handling and traction, its not like the cars go faster. I'm pretty sure crashing and all that has nothing to do with it. I think it just goes by how long you've driven/flown.

51L3N7 4554551N
  • 51L3N7 4554551N

Feel the Wrath of Pingu!

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 July 2005 - 08:29 PM

They makes the driving skill go up slower so you actually get better. There isn't any point in going up the motor way and back five times and being the equivalent of colin mcRae. That'd just be boring. They make it slow so that you actually get better and end up being 10x better than colin mcRae

mikeswi
  • mikeswi

Insert Funny Title Here

• Members

Posted 30 July 2005 - 08:44 PM

Honestly I don't see the point in giving him low driving skill that has to be increased. The guy must be 25 or so, it's not like it's the first time he's ever driven a car or rode a bike. Weapon skills I can understand being low but not driving skill. I hate going from a finished game back to a new game and all the cars skid around like they're on ice.

I wish someone who can understand the scripting could figure what exactly raises it. If it's time driving around, then I can just cruise around for a while. If it's distance driven, then I could just run around the freeway for a while to raise it.

51L3N7 4554551N
  • 51L3N7 4554551N

Feel the Wrath of Pingu!

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 July 2005 - 09:01 PM

Having the starting driving skill means you can drive. Being able to drive around SA like a headless chicken in a ventilation shaft without crashing upgrades it. The reason you start off at zero is because CJ didn't drive like a headless chicken in a ventilation shaft in LC.

Narg
  • Narg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 July 2005 - 09:26 PM

I'm pretty sure crashing and all that has nothing to do with it.

Being able to drive around SA like a headless chicken in a ventilation shaft without crashing upgrades it.

Okay, so does crashing effect the upgrade or not?

Personally I like driving motorcycle much more then cars, but I can understand that the average player has higher milage with cars, then motorcycles.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users