PSP Emulators

9 replies to this topic
tehhunter
  • tehhunter

ShaqFu2u

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 July 2005 - 10:17 PM

Hey everyone,

I recently managed to save up enough to buy a new psp (after destroying my last one) and it is a 1.5 version firmware. So, I thought, I should get aquainted with the exploits that were released to allow emulators/apps to run on the PSP.

Specifically, I am looking for the no-switch of the memory cards method. Anuj, I know you are good with things like this, so could you give me a quick rundown on what I would need to do to get say, a SNES emulator running?

P.S. Mods SNES games aren't warez, they are in the public domain now.

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 28 July 2005 - 10:51 PM

NOOB.

http://www.pspupdate...40-for-psp.html

That is an emulator pack. For 1.50, I didn't have to use the switch-exploit ever. All I did was drag-n-drop into the PSP/GAME folder and it would be launchable. Just remember to pick up the emulator you like to use. (SNES9X)

Then put the SNES roms (public domain, of course) into the psp/game/emulator* (replace emulator with snes9x folder name).

Then go under the Game heading on the main screen, hit Memory Stick, select SNES9X, and launch. Then navigate to the rom in the emulator, and load up. Tweaking is sometimes required to get a solid framerate.

Rayo Puño
  • Rayo Puño

• Members

Posted 28 July 2005 - 11:15 PM

Someone should make an official PSP topic, there's been like 7 topics in the last few days that could all end up in that topic that no one has made. I would do it but it would flop, I say anuj does it.

Hunter¥
  • Hunter¥

• Members

Posted 28 July 2005 - 11:56 PM

QUOTE (Rayo Puño @ Jul 28 2005, 17:15)
Someone should make an official PSP topic, there's been like 7 topics in the last few days that could all end up in that topic that no one has made. I would do it but it would flop, I say anuj does it.

I'll do it if anuj doesn't want to.

Ontopic: All the new games for PSP will require the 2.0 firmware, therefore you'll have to eventually wait for the new hacks.

But then again, who actually plays games on the PSP?

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 29 July 2005 - 12:31 AM

QUOTE (Hunter¥ @ Jul 28 2005, 17:56)

Ontopic: All the new games for PSP will require the 2.0 firmware, therefore you'll have to eventually wait for the new hacks.

I'm coding the topic as we speak. I'm trying to find all the necessary information. Look for the Official PSP Topic tonite. smile.gif

Hunter¥
  • Hunter¥

• Members

Posted 29 July 2005 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE (anuj @ Jul 28 2005, 18:31)

I'm coding the topic as we speak. I'm trying to find all the necessary information. Look for the Official PSP Topic tonite. smile.gif

Awesome. You know much more of the emulators/hacks/homebrew anyway. I'll still help when I can though.

Rayo Puño
  • Rayo Puño

• Members

Posted 29 July 2005 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE (anuj @ Jul 28 2005, 20:31)

cough props to Rayo for the idea cough

I can help out too, I know a lot about PSP and what's going on. I check various PSP sites daily. I just upgraded to 2.0 too, I miss my damn homebrew, especially SNES, and controlling my PS2 with my PSP.

MsNobody
  • MsNobody

Playstation Portable

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 July 2005 - 01:13 AM

If you're really lazy and you just feel like pressing a button but you want some homebrew games and things like that, you should go to PSP Drive. PSP Updates is the best website for everything though since they update like five times a day. Also, if you don't like those sh*tty menu backgrounds or launch icons go to Pochi Style. Ask me if you need help putting different graphics on though.

Rayo Puño
  • Rayo Puño

• Members

Posted 29 July 2005 - 01:21 AM

That site is way behind, Amanda.

This site is the most updated, probably 20-30 times a day. It has pretty much EVERY file released for PSP stuff. The forums there are also very active, probably more than GTAForums.

MsNobody
  • MsNobody

Playstation Portable

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 July 2005 - 01:34 AM

I know, I was just suggesting that website for him because I thought without him having experience yet he might just want to do that until he feels more comfortable messing with his PSP stuff. I already know about that website anyways. tounge.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users