Photo

NCAA Football '06

43 replies to this topic
D Jones
  • D Jones

smoked out

• Members

Posted 19 July 2005 - 08:48 AM

QUOTE (GTA3Rockstar @ Jul 19 2005, 01:21)
QUOTE (Knightmare @ Jul 17 2005, 06:11)
QUOTE (GTA3Rockstar @ Jul 17 2005, 06:02)
QUOTE (Slick Willy @ Jul 15 2005, 10:54)
Umm, you should double check, but I was in the rosters area in dynasty mode.  I think the option was called auto-name rosters.

Its also in just the plan options mode not just in Dynasty....

Weird thing is I have a QB named Brock in RFTH year 2(didnt do the automatic name, and more real names on other teams) and the announcers said his name, I thought they couldn't use real names or is this someone special, lol?

Brock is a fake person. They give everyone fake names, and the announcers can say them. Plus you said it's year 2, how would the game know who the incoming freshman of next year are? turn.gif

No, he is a Junior...

@DJ - I only got to play the last ones with my friends, cause I never bought them... lol I only buy Madden

If they're a Junior then that means they came from a Juinor College or also known as a Juco player.

And what the hell are you talking about?

Knightmare
  • Knightmare

man tongues

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 19 July 2005 - 04:41 PM

Trying to get the heisman on defense is IMPOSSIBLE. My roommate had a grand idea of putting my guy, MLB for the Badgers, at fullback to get some extra touchdowns. It's not a bad idea and has improved my hype considerably. Also putting him on kickoff nets a few extra tackles per game.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2005 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE (D Jones @ Jul 19 2005, 02:48)
QUOTE (GTA3Rockstar @ Jul 19 2005, 01:21)
QUOTE (Knightmare @ Jul 17 2005, 06:11)
QUOTE (GTA3Rockstar @ Jul 17 2005, 06:02)
QUOTE (Slick Willy @ Jul 15 2005, 10:54)
Umm, you should double check, but I was in the rosters area in dynasty mode.  I think the option was called auto-name rosters.

Its also in just the plan options mode not just in Dynasty....

Weird thing is I have a QB named Brock in RFTH year 2(didnt do the automatic name, and more real names on other teams) and the announcers said his name, I thought they couldn't use real names or is this someone special, lol?

Brock is a fake person. They give everyone fake names, and the announcers can say them. Plus you said it's year 2, how would the game know who the incoming freshman of next year are? turn.gif

No, he is a Junior...

@DJ - I only got to play the last ones with my friends, cause I never bought them... lol I only buy Madden

If they're a Junior then that means they came from a Juinor College or also known as a Juco player.

And what the hell are you talking about?

Noticing they said names in the other five Ncaa games...

Knightmare
  • Knightmare

man tongues

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 20 July 2005 - 10:34 AM

I just got a Greatest Game score of 943 on my profile, man that was tough. Badgers are a B team, USC is mostly an A+ team, and throwing 4 interceptions didn't help. Very close right til the end, I have never been so tense playing football before.

It's incredibly awesome how they balanced this years game. Everyone has weak spots and strong spots, and you have to take advantage of those just like real life. Unfortunately the Badgers are one giant weak spot compared to USC, but I was still able to come up with the big W.

On my third year for Race for the Heisman, I think I can get it this time. smile.gif

D Jones
  • D Jones

smoked out

• Members

Posted 20 July 2005 - 12:01 PM

Being a MLB is difficult to get the Heisman with. Good Luck. I'm still in my freshman year (3rd game) with 8 TD's and 3 INT's and not mentioned in the Heisman yet.

I just wish they made it more realistic (i.e not starting your first year). And I wish they wouldn't allow you to control the whole team, since YOUR running for the Heisman you should just be yourself.

woodprior383
  • woodprior383

01001000 01000001 01000011 01001011 01000101 01000100

• Members

Posted 20 July 2005 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (anuj's game story)
Mizzou recovers, has the ball on the USC 36.

How are you on the USC 36? I thought it was FSU vs. Mizzou?

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 20 July 2005 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (woodprior383 @ Jul 20 2005, 08:06)
QUOTE (anuj's game story)
Mizzou recovers, has the ball on the USC 36.

How are you on the USC 36? I thought it was FSU vs. Mizzou?

When I was typing that, I was subconsiously typing USC instead of FSU every time. I'm not sure why. Probably because I hate USC.

Knightmare
  • Knightmare

man tongues

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 20 July 2005 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (D Jones @ Jul 20 2005, 06:01)
Being a MLB is difficult to get the Heisman with. Good Luck. I'm still in my freshman year (3rd game) with 8 TD's and 3 INT's and not mentioned in the Heisman yet.

I just wish they made it more realistic (i.e not starting your first year). And I wish they wouldn't allow you to control the whole team, since YOUR running for the Heisman you should just be yourself.

I usually don't control my guy unless they go into a 4-5 WR set, and then I take weak side and blitz in for a sack. Dog Gold out of the Dime formation works wonders for this. I had 9 sacks against Bowling Green, 3 touchdowns as Fullback, and a FF. I'm up on the Heisman list already.

Usually my guy can find tackles easily enough, especially now since he's an Impact player. I also put him right next to the kicker on kickoffs for a few extra tackles per game, and it seems to be working out. So basically he's running offense, defense, and special teams tounge.gif hopefully your guy can't get hurt wink.gif

chuck430
  • chuck430

Ha Ha!

• Members

Posted 22 July 2005 - 12:50 AM

Defense is taking a little longer to get used to. Still have to remember the that R3 is used to break/shed O-Linemen.

Using Maryland b/c I plan on attending there for my Grad degree in a few years. My D-line just crushed Navy and their 95% option plays.

Anyone have an idea on how inseason recruiting works? I used all my scholarships b4 the first game (currently on game 2, week 3). Will the players come back to visit my school? and what does "Pipeline" mean? Is it that their recruiting points cheaper b/c theyre closer to your Uni?

RFTH is OK. The Playbook option in the dorm room is a waste of time, does it even help your player's stats? and at the end of the season you cant do any of the Dynasty mode things like recruiting and budgeting, which leads to a long ass load time for the cpu to do it all.

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 22 July 2005 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (Knightmare @ Jul 20 2005, 16:46)
QUOTE (D Jones @ Jul 20 2005, 06:01)

I usually don't control my guy unless they go into a 4-5 WR set, and then I take weak side and blitz in for a sack. Dog Gold out of the Dime formation works wonders for this. I had 9 sacks against Bowling Green, 3 touchdowns as Fullback, and a FF. I'm up on the Heisman list already.

Usually my guy can find tackles easily enough, especially now since he's an Impact player. I also put him right next to the kicker on kickoffs for a few extra tackles per game, and it seems to be working out. So basically he's running offense, defense, and special teams tounge.gif hopefully your guy can't get hurt wink.gif

Dog Zone Blitz in teh Dime package works wonders aswell. (Dunno if that's what you're referring to)

Zone defense with 2 CBs and the LB blitzing. If your linemen can penetrate worth anything, then you've almost got a surefire sack. Hawaii ran a 4 WR set three times on the 1 yard line, and I got a sack each time. (Not even player controlled, either!)

Second year of dynasty. I got the top recruiting class, and the depth is nice to have. My FS is having another Heisman year, and hopefully he won't be robbed by that fruitcake Leinert (or whoever the f*ck replaced him) this year. mad.gif

D Jones
  • D Jones

smoked out

• Members

Posted 22 July 2005 - 05:20 AM

@Chuck: After you do In-Season Recruiting go in that after the first game and put the percent you want them at (1-10). I think thats all you do confused.gif . I'm on my 5th game and I haven't noticed anything.

@anuj:
Mark Sanchez should be replacing Matt Lienart wink.gif .
I take it that your FS is like the next Charles Woodson in College football?

chuck430
  • chuck430

Ha Ha!

• Members

Posted 24 July 2005 - 04:01 AM

QUOTE (D Jones @ Jul 22 2005, 05:20)
@Chuck: After you do In-Season Recruiting go in that after the first game and put the percent you want them at (1-10). I think thats all you do confused.gif . I'm on my 5th game and I haven't noticed anything.

@anuj:

ok, got a grasp of the inseason recruiting.

you can adjust the % of points to however much you want.
when the recruit has picked your school in his final 3 choices you can then invite him to your school for a visit. schedule a visit and pitch him an angle (program prestige, location, etc). I just signed a MLB, but i also lost a lot of recruits to other schools.

Knightmare
  • Knightmare

man tongues

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 24 July 2005 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE (chuck430 @ Jul 23 2005, 22:01)

@anuj:

when the recruit has picked your school in his final 3 choices you can then invite him to your school for a visit. schedule a visit and pitch him an angle (program prestige, location, etc). I just signed a MLB, but i also lost a lot of recruits to other schools.

Yea it seems you can only get a few players with in-season recruiting. I just started a dynasty with BYU and I'm not sure to put points into people with a high interest level to guarantee a spot or put more points into people where my school is lower on their list. We'll see how it goes I guess.

chuck430
  • chuck430

Ha Ha!

• Members

Posted 24 July 2005 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (Knightmare @ Jul 24 2005, 20:01)
QUOTE (chuck430 @ Jul 23 2005, 22:01)

@anuj:

Yea it seems you can only get a few players with in-season recruiting. I just started a dynasty with BYU and I'm not sure to put points into people with a high interest level to guarantee a spot or put more points into people where my school is lower on their list. We'll see how it goes I guess.

i've signed a total of 4 players, out of 17 i think i had contacted in the beginning. I would go with giving the less interested players more points and see how far that gets you. start on his list of 8 -> 5 -> 3 schools. once you get in his final cut of 3 schools you can invite him to watch a home game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users