Photo

Mortal Kombat Deception

8 replies to this topic
San Andreas Nut
  • San Andreas Nut

a.k.a. SAN

• Members

Posted 23 July 2005 - 03:06 PM

can some one please help me with mortal kombat deception on ps2?
in konquest mode in the very first training levels the fat guy(forgot his name) asks me to perform combos somwhere along the line, i can get the first few with three buttons i.e. square square square but i cant seem to get this one... square square up X i have tried a fair few times and still cant get it...any suggestions?

as you can guess i am a noob to the mk series only played a few games of the old ones at the arcades.

turn.gif

Trogdor!
  • Trogdor!

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 July 2005 - 02:35 AM Edited by Trogdor!, 24 July 2005 - 02:47 AM.

I think I know what you mean.

I've found the combo's in MK:D to be different than in other games, you don't press the buttons in order of what events happen on the screen (pressing the next button after they perform the attack), it's like you press the buttons before what they do... happens, if you know what I mean.
Try pressing the buttons quickly, and don't focus on what's going on in the battle too much. Hopefully you should get the hang of it.

Hope I helped colgate.gif

(it took so many edits to try to get that to make sense)

San Andreas Nut
  • San Andreas Nut

a.k.a. SAN

• Members

Posted 24 July 2005 - 03:53 AM

thanks but still cant get it!! sad.gif

Metal Monkey
  • Metal Monkey

"Finish him!"

• Members

Posted 24 July 2005 - 04:47 AM Edited by Metal Monkey, 24 July 2005 - 05:14 AM.

Mortal Kombat Deception, eh? cool.gif user posted imageuser posted image user posted imageWell, since I've mastered the Konquest mode, I think I may be able to help you out. You're probably making the mistake I frequently me made. The problem may be that you're tapping all of the buttons consecutively. What you're supposed to do is tap square twice, and then tap X + up . So the combo is really square square , up + X . Not square square up X tapped consecutively.

Hope this helps. smile.gif I know Konquest mode can be a pain. Oh and the fat guy's name is Bo Rai Cho.

San Andreas Nut
  • San Andreas Nut

a.k.a. SAN

• Members

Posted 24 July 2005 - 05:16 AM

thanks Metal Monkey but i STILL cant get it sad.gif this is getting extremely annoying. i can get the two punches right i quicly tap square square
then i have tried variations such as up X quickly, up X at the same time, and up ... X but still cant get it suicidal.gif shinjutso does a sidestep when i press up and when i press just X he does a side kick and when i press up X he does a sort of "chin" kick..lol this is REALLY frustrating!!
mad.gif mad.gif sign-thompson.gif

Metal Monkey
  • Metal Monkey

"Finish him!"

• Members

Posted 24 July 2005 - 08:46 PM

Well, you're supposed to tap up X at the same time, like I said. Maybe you're not tapping fast enough. Tap square square , up + X as quickly as you can. And no offense, but the combos get much worse than this as you progess through Konquest mode. confused.gif

San Andreas Nut
  • San Andreas Nut

a.k.a. SAN

• Members

Posted 27 July 2005 - 06:55 AM

arrr i still cant get it!!! i press square square real quick then up + X but shinjutso just does a sidestep, by the time i get the kick the combo has finished....theres kind of a lag in movement when i press square square because hes finishing the last punch after i have already pressed square square am i supposed to jab him, jab again or something i press up X he does a sidestep i press it again furiously THEN he does the kick i mean wtf! i can do the up X kick normally without pressing square square but when i combine them he just wont do it!!! angry.gif !!!!
and yes i do know that the combos get harder as you go on.(sigh)

Nate Baker1
  • Nate Baker1

Back...for a little

• Members

Posted 27 July 2005 - 07:33 AM

I remember that sh*t. Fighting was hard as well. I would basically always do the same moves. Especially with baraka. That sword swip and their done.

Edit have you tried

maybe ahhhh damn. Go to gamespot maybe they will have tips.

Metal Monkey
  • Metal Monkey

"Finish him!"

• Members

Posted 27 July 2005 - 07:37 AM

Are you sure that you're staying in the right form? I don't think I've had this much trouble except for those combos like square circle triangle L1 triangle square circle L1 triangle X circle .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users