• Members

Posted 18 November 2005 - 11:17 PM

maybe your friend had a different version confused.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 19 November 2005 - 06:02 AM

QUOTE (benisablink182fan @ Nov 18 2005, 16:44)
I think it might happen! A while back I remember reading a post saying that the LC team was aware of why the German and Australian versions didn't work - like Thomas said, the exes read differently - but I'm not sure whether they said it would be fixed or not. If they know what the problem is, then I believe there is a fair chance they know how to fix it. I guess that the launcher would have to be modified to be able to read the exes differently, but someone like Craig could confirm this for sure.

To fix the Australian and German versions, we would need somebody with those versions to send their copy of the exe to Hammer83. If he has those exe files, he can examine them to find out where they are different. Then the launcher could be modified to work with those exes.

HOWEVER...

Hammer doesn't have that much time to dedicate to LC right now. Even if he does get those files, it may be a long time before he could update it (if he can at all). I can't guarantee anything at this point (and especially on someone else's behalf).

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 November 2005 - 06:06 AM

your allowed to send people your exes? wow, i always thought it was illegal to even talk about them on the forums... blink.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 19 November 2005 - 06:32 AM

It's obviously for research. Hammer already owns the game, there's no piracy involved here. Of course, if you are going to send it, it should be done discreetly (like through PM). Also, I don't know at this point if this is something that Hammer can do at this time. If you are planning on sending him the Australian or German exes, make sure it's okay with him first.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 November 2005 - 05:44 AM

If i had the Aussie version, I'd gladly offer it to him.
Also, I really like the idea of Silver's Bistro in the new version of LC. its really well done and deffinatly deserves it.

Hammer83
  • Hammer83

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 November 2005 - 02:37 AM

It might not be done right away, but I'm very interested in getting the Australian executable.

shintoz
  • shintoz

Eater of gourmet pizza

• Members

Posted 22 November 2005 - 08:18 AM

QUOTE (Hammer83 @ Nov 22 2005, 02:37)
It might not be done right away, but I'm very interested in getting the Australian executable.

i can get one if you want

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 22 November 2005 - 06:55 PM

@Craig:
Here's a question I've asked before and didn't get an answer. I don't want to be a bother, but I think it's important for everyone to clarify this point:

Is the support for v5 officialy ended ? E.g. no more scm updates, no more bug reports?

Also, should we start testing v6 now, or wait until it's fully done? Because I think at this moment you've got your hands full with fixing stuff you know about.

Please reply. Thanks.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 22 November 2005 - 08:34 PM

It would be nearly imposible for me to update the v5 scm as I would have to undo all of the name changes I made to the scm (there's quite a few). And I recommend that anybody who knows what they're doing with mods to test v6. The freeway bug is still an issue as is the bug where the game crashes by the water. The latter crash we can fix with a simple workaround to one of the handling files. But ideally we'd like a proper solution.

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

yer ma's got athlete's foot!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 25 November 2005 - 08:43 PM

The download link in the first post is up-to-date, right? I'm downloading it now. There are no seeds on BT, so I can provide one, but will that work? ie, the files are the exact same are the torrent ones would be?

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 26 November 2005 - 01:07 AM

Yeah, but it's only for v5b. Support for that has officially ended as the "team" concentrates its efforts on v6. The latest version (unofficial) is the v6test package. It's linked on the last few pages of this topic somewhere, but is only intended for test purposes.

As far as I'm aware, the files linked in the first post should be the same as the torrent ones are supposed to be. So, yes, you could seed it if you want.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 November 2005 - 06:45 AM

mad.gif man... i screwed up my gta3.img file (i was creating new textures for some of my favorite cars, and now i dont like em and want the original ones back). *sigh*
and im guessing you dont have a download for it, so i guess i have to redownload the mod then copy the img and BACK IT UP then copy it to the models folder... unless any of you have an easier way? a download? i didnt think so... *sigh* blush.gif
oh yeah and ben, i changed my title, is it better? biggrin.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 26 November 2005 - 08:37 AM

I think there's a manual download somewhere on my site. It's a little bit bigger than the image, but you wouldn't have to reinstall anything. Just take the gta3.img and gta3.dir files from the archive. If you want it, you can get the last v5 image from here (~93 MB).

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 November 2005 - 09:01 PM

thank you craig! biggrin.gif
i did not think you would have a download for it, becaue it is so big. cookie.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 28 November 2005 - 07:05 AM

If any one you guys have been experimenting with the v6 files, I've got an update for you. This update will fix the crash by the water areas and it also fixes the freeway bug. This isn't a permanent solution yet, but it is a clever workaround. The issue with those two bugs was related to the way the exe does the handling data. We're still going to investigate this more to find the true cause of the problem so it can be fixed properly. But for now, the v6 files are completely playable with no known major issues.

For those that are testing this (or if you want to start get the files on page 11 of this thread) download this small package to update your v6 files. You may have to slightly tweak your gta-lc.ini file to match your setup, but the important information is in the handling section at the bottom of that file. Make sure that's in your new ini file.

Also, it may be possible that more vehicles are messed up because of this bug. So to those testing, please try driving as many of the vehicles as you can. Report any issues to me.

And finally, I am looking at getting a semi-major release done in the near future. Once choofy's 2D-fix files are done and a new installer is made by CTM, I want to upload a full package for testing. This will help us get all of the bugs (especially in the installer) figured out before Beta 2 Final is released.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 November 2005 - 09:28 PM

good job with the update craig, looks to be running alot better. i have had no major bugs yet. but it runs alot like v5b did. i did look into the gta3.img file, and it looks alot better, its much easier for us modders to work around it. i had about 4 differnt windows open. 1 for the list of cars changed on this site, 1 for the img. 1 for txd viewer. 1 for photoshop and 1 for the explorer. thats a few more than 4 i guess. its much easier now and i cant wait until choofy gets the 2dfixes done, this mod is getting closer and closer to completion, i can feel it biggrin.gif
or its far far away, but eh tounge2.gif

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 02 December 2005 - 07:58 PM

Finally, I'm back on track and eager to start testing v6, but there's a problem. The main.scm.txt file in the download is out of date. I compiled it to enable debug, and noticed it misses some new features - no permanent map icons, Bullion run is still skipped, etc. Craig, you should put up an up-to-date txt or a compiled scm with debug on, so that we can test without having to do all the missions.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 03 December 2005 - 02:28 AM

Ok, now... if i was to download v6test again. Would you put up an update for it when the final version is released? Or would I have to redowload the final version of v6?

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 03 December 2005 - 07:26 AM

Most likely not. Many of the changes between what's uploaded now and what's going to be the final v6 are changes to the image. And it's easier just to upload the entire image than to make everyone edit their own.

Konstatinos: Here's my current scm files. I updated the main.scm, main.scm.txt, and debug.scm. I also kept the old ones in there in case anybody's still using v5 and downloads this. I double checked that Bullion Run is triggered properly. And the icons (like for PNS, Ammunation, and the bomb shops) show up as they did in GTA3. They cluttered up the radar too much when they were there all the time.

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 03 December 2005 - 11:05 AM Edited by Konstantinos, 03 December 2005 - 11:32 AM.

Sry Craig, but Bullion run won't start, even with the new files. I tried both the compiled debug and the txt, same results - goes straight to "Uzi money". Maybe it works if you play the proper, non-debug way, but that would take too much time to verify.

And yeah, you're right about those icons. I thought it would be cool at first, but now I see it's kinda annoying. Sometimes they would even hide mission radar blips, like in "The Wife".

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 03 December 2005 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ Dec 3 2005, 05:05)
Sry Craig, but Bullion run won't start, even with the new files. I tried both the compiled debug and the txt, same results - goes straight to "Uzi money".

Bullion Run is right after 'Rigged to Blow' in the mission order. With the debug on, the first mission for each boss is started. So you may have to do the four missions to start it. Or you could modify the main.scm to jump right away to the proper mission. If you want to do that, let me know and I can step you through the process.

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 03 December 2005 - 07:41 PM

Oh, stupid me... blush.gif The thing is, I've never played GTA3, and in some versions of v5 BR was the 1st D-Ice mission to start, even though it didn't work. So I thought that's the correct mission order. I'll get right on it.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 03 December 2005 - 07:53 PM

Yeah, I moved it earlier so it could be tested quicker. But I forgot I had it triggered that way when I uploaded the files. The only thing I can think of to fix in the scm right now is 'Sayonara Salvatore'

bloodyskies
  • bloodyskies

lick my Ballers

• Members

Posted 04 December 2005 - 12:48 AM

Craig, does that mean a new release is imminent?

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 December 2005 - 02:23 AM

most of the bugs from the missions are done and the gta3.img file was completey redone. now everything in their is the same as GTAIII's img file (istead of admiral, its no listed as Karuma). i dont think its soon enough to post a release date because they are still waiting for choofy to finnish his peds and 2dfixes. but i think its close, very close.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 04 December 2005 - 04:11 AM

The checklist is short for a next full release. Off the top of my head, I am waiting for the 2D fixes, the rest of the cutscene peds, Sayonara Salvatore, and a new installer. Once those four things (and maybe a couple more) are done, then I will compile a new package (called Beta 2 Test v6). After that's done, then we just have to finish off the rest of the default.ide peds and work out whatever bugs remain. Then the release of Beta 2 Final will happen.

I can't give a timetable though. It could be a couple of weeks, and it could be a couple of months. It's hard to say as we're all working on this in our free time. But things are moving along really smoothly right now.

GTA_kev
  • GTA_kev

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2005 - 02:08 PM

This is my first time ever downloading a mod game so I need a quick question. It says before GTA LC can be intsalled into the directory it needs an ummodified gta vc installation or an existing gta lc installation. I can't find the file.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 December 2005 - 06:40 PM

ok, the first thing you wanna do is make sure you have purchased and installed GTA Vice City. If so then try looking here for your Vice City directory:
C:/Program files/Rockstar Games/Vice City
thats the location the installer picked for you, but if you chose the location try and do a search for the files: WINDOWS+F and search for "Vice City"
Then if you find the VC directory, copy the directory and rename it to liberty city (you can choose the name). now start downloading GTA LC. Select the Vice City Directory to install LC to. The installer will ask you if you want to install GTAIII sounds. If you dont have the GTAIII discs then just hit next.
you can have it make shortcuts to your desktop, if not then dont check the boxes. click next. now it will start to install... ok, here is the frustrating part. the installer will more than likely get stuck on 4 bars on the decompressioning bar. if so then go to: START, RUN... in the blank, type %temp% and click OK. find a file starting with maybe pdk- (thats what mine starts with) if not then just look through the files until you find the one with GTALC installer files. in that file you will see a decompressed file nammed something like LCinstaller, copy that to a safe place on you HDD. using a decompressioning tool, open the file. if the file you will see other folders, audio, audio LC... copy EVERY file in there and paste them into your GTA VC directory. then if you have your gta3 play cd, put in in your drive, and open it so you can see the files on it. in there you will see a folder called audio, or something like that. then copy EVERY audio file in there and paste in the newely created audiolc file in you liberty city directory, if it asks to overwrite, click Yes to all. now, RIGHT-CLICK on the gta-lc.exe launcher. and Create Shortcut. then RIGHT-CLICK on the shortcut and choose Properties. in the target blank, type -showconfig at the end of the line, it might look like this: Rockstar Games\Grand theft auto liberty city\gta-lc.exe" -showconfig.
hit OK and double click on the shortcut. now you should see a little window, click Advanced... go to the AUDIO tab and choose verify paths. for every path that is not verified you need to click RESTORE. then do the verify paths again and RESTORE... keep doing this until all files are verified. (if you didnt copy the gtaIII audio like i said earlier than the files that arent verified are going to be all the gta3 radio stations, CITY, WATER, POLICE. i think thats all). ok, click APPLY in upper right and you can now start playing LC. its not that hard to do.
i think i coverd everything. if you need a better discription of what to do, look on the fist page of the FAQ topic, ben did a nice job with that.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 05 December 2005 - 05:42 AM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Dec 3 2005, 18:26)
Most likely not. Many of the changes between what's uploaded now and what's going to be the final v6 are changes to the image. And it's easier just to upload the entire image than to make everyone edit their own.

Konstatinos: Here's my current scm files. I updated the main.scm, main.scm.txt, and debug.scm. I also kept the old ones in there in case anybody's still using v5 and downloads this. I double checked that Bullion Run is triggered properly. And the icons (like for PNS, Ammunation, and the bomb shops) show up as they did in GTA3. They cluttered up the radar too much when they were there all the time.

Thanks Craig. Please leave those "old" v5 files in that download so that people will be able to use Kon's existing 100% save file (linked in the FAQ topic). At least until he releases a new file.

Going back to edit my last FAQ post to fix what I said - it seems Craig has already thought of what I did. What do they say - great minds think alike?!? wink.gif

bbjj
  • bbjj

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2005 - 12:48 AM

Is there a 100% complete save file for this mod?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users