Creating a personalized building

6 replies to this topic
AlexMark
  • AlexMark

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 July 2005 - 06:52 AM

Hi.

Im new here and i'm a newbie of GtaModding.

I would like to know where to start creating personalized buildings (not only changing their paintings) and how to add them in the SA maps.

Sorry for the previous topic that I posted in the "General" section. I didn't know about modding colgate.gif

Thanks for any help!

rahkstar2.gif

dertyjerzian
  • dertyjerzian

I have a custom member title. I call it "Solid Snake"

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 July 2005 - 02:50 AM

Hello Alex. This is not currently officially possible. There is one mod of a skate part type thingy, but the maker of that mod, Ocrum or something, won't talk about it tounge.gif But it looks cool none the less.
Whom must be a mastermind to write working scripts without the actual game to test with is Kam. His DFF i/o script does not support Col3 export of map objects yet, so we'll just have to wait for that.
There is also a script for another application I've been payed not to say the name of floating around here somewhere. It MIGHT support Col3 for builings, but I highly doubt this.

AlexMark
  • AlexMark

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 July 2005 - 11:15 AM

Ok, thanks.

But, what about modifying cars?

I saw someone created different-shapes cars!

jacob.
  • jacob.

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 July 2005 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE (AlexMark @ Jul 15 2005, 11:15)
But, what about modifying cars?

I saw someone created different-shapes cars!

Here ye go.

SMGbab16
  • SMGbab16

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 July 2005 - 02:44 AM

You'll find documentation on map files Here

Hello Alex. This is not currently officially possible. There is one mod of a skate part type thingy, but the maker of that mod, Ocrum or something, won't talk about it tounge.gif But it looks cool none the less.
Whom must be a mastermind to write working scripts without the actual game to test with is Kam. His DFF i/o script does not support Col3 export of map objects yet, so we'll just have to wait for that.
There is also a script for another application I've been payed not to say the name of floating around here somewhere. It MIGHT support Col3 for builings, but I highly doubt this.

Yes it is possible...
You dont need COL3 for the collision to work. The game understand old Col format.
BUT you have to convert TXD files to the new San Andreas format Otherwise the object may not be displayed !!
You can do this with TXD WorkShop 3.7 smile.gif

AlexMark
  • AlexMark

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 July 2005 - 08:45 AM

I heard about it's possible modifying cars with 3D Studio max, but it needs a filter to work.

Is it really possible?

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 16 July 2005 - 08:52 AM

Yes, a dff filter is avalible. Look around the forums.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users