Photo

Purple Nines glitch

14 replies to this topic
Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 July 2005 - 01:16 PM

Most people are familiar with the Purple Nines glitch. If you've played through Rumble and later start a new game, there's a chance that Purple Nines won't even appear on the street, making the mission Uzi Money unpassable. On PS2, you're screwed and have to start a new game with your memory card unplugged. On PC however, there is a fix. And if you're using v1.0 of the GTA3.exe, you can even impliment it while the game is running and next time you play Uzi Money, your targets will be Red Nines and the mission is passable regardless. Fix is here.

I had made this before and not sure why I didn't post it, but it's up now. If this has helped you out, don't be shy! Post and tell us about it smile.gif

Ottae
  • Ottae

(/'ɒteɪ/)

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 29 August 2005 - 01:09 PM

Crap, i've got the PS2 version so i guess i'll have to start again, poo -Ottae

51L3N7 4554551N
  • 51L3N7 4554551N

Feel the Wrath of Pingu!

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 August 2005 - 01:53 PM

Me got the PC version, so cheers Dem, I'm forever indebted to you inlove.gif

AnandaShake
  • AnandaShake

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2007 - 06:15 PM

any chance u could get ur site up and running again? or anyone else has a copy of this patch?

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 24 October 2007 - 06:55 PM

You can download the fix from the Internet Archive mirror of Dem's old site.
Do not use Winrar to unzip the file because it is likely to fail; use a dedicated zip program like Winzip or the Windows built-in zip handler.

AnandaShake
  • AnandaShake

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:24 PM

it worked, thanx alot biggrin.gif

The Night Fox
  • The Night Fox

I can resist everything but temptation

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 October 2007 - 09:00 PM

FINALLY, someone came up with a cure, thanks dude, have a cookie.gif

Arni.PL
  • Arni.PL

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 November 2007 - 07:35 PM

Links don't work (at least for me).
Can anybody post new link?

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 28 November 2007 - 08:26 PM

Start here: http://web.archive.o...com/gta3/fixes/
Then try the different dates until you get one that works for the download. The Internet Archive can be a little unpredictable at times. wink.gif

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 21 April 2008 - 03:32 PM

Argh! I've got the Purple Nines glitch mad.gif

It's on a game that I started from the beginning. I didn't play it through Rumble and then start again.

I've tried downloading various versions of purpleninefix.zip - they all show as being 191Kb but none of them will open with WinZip

Does anybody have a working copy anywhere else or can anybody suggest anything else?

Steve

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members

Posted 21 April 2008 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (Steve Crook @ Apr 21 2008, 15:32)
Argh! I've got the Purple Nines glitch mad.gif

It's on a game that I started from the beginning. I didn't play it through Rumble and then start again.

I've tried downloading various versions of purpleninefix.zip - they all show as being 191Kb but none of them will open with WinZip

Does anybody have a working copy anywhere else or can anybody suggest anything else?

Steve

every copy of the fix works. Here is one from my site: http://users.cjb.net...rpleninefix.zip

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 21 April 2008 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE (stef_92 @ Apr 21 2008, 16:28)
QUOTE (Steve Crook @ Apr 21 2008, 15:32)
Argh! I've got the Purple Nines glitch  mad.gif

Steve

every copy of the fix works. Here is one from my site: http://users.cjb.net...rpleninefix.zip

The fix might work - but I can't open the ZIP files sad.gif

I have WinZip Pro 11.1 and that says that they are badly formed and it won't open them.

Any suggestions?

Steve

gtamodder
  • gtamodder

• Members

Posted 21 April 2008 - 05:41 PM

Extract it with windows compressed (zipped) folder, not WinZip or Winrar.

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 21 April 2008 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE (gtamodder @ Apr 21 2008, 17:41)
Extract it with windows compressed (zipped) folder, not WinZip or Winrar.

Thanks, that's got it open. I'll see how well it works when I get to the Uzi money mission. I don't usually do that until I've got the bullet proof jeep from Ray.

Or actually ...
I changed the files, on my running game, reloaded the last saved game and started the Uzi money mission. I saw that shooting a few of the red jacketed gang members brought the total-to-kill down - so it works.

Now I'll go back to the last save file and wait until I've got the BP jeep when I can do it for real.

Great stuff, many thanks

Steve

Danicalo
  • Danicalo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2009 - 04:48 AM

sorry to bring up this old topic but its the only one I could find about this. I'm on my second restart of gta3 in the past week (first time wasnt because of this glitch) and im close to 100% (AGAIN) when i realize I have this glitch! mad.gif

I am playing on PC so was so happy when i read that there is a fix but I havent been able to find any links that work sad.gif Could someone PLEASE host the fix file somewhere or be able to send it to me? please I dont want to have to start again for the 3rd time in the last week sad.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users