Download the mod here

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
449 replies to this topic
YeOldePube
  • YeOldePube

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 July 2005 - 11:01 PM

I am using Windows ME, but I sorted that out by using the CTM method. I still get the 'insert cd' message, I have copied all the audio files from the audio file on the play cd to both the audio folder and the audioLC folder and it stil gives me the same message.

Cheers

Steve

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 23 July 2005 - 03:34 AM

Gday, i was just wondering if it makes any difference if you have the gta3 audio files on your hard drive and not on the cd - can you select the directory where to copy them from?

Also, can't the problems of running LC on the Australian and German versions be overcome by simply changing the regional settings on your computer - i know in gta3, if i change my location to say i live in America i can pick up hookers, but if it says i live in Oz, i can't. Haven't tried that with my VC yet. Were previous versions of LC ever affected with the problem of having an Australian VC because i never had any problems before - is this just an issue that's arisen out of the v5?

Sorry about the questions - i know i could just download the mod and try it myself, but when you are running 56k with a 400MB download limit a month, well, if you were, you'd understand wink.gif!

PresidentKiller
  • PresidentKiller

Anger Manager

• The Connection

Posted 23 July 2005 - 09:10 AM

Well, I tried the "manual" install of the mod, then I copied my GTA3 audio files to the AudioLC folder. Everything works fine except the voices from peds, police and even Tommy's voice, everything is still there from Vice City.

DominionSpy
  • DominionSpy

Man with a plan!

• Members

Posted 23 July 2005 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE (CTM @ Jul 22 2005, 21:53)
Did you copy over the audio files from the CD into the audioLC directory? (I think Craig suggested that earlier, a lack of audio files definitely causes that problem.)

Yes, I had... except for one file - City.wav that wouldn't copy across because of a CRC mismatch. I've put a blank City.wav file in the AudioLC directory and it works now.

CTM
  • CTM

A ringing phone has to be answered, doesn't it?

• Members

Posted 23 July 2005 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE (PresidentKiller @ Jul 23 2005, 10:10)
Well, I tried the "manual" install of the mod, then I copied my GTA3 audio files to the AudioLC folder. Everything works fine except the voices from peds, police and even Tommy's voice, everything is still there from Vice City.

Those parts of GTA:VC are stored in the sound effects archive. Check the Audio thread in this forum to find out how to replace them. smile.gif

chaoticmayhem
  • chaoticmayhem

Too much pressure!

• Members

Posted 28 July 2005 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Jul 21 2005, 21:41)
QUOTE (thomaslob @ Jul 21 2005, 14:09)
Hi,
I installed the mod manual and after that I wanted to start it, but when i open the gta_lc.exe  a messace aperad that says i schould insert Vice city cd2 but the cd is insert!When i open gta_vc.exe that messace doesn't aper but when i click Start new game it crashes to desktop !

Can somebody help me ??
(Sorry for my bad english)

MFG Thomas

That error is caused by misplaced audio files. Try downloading the installer (linked in the first post of this thread). That automates the entire process and you shouldn't get that error when it's done.

I also have that error and I used the installer. Any other way to fix this?

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 29 July 2005 - 04:22 PM

The installer automates the process, but it needs a little help if you don't have the GTA3 CD...
Run the "Show config" shortcut. Click Advanced. Click the Audio tab. Click Verify Paths. Now select each of the invalid entries it finds (GTA3 radio stations + some other) and click Restore (under "New path" on the right). Keep going until it says "All files are valid". All done!

Hotcakes
  • Hotcakes

The Amazing Mr Whoopeeeeeee

• Members

Posted 01 August 2005 - 02:40 PM

For me the problem is a little different. The installer gets to the GTA3 Play Disc bit, when I click the Browse... button the standard folder selection dialog pops up, but it won't let me select the CD drive. If I try to select the Audio directory on the CD, the installer says it isn't a CD =]

Guess I will have to install manually.

EDIT : Using Windows 2000.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 02 August 2005 - 06:21 AM

QUOTE (CTM @ Jul 23 2005, 23:59)
QUOTE (PresidentKiller @ Jul 23 2005, 10:10)

Those parts of GTA:VC are stored in the sound effects archive. Check the Audio thread in this forum to find out how to replace them. smile.gif

Is there any chance that the modified SFX.RAW file can be added as part of the installer for the next release of LC (assuming that's the file you need to mod in order to get all the VC sounds changed)?
Actually, can all of the audio files that need to be modded to change VC sounds to LC sounds be added (eg - police radio, etc.)?

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 02 August 2005 - 06:49 AM

The SFX.raw is almost 300 MB uncompressed. Including that would most likely double the size of the download. That's simply not going to happen. What we need to do is fine tune what we already have. Make so those that actually have GTA3 can be rewarded with GTA3 sounds. Those that don't will have to live with VC's audio. The only thing (I think) that we have to do audio wise is figure out how to get it working for everybody.

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2005 - 12:52 AM

it really is good to see that you guys have carried on working with this mod, i'm downloading this now and will install it A.S.A.P. i have been waiting for this release with anticipation even though i don't post in here.

a big thank you to all involved, here are some well deserved cookies cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 05 August 2005 - 07:00 AM Edited by benisablink182fan, 05 March 2006 - 03:26 AM.

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Aug 2 2005, 16:49)
The SFX.raw is almost 300 MB uncompressed. Including that would most likely double the size of the download. That's simply not going to happen. What we need to do is fine tune what we already have. Make so those that actually have GTA3 can be rewarded with GTA3 sounds. Those that don't will have to live with VC's audio. The only thing (I think) that we have to do audio wise is figure out how to get it working for everybody.

Well ive finally got the v5b - it's sooooo much better than v4 (and it comes up about 30MB smaller also!)!

I noticed that most of the sounds have been changed on my version - does this mean that it's working for me? I only played for about 10mins and most of the peds seem to have been fixed, there are gta3 sounds instead of VC sounds in the menus, and the police voice-over thingy (when you have wanted stars) has been altered to say "Liberty City" instead of "Vice City".

Do you still have to replace the police radio in the audio folder to get the GTA3 police radio (i have it in mp3 form from an older version of LC) or does the installer automatically do that for you?

EDIT:
QUOTE (benisablink182fan @ Aug 5 2005, 17:00)
Well ive finally got the v5b - it's sooooo much better than v4 (and it comes up about 30MB smaller also!)!

Sorry, make that about 320MB smaller, which is really good when im trying to save space. Good work guys! wink.gif

M0rt@nius
  • M0rt@nius

The truth is out there...

• Members

Posted 05 August 2005 - 09:00 AM

I have a problem with the installer. When it starts to copy new files, I get the error message:

flock() unimplemented on this platform at /PerlApp/File/NCopy.pm line 201, <DATA> line 164.

When I click OK, the installer exits. I've got Windows ME.
Can somebody help me ?

soglad_4_themadness
  • soglad_4_themadness

Beat's Old Ladies With Baseball Bats

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 05 August 2005 - 09:52 AM

the 1st download like dsnt wrk

gta_gangs
  • gta_gangs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 August 2005 - 08:20 PM

why don't make a san Andreas total conversion to bring the SA engine to VC? lol.gif and where can I found a lowrider in GTA LC? confused.gif

tommy vercetti guy
  • tommy vercetti guy

A fellow canadian

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 August 2005 - 09:38 PM

Darn it, I dont know why i keep downloading this mod. I downloaded the new one in the first post, but there is still the "insert Vice City CD" problem, and the CD is already in. confused.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 05 August 2005 - 11:57 PM Edited by benisablink182fan, 06 August 2005 - 12:00 AM.

QUOTE (gta_gangs @ Aug 6 2005, 06:20)
why don't make a san Andreas total conversion to bring the SA engine to VC?  lol.gif and where can I found a lowrider in GTA LC? confused.gif

Ok, GTA:LC has been in development for a couple of years now (i think), and it's taken a lot of hard work from the team to get it to its current stage, which is still incomplete. It would take an enormous amount of work to get a mod like you're suggesting working - your other post already has a reply about a mod like the one you're talking about.

QUOTE (tommy vercetti guy @ Aug 6 2005, 07:38)
Darn it, I dont know why i keep downloading this mod. I downloaded the new one in the first post, but there is still the "insert Vice City CD" problem, and the CD is already in.

Check out Craig's topic which tells you how to fix this problem - you can find it here.

Also, just a quick question - does the v5b automatically convert the GTA3 radio stations over for you if you have them?

-Garrett-
  • -Garrett-

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 August 2005 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE (benisablink182fan @ Aug 5 2005, 23:57)
Also, just a quick question - does the v5b automatically convert the GTA3 radio stations over for you if you have them?

I think so.

At least I had Vice soundtracks before patching and all of a sudden GTAIII ones play after patching. I never bothered making ADFs but had dumped them in the AudioLC directory, so I don't know if it *really* drew them from the CD or not. Hm. confused.gif

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 06 August 2005 - 05:39 PM

Can you put TXDs at the end of the IMG? The game reads DFFs before TXDs.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 07 August 2005 - 05:30 AM

space, I'll really try to remember that for the next release. I still prefer Spooky's IMG Tool, so I'll have to dig out Spoon's version to mass move the files.

@About the radio: With the new installer, if you have the GTA3 audio CD present, then the GTA3 radio stations are simply copied over in wave format to your hard drive and they play perfectly in the game. And if you don't have the GTA3 CD, then only the SFX files (like ped dialog) are copied over. The rest of the audio (the big stuff like radio stations) are left as Vice City.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 07 August 2005 - 10:47 AM

Ok thanks. One of my friends was going to download the mod and was curious. I didn't know, but was pretty sure - i don't have the radio stations so it makes no difference to me.

Cam
  • Cam

Cam

• Members

Posted 08 August 2005 - 01:42 AM Edited by Camaro d00d, 08 August 2005 - 01:45 AM.

Having troubles on the "Decompressing Archives" step, I let it run for a couple hours... I cant get it to work. Could you pur a .rar file up without the exe install for those who are having problems?

[Edit] Nevermind, found one in the temp folder. smile.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 08 August 2005 - 06:57 AM Edited by benisablink182fan, 08 August 2005 - 06:59 AM.

Hey i was just thinking that perhaps we should have another pinned QUESTIONS topic for people to post in so they don't start as many new topics - some will still start new topics, but perhaps there won't be as many. It's so annoying when the same questions are posted over and over and over and over again! And im not even a moderator/administrator, nor on the team!

EDIT - Maybe the HELP topic should be pinned too, so it's easier for people to find it. I dunno, just a thought.

teh roxxors
  • teh roxxors

Checking Attitudes

• Members

Posted 09 August 2005 - 02:20 AM

They should have a pinned and locked thread that only Craig can update with the current status of the mod, detailing what's done and what's not.

I've been waiting for the mod for a year or so, and finding out the status has always meant reading several pages of posts, only to find out (eventually) that it's still not done. Having one thread with just one post to read would be nice. Discussion of bugs & installations could stay separate.

Just an idea.

Sure would like to rip through Liberty City on a PCJ-600.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 09 August 2005 - 07:15 AM

Yeah, i'd have to agree with that idea.

Also, thanks Craig for locking up that LC to SA topic.

MegaVovaN
  • MegaVovaN

GTA:LC hoster

• Members

Posted 13 August 2005 - 04:32 AM

Yikes, it works!

Maybe I have clean windows install, very fast machine, or it's the position of stars, but i pulled two jewels: GTA3 and GTA VC, freshly downloaded beta5, and in 10min it was up and running smooth and nice!

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 13 August 2005 - 04:39 AM

Well, what can i say, that's pretty impressive. Don't have much idea what you're talking about though - im assuming that you got LC installed in about 10mins? It took about 30mins for me, but my computer's slow so that was expected. Unless you mean that you got LC, VC and gta3 installed in 10mins - sorry, but that's just a little far-fetched! It would take me at least an hour to do that, maybe a tad more.

MegaVovaN
  • MegaVovaN

GTA:LC hoster

• Members

Posted 13 August 2005 - 05:02 AM

Well, i did not time it tounge.gif
But only the mod install time was surely below 10 min.
In case your wondering, here's my system:
DVD drive - reads CDs at 48x
AMD Athlon 3200+
1gb RAM
6800GT
Hitachi 80gb x2@SATA RAID 0
Fresh WinXP install.

What are your specs?

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 13 August 2005 - 06:45 AM

My computer's reaching "old age" now - i got it in 2002, and the specs are:

DVD-RW (installed about a month ago) - reads at 52x (i think)
CD-RW - reads at 48x
Intel P4 1.7gHz
256MB RAM
40GB HDD (9GB free now)
Radeon 9200 SE 128MB Graphics Card
Win XP SP2

I haven't defragged or cleaned it up for a while so maybe if i did that it would run faster tounge.gif!

Alek-Sandr
  • Alek-Sandr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 August 2005 - 03:19 AM

There's a BIIIIIIIIG BAAAAAAAD problem with the archive. I've downloaded the ZIP file from the first post, but when I try to start the "GTALC Beta2 Test5b Setup.exe" my WinRAR says, that there's a CRC error in this file!!! cryani.gif cryani.gif And when I try to recover the archive with "Zip-Repair Pro" I can't do that!!! cryani.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif

Is there any way to help me!!! PLEEEAAAASEEEEEE! PLIZZZZZ! I can't download it again because I have a dialup connection!!! cryani.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users