San Andreas street directory {BETA}

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic
bluejeans
  • bluejeans

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 July 2005 - 05:46 PM

I haven't touched paintshop pro for 5 years, so go easy on the criticism tounge.gif check it out I'm using U.S standard highway signs, and obviously it's nowhere near complete... i want to number every road including the dirt roads. If anyone else with better psp skills wants to help out, you're more than welcome... oh yeah, the speed limits are in kph, and you will have to zoom in a fair way to see some of the signs.

Kippers
  • Kippers

おっぱいは好きで

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 July 2005 - 06:19 PM

lol. random idea but go for it cool.gif

//ghost
  • //ghost

Who's your daddy? I'm your daddy, uhh uhh!

• Members

Posted 21 July 2005 - 06:20 PM Edited by //ghost, 21 July 2005 - 07:18 PM.

I suppose it's nice for.... getting a general idea where some locations are? blink.gif

Well, good luck, I guess it would be a nice map to help out noobs. Also, you'd be better off using Photoshop CS/CS2... I think.

catloaf_by_anuj.gif

F-s-X
  • F-s-X

Kaikei, Chi Shingi Meiyo

• Members

Posted 21 July 2005 - 06:26 PM

Nice idea, might be alot of work. All I can say is good luck for you.

adamcs
  • adamcs

Pixelante

• United-Kingdom

Posted 21 July 2005 - 06:48 PM

Sounds interesting.

Here is a less blurry map, if you'd like to use it:

http://www.adamcs.ne...loads/radar.gif

bluejeans
  • bluejeans

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 July 2005 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE (F-s-X @ Jul 21 2005, 18:26)

Maybe, but i have this driving force to make san andreas more realistic, i would really like to figure out the "size" of san andreas (if you go by mph, the bottom LV intersection is only 3 miles from mulholland intersection, but obviously since the game clock times things x60, u could probly say the same about distances. Has anyone reliably worked out how "big" san andreas is?

SushiCideUk
  • SushiCideUk

Gang Star

• Members

Posted 21 July 2005 - 11:26 PM

A capital idea sir, but it does sound like quite a labourious task, but how abouts instead of numbers we get forum uses to dedicate thier used name to a street instead of numbers, after all named roads are easier to remember.... monocle.gif

//ghost
  • //ghost

Who's your daddy? I'm your daddy, uhh uhh!

• Members

Posted 21 July 2005 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (SushiCideUk @ Jul 21 2005, 23:26)
A capital idea sir, but it does sound like quite a labourious task, but how abouts instead of numbers we get forum uses to dedicate thier used name to a street instead of numbers, after all named roads are easier to remember.... monocle.gif

Sounds nice! Please rename "The Strip" to "//ghost St." ASAP.

catloaf_by_anuj.gif

bluejeans
  • bluejeans

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 July 2005 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (SushiCideUk @ Jul 21 2005, 23:26)

Good idea. Especially since most roads dont have names anyway... i would want to name grove st etc as its proper names, but anything else, tell me what name you want and what street and i'll see what i can do

Augh
  • Augh

Unspoiled by progress

• Members

Posted 22 July 2005 - 01:27 AM

QUOTE (//ghost @ Jul 21 2005, 18:20)
I suppose it's nice for.... getting a general idea where some locations are? blink.gif

Well, good luck, I guess it would be a nice map to help out noobs. Also, you'd be better off using Photoshop CS/CS2... I think.

catloaf_by_anuj.gif

Hehe yeah the like 2 ppl here who can afford to rip CS, I mean buy CS biggrin.gif Ahem.

bluejeans; Keep it going mate smile.gif If you ponder adding these as signs ingame and you're after textures painted, you know where to look... ^_^

Avast rampage_ani.gif

Cojawfee
  • Cojawfee

Super Awesome

• Members

Posted 22 July 2005 - 01:32 AM

QUOTE (bluejeans @ Jul 21 2005, 23:02)
QUOTE (F-s-X @ Jul 21 2005, 18:26)

Maybe, but i have this driving force to make san andreas more realistic, i would really like to figure out the "size" of san andreas (if you go by mph, the bottom LV intersection is only 3 miles from mulholland intersection, but obviously since the game clock times things x60, u could probly say the same about distances. Has anyone reliably worked out how "big" san andreas is?

Well you could start a new game, get on that bike and drive along a route you will remember and check how far you have gone. It wouldn't be that accurate but you could get an idea.

Onji_Mozan
  • Onji_Mozan

Writer/Comic Artist

• Members

Posted 22 July 2005 - 01:55 AM

I'd like to reserve Mozan and street now biggrin.gif

This seems like a pretty cool idea, a large bit of work, but a cool idea nonetheless. Kudos. cookie.gif

Cojawfee
  • Cojawfee

Super Awesome

• Members

Posted 22 July 2005 - 02:12 AM

What road has ever had a speed limit of ninety miles per hour? And why do you have a sign for San Fierro stating exits right outside of Los Santos?

bluejeans
  • bluejeans

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 July 2005 - 02:27 AM

QUOTE (Cojawfee @ Jul 22 2005, 02:12)
What road has ever had a speed limit of ninety miles per hour? And why do you have a sign for San Fierro stating exits right outside of Los Santos?

If you read the start of the topic you would have seen that i am stating speeds in kph. (am australian) and san fierro downtown is 4 exits away from where the sign is.

from los santos:

1st exit: angel pine
2nd exit: shady creeks
3rd exit: avispa country club/ocean flats

What's the typical offramp speed limit for interstates in the u.s? I've driven off of offramps at about 40 km/hr (25 mph?) pretty comfortably.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users