127 replies to this topic
The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 July 2005 - 03:03 AM

user posted image
I love ford, personally I think they are better than all other American car companies, and made this so we can talk about everything that is ford.

First order of business is the new Ford Fusion. IMO I like the design, and is a good replacement for the Taurus.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 21 July 2005 - 03:19 AM

I am not that fond of Fords both American, Australian, or UK divisions but a few Fords I quite like from the Mustangs to the BA Falcon etc. I am more of a Chevy/Holden/GM kind of guy.

tounge.gif

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

I drink and I smash because i love

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 July 2005 - 03:27 AM

yeah, it is a pretty good looking little car, and the nascar looks fabulous

user posted image

as for the street version, it is a worth replacement, the 221hp 3L aluminum V6 connected to a 6 speed automatic should push it at a decent rate with very little trouble. with a high 20 MPG. and starting at only 18 grand for the I4, and 21 grand for the V6, i can expect to see a hell of a lot of these on the road very soon. they really thoguht out this car. it should be a very nice car

and being a ford topic, we dont need the "ford sucks" replies, we know some of you hate ford, we dont need to hear it every time a ford is discussed

Duders
  • Duders

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 July 2005 - 03:46 AM

FORD SUCKS!!!!!:devil: devil.gif

Nah just kidding. For really stands apat fromk other American car companies because nowadays, they produce rather unique cars. Like the Mustand and Fusion really brought more attentionto this company and both are for sure to do well.

-duder

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 21 July 2005 - 03:57 AM

OMFG FORD LIEK R TEH SUC!

Ford Australia I dislike but Ford America I like especially the Mustang and all the classic muscle and hot rods you guys have.

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 July 2005 - 03:58 AM

the ford mustang is absoutley amazing in my opinion, and apparently in a lot of other people's opinion

QUOTE (april)
Mustang sales were 19,559 -- the highest April sales for Ford's legendary pony car since 1980.

"Right now, the only thing keeping Mustang at bay is lack of inventory," said Steve Lyons, Ford group vice president, North America Marketing, Sales and Service. Lyons estimated Ford dealers had fewer than 13,000 Mustangs in stock at the end of April.

Source

QUOTE (june)
Among the products introduced last fall, Ford Mustang continues to post impressive gains despite limited availability. In June, Mustang sales were 14,470, up 80 percent from a year ago. In the first half, Mustang sales totaled 96,011, up 31 percent.

Source

compare that to the around 1,000 monthly sales and a January-april total sales of 4,372 units of the GTO, and you have yourself a good-ol american beating smile.gif

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 21 July 2005 - 04:00 AM

Yeah I've got to say the best modern version of a classic muscle car is the latest Mustang, it has the looks of a muscle car which both the new GTO and Monaro lack I am afraid. In my mind the orignal GTO and Monaro were the last real GTO and Monaro respectively.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 July 2005 - 05:02 AM

The Ford that really surprised me was the GT, I thought it would do better sales, considering it is the legendary "Ferrari Eater's" reincarnation.

It is simply beautiful.

@Sip: I knew you would show your face, your member's group should be "Official Forums Ford man"

Cojawfee
  • Cojawfee

Super Awesome

• Members

Posted 21 July 2005 - 06:01 AM

Is this just for Ford or the entire Ford family? Because I am in love with the Lincoln LS. And if it is just pure Ford, I like the Five Hundred and the Fusion.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 July 2005 - 07:11 AM

Ford family my young padawan.

I love the V12 Vanquish, especially the new S V12 Vanquish.

user posted image

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 July 2005 - 07:26 AM

QUOTE (THE-G.T.A.-K.I.N.G. @ Jul 20 2005, 23:02)
The Ford that really surprised me was the GT, I thought it would do better sales, considering it is the legendary "Ferrari Eater's" reincarnation.

It is simply beautiful.

@Sip: I knew you would show your face, your member's group should be "Official Forums Ford man"

i am extremely impressed with the GT. the ferrari killer returns. motor trend tested it against the new ferrari F430 and it was close, but the ford still out-performed. the ferarri has stability control, traction control, and even computerized "launch control" that basically does the clutching for you. all of which makes it sound like a chick's car.

but the ford had a 0.2 second faster 0-60mph and a 0.8 second faster 0-120. it even got better mileage with a higher horsepower, heavier, and larger displacement car.

unfortunatley, the reason they dont sell is because dealers buy them and stick an outrageous price tag on them. i think if people realized just how limited the production is, they would pay the outrageous prices.

and i was actually going to start a ford topic quite a while ago, but decided against it thinking the chevy guys, and the few stuck-up eurpoeaners who think anything american = redneck would come in, flame the topic, and result in getting it locked. i am fairly impressed people are being so mature about it. so far.

avito coleone
  • avito coleone

Tryst's rent boy

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 21 July 2005 - 07:28 AM

The boys at GM should really look into the designs of there cars. I saw a body kit for the GTO to make it a curvy 67 clone. It looked hot. But the new mustang takes the cake, its beautiful lines, awesome power, and sheer monstorness of every aspect gives way to a (Hopefully) new generation of Muscle.

BTW-Proud to say the new monaro/gto was designed by a guy who used to come from my town!!!

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 July 2005 - 07:32 AM

I read that issue of Motor Trend, actually it's still laying on my night stand, I got it to read about the GT, f430 battle, and the new Range Rover review.

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 July 2005 - 07:50 AM

and the colors on the new mustangs are absolutley amazing. the red and yellow are so vibrant, and the blue and black are so deep you can almost fall into them, the silver/blue is a beautiful color, and the silver/green isnt the best color, but just seems to fit with the new mustang. this is one of the few modern cars i think will become a classic in the future.

DiVaio
  • DiVaio

• Members

Posted 21 July 2005 - 07:59 AM

Ford has built some nice cars, but two of them have really amazed me. One of them, off course, is the GT. The second one I really like is the GT90. It might be a concept, but it looks really hot.

Duders
  • Duders

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 July 2005 - 08:14 AM

Yes, Ford is IMO the best american car company. I was really surprised by the whole Ferarri killer thing in the past and I am indeed impressed. GM just totally sucks with so many models that are alike. The Mustang is definitely impressive with its bold old mustang design and unbeatable value. Pontiac's GTO really doesn't deserve the name GTO. All thats done is a badge switch between the Monerao and a Pick-up engine stuffed inside to make it look powerful.....

-duders

avito coleone
  • avito coleone

Tryst's rent boy

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 21 July 2005 - 08:36 AM

Most car company's do it duders. We get so many rebadge GM's and Vauxhalls in Australia. Its not uncommon and nothing to critise over. The colours of the New Mustang are deffinately just one more aspect that shall make them a classic car in the future.

On another note it only just occured to me how much Ford (well at least ford australia) is pushing the Muscle Car fad with such cars as the XR6, XR6 turbo, The XR8, The GT, The GTP, and the new Typhoon, (which may I add has nothing on the Maloo).

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 21 July 2005 - 11:07 AM

I think the worst Ford model would have to be the Ford Capri, only because my family or father owned one and it was the worst designed thing he'd ever owned. I am aware that there are two different Ford Capri's around but I am talking about the late 80's, early 90's 2-door convertible sold in Australia. For a start the horrible manual convertible roof leaks like you wouldn't believe and the engine is just bleh gutless wonder. I am sure its of European design so you can blame the UK Ford rather then the US.

Ford Capri - A shame on the real Ford Capri

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 July 2005 - 11:22 AM

yeah, there have been a few ford mistakes, but who doesnt make mistakes.

like:
the ford mustang II king cobra. f*ck that car is ugly

user posted image

but they have come a LONG way since the mid-70s

SIP YEK NOD laughs at the total lack of a chrysler topic
smile.gif

avito coleone
  • avito coleone

Tryst's rent boy

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 21 July 2005 - 11:46 AM

avito coleone slaps SYN for suggesting a chrysler topic

Yes he has a point, I mean look at the new sandman... No sales record...

Devyl
  • Devyl

Wait; I have a .GIF for that.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 21 July 2005 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE (SIP YEK NOD @ Jul 21 2005, 07:50)
and the colors on the new mustangs are absolutley amazing. the red and yellow are so vibrant, and the blue and black are so deep you can almost fall into them, the silver/blue is a beautiful color, and the silver/green isnt the best color, but just seems to fit with the new mustang. this is one of the few modern cars i think will become a classic in the future.

You DID know the "new" colors are actually the same pallatte from 1967 with modern names right? The only color I don't like the green-ish color. My old mustang was that color before I had it painted yellow. Also, have you guys seen the new designs from Roush & Steeda for the new '05 Mustang? *drool* a person here got the very first Steeda '05 Mustang and wanted to race me. I laughed and told him no way was I going to lose!

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 July 2005 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE (Devyl @ Jul 21 2005, 05:52)
You DID know the "new" colors are actually the same pallatte from 1967 with modern names right?

actually, the colors are "inspired by" the origional colors, but are infact different.

user posted image

but i really think ford has to bring back the grabber blue and grabber orange

grabber blue:
user posted image

grabber orange:
user posted image

SloStenRacing
  • SloStenRacing

Crawlin' S-10

• Members

Posted 21 July 2005 - 03:02 PM

I tried searching but I can't seem to find the site I saw it on. There is a picture floating around of a guy that bought a Ford GT and once he made it out of the dealership into the parking lot just started roasting off the expensive tread.

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 July 2005 - 03:15 PM

everybody loves a good smoke show.

smoke em if you got em

user posted image

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 July 2005 - 04:08 PM

I think someone needs to make an engine, and body kit for the new mustang to imitate the legendary Boss 429, but that's just me.

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 July 2005 - 04:20 PM

rawr?

user posted image

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 July 2005 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (SIP YEK NOD @ Jul 21 2005, 11:20)
rawr?

user posted image

Does that have the stock engine or a modified one?

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 July 2005 - 05:02 PM

it has a 350 in it(5.7L) smile.gif

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 July 2005 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE (SIP YEK NOD @ Jul 21 2005, 12:02)
it has a 350 in it(5.7L) smile.gif

nice one, I like it

Just so this isn't spam I will post a link to the main ford site

Ford

*gta star*
  • *gta star*

Z Man - Veteran Z member

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 July 2005 - 08:14 PM

Ford's, getting better, atleast the engine has been improved from sounding like a Wagon to something much more quieter. The cars have a good shape and the interior isn't that bad in them either and they are not expensive, I'd have one to be honest. The vans however are a different story, the new Ford Transit and the Transit Connect are really unreliable, my dad hired one as his van was in for a service (its first service, adter 3,000 miles) and the Transit broke down on the motorway, the engine overheated and the keys wouldn't open the van after he got it fixed, that isn't what I call 'reliable', its a shame really because the older model Transit were a better van, even if they were loud. bored.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users