Photo

[REL|SA] Boeing 747-400

68 replies to this topic
Casey_
  • Casey_

womp...womp...womp

• Members

Posted 21 July 2005 - 06:57 AM

oyy dude could u make a air new zeland skin for the plane , that would be hardout

[DRuG]NikT
  • [DRuG]NikT

DRuG Baron

• Members

Posted 22 July 2005 - 08:02 AM

yup... will be making a paintkit and a better UV mapped version of the dff over the next few days.

DigitallyInsane^
  • DigitallyInsane^

Simplicity Advanced.

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 July 2005 - 11:56 AM

An Air New Zealand skin would be awesome, I've already made New Zealand "Euro Style" personalised plates for a couple of my custom cars in SA....

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2005 - 03:40 PM

hehe I'm more of a GA person meself, on FS2004 anyway. Got a C152 add-on pack for it, its almost like my flying lessons now biggrin.gif . I do like a bit of military stuff though smile.gif . Flying airliners in FS2004 gets boring, unless you like trying aerobatics smile.gif f*cking post wrappers!

swmand4
  • swmand4

Claims not to be chopped liver

• Members

Posted 23 July 2005 - 08:09 PM Edited by swmand4, 23 July 2005 - 08:14 PM.

With my limited Photoshop knowledge, this is what I was able to do:

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

I'm sure there's a lot that can be done to make it better, but since it looks like better textures are already in the works, this is fine for now...

Marsu
  • Marsu

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 July 2005 - 09:04 PM

And you did a fine job!

beaumont911
  • beaumont911

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 July 2005 - 03:58 AM

I love it! If you do make a full scale one, where will it be situated s no current airport could hold it.

And I'd love another QANTAS skin wink.gif

[DRuG]NikT
  • [DRuG]NikT

DRuG Baron

• Members

Posted 24 July 2005 - 01:08 PM

well I have it most of the way there - the next skin is all white but with the windows etc detailed... I have remapped it so the left and right are in separate 1024x1024 images, so both sides will allow writing without any mirroring problems.

I have held off on release until it's better fine tuned... I want the next release to be like a final.. and yes, I'm doing a Qantas skin 8)

Knight Of Ni
  • Knight Of Ni

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 July 2005 - 01:30 AM

question - what exactly is the 'working elevator'?

swmand4
  • swmand4

• Members

Posted 25 July 2005 - 03:40 AM

The part that moves when the plane ascends - part of the things that look like the wings but much smaller and at the back.

This part, I believe:
user posted image

[DRuG]NikT
  • [DRuG]NikT

DRuG Baron

• Members

Posted 25 July 2005 - 03:46 AM

Aircraft mainly have 3 controlling surfaces...

1. Ailerons on the front wings to assist in turning (these are omitted on the 747 until animations are editable in San andreas, as their angles differ too much in aircraft types),
2. A Rudder is located on the vertical stabiliser to asssist the ailerons in turning (there is one of these in the 747 model that works), and
3. Elevators are situated on the rear horizontal stabilisers, to assist in liftoff and the vertical pitching of the aircraft (these are included in the 747 model).

One could also, perhaps, consider the fact that when you enter the aircraft from the ground, and magically appear in the cockpit, as a 'working elevator', though this wasn't essentially what I was getting at. sigh.gif

[DRuG]NikT
  • [DRuG]NikT

DRuG Baron

• Members

Posted 26 July 2005 - 12:10 AM

I've edited the first post to include much the same as this one, as I assume a lot following this thread for updates won't expect to see the first post change.... so here goes:

**UPDATED**

This mod replaces the AT400 in GTA San Andreas with a 747-400 in DRuG Transit livery, and now a neater UV mapped Qantas texture that allows writing on both sides, using separate images in the txd for left and right.

The model was taken from exchange3d, but sadly there is no record of the original author.

It is available in 3ds format at this link.

You will note the texturing is improved but still rough - I will spend more time on textures once I have a few models in and my skills in turn improve. The skin is taken from one I made for flight sim 2004.

I may do a refined version down the track including animations for the ailerons, assuming I can find a tool to edit them in San An - can anyone help me with this.. Steve?

user posted image ph34r.gif user posted image
DOWNLOAD (Qantas version) ph34r.gif DOWNLOAD (old version)

beaumont911
  • beaumont911

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 July 2005 - 06:33 AM

Wow, the QANTAS skin is nice... keep up the good work wink.gif

rabbit123
  • rabbit123

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 July 2005 - 04:19 AM

Hmm I cant seem to enter the at400/boeing now that I changed the skin to the quantas one and it doesnt fit in the hangar either. Otherwise - lovely smile.gif

swmand4
  • swmand4

• Members

Posted 28 July 2005 - 07:33 AM Edited by swmand4, 28 July 2005 - 08:29 AM.

Only thing I can find wrong with it is that every time it flies over head, it looks like the AT-400 and the textures are messed up.

user posted image

When I zoomed in (I was using the in-game camera) it looked right
user posted image

Imported the dff into 3DS Max and it looks like the low-poly model is still the AT-400. You may want to change that in future releases. (If I understand the models right, the game switches to the low-poly model when the player gets a certain distance away from the vehicle - which would explain why the plane looks right when flying it and near it, but looks wrong when flying overhead.)

RM2K3kid
  • RM2K3kid

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 July 2005 - 02:44 PM

Nice work on the boeing! Great to see your doing qantas skins as well. smile.gif

[DRuG]NikT
  • [DRuG]NikT

DRuG Baron

• Members

Posted 30 July 2005 - 03:16 PM

Thanks for the positive feedback...

rabbit123: you need to change the dff and the txd with the qantas release.. both files have been updated.

The entry point for the plane is now on the ground, so if you're up top of that ramp in the shed, just get down on the ground and give the plane a bit of a nudge back by running & pushing it backwards... sorry I put the dummies there, but moving them around was producing unpredictable results.. I seem to have gotten around that with my newer models I've worked on since.

swmand4: yes, long term I will do an optimise on the meshes & import them as distance objects, along with tuning dummy locations and so on.. but at this stage I'm just plowing on learning what I can while trying to get as many models out there as I can such that I can choose which ones I want to refine most. I guess this means the quality of my releases will be criticized by some, but I guess that's their perogative... I'de rather the general shape of things was formed first.... then the interesting bits refined... kinda like LOD models eh?

RM2K3kid: 8) I am a bit partial to the Qantas, being an Aussie, but plan to do a few other skins long term, and package them with some I find from here and other modding forums. I guess what I'm saying, is stay chooned for revision 2 8)

Trixleh
  • Trixleh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 July 2005 - 06:52 AM

holy sh*t, this is awesome, nice work again nikt

[Delta ēk5]
  • [Delta ēk5]

Rotorhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2005 - 10:42 AM

first: good Aircraft, but it need work I think...

It need a .coll - File, but this isn't possible at this time. Also it need a door and Lights...
The Landing Gear can't be better in SA, I know...

whatever, the Plane looks good this time sigh.gif

erm, I also has a question... blush.gif

@ the Webside you've found the 747.... was there a Boeing 717 or 737 (- 300 to - 800) and can you make one... ?

I think that one of them would be a good replacement for the at400 (the 747 ist a little... too big [I replaced the Andromeda])

If someone would like to make the 717-200 from scratch, I found a great BP @ Suurland:

http://www.suurland....717.gif&id=4518

thx

mfg.

[DRuG]NikT
  • [DRuG]NikT

DRuG Baron

• Members

Posted 01 August 2005 - 01:44 AM Edited by [DRuG]NikT, 01 August 2005 - 03:33 PM.

Delta: The .col file has been kept relatively stock standard at this stage until we can edit San Andreas base cols - the only vice/3 format .col file remaining in san andreas is an airtrain.col in vehicles.col. They are now stored within the model, and to my knowledge, cannot be edited at this stage.... so the workaround has been to tag the exported dff to a col file of your choosing (at this stage, we only have the choice of vice/3 cols, or san's airtrain) - I have used the airtrain, then edited it somewhat, such that the wings and tail don't collide - this way not only can it fit in the shed properly, but it can be landed in the street.

In a future release, tools providing, I will be offering a full scale one, corrected col files, paintkits, livery packs, the works... but at this stage, I am releasing my progress, such that people can get modding, and I can decide which models I want to work more on.

As for the doors and lights, not with this model... it is a very low poly version, and certainly won't be my only passenger airliner release. When I find a model with appropriate parts to tie animations to, we will have ourselves a more flight-sim styled plane... but until then, this will have to do (same goes for landing gear).

The other models on that site you refer to were all so unrealistic in comparison to a real 717, I have skipped them at this stage. I work as a texturer for a commercial flight sim mods company... I will be trying to get permission to do some conversions of their models for San, which would give us all the planes we need, but that's all pipe dreams at this stage... I'll keep you posted in this thread.

Edit: This link is to a screenshot of a wip of a texture I'm doing of PSW's 717 for flight sim.. as you can see, only minimal writing at this stage as I haven't got access to the models such that I can properly map them. Hopefully I should be able to get the approval to convert them too..

JetStar717 for flight sim 2004

rabbit123
  • rabbit123

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 August 2005 - 10:02 AM

Cool job.

[Delta ēk5]
  • [Delta ēk5]

Rotorhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2005 - 09:52 PM

cool, THX...

This isn't the only Model of an 717 - 200 for FS2002/4... there are also one Model from Eric Cantu (SGA) and Jetcity (The Last Aircraft they made... before all Models was payware)

you can try to ask Eric Cantu... search for SAG and / or Eric Cantu @ Avsim... you will find the great 717 wink.gif

btw. you forgott the Winglets @ your 747-400 tounge2.gif hehehe

greetz biggrin.gif

[DRuG]NikT
  • [DRuG]NikT

DRuG Baron

• Members

Posted 02 August 2005 - 02:21 AM

Hi!

I guess I could ask the other companies.... it's just, working for PSW, I worry they will be more interested in why one of their "competitors" wants access to their model files.

Unlike GTA, the mdl format used in flight sim (as far as I understand) cannot be exported from, thus, model makers are used to a lot more insulation from the modding community. When somebody requests access to their models, therefore, they are a lot less welcomed. I will be looking into this further, however, I felt it best I keep you up to date with the situation as I understand it.

Weird that flight sim modellers seem to go payware after creation of a 717 - that's when PSW started on their payware too. whatsthat.gif

NikT

NathanHenry
  • NathanHenry

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 02 August 2005 - 10:37 AM

I know that the mod has the Delta plane got its name changed from AT-400 to Delta something I forgot haven't played with the plane for a while anyway how did you change the name of the AT-400 in the american.gxt in GTA San Andreas.

[DRuG]NikT
  • [DRuG]NikT

DRuG Baron

• Members

Posted 02 August 2005 - 10:57 AM

The Delta you refer to was a repaint this model... unfortunately with no credit given to me, who set it up for san andreas, or the original modeller.

The qantas release, on the other hand, is an updated version which allows writing on both sides without it going back-der-front on the other side. I would recommend getting the Qantas if you have not yet seen it... the texture has also been updated with an increase in detail.

NathanHenry
  • NathanHenry

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 02 August 2005 - 11:27 AM

I kind of meant the font you know the car name in that green stick lettering that appears when you get inside a vehicle how did you edit the GTA San Andreas american.gxt file to get it to show up your Delta something name instead of the AT-400 name.

[DRuG]NikT
  • [DRuG]NikT

DRuG Baron

• Members

Posted 02 August 2005 - 12:03 PM

I encourage you to read my last post again, perhaps more carefully... as I explained... the delta was not a skin I created... someone else skinned this model, and called it a delta....

I didn't edit my plane's gxt, since I personally, see it as a bit of a waste of time.

NathanHenry
  • NathanHenry

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 02 August 2005 - 12:55 PM

No I mean the car name that appears when you enter the vehicle when you enter your modded AT-400 plane it says Delta 747 Commercial Jet in the green text instead of AT-400. How did you get the green text to say Delta 747 Commercial Jet instead of AT-400.

[DRuG]NikT
  • [DRuG]NikT

DRuG Baron

• Members

Posted 02 August 2005 - 01:19 PM

lolz... I think you're missing the point dude...

I didn't edit the gxt for the Delta plane coz I didn't release the Delta plane...

The delta plane was a re-skin of my plane, with a few other edits (eg. the gxt mod) rolled into the zip.. If you need help on a plane released by someone else, I'd suggest the best course of action is to ask them.

At any rate, I believe there is a .gxt editor out there, though I'm not sure if there's one that works with San Andreas. Sorry I can't offer you any further directions, but the names it displays have never really been of interest to me, I never even look at them.

Perhaps try using gtanet's search tool to answer the question - or google? Modding gta is very well documented, especially on here.

adam schiller
  • adam schiller

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 August 2005 - 02:04 PM

Hey im dumb lol does this mod replace the andromeda plane and can you fly it or does they game fly it for you to the next city??? thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users