Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Respected 2012
    Most Helpful 2012
    Best Returning Member 2012
    Best Contributor [GTA Series] 2012
    Best Forum Ledby 2012
    Best Moderator 2012

Posted 09 August 2005 - 09:21 AM

It's amazing how the ocean looks in that screenshot for the PSP. In Burnout Legends for the PSP the ocean looks real bad.

CarpetDweller
  • CarpetDweller

The steak is a lie

• The Connection

Posted 09 August 2005 - 09:37 AM

@ neiltc13 - Thanks. That pic was exactly what I wanted. I can now clearly see that the lighter area under the right arch is just the sun catching the water. I was thinking it may have been a dirt road.
I still can't see the dam in the picture but it might just be the angle.

NathanHenry
  • NathanHenry

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 09 August 2005 - 09:51 AM

Actually Carpentdweller a little add on to your confrmation list for the bikes. There will also be the Sanchez. the Magazines did say that they will have Motorbikes, Motorcycles, and Dirtbikes in GTA:LCS and as we all know throughout VC and SA there has only been one dirtbike in both VC and SA and that is the Sanchez so the Sanchez will be in GTA:LCS as well as the PCJ-600 and the Freeway.

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

Uncut

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Respected 2012
    Most Helpful 2012
    Best Returning Member 2012
    Best Contributor [GTA Series] 2012
    Best Forum Ledby 2012
    Best Moderator 2012

Posted 09 August 2005 - 10:52 AM

oh and they did mention scooters....... Faggio inlove.gif

CarpetDweller
  • CarpetDweller

The steak is a lie

• The Connection

Posted 09 August 2005 - 11:03 AM

My list wasn't about confirmed details, it was only things I personally seen in the publicity shots. I have noticed a few more of the older images which I haven't done a comparison for yet. Some of those contain other vehicles like the Bobcat. I did look for picture of the Sanchez and Scooter but couldn't find one. I said that the PCJ-600 was included but I haven't compared the bikes properly yet. It could be a BF-400 or FCR-900. I'll check when I have some time.

Beef
  • Beef

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 August 2005 - 11:24 PM

The new screens for the PSP have changed dramatically from the days of the PS2 and I think that it is better to relive GTA3 in a whole different way, rather than just creating whole new GTA for the sake of it. I think that there has been some brilliant improvements, but there has also been some not so brilliant improvemenets, all will be reveled however when we have the game in our hands!

CarpetDweller
  • CarpetDweller

The steak is a lie

• The Connection

Posted 10 August 2005 - 11:44 PM Edited by carpetdweller, 10 August 2005 - 11:49 PM.

Here's a game for everyone.
I been wondering where the top left picture is supposed to be for some time.
I've narrowed it down to the 3 other options. I'm 99% confident that if it isn't one of these than it must be somewhere new.
All these shots come from Staunton Island in GTAIII.
Which one do you think it is?
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted image

smithstock
  • smithstock

Reservoir Dog

• Members

Posted 11 August 2005 - 07:48 AM

It's the bottom right picture smile.gif

Pyrrhus
  • Pyrrhus

GTAF Commissioner

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Australia

Posted 11 August 2005 - 07:56 AM

I agree, the lower right shot from GTA3 seems closest to the GTA: LCS shot.

Kippers
  • Kippers

Project 2501

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2005 - 10:13 AM

The patterns on the very bottom floors of the building are the same in the bottom left one as in the LCS shot but the rest of the windows look the same as the bottom right shot, to me it looks like a mix of the 2

But comparing everything in the shot i'd say bottom left

pizza guy
  • pizza guy

Power!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 August 2005 - 10:36 AM

They're all various angles of the crossroads at the park in Staunton Island.

CarpetDweller
  • CarpetDweller

The steak is a lie

• The Connection

Posted 11 August 2005 - 11:39 AM Edited by carpetdweller, 11 August 2005 - 11:46 AM.

QUOTE (pizza guy @ Aug 11 2005, 10:36)
They're all various angles of the crossroads at the park in Staunton Island.

No. They are all different crossroads. I checked every crossroads on all 3 islands and these 3 are the only ones that came anywhere close.

The top-right pic is the south-west corner of Belleville park. It is the least likely because there are too many lanes in the road, it is a T-junction rather than a crossroad and it would mean that R* changed interesting looking buildings for dull ones.

Bottom-left pic is by the construction site.

Bottom-right is by the parking lot next to the Cocks Stadium. The stadium is the orange thing in the background. It looks like buildings have replaced it in the LCS screen.

Whichever one it is, it means they've changed quite a bit more than we've seen from the other publicity shots.

da gta master
  • da gta master

Pocoyo rocks! Oh yes.

• Members

Posted 11 August 2005 - 01:09 PM

Ive been wondering where that is for a long time. It does look like the bottom right picture, could you sort of tell me or show me where this is, I want to get a screen of my own.

CarpetDweller
  • CarpetDweller

The steak is a lie

• The Connection

Posted 11 August 2005 - 03:17 PM Edited by carpetdweller, 11 August 2005 - 03:35 PM.

I'll have to try and explain it -
Go to Staunton Island and head north along the west side of Belleville Park. Stay on this road while you go under the high loop of road that heads to the lift bridge. When you get to the north end of the park - go one block more - and you should be at the crossroads seen in the bottom left picture.

BTW da gta master, It was you asking about this picture that made me go looking for it.

EDIT: I just noticed that the image below is a different angle of the above LCS picture.
I'm away from my PS2 and my main pc today so I can't look so if anyone else wants to take a look to see if this confirms anything - go ahead.
user posted image
I know it poor quality, but there must be a better one out there somewhere.

da gta master
  • da gta master

Pocoyo rocks! Oh yes.

• Members

Posted 11 August 2005 - 09:57 PM

Thanks, Im going picture hunting colgate.gif

CarpetDweller
  • CarpetDweller

The steak is a lie

• The Connection

Posted 11 August 2005 - 10:57 PM Edited by carpetdweller, 11 August 2005 - 11:14 PM.

I'm changing my mind. It may well be the north east corner of the park. That was actually one of my first thoughts on where it should be, but I discarded it because there were obvious differences. When I was taking the other photos I didn't take one of there as I'd already decided it wasn't the place.
Now that I look at the photos I can see that they all have differences. The North east corner makes the most sense as it's located near a lot of the other screens of Toni in the same clothes.

EDIT: While you're out taking pics...
http://www.psxextrem...D=1753&scrID=90
The tall building in the far backround (east) is Asuka's building.

da gta master
  • da gta master

Pocoyo rocks! Oh yes.

• Members

Posted 12 August 2005 - 03:32 PM

Have you got another link?
All I get is a blue webpage with nothing on it...

Bistriteanul
  • Bistriteanul

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 August 2005 - 10:35 AM

I WANT THIS GAME LIBERTY CITY!!!!!! CAN ANYONE GIVE ME THIS GAME!!!!!!!! cryani.gif

VideoPoker
  • VideoPoker

Boss

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 17 August 2005 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (carpetdweller @ Aug 7 2005, 06:43)
user posted image

user posted image

Those two pictures surprised me. In the bottom one you can see the Cochrane dam but in the LCS screenshot, you can't see it at all. That could be due to the draw distance I guess. But if not, and the dam hasn't been built yet, then maybe that has something to do with the expansion of SSV.

Maybe the dam was just built in GTA3 and that's why the tunnels were blocked off or something dontgetit.gif

Technical Difficulty
  • Technical Difficulty

Run for your life.

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 August 2005 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE (VideoPoker @ Aug 17 2005, 16:32)
user posted image

user posted image

Those two pictures surprised me. In the bottom one you can see the Cochrane dam but in the LCS screenshot, you can't see it at all. That could be due to the draw distance I guess. But if not, and the dam hasn't been built yet, then maybe that has something to do with the expansion of SSV.

Maybe the dam was just built in GTA3 and that's why the tunnels were blocked off or something dontgetit.gif

It looks like the angle. Notice the angle differential in the two. The LCS one is further out, where as the GTA3 one is almost like it's off-shore.

Kippers
  • Kippers

Project 2501

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2005 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE (Technical Difficulty @ Aug 18 2005, 01:52)
QUOTE (VideoPoker @ Aug 17 2005, 16:32)
user posted image

user posted image

It looks like the angle. Notice the angle differential in the two. The LCS one is further out, where as the GTA3 one is almost like it's off-shore.

i think you have them mixed up. The top one is LCS and the bottom one is GTA3. Un-less i've mis-read how you've written that

slimminem
  • slimminem

25 cents per ride.

• Members

Posted 22 August 2005 - 08:34 PM

The car in the first page at the old luigi's looks like a yardi lobo to me
but it could also be maybe an older version of the esperanto

da gta master
  • da gta master

Pocoyo rocks! Oh yes.

• Members

Posted 22 August 2005 - 09:07 PM

Finally been able to access a computer rah.gif

Yes it does look alot like the front of a Yardie Lobo. Well we'll find out when its released colgate.gif

And the land hasnt changed, it is the angle of the photo, the LCs picture was taken from more of in the air but the GTA3 picture was taken from a boat or on land. No updates as im on holiday.

Rob.
  • Rob.

Don't Stop

• Zaibatsu

Posted 24 August 2005 - 08:28 PM

I'm lookin forward to the rumoured extended shorside and to see whther those tunnels will be opend in comparison to GTA3

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 24 August 2005 - 08:38 PM

Wow, nice things you got here. nice job.

Rob.
  • Rob.

Don't Stop

• Zaibatsu

Posted 25 August 2005 - 02:31 PM

Yeh this topic is a nice idea, nice 1, i reckon it should be pinned, considering comparisons to the old game is a big subject

da gta master
  • da gta master

Pocoyo rocks! Oh yes.

• Members

Posted 27 August 2005 - 07:51 PM

Gosh, I should be spanking myself, I havent updated in weeks...

Oh well Ill say what I say everytime, updates coming soon!

NathanHenry
  • NathanHenry

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 27 August 2005 - 09:53 PM

Yeah just got some new pics just released yesterday you can find them at gtapsp I would really like to see some now and then of those pics.

da gta master
  • da gta master

Pocoyo rocks! Oh yes.

• Members

Posted 27 August 2005 - 10:00 PM

Ill get to work as soon as possible colgate.gif

NathanHenry
  • NathanHenry

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 27 August 2005 - 10:02 PM

That would be great.

Just wondering if there was a pic of the snow in GTA:LCS beside that pic that thedude5000 showed which I am still convinced is not snow in that pic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users