Photo

Music Files

68 replies to this topic
GTAnarcist
  • GTAnarcist

FINALLY BACK!

• Members

Posted 22 July 2005 - 07:32 AM

Where can i find the radio station mp3s in San Andreas? Is it compiled in a file that u cant open? Has someone created a program that can open it? WHERE IS IT! notify.gif

dertyjerzian
  • dertyjerzian

I have a custom member title. I call it "Solid Snake"

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 July 2005 - 07:37 AM

ogg format, that's at the back of the list for now, it seems confused.gif srry.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 July 2005 - 11:40 AM

I've been told that there are commercial players (such as Winamp) that can read OGG fine.

gtasanandreasmaster
  • gtasanandreasmaster

SAN ANDREAS !!!!!!!!!!&a

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 July 2005 - 12:42 PM

i extracted the ogg files out of the game and then converted em to mp3 with audio conversion wizard wrks fine

thing is my comp is low spec (2.41ghz 512mb ram 200gb hdd) so it took around 2 and a half hours to convert it all to mp3!

yodan
  • yodan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 July 2005 - 09:11 PM

Use this tool to extact OGG files from the game:
http://gta.ag.ru/fil...ograms/info/?13
(download by clicking the floppy disk in the yellow area)

Use winamp to play the OGG files.

Use dBpowerAMP Music Converter to convert OGG to MP3.
http://www.dbpoweramp.com
Don't convert them to MP3 (because you will lose quality) if you're gonna play them on your computer. Only convert them to MP3 if you need to use some iPodish portable player that doesn't read OGG format.

MuT7
  • MuT7

Trigger-Happy Chinese Guy

• Members

Posted 22 July 2005 - 10:03 PM

can you import OGG files?

yodan
  • yodan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 July 2005 - 10:04 PM

Do you mean into the game? No, we can't do that yet.

dertyjerzian
  • dertyjerzian

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 July 2005 - 10:16 PM

So, you CAN play the songs? The tool above (besides for radio of course) is not needed? I just need an OGG ready player?

Then what is stopping us from encoding out own ped voices and naming them the same name the game would call on and replacing them? That would work if the above statements are indeed correct. Anyone know some more? I was unaware of that much.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 July 2005 - 03:15 AM

QUOTE (yodan @ Jul 22 2005, 18:04)

Are you sure? Traditionally, you've been able to add audio so long as it replaces an existing file. Once, I was writing a GTA3 mod to use GTA2 announcer audio and it was quite functional smile.gif

dertyjerzian
  • dertyjerzian

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 July 2005 - 05:14 AM Edited by dertyjerzian, 23 July 2005 - 05:17 AM.

QUOTE (Demarest @ Jul 22 2005, 22:15)

Are you sure? Traditionally, you've been able to add audio so long as it replaces an existing file. Once, I was writing a GTA3 mod to use GTA2 announcer audio and it was quite functional smile.gif

Exactly how I remember as well. I haven't messed with them at all because I make noise not decifer it confused.gif and each file has just that. A big fat "FILE" as filetype lol. I had assumed that they may be like that because I do not have a player that actually associates with ogg format music, that I know of.

I have heard otherwise as well though confused.gif A younger guy from irc and here named GodGell said once that if he could have a look at all the stuff already known about the music files (ie things regarding stuff like the tool mentoned above that handles export/decoding) then he could most likely make a tool to make conventional audio files usable through a re-encoding process. At least that's what I took of it.

I haven't seen him very axtive lately though confused.gif

yodan
  • yodan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 July 2005 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE (dertyjerzian @ Jul 22 2005, 22:16)
So, you CAN play the songs? The tool above (besides for radio of course) is not needed? I just need an OGG ready player?

Then what is stopping us from encoding out own ped voices and naming them the same name the game would call on and replacing them? That would work if the above statements are indeed correct. Anyone know some more? I was unaware of that much.

I'll explain again.

The AUDIO FORMAT in which the audio was encoded after recording it is OGG (which is an alternative to MP3, WMA, etc). OGG files can be played by many music players, including Winamp.

The ENCRYPTION/ARCHIVING FORMAT in which the OGG FILES were encrypted/archived together is currently unknown. Those who may know the format are either not here or not talking. Zombiek (who made the extraction tool) should know everything about this format, but he's neither here nor talking.

QUOTE (Demarest @ Jul 23 2005, 03:15)

Yes, I'm quite sure.
We can use Zombiek's tool to extract the OGG files from the BIG ARCHIVE FILES, and then use Winamp to play the OGG files.
If we wanted to do the opposite - put music files into the game - then we would first need to encode the music to OGG format (which we can do), but then we would need to ENCRYPT/ARCHIVE the ogg files together (the opposite of what Zombiek's tool does). We don't have a tool to do that, and we don't have enough information about the ENCRYPTING/ARCHIVING FORMAT in order to make such a tool.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 July 2005 - 04:18 PM

Cool. Thanks for the info smile.gif

GTAnarcist
  • GTAnarcist

FINALLY BACK!

• Members

Posted 24 July 2005 - 02:43 AM

thanks. that really answered my question. i just wanted to rip the song Strutter by Kiss.

nonzero
  • nonzero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 July 2005 - 05:44 PM

On a related note - Does anyone know how to extract (just extract, replace can come later....much later wink.gif ) the voice pack from GTA:SA?

Could the music tool that was released be modified to rip the voices?

yodan
  • yodan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 July 2005 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (nonzero @ Jul 25 2005, 17:44)
Could the music tool that was released be modified to rip the voices?

I HAVE bean able to extract the commercials using the tool, by moving all files from the streams folder to a temporary directory, copying the ADVERTS file back to the stream folder, renaming it HC and then running the tool (twice: once with "DJ1" set and once with "No DJ" set, both times choosing to extract to one big file, and changing the output folder in between).

The above method did not work for the SFX files, so they're either in another format or the tool can't handle them for some other reason.

The only one who can modify the tool to extract the SFX is the guy who made it (it's not open source).

nonzero
  • nonzero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 July 2005 - 07:29 PM

Thanks for your input yodan - thats a good idea to check further.

nonzero
  • nonzero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 July 2005 - 08:03 PM

Does anyone know what each file name pertains to in the \GTASanAndreas\audio\STREAMS folder? (HC, MR etc...)

yodan
  • yodan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 July 2005 - 10:20 AM

HC - San Fierro Underground Radio (SF-UR)
CH - Playback FM
DS - Bounce FM
MH - Radio Los Santos
CO - K-Rose
NJ - CSR 103.9
RE - K-Jah West
RG - Master Sounds 98.3
CR - KDST
MR - Radio X
TK - WCTR

BEATS - theme song, songs for dancing missions, etc.
ADVERTS - the commercials
AA - police radio
AMBIENCE - background music played in various places
CUTSCENE - well that's fairly obvious

nonzero
  • nonzero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 July 2005 - 01:45 PM

Thanks chap

Ads73
  • Ads73

Fellow traveller

• Members

Posted 28 July 2005 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE (yodan @ Jul 26 2005, 15:48)
I HAVE bean able to extract the commercials using the tool, by moving all files from the streams folder to a temporary directory, copying the ADVERTS file back to the stream folder, renaming it HC and then running the tool (twice: once with "DJ1" set and once with "No DJ" set, both times choosing to extract to one big file, and changing the output folder in between). 

The above method did not work for the SFX files, so they're either in another format or the tool can't handle them for some other reason.

The files in SFX folder are in raw (generic audio) format. Mono, 16 bit, 16 bit Intel PCM (LSB,MSB) (these settings are from CoolEdit Pro). The sampling frequency varies from segment to segment, so it has to be set independently for each one part. Good starting value is about 12000 Hz.

Adam

nonzero
  • nonzero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 July 2005 - 09:26 AM

Thanks - That helps a lot.

I take it that Cool Edit Pro can open up the files with ease then?

yodan
  • yodan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 July 2005 - 11:28 AM

Just as easily as they can be opened with Audacity. Just play around with the frequencies (you'll have to do that whatever software you use).

Ads73
  • Ads73

Fellow traveller

• Members

Posted 29 July 2005 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (nonzero @ Jul 29 2005, 11:26)
I take it that Cool Edit Pro can open up the files with ease then?

Sure smile.gif

Adam

dertyjerzian
  • dertyjerzian

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 July 2005 - 11:31 PM

How about fruity loops, samplitude, or acid? I hate audacity and can't put out some cash for a new software that I don't know how to use yet confused.gif

Also, is anyone editing in-game sound at this point? How about actual radio stations? Can they be edited?

The voice of the pizza guy, Editable?

OG Loc? Editable Voice?

PEDS? Editable?

All sound?? People are actually changing sound now?

nonzero
  • nonzero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 July 2005 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE (dertyjerzian @ Jul 29 2005, 23:31)
How about fruity loops, samplitude, or acid? I hate audacity and can't put out some cash for a new software that I don't know how to use yet confused.gif

Also, is anyone editing in-game sound at this point? How about actual radio stations? Can they be edited?

The voice of the pizza guy, Editable?

OG Loc? Editable Voice?

PEDS? Editable?

All sound?? People are actually changing sound now?

Not too sure about editing - Just trying to extract at the moment...

dertyjerzian
  • dertyjerzian

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 July 2005 - 01:58 PM

kk, hopefully we can make some changes.

I personally could offer a bunch in this department with recording new things with new voice actors ad all, but I don't know if I'd want to learn a whole new audio process sleepy.gif

NathanHenry
  • NathanHenry

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 01 August 2005 - 05:00 AM

So yodan you mentioned that the AMBIENCE is the Backround music to various places like MARCO'S BISTRO right. Well anyway is there a way to get that Saint Mark's Bistro opera music out of the AMBIENCE file in the streams folder.

yodan
  • yodan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 August 2005 - 08:58 AM

Sorry, I haven't been able to find that opera music in the AMBIENCE file. It IS possible that it's there though (since I only managed to extract some of the data in AMBIENCE).

NathanHenry
  • NathanHenry

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 01 August 2005 - 10:18 AM

Well see if you can find the Marco's Bistro Opera music if you are correct in saying that the AMBIENCE file is the Backround music in the interiors the Marco's Bistro Opera Music should be in the AMBIENCE file. Please keep looking I would really like to get a hold of that music.

zbuffer
  • zbuffer

Boared

• Members

Posted 05 August 2005 - 01:55 PM

hahah it sounds dirty when u here lots of cjs pain noises one after the other
l lol.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users