I think I am going to cry! ARGH!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic
Qualia
  • Qualia

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 July 2005 - 03:56 PM

Please, does anyone know a way to undo cheat codes in the game, because the game cheated for me and has ruined a massive amount of progress I have done. I have just spent about the last 3-4 hours playing vigilante missions in a tank, getting up to level 85 and making myself over $10,000,000. I couldn't be happier. But, just as I was getting bored and heading to my safe house to save, I checked the map and then went back ingame. For _some_ _reason_, it stated that a cheat had been activated. I have no idea which one and honestly did not intend to cheat, I have never cheated in a game in my life. I also know that with GTA when you save after having cheated it screws up later missions and stuff. PLEASE TELL ME THERE IS A WAY TO REVERSE THIS!! To edit my save game or something. After all that vigilante work, I don't want to have it screwed up by some uknown key presses I made. suicidal.gif

Anyone any ideas?

(And yes, I am a noob on these forums, so if I've posted in the wrong place or whatever, commence flaming.)

Jasonlives
  • Jasonlives

John Munchkins

• Members

Posted 29 July 2005 - 03:58 PM

I think all cheats can't be deactivated. If you knew what you pressed, you could try pressing it again, but other than that I think you're stuck.

Qualia
  • Qualia

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 July 2005 - 04:05 PM

I haven't a clue what I pressed. I just did the same as I'd been doing for hours. DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMIT

Mxyzptlk
  • Mxyzptlk

Misanthropic

• Members

Posted 29 July 2005 - 04:14 PM

Unless pedestrians are rioting, the cheat will deactivate once you save and reload your game. smile.gif

No Mercy
  • No Mercy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 July 2005 - 04:40 PM

That;s a bug don't worry.

ShAddowZ080
  • ShAddowZ080

H3LL RAISER

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 July 2005 - 08:34 PM

ya u cant reverse a cheat its impossible

simps
  • simps

I'm a twat.

• Members

Posted 29 July 2005 - 08:37 PM

Back-up your saves. Don't save in the same spot.

chaoticmayhem
  • chaoticmayhem

Too much pressure!

• Members

Posted 29 July 2005 - 10:31 PM

There are cheats you can deactivate such as the semi infinite health cheat, super jump, and some others. But I think the game will still count as you cheating.

Sir Random
  • Sir Random

OG

• Members

Posted 30 July 2005 - 12:40 AM

Wow, is it that easy to activate cheats? wow.gif
I thought you'd have to edit some file, and then type in some long code to activate a cheat. It's a bit dangerous if you can accidently do it by pressing the wrong key combination confused.gif

ShAddowZ080
  • ShAddowZ080

H3LL RAISER

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 July 2005 - 01:50 AM

ya im trying to figure out how som1 just accidentally puts in a cheat

fatcat92
  • fatcat92

Dumbass, Yes, I am Dumbass.

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 July 2005 - 01:58 AM

QUOTE (ShAddowZ080 @ Jul 30 2005, 01:50)
ya im trying to figure out how som1 just accidentally puts in a cheat

Its not hard, I've done it, so I just reloaded and did everything again.

Only happened once though.

Trueno_Drifter86
  • Trueno_Drifter86

The failure of the family and proud of it!

• Members

Posted 30 July 2005 - 02:58 AM

It's a bug and plus u can go to your status page's (I don't know whitch one) One of them says how many times you cheated and if it's still zero your ok.

Original Thug
  • Original Thug

Grand Theft Auto 4 Idealist

• Members

Posted 30 July 2005 - 11:32 AM

I'd put in every cheat code and try to deactivate it and see what cheat you put in. And if you don't know any codes, go to cheat sites. I'm sure its nothing serious.

NUTZ_J98
  • NUTZ_J98

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 July 2005 - 11:40 AM

Yeah I have no problem admitting I love using some cheats cause they are fun as heck. Such as the circus or clown mode or the beach mode or rare vehicles mode.

These cheats have two kinds of activations. They have programmed key combos that are very hard to memorize and hard to accidentally do and then there are the shortcuts that are words or phrases that link to the real cheat combos. Either way there is almost no way on earth you could accidentally hit more than 6 keys in the right order to cheat.

My suggestion is dont be affraid to admit you cheat or you have glitched which does happen. As mentioned above try backing up saves. Load game, then go save somewhere else and see if it fixes it. There is really no technical help for a corrupted save unless it is a downloaded save then you just reinstall.

guitarrocker
  • guitarrocker

And they won't rest until you're dead.

• Members

Posted 30 July 2005 - 10:24 PM

it really doesnt matter, san andreas is a strong game that can handel a lot more cheats than say gta3. ive cheated over 5,000 times and mine works perfect.

Qualia
  • Qualia

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 July 2005 - 11:11 PM

Fortunately I did save in a different slot, I'm just damn pissed about loosing nearly 4 hours of Vigilante and all that money. And yeah, I have not a clue how I put the cheat in!! Dumb luck I guess.

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 30 July 2005 - 11:17 PM

For some reason I seem to undo the Pedestrians Riot code with no problem. Just enter it again when they're rioting. It says "Cheat Deactivated." They quit rioting, and have no weapons anymore if you haven't also entered the "Pedestrians Have Weapons" cheat - which I've also had no problem disabling.

I do not cheat on my main game in which I do missions. I just have separate "bandit mode" saves where I just go on killing sprees against whacked-out peds rioting and carrying M4s and rocket launchers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users