Download the mod here

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
449 replies to this topic
Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 14 August 2005 - 03:47 AM

Have you tried extracting it with WinZip, or if you have XP, the built in zip extractor? I downloaded the setup zip file from the http link in the first post and had no problems using XP's built in zip extractor.

MegaVovaN
  • MegaVovaN

GTA:LC hoster

• Members

Posted 14 August 2005 - 04:53 AM

QUOTE (Alek-Sandr @ Aug 13 2005, 21:19)
There's a BIIIIIIIIG BAAAAAAAD problem with the archive. I've downloaded the ZIP file from the first post, but when I try to start the "GTALC Beta2 Test5b Setup.exe" my WinRAR says, that there's a CRC error in this file!!! cryani.gif cryani.gif And when I try to recover the archive with "Zip-Repair Pro" I can't do that!!! cryani.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif

Is there any way to help me!!! PLEEEAAAASEEEEEE! PLIZZZZZ! I can't download it again because I have a dialup connection!!! cryani.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif

"There is a BIIG BAAD problem with bike you gifted to me!!!! The chain fell off!!!!! I tried to put it back on with a toothpick, but it didnt work!!!! I cant put the chain back because I did not study in MIT!!!"

LMAO. There's absolutely nothing wrong with our archive. Re-download file with DOWNLOAD MANAGER. Even on slowest dial-up it will take no more than two nights. My server (where file is located) supports pause and resume downloads.
ph34r.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 14 August 2005 - 05:43 AM

I'm guessing you only downloaded something like 98% of the file somehow. The size on disk value of the exe file should be 102 MB (106,958,848 bytes).

MegaVovaN
  • MegaVovaN

• Members

Posted 14 August 2005 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Aug 13 2005, 23:43)
I'm guessing you only downloaded something like 98% of the file somehow. The size on disk value of the exe file should be 102 MB (106,958,848 bytes).

size on disk? that varies, doesnt it? - depending on cluster size of that disk. so why not just use "size" in bytes?

Alek-Sandr
  • Alek-Sandr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 August 2005 - 03:39 AM

Yeah, the size is 106,955,196 bytes... But my download manager (ReGet Deluxe) says that I downloaded all 100% of the archive... suicidal.gif

... Even on slowest dial-up it will take no more than two nights...
smile.gif -> cryani.gif

MegaVovaN
  • MegaVovaN

• Members

Posted 18 August 2005 - 03:52 AM

Just re-download file entriely and issue solved. Do not blame us for making file that big biggrin.gif

Akdor 1154
  • Akdor 1154

Cell-Defient Amoeba

• Members

Posted 20 August 2005 - 08:07 AM Edited by Akdor 1154, 20 August 2005 - 08:19 AM.

Any chance on updating 7-zip with a new version in the next release? There's apparently been a speed increase of up to 20%.

Also, seeing as you know what's wrong with the installer, why does it work on some people's computers and not others'?

Thanks smile.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 20 August 2005 - 08:46 AM

7-zip? I'm not sure what you're talking about there.

And I still have no idea why the installer is not working properly with everyone's computers. I do plan on releasing a manual install version very soon though (I want to get Sayonara Salvatore working first though)

Hammer83
  • Hammer83

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 August 2005 - 03:31 PM

Does the installer clear read-only flag? Maybe that's why some files fail to copy?

Akdor 1154
  • Akdor 1154

Cell-Defient Amoeba

• Members

Posted 21 August 2005 - 06:19 AM

7z.exe is the command prompt version of 7-zip, isn't it?

QUOTE (CTM)
Okay, I think I know what the problem is. Unfortunately it involves the way that I spawn 7z.exe to decompress the archive, so you can't use the installer until the next release.

scalliano
  • scalliano

Ice Cold Killa

• Members

Posted 22 August 2005 - 02:39 PM

Quick question: I already have an earlier version of LC with the GTA3 audio files already installed. Can I skip copying them again with the new installer?

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 22 August 2005 - 07:49 PM

You should be able to.

Just back up your gta-lc.ini file before you install as it may be overwritten.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 23 August 2005 - 06:07 AM

Ok now that i have my LC working again i can start focusing on more important things, such as the development of the mod!
Craig, when you've stomped out the bugs in Sayonara Salvatore and got it working, you said you were planning on releasing a manual install version. Can those of us with the automatic installer expect an update (such as a small .rar file with updated files)?
Will silver007's interior be released with an update so everyone can test it out, or will people just have to download it themselves if they want to test it, seeing as it is still in the beta stage?

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 23 August 2005 - 06:37 AM

I will release a small rar package that updates the v5b installer package when Sayonara Salvatore is done (whenever that is)

And I'll reserve the decision on whether the Bistro interior should be official until after I see how it is in game. I'll also want input from some of the other long time team members.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 23 August 2005 - 07:41 AM

Ok thanks. Sounds good. I can't wait! This mod just keeps getting better and better... wink.gif

CTM
  • CTM

A ringing phone has to be answered, doesn't it?

• Members

Posted 23 August 2005 - 08:49 AM

QUOTE (Akdor 1154 @ Aug 20 2005, 09:07)
Any chance on updating 7-zip with a new version in the next release? There's apparently been a speed increase of up to 20%.

Also, seeing as you know what's wrong with the installer, why does it work on some people's computers and not others'?

Thanks smile.gif

Absolutely. Actually I hadn't noticed the update, so thanks for the heads-up there too biggrin.gif

To answer the second question: the installer (in its latest release) decompresses the archive by launching 7z.exe, which is bundled with the installer executable. The method that I currently use of spawning the process ensures that the 7z.exe console window is never shown, however I realised that the method was native to Win2000/XP when people on Win98 said that the installer appeared to freeze at that point. (More accurately, the installer hadn't frozen - it would still respond to mouse clicks - but it was waiting for a non-existant 7z.exe to extract files that would never be extracted. sigh.gif )

I now realise that since the installer doesn't really use its own console window (the GUI is created as a separate window, then I hide the console window from view), it would be fine to use the system() function, which works on all Windows OSes, without disrupting the smooth running of the installer. It might also reduce the size of the installer by 1MB or so, but I'm not making any promises yet. wink.gif

Mark Pagliaro
  • Mark Pagliaro

Minutes To Midnight

• Members

Posted 23 August 2005 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Aug 23 2005, 02:37)
I will release a small rar package that updates the v5b installer package when Sayonara Salvatore is done (whenever that is)

And I'll reserve the decision on whether the Bistro interior should be official until after I see how it is in game. I'll also want input from some of the other long time team members.

As a long-time member I personally would say go for it. LC needs some interiors and this is an official interior made by R*.

ringu61
  • ringu61

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 August 2005 - 02:06 PM

Just wondering how am I suppose to check which version of Vice City I got?
I baught from NZ

Is this mod really buggy? if so then I will wait when it gets stabler.

ringu61
  • ringu61

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 August 2005 - 05:18 PM

ok I installed the mod and everything went fine except that I am stuck on Loading screen and can go no further. Please help!

Smellton
  • Smellton

Can't get off my chair

• Members

Posted 25 August 2005 - 04:37 AM

Does this download contain the latest Main.scm, or do I have to get the latest code from the Mission IV thread?

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 25 August 2005 - 05:32 AM

The latest scm is found here. And it's newer than the one in the v5b download.

ringu61
  • ringu61

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 August 2005 - 07:34 AM Edited by ringu61, 25 August 2005 - 07:49 AM.

Dun worry I made this mod works now

I think I should put up a guide which will solve everything in one go

but I dunno if it's legal or not (a part which contain a illegal part but maybe not if u have full version) but that's the only way to get rid of insert CD things and Unhandled Exception thing , Musics and works for every version of Vice City inclde Australian and German versions. But I dunno if I should post it or not?

To make everything bugless there are few steps I can tell u and few files u need but installation is very simple.

ringu61
  • ringu61

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 August 2005 - 07:40 AM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Aug 25 2005, 05:32)
The latest scm is found here. And it's newer than the one in the v5b download.

wat does this new .scm do? will it make game buggy again?

-Garrett-
  • -Garrett-

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 August 2005 - 09:10 AM

It's the absolute latest up-to-the-minute SCM (he reuploads it like twice a day it seems!) but it has debug enabled.

So unless you know how to turn debug off (which I don't) it's probably not very helpful.

Or is this one not containing the debug any more? A couple of days ago it did... dontgetit.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 25 August 2005 - 09:37 AM

The main.scm controls the mission scripts - a new version means there's been updates on missions. As far as im aware, the debug is still enabled, which means that the entire three islands are open up from the start, you have $100000 and 250 armour and health. Also, in the top left corner, your position is listed, and all of the missions are available. This allows the LC team to test out the missions and general gameplay easier. No, it wont make the game buggy again - well, it hasn't for me wink.gif!

@ringu61:
Perhaps you should PM Craig with this installation before posting - its a good idea to stay away from anything potentially illegal if you want to avoid being banned. He can decide if its "postable" wink.gif!

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 25 August 2005 - 07:44 PM

Posting no-cd cracks of gta-vc.exe is not allowed here. No need to PM me on that issue.

And the latest scm still has some minor issues in "Sayonara Salvatore" but it should be playable. It also updates a few small bugs that most people probably never noticed.

The debug variable is on for easy testing and it can easily be changed. Just open the main.scm.txt file in Mission Builder 1.5. Then search for $MASTERLCDEBUG = 1 and change it to $MASTERLCDEBUG = 0.

-Garrett-
  • -Garrett-

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 August 2005 - 12:50 AM

But if the guide just said "then Google for a NoCD crack" that would be OK right? Stating, but not providing? confused.gif

...ahhh, I thought there'd be some easy way to disable it. As it is I loaded a save game and that circumvented the debug. But it's nice to know I can do it properly.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 26 August 2005 - 05:17 AM Edited by benisablink182fan, 26 August 2005 - 05:56 AM.

Re-reading it now, i think its pretty clear that the installation guide involved the use of a no-cd crack (the chances of downloading one which is German or Australian is pretty slim), and posting of no-cd cracks in gtaforums is not allowed (not to mention illegal) as Craig said. In fact, encouraging the use of them is potentially illegal too.

EDIT - Just one question: Ive just downloaded the latest scm - is the VICESCM supposed to replace the scm_vice file?
I'll be sure to back up the files first before updating in case i have any problems.

EDIT 2 - Nevermind, i figured it out.

ringu61
  • ringu61

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 August 2005 - 10:43 AM

QUOTE (benisablink182fan @ Aug 25 2005, 09:37)
The main.scm controls the mission scripts - a new version means there's been updates on missions. As far as im aware, the debug is still enabled, which means that the entire three islands are open up from the start, you have $100000 and 250 armour and health. Also, in the top left corner, your position is listed, and all of the missions are available. This allows the LC team to test out the missions and general gameplay easier. No, it wont make the game buggy again - well, it hasn't for me wink.gif!

@ringu61:
Perhaps you should PM Craig with this installation before posting - its a good idea to stay away from anything potentially illegal if you want to avoid being banned. He can decide if its "postable" wink.gif!

Just wondering about three islands opens up from the start. How come my one is not opened up from the starts? I have to pass each mission till they open up.
I have latest GTA: LC Installed and the update u mentioned.

Scrag
  • Scrag

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 August 2005 - 02:48 PM Edited by Scrag, 26 August 2005 - 02:58 PM.

Scrag Here, Where Do You Put the Files From The Folder?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users