Photo

Favorite videogame bossfight to date?

16 replies to this topic
Metal Monkey
  • Metal Monkey

"Finish him!"

• Members

Posted 24 July 2005 - 11:31 PM

What's your favorite videogame bossfight? Mine is the battle with The End in MGS3. I love the real-time sniper strategy aspect.

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

I drink and I smash because i love

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 July 2005 - 11:40 PM

[blasphemy] the first ending of true crime:streets of LA where you fight the dude on the rooftop.[/blasphemy]

AlianAnt
  • AlianAnt

For those about to rock!

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 24 July 2005 - 11:41 PM

The boss fight in Halo 2. Oh wait, that sucked.

But seriously, id say the best boss fight(s) were in RE4. They were awesome. All of them.

Mafia Righthand_Man
  • Mafia Righthand_Man

Shuffle off.

• Members

Posted 25 July 2005 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE (SIP YEK NOD @ Jul 24 2005, 18:40)
[blasphemy] the first ending of true crime:streets of LA where you fight the dude on the rooftop.[/blasphemy]

Hmm, wasn't that Kim Jong Il?

I'll say my favorite fight was the last one in MGS3. I'm not gonna say who it is because it's a spoiler.

woodprior383
  • woodprior383

01001000 01000001 01000011 01001011 01000101 01000100

• Members

Posted 25 July 2005 - 01:10 AM

My favorite is the first Boss Fight in God of War. You fight a Hydra and the graphics are amazing.

Kevin_79
  • Kevin_79

Shabam

• Members

Posted 25 July 2005 - 01:15 AM

Hmmm, that's actually a really tough one. I have many favourites.

The third Bowser fight in Super Mario 64 was pretty nuts, I loved that one a lot since it took me a while to beat.

Another has to be the final boss in God of War, I just played that a few monts back, and it's a really epic battle.

Any boss fight with Dante's brother in DMC3 was kick ass, and took tons of skill.

But, my favourite boss fight of all, has to be fighting Alma in Ninja Gaiden, got that ruled so much, a huge battle in a monastery...so killer.

Brown Streak RR
  • Brown Streak RR

GTAF Train Freakô

• Members

Posted 25 July 2005 - 01:29 AM

Call me a geek, but one of the coolest boss fights for me was in James Bond: Everything or Nothing for PS2. Jaws, the giant metal guy. On the train. That was classic. Sure, it was easy, but the circumstances were so cool. cool.gif

blindsk8er6d9
  • blindsk8er6d9

Z

• Members

Posted 25 July 2005 - 02:32 AM

Mine is in Spiderman 2 when you fight Mysterio in the store. Three health bars fill up and it loks like you will have to fight him for ever and in one punch they all drain and you win. Scared the crap out of me and then I was like "ohh sh*t they got me!" one

just another thug
  • just another thug

Sysnode is for lovers

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 25 July 2005 - 02:49 AM

StarFox on the N64. The second boss ending, where you first fight the giant wall face and then the brain. It's sound lame unless you actually play it.

chopper123
  • chopper123

BUSTED!

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 July 2005 - 03:01 AM

i love fighting bowser in the mario games. that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

DidierSucks
  • DidierSucks

Prophet of Trashcat

• Members

Posted 25 July 2005 - 03:21 AM

I'd say one of my favorite boss battles, even if it can't really be called a Boss Battle because you don't need to do it, was that horribly difficult and drawn out hair-pullout mess about I had with the Omega Weapon in Final Fantasy Eight. That game had a lot of good bosses. Speaking of bosses early in the game, Trauma was fairly difficult as well, although that would be my fault for unlocking abilities in the crappiest possible order.

Bonetail from PM:TTYD was pretty damn difficult as well.

Quadraxis just ow3nd the entire collective ass of Echoes.

As far as a boss with an excellent situation and themesong, fighting Splitter Crow in Timesplitters: Future Perfect actually gave the impression what I was doing had some purpose and I was battling against something truely dangerous. But that battle was toooooooo eeeeaaassssyyyy.

Mammon from Quest 64 was so retardedly difficult until I realised I should just walk right up to him and poke him in the gut with the staff from behind a barrier. Bah!

Metal Monkey
  • Metal Monkey

"Finish him!"

• Members

Posted 25 July 2005 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE (just another thug @ Jul 25 2005, 02:49)
StarFox on the N64. The second boss ending, where you first fight the giant wall face and then the brain. It's sound lame unless you actually play it.

I have yet to beat the real Andross. I've only beaten the fake one. confused.gif

Gaijin
  • Gaijin

Le Enfant Terrible

• Members

Posted 26 July 2005 - 07:46 PM

My top 5 favorite bosses of all time.

5.) The lightspeed battle with Metal Sonic at the end of Sonic The Hedgehog 2.

4.) The brutal battle cry of Magma Dragoon from Megaman X4.

3.) The final battle with Death in Castlevania: SOTN.

2.) The monstrosity known as Nemesis from FFX.

1.) A jetpack, a flamethrower, and a maze of long, dark corridors. The battle with The Fury from MGS3 truly overwhelmed the senses.

yakuza warlord
  • yakuza warlord

Always outnumbered, never outgunned.

• Members

Posted 26 July 2005 - 07:58 PM

Got a ton actually.

1. Star Fox 64. Yes like every boss was just impossible. I hated the train guy and the real Andross. God it is still an awesome game.

2. Resident Evil 2. There was one moment, not really a boss fight it was more of an introduction, where youre walking down a really creepy hallway and then all of a sudden Tyrant falls out of the ceiling or walks around the corner I cant remember which I havent played the game in ages. But anyway its the first time you see him and you have to stab him with a knife or run. The latter. Such a freaking cool game.

3. Silent Hill 3. "The God" boss scene. The final boss, such an amazing and creepy looking boss. It was like so weird looking, that they wouldnt even put the picture in the strategy guide. You had to beat the game to find out what it was. And it was definately a good fight and a good boss.

4. Star Wars: Shadow of the Empire on N64. They had some really good boss fights. Some of them I was almost absolutely sure they were programmed to be impossible. Then I just figured it out eventually and took out the trash. For instance, Boba Fett, after hitting him the first time you have to fight his slave 1 on foot. Very very hard. But I beat it eventually. I miss the N64 I really do.

Werleman1
  • Werleman1

Werle

• Members

Posted 26 July 2005 - 08:26 PM

1. Spider Man2 : the one where you fight Dock Ock for the first time in the bank.

2.Super Mario : the last Bowser fight, the one where he is using some kind of flying contraption

3.Legend of Zelga:Ocarina of Time : where u fight the thing inside the fish.

ganja_man_biatch
  • ganja_man_biatch

Pants are Overrated

• Members

Posted 26 July 2005 - 09:07 PM

The End in MGS3, it's almost like a real sniper dual to the death

crashoverrride
  • crashoverrride

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 July 2005 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (ganja_man_biatch @ Jul 26 2005, 21:07)
The End in MGS3, it's almost like a real sniper dual to the death

I loved the ending fight in the field of flowers. That was a beautiful scene and I was shocked the PS2 pulled it off. As for my least fav.... hahaha My friend and I played Lethal Enforcers for SNES yesterday and the boss fight was horrible. He was made up of like 50 pixels and 2 sprites! lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users