Photo

Download the mod here

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
449 replies to this topic
Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 03 January 2006 - 05:01 AM Edited by benisablink182fan, 16 April 2006 - 10:32 AM.

CHECKLIST FOR FINAL V6 PACKAGE:
IssueTo Be Addressed ByDone?Does Craig Have A Copy?NotesAdded To Update?
occlu.ipl
spaceeinstein
Yes
Yes
This adds several boxes to Portland, and is only a minor update.
No
Train Update
Choofy
Yes
Yes
spath.dat file link is dead, but as you can see, Craig has a copy.
No
Model Fixes (especially 2dfixes)
Choofy
Yes
Yes
There may be a few minor issues still - testing is being done.
No
Launcher Update
Hammer83, Y_Less
Yes
Yes
The launcher now supports every known version of VC, and replays work as well (sometimes). There are some other features too, but you'll have to download it to see them all.
No
Credits Update (English)
benisablink182fan
Yes
No
This updates the credits played after The Exchange and makes them relevant to LC.
No
Texture Glitch Fix
Konstantinos
Yes
No
This fixes a simple texture glitch (add/replace in the gta3.img file).
No
VC Radio Stations For LC
Konstantinos
Yes
No
Download - alternate american.gxt and fronten2.txd displaying VC radio station names/icons. Option in installer to install these files for those people without GTA3 audio.
No
Launcher Update (2)
Hammer83
No
No
This update will remove irrelevant stats values from LC.
No
ID#s and LOD fixes
Choofy
No
No
Choofy is tweaking with and touching up some of the ID#s and LOD data (this corresponds with his 2d model fixes) - nearly finished.
No
Claude's Animations
AK-73
No
No
AK-73 is changing the running animations of Claude from Tommy's default VC ones to the GTA3 ones - nearly done (final testing in progress).
No
outro.txd
Squiddy
No
No
Squiddy is working on it right now. He is also looking into an EXE hack so that it can multiple screens are shown instead of one (it's too cramped with only one screen).
No
COL Files
Ryan_, [DMA] Blunted, spaceeinstein, Choofy
No
No
Still some issues with collision data. Testing is being done.
No
Official Trainer/Car Spawner
ModelingMan
No
No
Ideas and suggestions wanted - see the trainer topic .
No
Menu Fix
ModelingMan
No
No
This is just a minor fix to make the menu pretty much exactly like GTA3, and to include a trainer menu when ModelingMan completes it.
No
overview.ipl
Choofy
No
No
This fixes the black blotches at the base of the islands when you are on top of a tall building. A good example is to go to the roof of the tall building at the SSV hospital and look across at Staunton.
No
PEDs
Choofy, silver007, Bebop, AK-73
No
No
More PED conversions have been done, but there's still some to do. Also, some of the PEDs already converted may need to be touched up - some definitely look better than others. PED conversion also includes converting the actors in the cutscenes.
No
Some Bugs
-
-
-
I have compiled a full list of bugs in LC for v5b/v6test - the team will work towards removing as many of these as possible for the public release of v6.
No
VC Features
-
-
-
To be added - features determined as a result of recent poll. Those that didn't make the official version are now suggestions for unofficial mods - see this post in the Unofficial Mods topic.
No
A New Installer
CTM
No
No
The new installer will feature the ability to install GTA3 audio from a hard-drive location as well as from your GTA3 CD, and as well as an auto install, will also include a custom or manual install function.
No

This table is fairly self-explanatory and reads as follows:
- The first column states the issue being addressed. If it is purple then it is linked to a post with details about the issue, download links, etc.
- The second column serves 2 main purposes:
1. So you guys know who to thank when all this is done, and
2. So Craig knows who to contact to get a particular update.
- The third column simply indicates whether or not the issue has been solved.
- The fourth column is for Craig to complete: does he have a copy of the update or not?
- The fifth column outlines some extra information on a particular fix. This is helpful for the people involved to make sure they don't forget anything.
- The last column is for Craig to adjust as he physically adds each item to the update package.

IF I'VE FORGOTTEN ANYTHING, PLEASE DON'T HESISTATE TO LET ME KNOW EITHER BY POSTING HERE OR SENDING ME A PM.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 03 January 2006 - 07:44 PM

i think i said a long time ago about the peds needing an update. Maybe if someone has the skills they can give the peds the same skin stretching technique that vice city used. you know, how when the VC actors bend there isnt big gap in their joints like in gta3. i dont know though that may require redoing every ped, i dont know anybody with the knowledge of that anyways.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 07 January 2006 - 02:12 AM Edited by benisablink182fan, 07 January 2006 - 07:56 AM.

Ok, above is the checklist (re-formatted wink.gif !) for what needs to be done for/added to the next update of the v6test package. It is easier to read and follow than the previous list, and gives a clear indication of when things have been completed and potentially how far away an update is. It will be updated regularly, primarily by Craig, since he is compiling all of these updates to formulate a new package. The installer is the last thing on the list because everything else needs to be ticked off first - before the installer is created, all of the updated data will be compiled into a final test package so that any new bugs can hopefully be identified and worked out before the Beta2v6 public release.

Obviously, as things are ticked off, it means that we are moving closer to the public release of v6 - that's the best indication that can be given to people as to when it will be released.

@Thomas - I think that someone like silver or Choofy or another of the PED converters may have the skills to do something like that.

EDIT - Choofy is obviously the star member of the team: look at how much stuff he's involved in! Keep up the good work smile.gif icon14.gif cookie.gif catloaf_by_anuj.gif !

chez06
  • chez06

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2006 - 04:51 PM

what is this for

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 07 January 2006 - 05:33 PM

PC

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 January 2006 - 03:26 AM

QUOTE (chez06 @ Jan 7 2006, 12:51)
what is this for

wow, im sorry if this sounds rude. but if you didn't even bother to read the first page of this topic, the place where you download the mod to begin with, then why the hell would we be bothered to answer such a vaige question. first of all what do you mean by "what is this for"? are you asking if its for PS2, xBox, PC. or are you asking if its for GTA3 VC or SA?

Ah! ben, i finished the bugs list (and got my PC rebuilt)! you might recieve it in an email after i have class tomarrow!

Johny
  • Johny

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 January 2006 - 06:07 PM

I just find your mod and itīs... awesome!!! (I donīt know is this the right place, but still confused.gif ) Everything looks so cool and brings lot of memorys colgate.gif So keep up the good work! And u have great instructions.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 13 January 2006 - 11:56 PM

Thanks - we always like hearing feedback, especially when it's positive wink.gif !

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 January 2006 - 11:39 PM

Wow this mod is super awesome! i love it! inlove.gif The team is really smart and nice too.
i cant even count how many times i have said this ^
thanks for the mod guys!

wahgah
  • wahgah

Lost In Postion

• Members

Posted 15 January 2006 - 07:39 AM

I have used the installer but now instead of the radio stations being a problem it now says it
cannot find city.wav... the installer isn't installing the file, I have downloaded it twice to make
sure I didn't do anything wrong... do I need older installations?

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 15 January 2006 - 07:57 AM

This should be in the help topic, but meh.

City.wav is part of the GTA3 audio - go into your Show Config utility, Advanced, Audio, Verify Paths. For everything that can't be found click Restore. Repeat until all paths are valid - that should fix your problems.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 17 January 2006 - 05:08 AM

Checklist updated - credits ticked off tounge.gif !

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 January 2006 - 05:08 AM

Great job guys, so much completed. there arent a whole lot more on the Checklist (well...). I like this, i havent been around lately but is a v6 release date confirmed yet? rough date? month?

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 20 January 2006 - 07:45 AM Edited by benisablink182fan, 20 January 2006 - 07:59 AM.

RESULTS OF POLL - WHICH VC FEATURES TO INCLUDE IN THE OFFICIAL VERSION OF LC?
FeatureTo Be Included...Notes
The Hunter
One at Phil's Army Barracks after 100 hidden packages, and one near the Triad Fish Factory at Atlantic Quays after 100%
Normal rewards for hidden packages as per GTA3 still in place. Spawn code to "cheat" and get the Hunter earlier to be added to the scm
VC Weapons
As a reward for 100% at hideout
GTA3 weapons at hideout as well. Perhaps a few hidden around the city in hard to reach places
Double Health & Armour
After 100%
As per VC
Minor VC Features
Left as is
No helicopters until SSV is unlocked, windscreens breakable, tyres poppable, motorcycles available throughout the game, etc. Make sure that the rewards from vigilante, paramedic, fire fighter, taxi missions are the same as GTA3
Interiors
As per Craig's discretion wink.gif
A decision won't be made until Craig has seen them in-game. The only interior made at the moment is silver007's Marco's Bistro Interior

The above features are the ones chosen to be included in the official version of LC. Any others will become unofficial mods if people choose to make them. See this post in the Unofficial Mods topic for a full list of suggestions that came about as a result of the poll.

EDIT - Checklist updated to include the VC features in LC and trainer.

dutch_boi1
  • dutch_boi1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 January 2006 - 12:06 PM

hey,

umm i have downloaded and installed this mod and i cant see that much of a difference to gta 3 besides the bikes and the helicopters..i was just wondering where are the helicopters and also couldnt you make the mod edit the gta 3 directory, instead of the vice city directory, and also can you's please make it compatible with the gta 3 save files because i have 2 replay the whole gane angry.gif . so yeh i havent tried the helicopters and yeh, if could take that suggestion and see if it would work it would be awesome. also is there any trainers that work for this?

thankx,

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 22 January 2006 - 02:59 AM

No - check out the FAQ topic.

LC is for VC, not GTA3. It's only possible to have motorbikes and helicopters because of the VC game engine.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 January 2006 - 07:16 AM

QUOTE (dutch_boi1 @ Jan 21 2006, 08:06)
hey,

umm i have downloaded and installed this mod and i cant see that much of a difference to gta 3 besides the bikes and the helicopters..i was just wondering where are the helicopters and also couldnt you make the mod edit the gta 3 directory, instead of the vice city directory, and also can you's please make it compatible with the gta 3 save files because i have 2 replay the whole gane angry.gif . so yeh i havent tried the helicopters and yeh, if could take that suggestion and see if it would work it would be awesome. also is there any trainers that work for this?

thankx,

You can post bad feed-back, but you didn't even take the time to use all of the features and actually know what you downloaded and installed. alot of what you said made no sense and If you read about the mod you would understand what nonesense you are asking. and no, you dont have to replay the whole game. once again the answer to that question is in the FAQ topic, where your question should have gone in the first place. *sigh*... in the faq, is a download for a 100% save game made by konstantinos, you can also find the link to the download in his signature. Or you can turn debug on, which i am sure is also in the faq topic (that thread is really handy, nice job ben). Dont think i said this to be read like i am angry, im not. really.

Samutz
  • Samutz

if ($lol) { die(rofl()); }

• Members

Posted 26 January 2006 - 04:16 AM

bluehydraro.hostnmore.com:
user posted image

So,
http://www.samutz.co...b_installer.zip

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 26 January 2006 - 06:02 AM

Wow. That's a little bit over the limit. Link changed. I hope you didn't have to pay too much money for that.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 January 2006 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE (Samutz @ Jan 26 2006, 00:16)
bluehydraro.hostnmore.com:
user posted image

So,

Holy cow! well uh, ouch. but im glad you can still host it. 81k MBs for one month??? compared to lc's 102 mb, thats not so bad... ok it is.
So,

^ that has to be the shortest post ive seen but some how craig understood what he was saying. thats just strange whatsthat.gif j/k biggrin.gif

Samutz
  • Samutz

• Members

Posted 26 January 2006 - 12:22 PM

It's not the first time. It actually been happeneing for months.

Long story short,
I know the owner of hostnmore and have been getting free hosting for over a year, but me and a freind were getting tired of the long url and a lot of broken/out-of-date stuff and decided to split the bill on a new host. And he never said anything about us goiing over our limit, but he never responded when I asked either, but I wanted to let some slack off of it. The new host has 1.6 TB of a bandwidth a month, so I don't think we'll be getting into trouble anytime soon.
Ok, so maybe not that short.

Btw, Craig, if you need ftp let me know.

linkdk
  • linkdk

NooB Stunter/Coder

• Members

Posted 26 January 2006 - 04:27 PM Edited by ModelingMan, 26 January 2006 - 08:15 PM.

What about to make a big .rar file and so put all GTA LC files in?

So all with installing trouble just can copy all the files over to the GTA VC folder?

Just a ask.. couse i also have installing trouble sarcasm.gif

And Where the f*ck is the replay button ?!?!?!

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 26 January 2006 - 08:18 PM

You'd better ask "Where the f*ck is the edit button ?!?!?!"
It's in the upper right corner of every post. Next time use it instead of double posting.

To answer your question with a quote from the "Bugs, glitches and incompletes" thread:
-At the moment the "Replay" feature does not work, the team has no idea why and it might never work

linkdk
  • linkdk

NooB Stunter/Coder

• Members

Posted 26 January 2006 - 08:21 PM Edited by benisablink182fan, 26 January 2006 - 09:20 PM.

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ Jan 26 2006, 20:18)
You'd better ask "Where the f*ck is the edit button ?!?!?!"
It's in the upper right corner of every post. Next time use it instead of double posting.

To answer your question with a quote from the "Bugs, glitches and incompletes" thread:
-At the moment the "Replay" feature does not work, the team has no idea why and it might never work

Sry

Posts combined - again mad.gif

but what about all us stunters?

can i download a old version or something

EDIT by Ben - "Sry"? And then you turn around and do it again. Go back and read the rules this time, and then take some advice from fellow members. Do it again and I'll see to it that someone beats you with the warning stick devil.gif .

Now, to answer your question - you can download a stripped scm from here and try it, or you can download Beta1 - there are links here .

And to answer your original question - hopefully the v6 installer will have a manual and auto install, so you can choose. If you want to manually install v5b, check out the first post of the FAQ topic .

MegaVovaN
  • MegaVovaN

GTA:LC hoster

• Members

Posted 26 January 2006 - 09:23 PM

Hey guys, I ditched my old host (too slow mysql db's). [LOL! Account suspended but file is still downloadable tounge.gif ]

Now In a few days I'll get myself a Yahoo Hosting with 5 gb space and 200gb/month transfer. Then it will take 3 more days to update all DNS servers in the world so that megavovan.com points to the IP of new hosting.
I'm not scared by 200gb/month, because in busiest months on old host traffic never went over 110 gb (and that's including my other transfers, not just GTA:LC). Also, since I don't think I'll use these 5 gb, I can host old versions of mod for stunters or ppl who have a problem with new version. If someone has archive of old releases, please let me know.

Samutz - ever heard of "leechers" ? All these small sites who steal your links. Users watch their banners and use your traffic, without even knowing YOU are generous enough to host a mod. So, I did this: the file is downloadable from my host only if the refferer is either blank or has gtaforums.com in it. If you wanna reduce your traffic usage, do this.

P.S. Let me know if anyone had bad experiences with Yahoo hosting.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 26 January 2006 - 09:23 PM Edited by benisablink182fan, 26 January 2006 - 09:26 PM.

@linkdk - read the edit of your last (actually second last since you double posted again) post before posting again. Here's a link to that post for you.

EDIT - @MegaVovaN:
Look through the forum - there's old topics that are now locked that will have old releases and updates on the first page. Hope that helps out a bit wink.gif .

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:39 PM

ftp.y-less.com

Every old version is hosted there (except v5 and 6 as I don't have ftp access where I am for a bit).

Samutz
  • Samutz

• Members

Posted 27 January 2006 - 03:36 AM

QUOTE (MegaVovaN @ Jan 26 2006, 16:23)
Samutz - ever heard of "leechers" ? All these small sites who steal your links. Users watch their banners and use your traffic, without even knowing YOU are generous enough to host a mod. So, I did this: the file is downloadable from my host only if the refferer is either blank or has gtaforums.com in it. If you wanna reduce your traffic usage, do this.

I watch my logs every month and havent had enough leechers to cause alarm. Besides I'm not shelling out several hundred dollars for LC alone. It's not my sole bandwidth usage. I have several other hosted sites and other hosted files for friends (all unrelated to gtaforums, except UnD, and I'm not talking about the other 3 listed on my main page either).

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 27 January 2006 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (Samutz @ Jan 27 2006, 03:36)
QUOTE (MegaVovaN @ Jan 26 2006, 16:23)

I watch my logs every month and havent had enough leechers to cause alarm. Besides I'm not shelling out several hundred dollars for LC alone. It's not my sole bandwidth usage. I have several other hosted sites and other hosted files for friends (all unrelated to gtaforums, except UnD, and I'm not talking about the other 3 listed on my main page either).

I only once ran out of bandwidth for LC, do I just transferred my hosting to ftp which doesn't count for bandwidth usage for some reason.

Arthazzz
  • Arthazzz

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 January 2006 - 09:44 PM

i installed the mod, but it asks me for a vice city cd to be inserted, but its already there, any suggestions? Art.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users