• This topic is locked This topic is locked
449 replies to this topic
Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 22 June 2006 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (ITBTD @ Jun 22 2006, 19:31)
could i still install this even though i have mods on the current version of GTA: LC

Well, I guess you could install it, but those mods would certainly be lost. You'd have to install them again.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 23 June 2006 - 06:24 AM

@ITBTD - When I asked you ages ago did you have mods installed on LC, you said no. Yet now you do - the majority of the time, a mod will be the cause of a crash. So removing all of your LC mods and using this package should fix all of your problems. I've tested it and it works perfectly fine for me smile.gif .

Also, be sure to read the instructions that come with the package. It is preferable that you DON'T install this over a previous LC, but rather start a-fresh by copying an unmodded VC and renaming it LC, and then installing v6 there wink.gif .

Samutz
  • Samutz

if ($lol) { die(rofl()); }

• Members

Posted 23 June 2006 - 12:40 PM Edited by Ben, 24 June 2006 - 12:41 AM.

v6 Mirror:
http://www.samutz.co...blicTest-v6.rar

EDIT by Ben - Thanks smile.gif .

MegaVovaN
  • MegaVovaN

GTA:LC hoster

• Members

Posted 05 July 2006 - 01:02 AM Edited by MegaVovaN, 10 July 2006 - 01:43 AM.

Back from my "vacation" - a month without computers!!
mirrored:

http://lc.megavovan....blicTest-v6.rar

EDIT by Ben - Oh no! How did you survive? tounge.gif

Thanks smile.gif .
smile.gif
I survived by practicing meditations concerning inner energetics, like virtual inside massage of organs with "image" of 3rd and 4th arm. Not a joke!

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 10 July 2006 - 11:01 PM Edited by Craig Kostelecky, 10 July 2006 - 11:08 PM.

Hey guys. For the last few months I've been working quietly (mostly through IM contact) on getting a new release done. But with only me having the latest files it's kind of hard to get things done right.

So I'm releasing everything I have right now so the team can get synced up again and we can start working on a formal Beta 2.7 release.

There's still a few things to be done, and if you're working on any new files, make sure you do not overwrite them in case I never received the update.

I was originally just going to share this with the active team members, but I'm not sure if everybody received the PM I sent. Plus space's PM box is full, and he defintely should have the latest version. I do want to keep this a somewhat small release as there are a few bugs to work out (see below). So download at your own risk. tounge.gif

Big thanks to ModelingMan, Choofy, Ben, and AK-73. They have really put in a lot of time and effort since the last release. And it was their involvement that got me motivated again.

So without further delay, here is my current files.

And here is the latest SFX update (you'll need it if you want pager sounds and everything else). Note if there is an scm file in this download, do not install it. The one in the first package is the most recent version.

Note if you're not using the 1.0 VC exe, you will get crashes unless you also download this file.

Let me know (on the forums) if there are any bugs at all with this (no matter how small). I want the next release to be worthy of the wait everyone's had to endure.

Known issues:
The guys still don't walk to the street properly in Sayonara Salvatore.
Some of the sounds do not work yet.
The car crusher does not always pick up the car.
Some LODs stick out in a few places.
There's still several unconverted PEDs/actors.
There's still no cars in the opening cutscene.
And there's probably more, but that's what's popping in my head now.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 11 July 2006 - 07:10 AM

Thanks Craig. It's great that the project is starting to pick up again smile.gif .

Although sadly, I won't be dedicating a great deal of time to it in the near future - I've got too much happening in Real Life™, especially with school. I'm not even sure there's much more that I can do in terms of the development side anyway - most of my future work will be coordinating updates to the stuff I've worked on, and then maintaining the forum. So don't expect to see me online a great deal in the coming weeks - I'll still be around though wink.gif .

I'd recommend to everyone to get the updated ASI file though - only because it's the most up-to-date version. There is one minor bug that I've come across - when I click start new game, some of the VC loading screens pop up confused.gif . I originally thought it might have just been that I didn't have all of the correct txd files copied over, but I've checked and there's nothing wrong there. I can only assume that it must be related to ModelingMan's ASI file in some way - it's not a real biggie at the moment anyhow smile.gif .

So yeah, I hope this can inspire even more action - I'll try and keep the checklist up-to-date, although each of the issues will need to be tested with these new files. If you can help out with that, just give me a list of things that need to be changed on the checklist and I should be able to update it icon14.gif . I was planning on doing some testing myself, although I don't know how I'll go for time. I've been putting my school work off for a while now, and it's starting to pile up, so I think I'd better get stuck into some of it cryani.gif .

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Members

Posted 11 July 2006 - 02:11 PM Edited by Ben, 12 July 2006 - 03:39 AM.

QUOTE (Ben @ Jul 11 2006, 08:10)
There is one minor bug that I've come across - when I click start new game, some of the VC loading screens pop up confused.gif .  I originally thought it might have just been that I didn't have all of the correct txd files copied over, but I've checked and there's nothing wrong there.  I can only assume that it must be related to ModelingMan's ASI file in some way - it's not a real biggie at the moment anyhow smile.gif .

That's not a bug, that's the way R* must have planned to have their loading screen look like, basically I forced the game to show them. But R* most likely taken it out since load times are quick and you don't really get a chance to see the splash screens. Try copying over the GTAIII ones and you'll see it as it should be.

EDIT by Ben - Ah rightio. Cheers smile.gif .

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 12 July 2006 - 10:56 AM

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!"
- Al Pacino in Godfather III

Seriously, this release is just the impulse I needed to be pulled back to LC. So I'll get back to testing... my 5th time through the game. Or is it 6th? suicidal.gif No matter, if v7 is half as cool as it appears to be, it's worth it. Just please don't expect me to test so intensively as with v6 - it's summer holiday after all.

BTW, Craig, could you put up an up-to-date main.scm.txt file? The package doesn't have it.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 12 July 2006 - 01:23 PM

Sure. It's now up in its usual place.

lord fido
  • lord fido

Retired gangbanger

• Members

Posted 12 July 2006 - 02:46 PM

So.. Whats the lastest progress? I though you guys have finished.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 13 July 2006 - 04:50 AM

For the however many times I've said it - when everything in the checklist is crossed off, then we'll be finished.

Did you even read Craig's post? He clearly stated that this wasn't a major release confused.gif .

trobe
  • trobe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 July 2006 - 06:48 PM

while playing GTA LC on stauton island on rays missions the silence the sneak one i kill his partner but it doesnt say missiion complete or mission failed

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 29 July 2006 - 08:13 PM

How exactly did you kill him?

trobe
  • trobe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 July 2006 - 08:37 PM

he was in the car and i was on bike shooting it with uzi til it blew up

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 July 2006 - 03:24 AM

Holy! I don't go to this section for a while and when I come back ready to take screenshots; there's a new beta (well new to me). Yay, somebody bumped the screenshot topic for me too. Today is my day. tounge.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 06 August 2006 - 11:30 PM

Okay, after about a day and a half of working on the same bug, ModelingMan has figured out what was causing the crashes with the emergency crane and the IE garages. And in the process of that, we also went back to using the GTA3 pickup icons (with the names over the top of the pickups. So now you don't have to push a button to pick up the car, you just walk into the icon. Big thanks to ModelingMan for fixing this very major bug.

There's also a fix for the airplanes that were sunk in the ground at the airport. Thanks to Mark Pagliaro for that one.

And since I messed up a few files in my initial upload of 2.7, I've put together all of the files to update that package to my current setup. I will continue to update this file as I get new updates. You can get the updated package here.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 09 August 2006 - 04:02 AM

Wow, this is all coming along nicely smile.gif .

For those of you who noticed - actually, for those of you who cared tounge.gif - the reason behind my inactivity of late has been my exams for school. They finish on Friday, so after that, I'll be around a bit more again wink.gif .

@Craig - thanks for the pinned topic, that'll make reinstalling LC a breeze for me smile.gif .

XXXmags
  • XXXmags

Dirtier every day..

• Members

Posted 17 August 2006 - 12:16 PM

can i make this mod work with no other GTA LC mods in it the V6 beta 2 mod ??? notify.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 18 August 2006 - 06:04 AM

Uhh, LC is a stand-alone mod - it comes in one complete package confused.gif . Any other mods you choose to install are simply add-ons.

SSX-Breaker
  • SSX-Breaker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 August 2006 - 10:19 PM Edited by SSX-Breaker, 25 August 2006 - 10:30 AM.

I heard, that are a lots of errors, or crashes in the installer (or in the game). I have installed the first GTA LC version a year ago. Then, must i use THE LAUNCHER (or something) to make the game realy works.

Now i install the newest (for me) and, i must wait... To see what is going happen.

EDIT: The installer works great, but the game didn't work. mad.gif If i starting the game up, than i choose: NEW GAME. After the load screem, the game is in stat to crash angry.gif *With an error-code. What i must do now?

SSX-Breaker......

XXXmags
  • XXXmags

Dirtier every day..

• Members

Posted 26 August 2006 - 12:53 AM

yeah that happend to me to i got a coding error mad.gif

thytrueone
  • thytrueone

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 August 2006 - 04:08 PM

I was just wondering what is included in the beta 2 verion 4
???? and i had a problem with the missions can you make te characters themselves talk? EG luigi tell u the misiion not by reading the brief afterwoulds?

thanks Sorry if this is in the wrong section of the page?

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 27 August 2006 - 05:02 AM

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, so I'll cover both angles wink.gif . To actually hear the audio, you need to install it. To install it, you need to have GTA3 - whack your CD into your PC, explore it, find the Audio folder, select and copy all and paste it into your LC\audioLC folder.

Alternatively, if you don't have GTA3, you can just turn subtitles on to see what is being said as the cutscene plays - load up LC, go to Options, Display, Subtitles on. smile.gif

gtafreak1990
  • gtafreak1990

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 August 2006 - 08:53 AM

ive downloaded v6 and have the gta3 disc but how do you add the cutscene audio? Please help!

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 29 August 2006 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE (gtafreak1990 @ Aug 29 2006, 10:53)
ive downloaded v6 and have the gta3 disc but how do you add the cutscene audio? Please help!

Uhh... mind reading the post above yours?? notify.gif

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2006 - 04:35 PM Edited by ModelingMan, 28 September 2006 - 09:39 PM.

i installed the files and it appears evrything is installed correctly but when i put the vc play disk in the mouse arrow becomes a cd and stays a apinning disk untill it freezes or i restart my computer. dontgetit.gif dontgetit.gif :sui:plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help!!! cryani.gif

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 01 October 2006 - 10:19 AM

a no disc patch stopped that happening for me

is that warez i have no idea

ThugLord187
  • ThugLord187

Where Am I At?

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 October 2006 - 10:52 AM

that is partially warez but ive seen it in the forums before as a fix, i cant be certain.

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 01 October 2006 - 11:49 AM

If you own a legal copy of the game and only use the crack to fix a problem, it's not warez.

ThugLord187
  • ThugLord187

Where Am I At?

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 October 2006 - 12:49 PM Edited by Ben, 28 February 2007 - 09:53 PM.

thank you for correcting me, problem solved?

EDIT by Ben - It's been 5 months exactly since this topic was last used, so I see no point in leaving it open.

Locked.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users