» «
Photo

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STi

21 replies to this topic
Mav.
  • Mav.

Ghetto Star

• The Connection

Posted 09 July 2005 - 01:53 PM Edited by maverick01, 09 July 2005 - 02:46 PM.

Here is one of the first pics of the new 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STi.

user posted image

As you can see, Subaru have decided to design the headlights and grill completely diferently to what they have done with the previous models. Imo its looks absolutley f*cking awesome and much better than the other models. What are your thoughts on it?

D-Structo
  • D-Structo

Kapitan Paleta

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 July 2005 - 02:34 PM

i can't see your image. but i looked in Google for some:

user posted image

and in my opinion it's f*cking ugly. the grill design is absolutely terrible.

and here's the photo of the rearlights:

user posted image

it's looking like f*cking Honda or Seat on this one. cry.gif

overall impression: user posted image

true story.

Mav.
  • Mav.

Ghetto Star

• The Connection

Posted 09 July 2005 - 02:49 PM

@Destructo- I found this pic of the rearlights. I'm not sure which one is the final design. But I definately prefer these ones.

D-Structo
  • D-Structo

Kapitan Paleta

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 July 2005 - 02:59 PM

the design you shown is sooooo much better.

Celica144db
  • Celica144db

Venomous

• Members

Posted 09 July 2005 - 03:53 PM

I'm with Destructo on this one... That grill is f*cking rotten... The rest of the car looks good as always...

The small tail-lights don't look right, Hopefully they are using the bigger tail-lights from the other pic!

Martini Racing
  • Martini Racing

Procrastinator King.

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 July 2005 - 08:45 PM

The car in the very first pic has the same ridge over the rear fender as the pic of the large tailights, and a slightly different headlight design than the pics shown by Destructo. I hope they use the first one. And about the grille, It's much better than the B9 Tribeca, right? Yes, it is.

Young
  • Young

BNR32-014637

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 01:35 AM

The front of it look likes a f*cking Predator

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 10 July 2005 - 01:45 AM

Meh, ugly... They have been getting uglier... Doesn't look near as good as the 22b...

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 July 2005 - 01:50 AM

Fugly, I think Subaru have stooped to a new low, this is supposed to be a rally, street car right, then why does it look like it belongs on the Detroit car show floor, along with all the other corny concepts.

Enough said

Trueno_Drifter86
  • Trueno_Drifter86

The failure of the family and proud of it!

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 02:35 AM

I loved the previous impreza's this 1 i dun like the front as much en the smaller tail lights but the other pic of the larger tail light's is damn sexy sumthin ive never thought about impreza's even though i love em i just think their awsome

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 06:44 AM

user posted image

They must redesign the grill, now. Apart from that, it's nice, but i'd prefer a fresh tailight design.

MindCorrupt
  • MindCorrupt

iCorrupt

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 10 July 2005 - 12:36 PM

Yeah, i hate the grill also. Had a shot at getting rid of the triangle part of it and the dip in the bumper that went with it. Got bored and made some decent orange indicators too ph34r.gif

user posted image

*gta star*
  • *gta star*

Z Man - Veteran Z member

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2005 - 12:58 PM

I have to say that there is certainly an improvement by the looks of the car, I don't like the back of it though. Overall, I would say that its a nice car.

Got any interior pics? confused.gif

Macintire Sniper
  • Macintire Sniper

irRashonel

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 02:16 PM

Hmm cant say im liking the middle grill section, the picture ed posted without the grill makes it look much better. I still like the car overall though.

VTEC_Fiend
  • VTEC_Fiend

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 July 2005 - 01:18 AM

The interior appears to be the same as the 2005 (where it was already updated from '04). This is just a face lift and get use to the grill because Subaru is probably going to use it on many of there products to give themselves a trademark look. The new chief designer hired by Subaru (responsible for this project) previously worked for Alfa-Romeo. His work can be a little obvious in the grill design, but alot of the design is made to represent that of an aircraft where Subaru originated its roots in. I am interested in seeing the North American version's specifications when it debuts here. I hope to see some decent horsepower increases in both the WRX and WRX STi. The base WRX is rumoured to get rid of the 2.0L turbo boxer engine in exchange for a 2.5L turbo boxer (in North America). I am assuming they will use the same engine with the same output as the Legacy GT if they do this (250 hp/250 lb-ft of torque). I will also guess that the STi will get a horsepower increase from 300 to 310-320.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 11 July 2005 - 02:50 AM

Ok who hit the WRX with the ugly stick? Really that is just god damm awful give me the current model anyday. I must say that the first major redesign of the WRX, ie. the bug eyed one at first made me vomit with digust but I soon learned to like it so that may be the case with this one although I doubt it lol.

VTEC_Fiend
  • VTEC_Fiend

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 July 2005 - 05:32 AM

Ok who hit the WRX with the ugly stick?

His name would be Andreas Zapatinas. Previously at Alfa-Romeo, he seems to be giving the Alfa center grill look to all upcoming Subies, which right now can also be seen on this as well as the new B9 Tribeca SUV. Personally, I have to say I am liking the look, but I see beauty in all cars...

kevin2006rhs
  • kevin2006rhs

host of delete key

• The Connection

Posted 11 July 2005 - 05:51 AM

I see the beauity in the '06 Impreza WRX STi, but I only see a beautiful chassis, engine, and AWD system hidden below am ugly bumper.

I cant say I personally like the styling but, who cares. I never see the grill of my car when I drive it so what is there to stop me from driving this. Besides, I bet you that you can just take the body panels and swap them with an 2005's simply sly.gif

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 11 July 2005 - 07:08 AM

The "nose cone" as I like to put it is the only thing making me not like this new design, it makes it look to rounded at the front. Therre's no doubting that its still got the balls for performance and handling but just with an ugly front bumper/grille.

7thHeaven
  • 7thHeaven

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 July 2005 - 10:26 AM

A huge improvement ont he last design and looks awsome i like the Subaru Impeza a lot more than the Mitsubishi Evo anyhow.

MindCorrupt
  • MindCorrupt

iCorrupt

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 11 July 2005 - 10:34 AM

Why dont they just call it an alfa romeo then...cus if that rear pic (in the second post or something) is real, then its just like the AR 156.

user posted image
user posted image

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 11 July 2005 - 11:02 AM

I agree with Tchuck, ever since the 22B was released they have gone badly downhil in regards to aesthetic qualities. Each version that is released just gets worse and worse. Who know's what they will come up with next but I can't really see the car design getting great reviews. With the 22B they had a good base to work around and the end up further down the line with a version looking like this.

Front lights, rear lights, nose all looks out of place. Like all car manufacturers of today they are trying to pull off the more shapely car instead of a more boxy version such as the 22B for example. Like all car manufacturers these days they cannot pull it off in my opinion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users