Photo

Download the mod here

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
449 replies to this topic
Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 18 July 2005 - 07:34 AM Edited by Ben, 15 July 2006 - 01:08 AM.

Version 6 of the Beta 2 package has been released officially. Download from here:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version 5b of the beta 2 package has been released with an installer (Updated July 17, 2005)

DOWNLOAD LINKS

Link 1 Thanks, MegaVovaN
Link 2 Thanks, Samutz
Link 3 Thanks, Barnaby
Link 4 Thanks, Dalpura

DIRECTIONS FOR INSTALLING THE MOD

The first thing you want to do is make a new copy of Vice City. If you have any previous versions of LC installed, then this step is most likely done. But if this is your first time installing this, you should copy the entire Vice City directory and rename it to Liberty City. If you do not do this step then you will not be able to play Vice City without having to reinstall it. Also, you may have to have a full install of Vice City (all radio stations on the hard drive) for this mod to work.

Once that's done, run the GTA:LC installer. If you have the GTA3 Play CD get that ready as some audio files will be copied to your LC folder. If you do not have the GTA3 CD, a minimal set of audio files are included in the download package. If you install audio, the process takes about 10-15 minutes to finish.

After the mod is installed, run the gta-lc.exe file to begin the game.

KNOWN ISSUES

This mod currently will not work if your gta-vc.exe file is from the German or Australian versions.
There are bugs in a few missions yet (Sayonara Salvatore is most obvious and Bullion Run is completely skipped right now)
Not all of the peds are converted and some of the converted peds are in progress versions.

Please let us know if you have any problems. Just remember to be specific when describing your issue. It's easy to fix the problem if we know more information.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE COMPLETE GTA: LIBERTY CITY COLLECTION™

Alrighty then, the much anticipated re-release of the old classics! That's right - you can now get each version of GTA:LC to muck around with (see the notes for the specifics of each version). Enjoy - thanks heaps to MegaVovaN for hosting these smile.gif .

VersionSizeNotes
Beta1
62.57 MB
  • Map and some vehicles converted
  • Marty Chonks missions available
  • Replay function available
Beta2 v1
79.15 MB
  • Little help please!
Beta2 v2
5.58 MB
  • Main.scm update - new missions available
  • Little help please!
Beta2 v3
87.93 MB
  • Little help please!
Beta2 v4
89.41 MB
  • Little help please

PresidentKiller
  • PresidentKiller

Anger Manager

• The Connection
  • Mexico

Posted 18 July 2005 - 08:32 AM

I have a problem with the Installer. It just gets stuck in "Decompressing the files" or something... I tried disabling my antivirus software and it still doesn't work... confused.gif

::Khaveen::
  • ::Khaveen::

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 July 2005 - 08:36 AM

Yeah, the installer's UI is very slow; just wait and it will finish installing.

Though I had to run the setup program twice to finish installing.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 18 July 2005 - 08:42 AM

Each time that I've run the setup with installing the audio files it took at least 10 minutes (and maybe even as long as 20). But it did finish every time. If it's held up for a half hour (or longer) then there may be an issue. Is your GTA3 CD scratched at all? I don't know if that's the issue or not though. Can you think of anything in your setup that is possibly different from the majority of the other setups?

Denny8303
  • Denny8303

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 July 2005 - 08:43 AM

Do we have to re-download v5b if we already got v5? I wouldn't mind normally if there was a patch but it took 10 hours to download v5 with my modem.

Either way it's cool, just wondering if there was an update available.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 18 July 2005 - 08:46 AM

There is an update available (only 880 KB) to update from v5a to fix the radio glitch. You can find the update link in the torrents section or here.

PresidentKiller
  • PresidentKiller

Anger Manager

• The Connection
  • Mexico

Posted 18 July 2005 - 08:58 AM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Jul 18 2005, 03:42)
Each time that I've run the setup with installing the audio files it took at least 10 minutes (and maybe even as long as 20). But it did finish every time. If it's held up for a half hour (or longer) then there may be an issue. Is your GTA3 CD scratched at all? I don't know if that's the issue or not though. Can you think of anything in your setup that is possibly different from the majority of the other setups?

I left the setup running and then got down to the kitchen to have dinner... I got back 45 minutes later and it was still stuck in "decompressing files"... confused.gif

My GTA3 CD is fine, not scratched at all. The only thing that would be different on my system would be the OS language (Spanish) but that's it.

Ministry
  • Ministry

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 July 2005 - 09:23 AM

Craig, I havenít downloaded it yet. I see there is a problem with decompressing. Downloading would take me a few days.
It there a link to the last version but not installer, just .rar as before. So I can be sure it will not freeze and my downloading wonít be in vain.

Maybe I can choose the option to install without audio files and then copy them manually from gta3 CD. Perhaps in this case it won't freeze during decompressing. What do you think?

By the way. Someone asked about possible version of Liberty City made of San Andreas engine. I can't see the sense. Your creation looks better.

DominionSpy
  • DominionSpy

Man with a plan!

• Members

Posted 18 July 2005 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (PresidentKiller @ Jul 18 2005, 08:58)
QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Jul 18 2005, 03:42)

I left the setup running and then got down to the kitchen to have dinner... I got back 45 minutes later and it was still stuck in "decompressing files"... confused.gif

My GTA3 CD is fine, not scratched at all. The only thing that would be different on my system would be the OS language (Spanish) but that's it.

I have the same problem - the installer is getting stuck at the decompressing stage.
It has been using 95%+ of my cpu for an hour and a half now.

CTM
  • CTM

A ringing phone has to be answered, doesn't it?

• Members

Posted 18 July 2005 - 07:55 PM

To the people having problems with the installer hanging at "decompressing archive", a couple of questions:

(1) Which version of Windows are you using?
(2a) If using WinME or below, press Ctrl+Alt+Del - is there a process running named "7z"?
(2b) If using Win2k, WinXP or above, press Ctrl+Alt+Del and click the "Processes" tab - is there a process running (in the list) named "7z.exe"? If so, how much of the CPU resources (%) is it using?

Gui-59
  • Gui-59

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 July 2005 - 08:40 AM

Excuse me,

I had no problem with the installer and the game seems to work right.

But, I have a question. Have you made an anti-virus scan of the archive ? Because it bring me a virus when i've installed it. Fortunately, my anti-virus find it and delete it.

So, if you haven't scan the archive yet, I advise you to do it .

Thanks wink.gif

DominionSpy
  • DominionSpy

Man with a plan!

• Members

Posted 19 July 2005 - 10:09 AM

QUOTE (CTM @ Jul 18 2005, 19:55)
To the people having problems with the installer hanging at "decompressing archive", a couple of questions:

(1) Which version of Windows are you using?
(2a) If using WinME or below, press Ctrl+Alt+Del - is there a process running named "7z"?
(2b) If using Win2k, WinXP or above, press Ctrl+Alt+Del and click the "Processes" tab - is there a process running (in the list) named "7z.exe"? If so, how much of the CPU resources (%) is it using?

(1) WinXP Professional
(2a) The process 7z.exe briefly appears on the list just before the "freeze" and then disappears.It uses about 2% CPU.

This is what happens:
- after I start the installation its memory usage goes up to about 220M and the CPU usage is about 25%.
- 7z.exe pops up on the list and then disappears.
- straight after the installer memory goes down to about 120M and the CPU usage jumps to around 95%, this continues for as long as I have it open.

If there's anything else you need to know, just ask.

KoLSPD2
  • KoLSPD2

The Lurker

• Members

Posted 19 July 2005 - 03:41 PM

Craig: "Waka-Gashira Wipeout!" still crashes for some, and I have quite a few bugs to report (mostly pedestrian models)

-mod_man (HMYRI) has a stuck neck, and when he sees somebody, part of his head stays put.
-mod_wom (HFYST) is fractured, and her bones doesn't even match with the correct ones.
-cas_wom (WFYBE) has arms that are stuck, and it was placed higher than normal.

Sound: Gangs and police use the incorrect sounds (I know the exact positions are hardcoded). Some ped dialogue is still from VC, but that's least of the worries. "There's a 10-9 in South Liberty City"

btw, I have the GTA3 radio stations working properly on this, which is very good news to many modders. I'll experiment with this later on today.

Baptistskeet
  • Baptistskeet

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 July 2005 - 07:27 PM Edited by Baptistskeet, 20 July 2005 - 03:09 AM.

XCXCXC

PresidentKiller
  • PresidentKiller

Anger Manager

• The Connection
  • Mexico

Posted 19 July 2005 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (DominionSpy @ Jul 19 2005, 05:09)
This is what happens:
- after I start the installation its memory usage goes up to about 220M and the CPU usage is about 25%.
- straight after the installer memory goes down to about 120M and the CPU usage jumps to around 95%, this continues for as long as I have it open.

That's the exact same thing that happens on my comp. I've got Windows XP Professional SP2.

CTM
  • CTM

• Members

Posted 19 July 2005 - 08:37 PM

Okay, I think I know what the problem is. Unfortunately it involves the way that I spawn 7z.exe to decompress the archive, so you can't use the installer until the next release. Fortunately, there is a way to get the installation files without redownloading everything:
  • Run the installer until it freezes
  • Click "Start", "Run" and type %temp% - then press Enter
  • In a folder beginning with pdk- , there should be a file named "gtalc_setup.7z" (if you can't find it, search the directory for it and it'll appear). Copy this file to some other place on your hard drive (e.g. your Desktop)
  • Close the installer using Ctrl+Alt+Del -> "End Task". The original gtalc_setup.7z will be deleted
  • Open gtalc_setup.7z in the new location using WinRAR or similar decompression software, or use 7-Zip
  • The files that you will see are essentially the files that are copied across in the installation process.

Gui-59: I can guarantee that there is no virus contained in my installer. Your anti-virus software must have produced a false-positive; it may have something to do with the fact that my program self-extracts and runs other programs in the background to perform the installation. Sorry about the inconvenience though.

PresidentKiller
  • PresidentKiller

Anger Manager

• The Connection
  • Mexico

Posted 19 July 2005 - 08:42 PM

Thanks for the work-around CTM but I have a question. Do I have to perform a "manual" installation just like in the "old days" or there's a Setup.exe or something like that after extracting the files?

DominionSpy
  • DominionSpy

Man with a plan!

• Members

Posted 19 July 2005 - 09:44 PM

@ CTM: I've done that and copied the files/folders to my Liberty City folder.
However, now when I try to run it I get the message "Please insert your Vice City Play CD..."
I've never had this message with Liberty City before.
I don't know if this is useful but it is using drive letter G and there is another drive in F.

wijiwang
  • wijiwang

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 July 2005 - 12:46 AM Edited by wijiwang, 20 July 2005 - 09:19 PM.

Lithjoe's vice trainer doesn't seem to work anymore. Other than that, everything else seems to be working just fine. The cinematics looks great. I'll play through the missions that are done and see if there are any bugs.

Replicators
  • Replicators

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 July 2005 - 02:44 AM

I think i will wait to download this when it is officially complete.I want to play it bugless and flawless.I see it is gonna be very soon though.

ed209
  • ed209

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 20 July 2005 - 03:42 AM

PresidentKiller @ Posted on Jul 19 2005, 19:40

QUOTE (DominionSpy @ Jul 19 2005, 05:09)
This is what happens:

That's the exact same thing that happens on my comp. I've got Windows XP Professional SP2.

I had the same problem. Tried 3 times, but 3 hours to install a mod is way too long. I tried CTM's workaround. After getting requests for the CD, I copied all the GTAIII audio files from the Play CD into the audioLC folder. My guess worked out, and now I get to play a spiffy updated GTA: Liberty City.

Thanks for all your hard work, to everyone who has contributed to the mod. I truly appreciate it.

Hammer83
  • Hammer83

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 July 2005 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (Replicators @ Jul 19 2005, 21:44)
I think i will wait to download this when it is officially complete.I want to play it bugless and flawless.I see it is gonna be very soon though.

I don't want to sound negative or pessimistic, but I don't think it will be that soon.

***GTA***
  • ***GTA***

GTAuthority

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 July 2005 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE (Hammer83 @ Jul 20 2005, 17:16)
QUOTE (Replicators @ Jul 19 2005, 21:44)

I don't want to sound negative or pessimistic, but I don't think it will be that soon.

When do you think it will be released?

PS
How do you get those yellow stars below you icon? confused.gif

thomaslob
  • thomaslob

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 July 2005 - 07:09 PM

Hi,
I installed the mod manual and after that I wanted to start it, but when i open the gta_lc.exe a messace aperad that says i schould insert Vice city cd2 but the cd is insert!When i open gta_vc.exe that messace doesn't aper but when i click Start new game it crashes to desktop !

Can somebody help me ??
(Sorry for my bad english)

MFG Thomas

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 21 July 2005 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (thomaslob @ Jul 21 2005, 14:09)
Hi,
I installed the mod manual and after that I wanted to start it, but when i open the gta_lc.exe a messace aperad that says i schould insert Vice city cd2 but the cd is insert!When i open gta_vc.exe that messace doesn't aper but when i click Start new game it crashes to desktop !

Can somebody help me ??
(Sorry for my bad english)

MFG Thomas

That error is caused by misplaced audio files. Try downloading the installer (linked in the first post of this thread). That automates the entire process and you shouldn't get that error when it's done.

YeOldePube
  • YeOldePube

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 July 2005 - 12:46 AM

Just after decompressing installation archive it gives me the error 'flock() unimplemented at platform perl/app/' or something like that then it freezes on the gta3.asi install screen.

Cheers

Steve

CTM
  • CTM

• Members

Posted 22 July 2005 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE (YeOldePube @ Jul 22 2005, 01:46)
Just after decompressing installation archive it gives me the error 'flock() unimplemented at platform perl/app/' or something like that then it freezes on the gta3.asi install screen.

Cheers

Steve

What version of Windows are you using the installer on?

Glad to see the workaround worked for people, I'll document that officially. I'll also make it much easier to get to the archive in the next release of the installer.

DominionSpy
  • DominionSpy

Man with a plan!

• Members

Posted 22 July 2005 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (CTM @ Jul 22 2005, 17:30)
Glad to see the workaround worked for people, I'll document that officially. I'll also make it much easier to get to the archive in the next release of the installer.

It hasn't worked for me as I said before:

QUOTE (DominionSpy @ Jul 19 2005, 21:44)
However, now when I try to run it I get the message "Please insert your Vice City Play CD..."
I don't know if this is useful but it is using drive letter G and there is another drive in F.

Additionally, I installed the files on a previously working copy of Liberty City, which is an un-patched version of Vice City (neither 1.1 nor no-cd).

I also did a little poking around the memory while it was stuck on that message.
Where there used to be the path of the CD drive (at &9B4590), there is now nothing. I would assume this was part of the fix for the radio bug, but this may also have other side effects (maybe including my problem?).

CTM
  • CTM

• Members

Posted 22 July 2005 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (DominionSpy @ Jul 22 2005, 19:00)
QUOTE (CTM @ Jul 22 2005, 17:30)

It hasn't worked for me as I said before:

QUOTE (DominionSpy @ Jul 19 2005, 21:44)

Additionally, I installed the files on a previously working copy of Liberty City, which is an un-patched version of Vice City (neither 1.1 nor no-cd).

I also did a little poking around the memory while it was stuck on that message.
Where there used to be the path of the CD drive (at &9B4590), there is now nothing. I would assume this was part of the fix for the radio bug, but this may also have other side effects (maybe including my problem?).

Did you copy over the audio files from the CD into the audioLC directory? (I think Craig suggested that earlier, a lack of audio files definitely causes that problem.)

bj070893
  • bj070893

Meep

• Members

Posted 22 July 2005 - 10:58 PM

I'd just like to say, great job, and thanks. smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users