Photo

Then and Now

141 replies to this topic
GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 22 September 2005 - 01:45 AM

QUOTE (da gta master @ Sep 22 2005, 01:52)
QUOTE (LuigiBrotha @ Sep 21 2005, 06:19)
I kinda made a topic just like this one. I did this because ... These pics aren't very clear.

Stop trying to hijack my topic , THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

ANYWAY, I will be replacing the PS2 screens with PC screens as soon as I know how to turn off the radar and health armour stuff. Peace out little dudes.

Options>Display>

HUD=Off
Map=Off

da gta master
  • da gta master

Pocoyo rocks! Oh yes.

• Members

Posted 22 September 2005 - 02:36 PM

Thats whats someone else suggested biggrin.gif . In GTA3 those options arent available sad.gif

LuigiBrotha
  • LuigiBrotha

Part time skinner

• Members

Posted 22 September 2005 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (da gta master @ Sep 21 2005, 16:22)
QUOTE (LuigiBrotha @ Sep 21 2005, 06:19)
I kinda made a topic just like this one. I did this because ... These pics aren't very clear.

Stop trying to hijack my topic , THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

ANYWAY, I will be replacing the PS2 screens with PC screens as soon as I know how to turn off the radar and health armour stuff. Peace out little dudes.

I am not trying to hijack it. Look at your pics. Now don't try to be prejudgded. Look at your pics. They aren't to bad but you can never get the same quality on tv as on a pc monitor. Besides you can't see my HUD. Also I can take pics from every angle because Map Viewer has nothing that can stop you from looking in a certain angle. But this topic is also good because my big 1024*768 pics are hard to load. Even with 512 kb/s. So your thing is internet friendlier. And you also got peds walking around and cars driving around. So your thing is handy. But for people who have high speed internet connection I would suggest using my topic.

da gta master
  • da gta master

Pocoyo rocks! Oh yes.

• Members

Posted 22 September 2005 - 04:45 PM

I wouldnt have said you were hijacking my topic, its just the simple fact that you posted a link to your topic with better quality pictures. Some people would see this as thread hijacking, and im one of them. But dont worry, I dont hate you or anything smile.gif .

LuigiBrotha
  • LuigiBrotha

Part time skinner

• Members

Posted 22 September 2005 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (da gta master @ Sep 22 2005, 16:45)
I wouldnt have said you were hijacking my topic, its just the simple fact that you posted a link to your topic with better quality pictures. Some people would see this as thread hijacking, and im one of them. But dont worry, I dont hate you or anything smile.gif .

Feel the love... But if I would post the pics in your thread then it too could be seen as thread high jacking. This seemed a bit better.

CarpetDweller
  • CarpetDweller

The steak is a lie

• The Connection

Posted 28 September 2005 - 05:43 PM

user posted image
Does anyone know where this is?

It mostly looks like the entrance to the street in China Town by the Noodle Bar, but that's already been accounted for in another picture.
The decoration fits with the image of what we've already seen of Saint Marks circa '98, but I can't find anywhere similar to this in GTA 3.

I think that they've probably added this narrow street somewhere around near Cipriani's Restaurant. It would make a nice little short-cut to take those new motorcycles along.

Unless someone knows somewhere existing that this could be.

da gta master
  • da gta master

Pocoyo rocks! Oh yes.

• Members

Posted 28 September 2005 - 07:02 PM

Hmm, if I get a chance Ill look into it. Im sorry about not updating, just being swamped by homework confused.gif . Hate school.

CarpetDweller
  • CarpetDweller

The steak is a lie

• The Connection

Posted 29 September 2005 - 10:03 AM

I'm not trying to start a rumour. I might just be making excuses for why I can't find some LCS locations in GTA3. I'm going to post some images to illustrate my thought process.

user posted imageuser posted image
I believe that the above 2 images show the same place in Chinatown. The first is from LCS publicity the second is from GTA3 (PS2 version).

user posted image
Then I saw this image. It seems to show the same street but with different storefronts.

Do you think the 2 LCS pictures are:
a. Different stages of the games production development.
b. Different streets.
c. Something else.

Is it possible that some areas change appearance during the game? I believe there is a feature in True Crime: streets of NY where the look of areas varies depending on their current crimerate.
I doubt that it's like where the districts appearance changes depending on which gang is in control. GTA has become more structured than that. But it is possible that some textures will change during the game to bring them more in line with GTA3. Just a thought.

Neo-Dragon
  • Neo-Dragon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2005 - 11:42 AM

Hmmm, thats really weird.
It is the same place (as far as I can tell)

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 29 September 2005 - 12:50 PM

Hmm that really is strange, it's defintely the same street with the same buildings in the distance but with different storefronts.

finallight
  • finallight

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 September 2005 - 01:03 PM

I think it's different stages of the games production development, cause the one on the bottom looks a lot like the gta3 one, they have almost the exact same storefronts.

CarpetDweller
  • CarpetDweller

The steak is a lie

• The Connection

Posted 29 September 2005 - 01:18 PM

Is there any chance that that is a GTA3 PC screen being used for LCS?

Asif
  • Asif

Peon

• Members

Posted 29 September 2005 - 01:43 PM Edited by Asif, 29 September 2005 - 01:52 PM.

QUOTE (carpetdweller @ Sep 29 2005, 19:18)
Is there any chance that that is a GTA3 PC screen being used for LCS?

user posted image

user posted image

*PC screen*

Me, too, have weird feeling about the other snap (the red Stinger one)

CarpetDweller
  • CarpetDweller

The steak is a lie

• The Connection

Posted 29 September 2005 - 02:48 PM Edited by carpetdweller, 29 September 2005 - 04:38 PM.

@ Asif - That image was perfect. It has the water tower and fire escape which are missing from the PS2 version, but doesn't have the chinese banners which appear in both the LCS pics aswell as other views I've seen of the far end of the street.

I guess it could be that they are different stages of development in making the game. The machete pic looks far more finished than the other one.
-----------------------------------
Edit: just spotted another one.

user posted image
The billboards shown by city hall in this LCS image are the same as those seen in GTA3. They advertise Punk Noodles and FatBurgerKid
The next one is another LCS pic of the same 2 billboards. But now they advertise what looks like Dogfight & Bobo
user posted image

Asif
  • Asif

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 September 2005 - 03:01 AM

Damn! That's weird!

gohan__14
  • gohan__14

[UVA]G-Rider

• Members

Posted 30 September 2005 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE (carpetdweller @ Sep 28 2005, 17:43)
user posted image
Does anyone know where this is?

It mostly looks like the entrance to the street in China Town by the Noodle Bar, but that's already been accounted for in another picture.
The decoration fits with the image of what we've already seen of Saint Marks circa '98, but I can't find anywhere similar to this in GTA 3.

I think that they've probably added this narrow street somewhere around near Cipriani's Restaurant. It would make a nice little short-cut to take those new motorcycles along.

Unless someone knows somewhere existing that this could be.

I think it's in Saint MarKs.There is some open house in the right of the Tony,meybi it's the Restourans back entrance.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Modding Staff
  • Hong-Kong
  • Major Contribution Award [Mods]
    Helpfulness Awards [Mods]

Posted 30 September 2005 - 09:01 PM Edited by spaceeinstein, 30 September 2005 - 09:09 PM.

---

da gta master
  • da gta master

Pocoyo rocks! Oh yes.

• Members

Posted 30 September 2005 - 09:16 PM

It is most likely stages of development, the screenshot which hasnt changed is an early screen, but the second screen is newer which means its more completed. this explains why some of the things in my first screens are the same from GTA3. Like posters etc.

CarpetDweller
  • CarpetDweller

The steak is a lie

• The Connection

Posted 30 September 2005 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (spaceeinstein @ Sep 30 2005, 21:01)
The image with the screwdriver or thing should be in Chinatown.

Why? Are you basing it on the fact that it's "pedestrians only" or something else? I've checked all the exits to that chinatown section and none of them match up. One is close but would require some big changes to the buildings. That would be possible, but we have already seen most of that street (including the most likely location of this image - seen below) in other publicity shots. In those they more closely resemble the GTA3 chinatown.

user posted image

So unless the area changes during the game I think it is unlikely to be Chinatown. The alley directly opposite Cipriani's Restaurant has possibilities but I'm not sure as the entrance to it looks unchanged in the motorcycle video.

I think you might be right and it's a screwdriver rather than a chisel as reported.
-----
Slightly off-topic: I went behind the restaurant today. I didn't know you could get right behind there. That means the restaurant is only about 6 feet deep. i hope they change that.

Edit: oops, you deleted.

@ da gta master - that's probably correct.

da gta master
  • da gta master

Pocoyo rocks! Oh yes.

• Members

Posted 30 September 2005 - 09:33 PM

Is that an early screenshot, maybe thats not the finished one and the other screen is updated?

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Modding Staff
  • Hong-Kong
  • Major Contribution Award [Mods]
    Helpfulness Awards [Mods]

Posted 13 October 2005 - 06:37 PM Edited by spaceeinstein, 14 October 2005 - 12:04 AM.

sh*t I was too tired. Sorry about that. Are you still doing comparisons?

CarpetDweller
  • CarpetDweller

The steak is a lie

• The Connection

Posted 13 October 2005 - 06:54 PM

But the picture I think you're talking about doesn't feature the red entrance thing or the bank.
user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users