Photo

Then and Now

141 replies to this topic
da gta master
  • da gta master

Pocoyo rocks! Oh yes.

• Members

Posted 27 August 2005 - 10:10 PM

If your talking about the one with the 3 mafia men then sorry that is the only screenshot with the supposed snow in.

da gta master
  • da gta master

Pocoyo rocks! Oh yes.

• Members

Posted 02 September 2005 - 02:59 PM Edited by da gta master, 05 September 2005 - 09:14 PM.

Oops double post.

CarpetDweller
  • CarpetDweller

The steak is a lie

• The Connection

Posted 02 September 2005 - 08:37 PM Edited by carpetdweller, 02 September 2005 - 10:22 PM.

Deleted and re-wrote original post:
I took a few more so i thought I'd add them here - Link

Notice the one with the poster that looks like Madd Dogg.
If I've chosen the correct location, then this is by the blocked and broken road in St Marks. It seems that this road isn't damged in LCS and the buildings are complete too.

Kippers
  • Kippers

Project 2501

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 September 2005 - 01:00 AM Edited by kippers, 03 September 2005 - 01:02 AM.

god damn it carpet. you rock at these comparrasons. Great work biggrin.gif

i don't see madd dogg in any of those screenshots confused.gif

Raptomex
  • Raptomex

Listen to Slayer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2005 - 01:25 AM

Nice comparisons.

John Jacques
  • John Jacques

Big Smoke!

• Members

Posted 03 September 2005 - 01:29 AM

Extremely good comparisons, you're one of the leaders into the Liberty City Stories World colgate.gif

I'm gonna spaz when it finally comes out to stores Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

CarpetDweller
  • CarpetDweller

The steak is a lie

• The Connection

Posted 03 September 2005 - 05:16 PM

user posted image
That's the one that I've heard someone say has a picture of Madd Dogg on the billboard.

I think this is the same place in GTAIII:
user posted image
I believe that the street that Toni is heading towards is the one with the 2 large ditches with the exposed pipes. The building to the left of the LCS pic is the half-demolished one with the hidden package in 2001.

DeAnO_GTA~MaStEr
  • DeAnO_GTA~MaStEr

Vote Saxon!

• Members

Posted 03 September 2005 - 05:25 PM

Brilliant comparison in the pictures Carpet, all of them look right. Including the one in your above post.

The WINDMILL
  • The WINDMILL

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 06:53 PM

I believe that's Madd Dogg. If not, why wouldn't it be there in GTA III and it would be in GTA LCS?

Kippers
  • Kippers

Project 2501

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 September 2005 - 07:52 PM Edited by kippers, 05 September 2005 - 07:55 PM.

ahhhh i see it now. looking closely at the billboard you can see a slightly tilted head...Which i recognize from either SA or a teaser site

I personally think Carpet deserves a karma star or something for all these comparassions. Unlike da gta master who keeps saying he'll update...but we know he wont

da gta master
  • da gta master

Pocoyo rocks! Oh yes.

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 09:08 PM

First of all i havent got the time on my hands, because I go back to school on wednesday, ive got to get stuff and so on. So sorry if I dont have all the time in the world to get a screenshot of GTA3 and LCS. I do have other stuff that I need to do.

Kippers
  • Kippers

Project 2501

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 September 2005 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE (da gta master @ Sep 5 2005, 22:08)
First of all i havent got the time on my hands, because I go back to school on wednesday, ive got to get stuff and so on. So sorry if I dont have all the time in the world to get a screenshot of GTA3 and LCS. I do have other stuff that I need to do.

ok, Granted you have other things to do at the moment, nothing you can really do about that. But why not pass the topic over to Carpet while you're busy, so he can update with screenshots etc. And when you have more free time you can take it back from Carpet?

da gta master
  • da gta master

Pocoyo rocks! Oh yes.

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 09:40 PM

Well at the moment and tomorow im going to be getting screens. Ive just printed out all the ones im going to do so be expecting some new ones by the end of the week.

da gta master
  • da gta master

Pocoyo rocks! Oh yes.

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 10:10 PM

Update coming up now. 4 new comparisons will be added. Unfortuantely, it may take a whilee because ive got to write stuff about them, but just be patient, and im sorry for the double post.

CarpetDweller
  • CarpetDweller

The steak is a lie

• The Connection

Posted 05 September 2005 - 10:26 PM Edited by carpetdweller, 06 September 2005 - 10:34 AM.

@ Kippers - Thanks for all your comments, but I really wouldn't want to take control of this topic. I take the pics for fun if i'm not too busy. The last thing I want is to feel that I have to produce them. Especially since I'm expecting quite a few more LCS pics to appear in the near future.

@ da gta master - I understand that there's much more to life than this. You're not obliged to post any images and no-one should complain if you can't do it immediately.
The problem lies in the fact that you started a topic which is increasingly gathering interest as the hype grows as we near the release date. People want to see pictures that compare what they know to what coming. Unfortunately you requested that you wanted to do all the pictures yourself. That is fine, but your public are hungry. I look forward to your images.

---------
I think I agree that the face on that billboard is Madd Dogg's.
user posted image
----------

p.s. Does anyone know a way of turning off the hud/radar in the PS2 GTAIII?
I have a AR Max (pal) if necessary?
EDIT: Also if there's a way of changing either Claude or another in-game character (misty or 8-ball) to look like Toni, Salvatore or Miguel, then that would really make the pictures more interesting. I can't kelp looking at my pic of Miguel compared with Misty by the patriot and thinking "God, he's changed!"

da gta master
  • da gta master

Pocoyo rocks! Oh yes.

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 11:00 PM

OK the 4 new ones are done. They can be found on the second post. Tomorow, I will be getting about 6 more and changing most of the images on the first post as they are untidy (very untidy). After that it will look a lot better.

Like the topic?? Please rate it!

LC 44
  • LC 44

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 September 2005 - 02:43 AM

good job man.

I have no doubt in my mind this will be an awsome game, and most likely be the best psp title for a long time.

PresidentKiller
  • PresidentKiller

Anger Manager

• The Connection
  • Mexico

Posted 06 September 2005 - 03:48 AM

Nice info da gta master and carpetdweller. Keep up the good work. smile.gif

QUOTE (carpetdweller @ Aug 10 2005, 18:44)
Here's a game for everyone.
I been wondering where the top left picture is supposed to be for some time.
I've narrowed it down to the 3 other options. I'm 99% confident that if it isn't one of these than it must be somewhere new.
All these shots come from Staunton Island in GTAIII.
Which one do you think it is?
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted image

It really seems to be a new place, I drove all over Liberty City and found nothing. The pics you have there are from the places that look the most like the LCS one, but none of them "exactly" matches it. Keep in mind that Fort Staunton, the places where the Porter Tunnel entrances are and some other places might be very different 3 years before GTA3.

da gta master
  • da gta master

Pocoyo rocks! Oh yes.

• Members

Posted 10 September 2005 - 06:24 PM

Replacement pictures for the first post are coming soon. Ive just got to upload them so i can get them on here. And I will probably be getting new LCS pictures.

Cveni
  • Cveni

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2005 - 06:02 PM

Great work. When LCS will be released you will can make better screenshots than these, which we have now.

Good idea with rating this topic. I will wait for new screens if of course R* will release some new screenshots from game.

da gta master
  • da gta master

Pocoyo rocks! Oh yes.

• Members

Posted 15 September 2005 - 06:42 PM Edited by da gta master, 15 September 2005 - 06:59 PM.

Thanks, anyway I will be uploading the same screens on the first post but with all the stuff that wasnt needed taken out (everything except the tv image). As soon as I get a chance im going to do new screens, unluckily ive just started school again and theres lots of homework. But ill see if I can on the weekend.

EDIT: Done, Now please! Everyone who views this topic, if you think its good, rate it good!

tommyalma
  • tommyalma

לэ flỵήξ ךдxi

• Members

Posted 16 September 2005 - 03:39 AM

Great thread, both you guys. I hope someone puts this kind of interest into the game once it's out. It'd be cool to have a comprehensive juxtaposition. I mean, if you happen to have a hundred hours of free time. biggrin.gif

da gta master
  • da gta master

Pocoyo rocks! Oh yes.

• Members

Posted 20 September 2005 - 10:50 AM Edited by da gta master, 20 September 2005 - 10:57 AM.

Right, I want a vote here, who thinks I should get new pictures from my PC version of GTA3? Seeing as im ill right now I may aswell do some pictures, but I want to know what you guys think.

Pros and cons

pros.
Better quality
Easier to do
No rubbish camera pics
Annoying not getting right angle when taking photo

Cons,
to big.

Well I want to know what you guys think.

CarpetDweller
  • CarpetDweller

The steak is a lie

• The Connection

Posted 20 September 2005 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE (da gta master @ Sep 20 2005, 10:50)
Cons,
to big.

Can't you just resize them?

I say go for it. It'll take your mind off being ill.

da gta master
  • da gta master

Pocoyo rocks! Oh yes.

• Members

Posted 20 September 2005 - 10:58 AM

Im not good with resizing, would you be able to help me by resizing them? I will aslo mention your help at the top of the page if you do.

Kippers
  • Kippers

Project 2501

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 September 2005 - 11:57 AM

yeah, use the PC version to take the pictures.

Why can't you just use paint to re-size them?

da gta master
  • da gta master

Pocoyo rocks! Oh yes.

• Members

Posted 20 September 2005 - 12:53 PM

Well ill try that, but whenever I resize something in paint it always gos wrong

LuigiBrotha
  • LuigiBrotha

Part time skinner

• Members

Posted 21 September 2005 - 06:19 AM

I kinda made a topic just like this one. I did this because ... These pics aren't very clear.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 21 September 2005 - 06:43 AM

What would be better imo would be to use the GTA LC mod which puts Liberty City in the Vice City engine, it will help since GTA LCS looks brighter then GTA3.

da gta master
  • da gta master

Pocoyo rocks! Oh yes.

• Members

Posted 21 September 2005 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE (LuigiBrotha @ Sep 21 2005, 06:19)
I kinda made a topic just like this one. I did this because ... These pics aren't very clear.

Stop trying to hijack my topic , THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

ANYWAY, I will be replacing the PS2 screens with PC screens as soon as I know how to turn off the radar and health armour stuff. Peace out little dudes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users