Converting PS2 Saved Games to PC?

4 replies to this topic
Entheogenic
  • Entheogenic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 July 2005 - 02:26 AM

Hello all...

I have been searching for several hours and have found no answer to this question...

Is it possible to convert GTA:SA games saved on PS2 to PC saved games?

I would assume one would have to buy an AR Max or some such USB device, load the game on PS2 from the memory card, save the game on AR Max, upload the AR Max saved game to the PC via USB, run some sort of utility which converts the saved game, then copy it to the GTA:SA saved games folder, however I have not seen any posts or websites claiming that someone has performed this task or suggesting that such a utility exists at all.

I spent many months sporadically playing and getting my GTA:SA game to where it is on PS2 and would like to continue it on PC, as the gameplay on my PC is much nicer looking, the sound is EAX Advanced HD surround, and I can swap out the controllers for different missions as they come along. (I would assume that the airplane missions would be a great deal easier when the joystick used has a 10-inch stick attached to its pivot.)

If anyone can point me in the right direction here, it would be much appreciated. If not, it may be time for me to brush off my C++ manual from college and spend 6 months writing some weak code that nobody but myself and a handful of others would use. tounge.gif

Thanks in advance,

Entheogenic
--------------
entheogenic n. Any substance taken to bring on a spiritual experience. lit. Generating the divine within.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 13 July 2005 - 03:38 AM

Nope it isn't possible, the formats are quite different I'd imagine.

Entheogenic
  • Entheogenic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 July 2005 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ Jul 13 2005, 03:38)
Nope it isn't possible, the formats are quite different I'd imagine.

Though I'm sure the formats are quite different, I would be willing to bet that it is possible, just that nobody has written the appropriate converter yet. Maybe Rockstar could knock out a program, seeing as they know how both formats are saved.

If anyone could point me toward a description of the saved game format for either of these games/platforms, it would be fantastic.

I'm really very surprised that no one else has wanted to do this...

Entheogenic

EricT
  • EricT

Shot caller

• Members

Posted 13 July 2005 - 04:03 PM

I think you have better chances of making a save game builder or editor. Dunno but that sounds easier.

gothi
  • gothi

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 July 2005 - 10:20 PM

I once toyed with taking my PS2 save to the Xbox version, it refused to load.

The Xbox save is likely to be very similar to the PC save (ignoring two key points in the structure) and may work (assuming you restructored and signed accordingly) but as for a quick conversion from PS2 to PC it's probably not going to happen any time soon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users