Posted 27 January 2006 - 11:08 PM

Check out the first post of the FAQ topic

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 January 2006 - 08:10 AM

QUOTE (Arthazzz @ Jan 27 2006, 17:44)
i installed the mod, but it asks me for a vice city cd to be inserted, but its already there, any suggestions?Art.

we were on a roll, i havent seen that question asked since you made that FAQ ben. maybe the font size in the banner isnt large enough for those blind enough not to notice it. yawn.gif

MegaVovaN
  • MegaVovaN

GTA:LC hoster

• Members

Posted 28 January 2006 - 07:04 PM Edited by MegaVovaN, 28 January 2006 - 07:06 PM.

Woot, new host up and running! lc.megavovan.com

New link to latest beta is this:
http://lc.megavovan....b_installer.zip
The old link on first page wont work anymore - it downloads blank file.

I plan on adding old releases too smile.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 29 January 2006 - 12:51 AM

Link updated wink.gif

--Cole--
  • --Cole--

stfu n00b lol

• Members

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (MegaVovaN @ Jan 28 2006, 19:04)

Is this the v6 beta? Or just the old v5 beta?

MegaVovaN
  • MegaVovaN

• Members

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE (--Cole-- @ Jan 30 2006, 14:53)
QUOTE (MegaVovaN @ Jan 28 2006, 19:04)

Is this the v6 beta? Or just the old v5 beta?

It's old v5 beta.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 31 January 2006 - 08:38 AM

Checklist updated to include some stuff tounge.gif - see the first post of this topic for a link to it.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 02 February 2006 - 07:28 AM

Behold - The Complete GTA:LC Collection™!

I've updated the first post with links to all of the old versions of LC - thanks to MegaVovaN for hosting all of these smile.gif.

But, I need a little help on most of the version specific notes - mainly the features of each version. Check out the first post, and if you know of something in the areas I've marked, please just post here and one of the led-bys will fix it up. Thanks guys. cool.gif

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 09 February 2006 - 04:55 PM Edited by Konstantinos, 09 February 2006 - 06:25 PM.

Recently, I got a PM from Craig with a link to his latest v6 setup. Since he said that I was free to post about it, here it is:
Beta2 v6Test3 ~80 MB

The most notable thing is that it containts all or nearly all model fixes from Choofy. There's a known bug with one building in southern Staunton disappearing when you approach it. I haven't tested it yet so I dunno if there are any other issues.

Also, to quote the PM:
And there may be a new package any day now depending on when Choofy sends things back to me. So I'd only recommend downloading it if you're on broadband or you don't want to wait any longer.

So download or don't, it's up to you.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 18 February 2006 - 04:59 AM

I've just updated the checklist, but it's still somewhat incomplete.

Craig, could you please go through and tick off what you added to the last update when you get a chance? There may be some other changes to make as well (eg - progress on COL files, etc.). Thanks smile.gif.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 February 2006 - 03:52 AM

a new test package is out? cool im going to get back into LC real soon. Great job megavovan and ben for those wonderful links biggrin.gif

MegaVovaN
  • MegaVovaN

• Members

Posted 20 February 2006 - 04:27 AM Edited by benisablink182fan, 20 February 2006 - 05:19 AM.

QUOTE (GTA_Thomas @ Feb 19 2006, 21:52)
a new test package is out? cool im going to get back into LC real soon. Great job megavovan and ben for those wonderful links biggrin.gif

Beta2PublicTest-v6test3.rar
Mirrored the beta till v6 release comes smile.gif
And your welcome. Hope you post alot of screenshots wink.gif

EDIT by Ben:
QUOTE (MegaVovaN @ Feb 20 2006, 15:27)
And your welcome

Ditto wink.gif!

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 February 2006 - 02:36 AM

Wow, the new version has so many new changes, i can deffinatly tell choofs fixes, mostly on the stairs. But great release too, sucked that i had to download v5, then the v6test packages. biggrin.gif My screens are going nicely Mega, 40 so far, Portland and Staunten.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 02 March 2006 - 07:20 AM

Craig, when can we expect Test 4? I can download the latest version now (unlimited 256k - woot tounge.gif!), but when Kon posted the link to Test 3, he said you said that a newer version was expected in the coming days. That was a while ago - if you've got another one on the way, then I'll hold off downloading to save some time.

But, if there isn't a new version on the way in the coming weeks, when was the last time you updated the code?

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 02 March 2006 - 10:53 AM

The next version is waiting on when I get the next updates from Choofy. And I may want an installer with the next version to get out the bugs before a major release.

And the code has been updated a bit (as I started getting back into LC coding a few days ago). I completely redid Sayonara Salvatore (for the 412th time suicidal.gif ) and I'm working on getting the bugs out of the car crusher. Nothing's ready yet, but the next update will have a new scm file.

LCSurvivor
  • LCSurvivor

X

• Members

Posted 03 March 2006 - 12:22 AM Edited by LCSurvivor, 03 March 2006 - 12:40 AM.

I'd like to make a suggestion, I don't know if this is the right place to do it, but here goes:

Because I haven't seen many bikes driving around in LC, wouldn't it be a good idea to let the faggios drive around in traffic in Portland, the sanchez and the chopper-style bike in Staunton, and the PCJ's in Shoreside? Kinda like you first get sportscars in Staunton? And the Faggio would blend in well with the sh*tty cars in Portland.

Also, I noted that the only parked bikes were PCJ's. Could the Sanchez's and the Faggio's be parked in other locations of the city? I often have to look long and hard before I can do stunts with Sanchez's...

Just an idea, would anyone want to move this to a more appropriate thread if this is posted wrong?

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 03 March 2006 - 04:58 AM

@Craig - Ok, thanks. I'll just wait. I think an installer would be good too, but CTM hasn't posted any progress as of yet.

@LCSurvivor - Nah, this'll do fine wink.gif.

That's an interesting suggestion - actually, I like it, mostly.

I'd be happy with having the Faggio drive around Portland, but make the other bikes available when you get to Staunton (like it is now).

As for the bikes parked around the city - I haven't paid too much notice, except for in Portland. Perhaps a PCJ parked in Easy Car Autos (near the hidden package, on the other side of the showroom to the Banshee), and alternate between Freeways/Angels and Sanchez's parked around the city (instead of the PCJ's). Then there's a guaranteed PCJ, and at least one guaranteed Sanchez and Freeway/Angel, plus the Faggio's driving around the city - it makes more sense to me smile.gif.

LCSurvivor
  • LCSurvivor

X

• Members

Posted 07 March 2006 - 08:32 PM

I have another suggestion, but maybe it's better for an unofficial mod,

Could itbe possible to give the police force police bikes like they have in SA? Like replacing the angel or the freeway with the police bike and its handling, and then code it to let policemen use it?

Maybe this isn't even possible (what with the lights & sirens) but I think it would be neat if it could be pulled of

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 07 March 2006 - 08:55 PM

We may be able to sort of do that, but I don't think we could ever get them to act like police officers or to have sirens.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 07 March 2006 - 10:27 PM

It could sort of be done I'd imagine (making them act like cops) - replace the Yardies with the Cubans (I think) as Kon suggested, and then use the PIGS for the bikes. It wouldn't work straight up, but it's a bit of head start than starting from scratch if someone wants to look into it.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 08 March 2006 - 07:36 AM

That still wouldn't work right. They'd only shoot at you (while on foot) when you've fired your weapon around them. Plus they wouldn't do anything if you had a wanted level. It's not a bad idea in theory, but I don't think it can be pulled off in an acceptible way.

Oh by the way, I updated the code a little bit today so Demarest can do a 100% test. Now the car crusher code work (mostly) properly. You pass the missions as you should, but it still might tell you to get back in the car while it's being crushed. I'll look into that later if it continues to be an issue. Sayonara Salvatore should also be coded correctly, but it needs a proper path created from (550.5, -417) to (551, -425.75) and out to (567.6875, -425.625) to work. I don't currently know of any other major issues in the code, but feel free to remind me. Because I'm sure there's still some there.

Grab the code here.

The Mothership
  • The Mothership

pissing off mods since 1993 :)

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 March 2006 - 05:09 PM

about the bikes, how come the angel isn't driving or parked anywhere? the way i see it is that ALL bikes should be avalible on portland, as in LCS it was a big biker area, and the likes of a sanchez is more likely to be in the hands of a 12 year old from a poorer background than a buisness man.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 09 March 2006 - 03:57 AM

This isn't LCS though - that was a different time period.

If you stick with this suggestion:
QUOTE (benisablink182fan @ Mar 3 2006, 15:58)
I'd be happy with having the Faggio drive around Portland, but make the other bikes available when you get to Staunton (like it is now).

As for the bikes parked around the city - I haven't paid too much notice, except for in Portland. Perhaps a PCJ parked in Easy Car Autos (near the hidden package, on the other side of the showroom to the Banshee), and alternate between Freeways/Angels and Sanchez's parked around the city (instead of the PCJ's). Then there's a guaranteed PCJ, and at least one guaranteed Sanchez and Freeway/Angel, plus the Faggio's driving around the city - it makes more sense to me smile.gif.

then all bikes are available in Portland, but just not driving around. They all start driving around once you get to Staunton and SSV though (but still not in Portland).

Sure, what you're suggesting is more realistic, but that's not what we're going for.

I think it's set up the way it is at the moment not only to reflect Portland being poorer, but also so that there's more of a reward for getting to Staunton. Craig could tell you for sure though.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 March 2006 - 04:31 AM

I have many different view points on this. I wouldn't mind the Faggio driving around Portland they are poor vehicles btw, but as ben has said "It's not what we're going for". I deffinatly think that the bikes are the best reward for opening staunten up, otherwise its just another city to drive around in...

I have seen a mod floating around on the internet that makes the San Andreas police bikes and police work right in VC. I don't know where atm, try going to some of the most popular Download sites, and I'm almost certain that it's not at GTAGarage.

Sorry I haven't been around much in the LC forum, I have been busy working on a mod with another member for the past month.

The Mothership
  • The Mothership

pissing off mods since 1993 :)

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 March 2006 - 05:21 PM

but ben, three years is nothing. and what about the angel?

i could see:

portland :

faggio

sanchez

freeway

staunton island

pizzaboy

PCJ 600

angel

^suits me fine.

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 09 March 2006 - 07:09 PM Edited by Y_Less, 09 March 2006 - 07:11 PM.

but mothership, the current set up is how it's been for years without contention. and what about the angel?

i could see:

Portland:

As it is now

Staunton

As it is now

Shoreside

As it is now

^suits me fine.

LCSurvivor
  • LCSurvivor

X

• Members

Posted 09 March 2006 - 07:44 PM Edited by LCSurvivor, 09 March 2006 - 08:15 PM.

Have a look at this

The author says he replaced the copcar with one of these. Then could that not be done in LC? I thought there were more police(/emergency) vehicles in Vice than in Liberty, so you could take on of those, change it so it drives around at wanted level 0/1 and get a copper on it

(I don't know how it could be done though, maybe having a look in SA code? Anyways, it's probably too much hard work for what you get... Too bad)

EDIT: Never mind, I reckon if this replace any car, it would never really handle like a bike (lean forward/backwards)

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 10 March 2006 - 06:11 AM

QUOTE (The Mothership @ Mar 10 2006, 04:21)
but ben, three years is nothing.

Not really - look at how different GTA3 and LCS are. I admit I've never played LCS, but you described Portland as a biker area, but in GTA3, this is clearly not the case - fair enough, they didn't have bikes, but there weren't even any guys who looked like bikers. And besides, most bikers hang in groups, which could be classified as a gang, and in Portland, there's no room for them with the Mafia, the Diablos and the Triads. Plus you couldn't write them into the storyline.

It's like Y_Less said, there's never been any contention with this before, and AFAIK, we've never worried about LCS before - this project is purely related to GTA3 and VC.

And the angel - well, my post clearly stated ..."alternate between Freeways/Angels"... - make one a Freeway and one an Angel confused.gif.

However, I don't really like that suggestion anymore - I prefer the current set-up, since having more bikes is like a reward for getting to Staunton. I hardly ever return to Portland after I get to Staunton anyhow - only ever to complete a few missions as required wink.gif.

@LCSurvivor - that's interesting, and I guess that proves it could be done. But it'd still be unofficial wink.gif.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 10 March 2006 - 06:26 AM

I have no objections to activating the Angel. I've actually been meaning to, but never got around to it. And I may change some of the parked PCJs to some of the other bikes. But outside of that, I don't plan on changing the bikes any more.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 10 March 2006 - 06:31 AM

I thought the Angel was already available in-game confused.gif? Must've imagined it.

If that's the case, then I'd like to see it set-up so that you can't get the Angel before Staunton - I guess it doesn't really matter too much about the other bikes. That way, there's still a reward icon14.gif.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users