[WIP | SCR] 1987/88 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS

5 replies to this topic
Bushman_XXL
  • Bushman_XXL

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 July 2005 - 03:49 AM

hi !

i want to introduce my very first carmodel , its an 87er or 88er chevy monte carlo ss , i hope you like it .
im going to work on it further next days smile.gif
polycount so far 1394

it has no interior yet , and i dont really know how to handle that lol.
you know its my first model ever smile.gif
when you have some hints for me , or some interior tutorials , give them to me plz !

oh yea screens

happy.gif

user posted image

user posted image

though it looks like a hotring racer blink.gif

9ine
  • 9ine

Random Quote

• Members

Posted 11 July 2005 - 04:54 AM

lookin like the nascar version but good work.

Bushman_XXL
  • Bushman_XXL

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 July 2005 - 05:03 AM Edited by Bushman_XXL, 11 July 2005 - 05:08 AM.

yeah , like i said , it look bit like the hotring racer ...

well i put some fat wheels on it , the rear wheel is bigger than the front wheel . real dragster style ! tounge.gif

user posted image

actual polycount :

2050 devil.gif

HarLequiN
  • HarLequiN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 July 2005 - 11:00 PM

OK, so, first of all, it seems like you put a lot of work into that one for a first car,so I applaude that.
Second: The car is totally out of shape. There are several places where the Vertices are on the wrong place, mostly in the side-window area. If you're building with blueprints, then check the front view to give them the proper shape.
Third: Polystructures are a big problem, I know that (I still struggle sometimes), but the ones on this car are very... well, wrong. As a guideline, tryto keep them I/I/I/I/ and avoid setting them like I\//\I/I/\I\. That f*cks up the reflectionmap big time (at least in most cases)!! And always keep an eye on your flat-shading! If this method I/I/I/ results in a bad flat, then twist it around a bit and reorient some edges. If you pay attention on the RefMap you'll get good results!
Fourth: Maybe the most important part still lies ahead of you. Detach every Plane, that you want the normals to calculate independently from the others (you do know what normals are, do you?)! It looks like you didn't do any normals at all, that's why the car doesn't have any form at all, just a silhouette.
All in all, you still have alot to do. I wish you luck but to be honest, if I were you I would start again and do it with a little more knowledge. Practicing is good and essential, but for a first time project it would have perhaps been better to choose a less complicated vehicle!
If I'm allowed to give a general guideline, import and take a look at cars from other people. If the car is locked, well, bad luck, but if it's not, open it and look very closely at how others build them. You'll learn more from that then from ten advices!
Best thing is to take cars from Sin5k4, Yazu, Ganjica and other big names cause those guys surely do know how to build sh*t!!
So, hope this didn't sound mean or arrogant because it wasn't intended to. Again, goodluck and hope to see some nice things from ya in the future! smile.gif

Bushman_XXL
  • Bushman_XXL

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 July 2005 - 12:58 AM

yes... i agree what you said , im trying to do it better , this is my 5th attempt to build a car , im getting better each time i try to...
i set normals on it and , well here are some screens ( it has some textures now )

user posted image

ThetheoryX
  • ThetheoryX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 July 2005 - 01:43 AM

Niiice..Definately going to put this in my game when its finished. Funny thing is. I`m working on one of these for my first car also. Mine looks nowhere near as good as yours.

If you don`t mind me asking. I`m trying to model the front top and rear of my car, but can`t figure out how to get them lined up with the side of the car in the 3d viewport. If that made sense. I could take a screen to show what I mean. Just curious, cause its putting a stop to my progress.

Keep up the good work!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users