Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Best Contributor [Technology] 2012

Posted 29 July 2005 - 02:24 AM

if you have any suggestions as that might be able to make SnP better in getting the job it was made for done, well this is the place to make those suggestions.

Keep in mind that right now things might not seem to as smoothly as you might like seeing as how it's going through some very new and radical changes. Give it some time and things should smooth out soon enough.

BTW if you made a request in the old GTAForums' SnP topic before it was completed, relax. All unfinished request from the old topic will be placed in a temporary until such time they are filled after which it will be closed, so DO NOT make requesst in there.

So feel free to make any suggestions you wish that could help. All suggestions will be read and given much thought.

Spazello
  • Spazello

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 July 2005 - 02:32 AM

Well since we are doing the individual topic thing, I thought it would be a good idea for people to "call" which games they will do. This is so two people won't work on the same person's mission. It just causes wasted time and effort.

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 July 2005 - 02:39 AM

Good point, but this was tried before yet very few ever really did it.

Spazello
  • Spazello

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 July 2005 - 02:45 AM

Alright.

Tornado Rex
  • Tornado Rex

*nix gets the chicks

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 29 July 2005 - 04:18 AM

QUOTE (wolf68k @ Jul 28 2005, 21:39)
Good point, but this was tried before yet very few ever really did it.

I just want to add that we're not saying people shouldn't do that, as it would be a big help. As of right now though it's not an official rule that they have to.

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 July 2005 - 12:28 PM

I went ahead and added it to the rules, so we'll see what happens.

kasstis
  • kasstis

Knife thrower

• Members

Posted 31 July 2005 - 12:47 AM

Why not add if it's okay for the helper to use cheats when helping. Some players might want zero cheats in the stats.

Spazello
  • Spazello

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 31 July 2005 - 01:14 AM

I wouldn't worry about the cheats thing, I think they just assume to not use cheats. But if people want to safe, they should make a note of this.

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2005 - 03:18 PM

Frankly anyone that has to use a cheat code of any kind to get past a mission, I don't want them as a helper.
Users can use the cheat codes on their own if they wanted to. Helpers are here to help them get past a mission without the use of a cheat code.

All of the times I've helped out in the VC and GTA3 SnP, I've never used a cheat code.

sheff
  • sheff

Slinging rocks since '71

• Members

Posted 31 July 2005 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (wolf68k @ Jul 31 2005, 15:18)
Frankly anyone that has to use a cheat code of any kind to get past a mission, I don't want them as a helper.
Users can use the cheat codes on their own if they wanted to. Helpers are here to help them get past a mission without the use of a cheat code.

All of the times I've helped out in the VC and GTA3 SnP, I've never used a cheat code.

Well said Wolf.

A SNP file should be returned to it's 'owner' in the same state they gave it, but with the requested mission completed. No cheats, no changes of clothes, no cars taken from garages and not returned. I would be pissed off if that happened to me..

SNP requesters also need to remember that proffering a savegame where you have no armour, no weapons, are miles away from the mission when there are nearer save points or any combination of the latter is considered to be the height of bad manners.

And so is 'hoofing' your request.

wink.gif

Spazello
  • Spazello

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 31 July 2005 - 11:00 PM

I agree with both of you about cheats. And there is nothing that really says "I don't care, just do the mission" when you are required to drive across a city to get to the mission start.

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2005 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE (sheff @ Jul 31 2005, 17:50)

This is where you lost me.

sheff
  • sheff

Slinging rocks since '71

• Members

Posted 01 August 2005 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (wolf68k @ Jul 31 2005, 23:36)
QUOTE (sheff @ Jul 31 2005, 17:50)

This is where you lost me.

'hoofing' - repeated posting in an effort to get your thread to the top of the board

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2005 - 07:20 PM

Ah ok bumping.

***GTA***
  • ***GTA***

GTAuthority

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 August 2005 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (sheff @ Jul 31 2005, 22:50)
QUOTE (wolf68k @ Jul 31 2005, 15:18)
Users can use the cheat codes on their own if they wanted to. Helpers are here to help  them get past a mission without the use of a cheat code.

Well said Wolf.

A SNP file should be returned to it's 'owner' in the same state they gave it, but with the requested mission completed. No cheats, no changes of clothes, no cars taken from garages and not returned. I would be pissed off if that happened to me..

SNP requesters also need to remember that proffering a savegame where you have no armour, no weapons, are miles away from the mission when there are nearer save points or any combination of the latter is considered to be the height of bad manners.

wink.gif

Absolutelly correct! If you cheat dont become a helper, but if you are a helper and you decided to cheat to save some time then use GTASA Console to clean any traces of cheats used. At least this way SAVE file will be returned as it was received.

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:30 PM

You as a helper still should have to use cheat codes for any reason even if the owner says it's ok or mentions that he/she has used them already.

Has for this GTASA Console thing, I would really rather not have any helper use that as well just so you can use cheats but the hide the fact you did.

A helper should be someone that says "Hey I've already done that mission myself, so I'll do it for you, and I can do it without the use of any kind of cheats or hacks." Cheats and hacks means; cheat codes (obviously) or handling hacks (not that this can be stopped) or trainers.
All of the missions can be done without the use of cheats or hacks or trainers. If they couldn't then I doubt R* would have been stupid to release it that way.

YeTi
  • YeTi

S'up Bitches?

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 27 August 2005 - 02:46 PM

I was thinking earlier of introducing some kind of reward system into the SnP to help encourage people to help out.

One thing i was thinking of was karma stars maybe 1 star for every 100 successful mission completed.

Or maybe giving more pm space for members who reach a certain number of successful missions.

Now i've run out of ideas smile.gif .

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2005 - 03:43 PM

I had thought about making a seperate stats table that showed just the helpers names and the number of missions they have done.
The problem is that I was, and still am, start some b*tch fest of who has the most jobs done plus people doing missions that already done hoping they will get credit for atleast doing the mission (which they wouldn't anyway).

I do take a personal note of the work everyone does and reward them in my way.

YeTi
  • YeTi

S'up Bitches?

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 27 August 2005 - 03:49 PM

Ok no problem it was just a idea.

Plaka
  • Plaka

King Of San Andreas

• Members

Posted 27 August 2005 - 11:55 PM

YeTi.

I have to agree with wolf68k when I've chatted with some other Helper's the question ... how many have you done comes up very quickly. It doesn't really matter how many ... personally I just like helping with or without the rewards.

On a slightly different topic I would like to know what is going to be done with the Stats, as at the moment its just Data collection with no format.

cool.gif

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2005 - 01:15 AM

Rex is currently vacation and was working on collecting the results from the old system, before he left, to add them to the new. I have to wait on that before I can but the new result from the new system into the stats table.

He stops in from time to time when he can find an internet connection.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 12 September 2005 - 04:00 PM

I have asmall suggestion one pinned topic for QUESTIONS about missions, no savegames.- Slurp Slurp, Hmmm... Sprunk!

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2005 - 07:19 PM

If you mean a topic where you can just question about a mission to get help with it?
Hummm...that's what Mission Help in general is about. Just create a topic asking your question. Yes, it'll mixed in with mission request but then that's life.
Having a sinlge topic where people are asking questions about missions will lead to a bunch of quote quoting...like this

my question
answer
question about answer
answer to that question
and so on...

...and so on

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 18 September 2005 - 10:51 AM

Another idea: Modded savegames for pc, If someone has a modden main or script and wants a mission to be done for him/her then I can do it I don't have any savegames anyway + I use an other mod every 2 seconds.- Slurp Slurp, Hmmm... Sprunk!

EarthKing
  • EarthKing

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2005 - 11:51 PM

People should do gamesaves for the PS2.

Tornado Rex
  • Tornado Rex

*nix gets the chicks

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 19 September 2005 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE (EarthKing @ Sep 18 2005, 18:51)

I'm sure they would if it was more common place for people to have the tools.

Plaka
  • Plaka

King Of San Andreas

• Members

Posted 19 September 2005 - 01:27 AM

QUOTE (EarthKing @ Sep 19 2005, 02:51)

I have the PS2 ...

1. Send me the Game.
2. Gimme the GameShark Disc.
3. I'll do your Missions ...

ArturP
  • ArturP

The Mafia from Poland

• Members

Posted 10 February 2006 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE (EarthKing @ Sep 19 2005, 00:51)

I think it's very good idea. There should be pinned topic called PS2 Mission Help. Of course there will have to be group of helpers that will help only in PS2 Mission Help topic, because of not many people have cheat device and USB Drive. Someone will post his save file and one of helpers will do the missions. Same thing should be with XBOX.

Plaka
  • Plaka

King Of San Andreas

• Members

Posted 12 February 2006 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (ArturP @ Feb 10 2006, 15:07)
QUOTE (EarthKing @ Sep 19 2005, 00:51)

I think it's very good idea. There should be pinned topic called PS2 Mission Help. Of course there will have to be group of helpers that will help only in PS2 Mission Help topic, because of not many people have cheat device and USB Drive. Someone will post his save file and one of helpers will do the missions. Same thing should be with XBOX.

Yes it would be a good idea except you would have to have the right equipment to transfer the save to the Memory Card. There are quite a few ways to do it so there would need to be a Standard which would be difficult as a Requester might not have it.

adamcs
  • adamcs

Pixelante

• United-Kingdom

Posted 27 February 2006 - 01:03 AM

I noticed there's a lot of clutter in the pinned topics section, and I've always believed that the more pinned topics there are, the less chance there is of people actually reading them. tounge.gif So how about unpinning this (doesn't really need to be pinned seeing as it's old requests from last year) and also this. If you unpin the second one, I can add a note in the HTML bit at the top, making it clear that people shouldn't PM their requests.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users