» «
Photo

City Slicking Fun- A video Tutorial By Mikerush7

23 replies to this topic
Mikerush76
  • Mikerush76

Easy Going Anti-Flaming Supporter!

• Members

Posted 27 July 2005 - 04:26 AM Edited by Mikerush76, 27 July 2005 - 05:18 AM.

NOTE: Free DivX Codec needed for video playback GET IT HERE
Video notes: Host =putfile.com, Refresh to review video if having issues(vids are 10mb so be patient)
RIGHT CLICK VIDEO AND VIEW FULL SCREEN FOR BETTER CONTROL!

Schools - San Fierro - Driving School - City Slicking - Gold

City Slicking Fun - A video Tutorial By Mikerush76
Goal: To bring fun back to this aggravating level
Intro: Got the city slicking blues? fear no more, its time to have fun with
it. The level made me so mad I had to destroy it,Enjoy!
---------------------
Methods Explained:
  • METHOD 1:
    This method is designed for a fairly simple gold! be patient and don't
    overuse the gas.
  • -Take off and head right out of the parking lot.
  • -Cut across the grass and jump onto the tracks(TIP: while in mid air release
    the gas and pull back, attempt land as flat as possible)
  • -Release the gas slightly, just enough to regain control.
  • -Head under the bridge and down the hill.
  • -cut between the hillside and wall into the parking lot.(TIP: if you gain
    enough spped first you can clear this jump)(Tip2: if you end up on two wheels
    don't panic, release the gas tip it back on all 4 tires and keep right on
    going)
  • -from here to the checkpoint try and keep as clear a line as possible, (TIP:
    Turn very lightly, any turning at all lowers overall speed).
  • - at the checkpoint release the gas and attempt a very tiny turn.(if your not
    comfortable with this, make a very wide turn to the right after touching the
    target)(tip: Release the gas and spin the camera and slowly turn..speed in
    turning is your enemy and should be avoided at all costs, even if you must
    squash 1-2 people).
  • -use the same method when returning, but once you reach the parking lot you
    have two choices,1.jump the little hill into the parking lot(tip:be careful
    this will save alot of time but often causes tipping, release cas and
    correct). 2.enter the parking lot from the street(TIP: be careful cars/police
    bikes like to whip into this parking lot for a quick spin and can ruin a good
    run, slow down before entering parking lot and take your time).
  • -once again squeeze between the hill and the building.
  • -up the hill and down the tracks to your left(TIP: be careful not to cut it
    too tight of you'll end up on lower tracks)
  • -off the tracks, on to the road and up the hill..enter the parking lot and
    get a nice gold token!

• Video 1 -Method 1 - Slow and steady- (City_Slicking_Made_Easy_Mikerush76(Slow-Steady).avi)
    Note: Nothing fancy and not a very clean run, but a good example of how slow and steady can win this race.
    1 File medium Quality-10mb DIVX(http://www.divx.com/divx/play/)
    Complete
    2 Files High Quality-2x10mb DIVX(http://www.divx.com/divx/play/)
    Part1
    part2
    -----------READ METHOD 1 BEFORE GOING ON--------------
  • Method 2:
    I made this method to "kick the levels butt", It can be great fun and I'm
    building more to it.(this is the first draft and took me a crap load of time
    to get gold).

• NOTE: this tutorial is less explained and is directed at expert drivers.
  • - head out of the lot to the right across the grass and onto the track like
    in method 1.
  • make a sharp left once you regain control (sometimes easy sometimes very
    hard)
  • use the tree's as a guideline(the ones behind the train station)
  • jump the grassy hill, over the garbage bin and directly onto the hill
    in front of the spray shop..(tip: mid-air release gas and correct angle for
    uphill slanted landing, try to lad with enough room to make a fast turn at
    the top of the hill(adjust speed prior to jump if needed)
  • in front of the spray shop make a hard right then left and head down the
    side of the shop.
  • Cut across the back od the spray shop and onto the hill(be careful not to
    cut too shallow or you will go tumbling onto the onramp below)
  • head down the hill(TIP: Aim for the extra highway ramp thing directly in
    front of the hill.. but cut to the right before heading down the hill..this
    will allow you to gain just enough speed to clear the hellish jump into
    traffic). This part take alot of trial and error practice but if you watch
    the video it should give you a good down hill line.
  • once the hill is behind you and your on your way up the hill cu between the
    abandoned highway piece and the huge building, brive thru the grass and use
    the bridge as a guide,run along it up till you see the first tree right
    beside it...
  • cut left just before this tree and carefully work your way onto the road.
  • open up the throttle you have alot of time to make up for, try to stay in
    the center almost all the way to the huge hill.
  • for a extra nice effect jump this hill from the proper lane aiming the car
    to land between your lane and the sidewalk(tight fit but there is room)
  • slow down very little as you head over the crest of the downhill.
  • once again its very important to be in between the proper lane and sidewalk as you aproach the bottom of the hill
  • gas it up as your make the very obvious jump ahead, let go of the gas mid air and correct your angle(note: I have completed a double flip here and landed on all fours, just stay calm and adjust your angle)
  • once landed head directly for the checkpoint (if you didn't land on it wink.gif )
  • return in the same fashion as method 1(will be improving on this) you will be cutting it very close to the wire so do not slow down for anything, even the parking lot/hill.. take it wide and fast and you can make it from the lot to the hill without slowing or damage.

• Video 2 - Method 2 - City Slicking Extreme(City_Slicking_Extreme_Mikerush76.avi)
    Note: not the cleanest run but when going this route a video of 100% is good enough, For now(still improving path-Better Video to come!)!
    1 File medium Quality-10mb DIVX(http://www.divx.com/divx/play/)
    Complete
    2 Files High Quality-2x10mb DIVX(http://www.divx.com/divx/play/)
    Part1
    Part2

Note to reader: I'm not a big writer so please inform me of typo's and misinformation, I'm quite tired and have been working on this for many many hours, If you have comments or feedback please feel free to post or pm me, Please no flaming, I'm doing this for you!

Note to admin: I have more tutorials planned, also only for release on this forum (and my website, small personal site) they will be released on this forum to give my contribution to the community and to get feedback, Once there cleaned up they will be put on my website for easy access, if you would like to give me alittle room to host the vids/pages I will keep it all here(note: I use google adsense for my pages/tutorials, and would need to be allowed to still do this if hosted here(disabled=low fundage).
If for any odd reason you dont enjoy my tutorials I will gladly remove them, no flames please, I spent too much effort for that.

Thanks for readin my tutorial and hope it brings you as much fun as creating the paths did for me!(someone else needs to type for me next time, had to rewrite 80 of it due to a weird half a second power outage.)..Enjoy and goodnight!

TripWire
  • TripWire

Wedge Hawg

• Members

Posted 27 July 2005 - 01:10 PM Edited by TripWire, 27 July 2005 - 01:18 PM.

WOW!!! Thanks for that! Considering the quality and ideas of those videos, all typos are forgiven. biggrin.gif

I have a request for a video tutorial though if that's all right, and that would be the NRG-500 Challenge smile.gif I'm sure there'll be more when I start the others.

Have a stack of cookie.gif , and some catloaf_by_anuj.gif and breadfish_by_Moto.gif too! biggrin.gif

rah.gif rah.gif rah.gif

*bookmarks this thread and remembers to check back in case you do take requests* inlove.gif

Mikerush76
  • Mikerush76

• Members

Posted 27 July 2005 - 01:19 PM

Will add to my todo list but i too have problems with that level, but im always learning a new trick..Glad you enjoyed it, as a help you coud pm or post the typos's..I am a horrible with proper grammer/typing.

UPDATE: Coming Soon: Path/method 3 is nearly comlete and jump is 2-3 times higher than method 2...got 100 on time but 4 on damage.

TripWire
  • TripWire

Wedge Hawg

• Members

Posted 27 July 2005 - 01:43 PM Edited by TripWire, 27 July 2005 - 01:45 PM.

QUOTE (Mikerush76 @ Jul 27 2005, 13:19)
Will add to my todo list but i too have problems with that level, but im always learning a new trick..Glad you enjoyed it, as a help you coud pm or post the typos's..I am a horrible with proper grammer/typing.

UPDATE: Coming Soon: Path/method 3 is nearly comlete and jump is 2-3 times higher than method 2...got 100 on time but 4 on damage.

eheh Thanks!! biggrin.gif

As for the typos, I'm running short on time and I'm not yet awake, lol, but when I get back later tonight I might check it over for you smile.gif

It's generally fine, just a few apostrophes here and there that are either missing or added where they shouldn't be. I'm sure you were thinking one thing and typing another, I do that too sometimes wink.gif

Eg. in Method 2 you typed "kicks the levels butt", level should be possessive, not plural (so "level's").
and
"use the tree's as a guideline" I wasn't sure if I was supposed to watch for one specific tree (so it would be tree) or a grouping or line of them (trees) until I reread it and figured you meant the latter (trees).

I was going to give a few examples, then I found this which might help a bit. smile.gif

Oh, it's good practice to put a space before you begin parentheses ( ( <-- ). smile.gif

Mikerush76
  • Mikerush76

• Members

Posted 29 July 2005 - 08:40 AM

going on 3 days and 1 person replys..mabye i should delete it. Put alot of work into the paths to help others....mabye its too much text.... bbq.gif

squishycube
  • squishycube

TOOTEN!

• Members

Posted 29 July 2005 - 09:21 AM

Probably people will start to respond more when you do more, because they get to know you. For now: Thanks for the effort, until now I just followed regular roads and getting nowhere...
*Runs of to do Driving School again*

kynen
  • kynen

Circle San Andreas and Land

• Members

Posted 29 July 2005 - 02:32 PM

Haha, the second method is the greatest pisstake ever! (Up yours, driving school) Good job! biggrin.gif

Mikerush76
  • Mikerush76

• Members

Posted 29 July 2005 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (kynen @ Jul 29 2005, 14:32)
Haha, the second method is the greatest pisstake ever! (Up yours, driving school) Good job! biggrin.gif

Thanks... this will be a on going thing..so check back

Here is the 3rd route I spoke about...I got very robbed...(NOTE:Video it geeking out for me...but may be my codec...it works if you move the slider around abit, at the start and just before the checkpoint...will reencode and reupload later...)

This failed attempt just brings me one more step closer to total domination...lol

http://www.putfile.c..._Method3_ROBBED

mikeswi
  • mikeswi

Insert Funny Title Here

• Members

Posted 29 July 2005 - 04:05 PM

Hot damn! I did it! http://www.mikeheala...slickingold.jpg

Thanks for that vid. Never thought to go that way.

DWatch
  • DWatch

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 July 2005 - 11:43 PM

I made it thru this level with gold before you made the video, so I held off on watching it. When I did finally get around to downloading it and checking it out, I was dumbfounded by the path you took.... sheesh!! How the hell did you NOT get damaged in some of those jumps? LOL. I never thought to go that route, as the path down the tram tracks to the church and down the hill worked for me. I played a bit with taking the coastal road back up, but I ended up getting gold by doing a 180 and went back the way I came. That off-road path is insane.

The best thing about the path you took, no traffic, hehe. I kept hitting cops and taxi's on my path.

Scarpa
  • Scarpa

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 July 2005 - 12:02 AM

AWESOME vids!

You've inspired me to try some of your routes and maybe make up some of my own. I love the huge jumps!

rah.gif rah.gif rah.gif

DWatch
  • DWatch

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 July 2005 - 06:15 AM

Whats the fastest time this race has been completed in (with NO damage)? I see the videos, and they all get in just under the wire, at 100 seconds. Anyone do better?

Mikerush76
  • Mikerush76

• Members

Posted 30 July 2005 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE (DWatch @ Jul 30 2005, 06:15)
Whats the fastest time this race has been completed in (with NO damage)? I see the videos, and they all get in just under the wire, at 100 seconds. Anyone do better?

81 seconds..will provide better vids..these are instructional about paths................

kynen
  • kynen

Circle San Andreas and Land

• Members

Posted 31 July 2005 - 08:21 PM

That final jump on the rooftop is neat biggrin.gif However, overall not as much action as on method 2...

DWatch
  • DWatch

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 August 2005 - 05:02 PM

Whoo hooo.... got 84 seconds, my best time to date. Now I just need to get that &*!@* fraps to work so I can upload the vid! The full version wont run on my pc sad.gif

Mikerush76
  • Mikerush76

• Members

Posted 01 August 2005 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE (DWatch @ Aug 1 2005, 17:02)
Whoo hooo.... got 84 seconds, my best time to date. Now I just need to get that &*!@* fraps to work so I can upload the vid! The full version wont run on my pc sad.gif

sry to break your heart but I did say 81..lol biggrin.gif

Well 81.3 but who's countin..lol

http://www.putfile.c...edia.php?n=81.3

under 80 seconds coming soon, man this level is fun wink.gif wink.gif

simps
  • simps

I'm a twat.

• Members

Posted 01 August 2005 - 06:34 PM

That 81.3 was hot inlove.gif

Mikerush76
  • Mikerush76

• Members

Posted 01 August 2005 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (simps @ Aug 1 2005, 18:34)
That 81.3 was hot inlove.gif
ty
http://www.putfile.c...edia.php?n=78.4

78.4 was able to shave a couple more seconds off.

DWatch
  • DWatch

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 August 2005 - 11:10 PM Edited by DWatch, 02 August 2005 - 03:00 AM.

Well, what I meant to say was... I found a new path that suddnly cut my average time down from 99 seconds to 84 seconds (on the first run, I might add), so now getting down to the high-seventy-second average runs should not be an issue. I had some problems cutting the corners on the way back, and overshot the turn to the end marker, causing me to spin out, but still got there in 84 seconds.

So with some practice, I should be able to get it down to the mid 70's. The path I am taking back is exactly like your return path. My path to the mid-point got me there in under 40 seconds. If I had hit the marker correctly, and not screwed up the last corner, I could have done it in under 80 seconds. I should have time to practice tonight.

Anyone know why the retail Fraps will not work after having the demo running?? The demo was a newer version than what I had, so I tried it, liked it, but didn't want to spend the 37 bucks, and tried to go back to my older retail version, and now it wont run. Doh! I have tried a few other's, like Riverpast screen recorder, and a few others, but they all slow my system down like crazy.

edit: 35 was un-reproducible, I can make 38 to 40 to the mid point on average

DWatch
  • DWatch

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 August 2005 - 11:15 PM

Oh yea.... that last vid was insane by the way. I don't know how you drive with the camera at such a low angle. Raising the angle helps me see further down the road.

atwyatt
  • atwyatt

• Members

Posted 29 March 2006 - 07:43 AM

I'm curious, have there been any improvements on the 1:18.4 (78.4 seconds) City Slicking time?

That is definitely one of the most impressive racing videos I've seen.

Kremit
  • Kremit

Maximum Modifier

• Members

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:44 PM

some nice vidz mike... just wanted to comment that in your OP, your "slow and steady" method actually landed a faster time than "extreme".

Also, I don't know if the "extreme" one is better than the one where you made a left at the start, drove thru the walkway, angled a couple jumps just right so you jumped to the roof of a house... it's too bad you had to hit that lil sign... you probably would have scored another 80 second run.

atwyatt
  • atwyatt

• Members

Posted 15 June 2007 - 05:40 AM

I'm thinking we can probably combine parts of this route with Orion_SR's route to make ~1:14 possible. smile.gif

It's too bad the video links expired. sad.gif (Dang putfile.) But I still have the videos on my computer.

keep_out
  • keep_out

San Andreas lover

• Members

Posted 17 June 2007 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE (atwyatt @ Jun 15 2007, 05:40)
I'm thinking we can probably combine parts of this route with Orion_SR's route to make ~1:14 possible.  smile.gif

It's too bad the video links expired.  sad.gif   (Dang putfile.)  But I still have the videos on my computer.

Could you please upload them? I'm curious. biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users