• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic
stellak
  • stellak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 06:23 AM

I have this thing about sharks. die.gif

Are there any? I just started swimming around and I need to know how scared to be.

Thanks!

immessedup17
  • immessedup17

Crocodile Tears

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 July 2005 - 06:32 AM

There are sharks, but they aren't physical objects. You can't hit them and they don't bite you.

stellak
  • stellak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 06:43 AM

Thanks for the info. I will now swim without looking over my shoulder all the time!

rah.gif

DaFrenk
  • DaFrenk

Wreckin' Ball

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 07:45 AM

Yeah, I ran into those evil squids hoping that they would do CJ harm (like in Michael Crichton's Sphere) but they're just not solid.
Pitty, but anyways cool that there is some sort of sea-life.

g33k
  • g33k

I'm stupid.

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 08:34 AM

I havn't found any sharks yet. I've found about 5 dolphins.

F-s-X
  • F-s-X

Kaikei, Chi Shingi Meiyo

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 08:37 AM

The only large sea animals I have seen is turtle's and and dolphins.

srg
  • srg

Bored Ass

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 09:07 AM

QUOTE (immessedup17 @ Jul 10 2005, 06:32)
There are sharks, but they aren't physical objects. You can't hit them and they don't bite you.

Really? Where can you find one? I really haven't spent much time in the sea.

Sergeant
  • Sergeant

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 11:34 AM

I swim in los santos verona beach and i get a boat wery long in los santos/san andreas i get off into boat and swim
down and i see wery Big shark and escaped in boat biggrin.gif

GTA_kev
  • GTA_kev

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 July 2005 - 12:20 PM

huh? that's odd I've never seen a shark yet.

Sierra
  • Sierra

V6 Petrol Head

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 12:55 PM

I've looked around los santos beach area and can't find any sharks, seen plenty of dolphins, turtles and star fish etc.. Are the sharks bigger than the dolphins?

samadriel
  • samadriel

I ate all your bees.

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 05:16 PM

I'm thinking the 'shark-spotters' here are actually referring to the dolphin... I've done tons of swimming and not seen any sharks distinct from the dolphin, but they could be out there I guess.

Sergeant
  • Sergeant

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 05:31 PM

I get "no water"code and samething special happened i see all of the fish in sky
Are sam1 too thisone happen?

stellak
  • stellak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 06:12 PM

I've been spending time in the water trying to finish Farewell, My Love. I keep overshooting one section and landing in the drink... so frustrating. Kinda cool, though, sailing through the air and landing with a big splash and SURVIVING!!!! rolleyes.gif

Anyway, so far I have seen schools of fish, groups of jellyfish, turtles, and one dolphin.

I remember sharks, though, in Vice City, so I was running a little scared of those guys showing up outta nowhere.

Glad to know I will not be replaying any scenes from "Jaws". Life in San Andreas is exciting enough without swimming for your life from Bruce the Shark!

And all this activity is now paying off, btw, because CJ is now skinny and can date Helena. Hope this is worth it... lol.gif

RvdVit
  • RvdVit

Most sexy post located to the right. --->

• Members

Posted 12 July 2005 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE (stellak @ Jul 10 2005, 18:12)
I've been spending time in the water trying to finish Farewell, My Love. I keep overshooting one section and landing in the drink... so frustrating. Kinda cool, though, sailing through the air and landing with a big splash and SURVIVING!!!! rolleyes.gif

Anyway, so far I have seen schools of fish, groups of jellyfish, turtles, and one dolphin.

I remember sharks, though, in Vice City, so I was running a little scared of those guys showing up outta nowhere.

Glad to know I will not be replaying any scenes from "Jaws". Life in San Andreas is exciting enough without swimming for your life from Bruce the Shark!

And all this activity is now paying off, btw, because CJ is now skinny and can date Helena. Hope this is worth it... lol.gif

I've seen seals in Vice City lol.gif

(PS: If you're still stuck on that mission use the guide in my sig)

maf
  • maf

SA Junkie

• Members

Posted 12 July 2005 - 01:10 AM

Never seen any sharks in the water - a screenshot would convince me, otherwise...

I swam into the jellyfish too, thinking they would cause some minor health damage, but nothing. Oh well, can't have R* think of every little detail I suppose.

BlOoDStReAm101
  • BlOoDStReAm101

I am the night

• Members

Posted 13 July 2005 - 12:28 AM Edited by BlOoDStReAm101, 13 July 2005 - 12:36 AM.

user posted image
heres a screen shot in gta garage

this is the download link for it shark mod

shark topic
^^^^
this should be posted here

maf
  • maf

SA Junkie

• Members

Posted 13 July 2005 - 03:17 AM

Aha, a shark mod biggrin.gif

BlOoDStReAm101
  • BlOoDStReAm101

I am the night

• Members

Posted 13 July 2005 - 03:20 AM

yep..... a shark mod.......

ps: there is no sharks in SA only when u download the mod for it in PC

stellak
  • stellak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 July 2005 - 05:09 AM

Thanks for the offer, RvdVit, but I finished up the Farewell, My Love race finally and am now in San Fierro. Yay! I eventually followed the general GTA rule of driving fast but carefully, staying on the road, and letting the other drivers make their mistakes, allowing me to win.

And you can bet I will NOT be loading up the ol' shark mod!! rolleyes.gif

I was swimming in a river near Leafy Hollow tonight (went off on a failed bid for that darned courier) and that was very cool. Nice wooden bridge and the water was brownish but clear underwater, with jellyfish and other stuff, and NO sharks...

San Fierro is nice after all those days out in the woods. I bought a new shirt at Zip.

lol.gif

maf
  • maf

SA Junkie

• Members

Posted 13 July 2005 - 10:14 AM

A mate of mine said he saw a shark in the game without a mod, but I think he could be someone who mistakes a dolphin for a shark. Anyway...

I like the swimming feature of SA; it's something I wanted the most since GTA III. I like getting a sheriff's vehicle to follow me at high speed, then head for the nearest river - I'm glad peds don't swim biggrin.gif

I really like the different areas of the SA state, too: ghetto, city, woodland, another city, desert, desert city. Lots of interesting places to hang out and wander around in, jump in, jump off and over rahkstar2.gif

Kwisatz Haderach
  • Kwisatz Haderach

The whitest guy you will ever meet.

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 August 2005 - 03:25 AM

QUOTE (DaFrenk @ Jul 10 2005, 07:45)
Yeah, I ran into those evil squids hoping that they would do CJ harm (like in Michael Crichton's Sphere) but they're just not solid.
Pitty, but anyways cool that there is some sort of sea-life.

What squids?! Iv never heard f it before, i wanna find it!

maf
  • maf

SA Junkie

• Members

Posted 09 August 2005 - 03:20 AM

Jellyfish, I think is meant. Would've been good if swimming through them made CJ's health go down a little bit.

Psyko KeNT
  • Psyko KeNT

I'm Getting My Skrewdriver!

• Members

Posted 31 October 2005 - 01:50 AM

Sometime I wonder why would CJ be afraid of a shark? He has a range of heavy weapons to choose from... torture the shark with a knife? Or blow out it's innards with a heat-seeking RPG?

Oh. And yes, CJ is a coward... when it comes to Catalina. =D

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 31 October 2005 - 02:13 AM

In future please don't bump topics that are a month or more old thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users