Photo

[REL | THREAD] heli magnet

52 replies to this topic
GodGell
  • GodGell

shlurp my burger, sir

• Members

Posted 08 July 2005 - 07:55 PM

hi there. smile.gif i've been working on a small mod just to get used to scripting in SA, and it's been done for a week or so, i just thought i'd post it here to make it "official". smile.gif

so, here it is. the mod loops until the player enters a Leviathan, Hunter, Maverick, VCN Maverick, Police Maverick, Cargobob or Raindance helicopter, and when [s]he does, the mod enables the "skycrane" magnet for the helicopter. in case you didnt know it's a big magnet hanging from a cable that you can lower/raise with your special function keys, that can be attached to cars (and maybe bikes) and pressing ctrl will release the car. you can even land and get into the car yourself and control the magnet remotely. it can be very fun. for example, you can pick up a police car full of peds and dump them into the sea, or, for more fun, take them up to mt. chiliad, drop them, then jump out of the helicopter (with a parachute of course), follow them and see them get splattered. biggrin.gif
of course there are more "mature" uses for it too but i don't bother describing them here. smile.gif

if you're interested, you can grab it in 2 forms: one is a main.scm which is all original except it has this mod in it, and you can download a very small stripped version's source code. you can get both of them from GTAGarage.

due to requests i'll merge this mod into SANGA if/when i get permission from SANGA's authors.

gtasanandreasmaster
  • gtasanandreasmaster

SAN ANDREAS !!!!!!!!!!&a

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 July 2005 - 08:04 PM

nice!

GodGell
  • GodGell

shlurp my burger, sir

• Members

Posted 08 July 2005 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (gtasanandreasmaster @ Jul 8 2005, 22:04)
nice!

smile.gif thanks!

any suggestions/reviews/ideas? biggrin.gif

Quadropheniac90
  • Quadropheniac90

Confused Clown

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 08 July 2005 - 08:35 PM

What do you mean the magnet can be controlled remotely? Do you mean like when you're sitting in a car, you can raise yourself? Don't understand it...

Picallo RIP
  • Picallo RIP

Zombies Rule!

• Members

Posted 08 July 2005 - 09:31 PM

hey is there a version of this for Vice City?

GodGell
  • GodGell

shlurp my burger, sir

• Members

Posted 09 July 2005 - 09:22 AM

QUOTE (teun.steenbekkers @ Jul 8 2005, 22:35)
What do you mean the magnet can be controlled remotely? Do you mean like when you're sitting in a car, you can raise yourself? Don't understand it...

yes, if in a car that is attached to a heli magnet, you can remotely raise/lower the magnet or release yourself. it's a weird idea but it's not mine - it's hardcoded.

hey is there a version of this for Vice City?

in short, nope.

in a bit more detail: this mod doesn't implement the magnet - it just enables it. the magnet's phisics and all that stuff is hardcoded, and i don't think it could be done in Vice or LC without an exe modification.

but if i think about it, there were cranes at the dock in LC that could pick up stuff (you could sell emergency vehicles with it), so maybe the magnet phisics were already implemented there, but as i've said, it'd require an exe mod to be used.

Suicicoo
  • Suicicoo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 July 2005 - 12:38 PM

but... erm... who is steering the heli if you get out? ._o

GodGell
  • GodGell

shlurp my burger, sir

• Members

Posted 09 July 2005 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (Suicicoo @ Jul 9 2005, 14:38)
but... erm... who is steering the heli if you get out? ._o

lol, noone, but obviously if you just jump out of the heli in the air you can't get into the car. smile.gif
of course you could try to do that too - good luck biggrin.gif - but what i meant was land somewhere with a car attached, get in the car and you can control the magnet.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2005 - 10:35 PM

The VCN Maverick is called "News Chopper" in San An because VCN stand for "Vice City News", just to let you know.

copperx
  • copperx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 03:16 AM

hey i'm not tryin to offend you but you should put a notice or something with it because my savegame wont work with it(well not with any modded scm file)and tell people to back it up cause some people won't know to do that i learned that the hard way.

GodGell
  • GodGell

shlurp my burger, sir

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 04:56 AM

QUOTE (spaceeinstein @ Jul 10 2005, 00:35)
The VCN Maverick is called "News Chopper" in San An because VCN stand for "Vice City Ne
ws", just to let you know.

thanks for the info - i never found one and the handling.cfg entry is st
ill called VCNMAV so i thought there's still a vcn maverick in SA. smile.gif

QUOTE (copperx)
hey i'm not tryin to offend you but you should put a notice or something with it because my savegame wont work with it(well not with any modded
scm file)and tell people to back it up cause some people won't know to do that i learned that the hard way.

i'm sorry, but it's obvious - it's a main.scm mod. so many information is stored in savegames from main.
scm that loading a savegame with a different main.scm will simply crash the game. that's why people are requesting the SANGA-integrated version.

RainingAcid
  • RainingAcid

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 July 2005 - 10:32 PM

Mind if I include this in my farewell mod?

GodGell
  • GodGell

shlurp my burger, sir

• Members

Posted 13 July 2005 - 10:38 PM Edited by GodGell, 13 July 2005 - 10:41 PM.

QUOTE (RainingAcid @ Jul 14 2005, 00:32)
Mind if I include this in my farewell mod?

you can use the source code any way you want, provided you give me credit for it in the readme or something. smile.gif

derandere
  • derandere

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 July 2005 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (GodGell @ Jul 8 2005, 19:55)
due to requests i'll merge this mod into SANGA if/when i get permission from SANGA's authors.

Just a short extract from the SANGA mod readme:

"This is a work in progress, but I invite anyone to use this as a base for their own work, provided they acknowledge the original author was myself. "

So, GodGell what ya waitin' for - christmas?

Anyways thumbs up that's pretty much the only mod that I think usefull, so thank you.

GodGell
  • GodGell

shlurp my burger, sir

• Members

Posted 14 July 2005 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE (derandere @ Jul 14 2005, 16:22)

"This is a work in progress, but I invite anyone to use this as a base for their own work, provided they acknowledge the original author was myself. "

Anyways thumbs up that's pretty much the only mod that I think usefull, so thank you.

biggrin.gif
yes, Opius already told me that smile.gif - the problem is the source included with SANGA is a stripped version, and the SANGA main.scm can't be decompiled properly (f*cked up label reference), so i can't really do it until Opius gives me the full source code or something. smile.gif once i have it, i just have to put my single thread into it, then the create_thread at the beginning, and that's all. smile.gif

DDR Midian
  • DDR Midian

<3 Banshee

• Members

Posted 14 July 2005 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE (GodGell @ Jul 14 2005, 14:30)

biggrin.gif
yes, Opius already told me that smile.gif - the problem is the source included with SANGA is a stripped version, and the SANGA main.scm can't be decompiled properly (f*cked up label reference), so i can't really do it until Opius gives me the full source code or something. smile.gif once i have it, i just have to put my single thread into it, then the create_thread at the beginning, and that's all. smile.gif

I waited 10 minutes for this page to load and you still don't have the source code sad.gif

At least I have something to look forward to.

GodGell
  • GodGell

shlurp my burger, sir

• Members

Posted 15 July 2005 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE (DDR Midian @ Jul 14 2005, 22:42)
QUOTE (GodGell @ Jul 14 2005, 14:30)

biggrin.gif

I waited 10 minutes for this page to load and you still don't have the source code sad.gif

At least I have something to look forward to.

next time i meet Opius again on #gtamodding, i'll ask him (her?) for the source code.

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci

Posted 15 July 2005 - 12:56 AM

It's a bug with Barton's decompiler. If you can't compile with my mod included, you won't be able to compile without it. Try it.

tux.coder
  • tux.coder

Mission Coder@GTA:SOL

• Members

Posted 18 July 2005 - 08:04 PM

When i realized R* enabled magnet just for 1 mission, i got really angry.Anyways, that's a good idea.But i think you don't need to enable the magnet again and again.Here's a little bit longer version:

(Note: i don't like cheating; magnet is leviathn's speciality.So if you want other choppers to have a magnet, add their names below line 00DD: )

:skycrane_main
0001: wait 5000 ms
00D6: if 0
0256: player $PLAYER_CHAR defined
004D: jump if false ££skycrane_main
00DD: actor $PLAYER_ACTOR driving vehicle type #LEVIATHN
03C0: $crane_heli = actor $PLAYER_ACTOR car
0788: enable heli $crane_heli magnet 1

:skycrane_loop
0001: wait 2000 ms
80DD: NOT actor $PLAYER_ACTOR driving vehicle type #LEVIATHN
004D: jump if false ££skycrane_loop
0788: enable heli $crane_heli magnet 0
0002: jump ££skycrane_main

GodGell
  • GodGell

shlurp my burger, sir

• Members

Posted 19 July 2005 - 02:38 PM Edited by GodGell, 19 July 2005 - 02:48 PM.

i know that, but there's a reason why i have done it the way i did, and that's simlicity. the original code's shorter and more simple, which is why i prefer it. smile.gif and since the heli magnet is just a flag to be set, setting it over and over again won't actually do anything.

QUOTE (Opius)
It's
a bug with Barton's decompiler. If you can't compile with my mod included, you won't be able to compile without it. Try it.

i can compile the original main.scm with and without my mod, but i can't compile your main.scm because there is a f*cked up label reference in it. so if you sent me the original code that didn't go through the decompiler i could put my mod in it and people would at last have their SANGA + heli magnet mod. biggrin.gif

Dan87
  • Dan87

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 July 2005 - 02:23 PM

could some one post a screen shot of this mod ?

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2005 - 02:45 PM

Do the mission "Up, Up, and Away". It's the exact same thing. If you haven't even gone that far, look at the guide for Las Venturas in GTASanAndreas.net.

GTASan Andreas CJ Rules
  • GTASan Andreas CJ Rules

ARMax_King

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 28 July 2005 - 05:50 PM

@GodHell
Can i PLEASE have your mod in mine. Its Called SA AUTO. Its a lot of mods compiled and a few of my additions. This would make my mod a lot better as my mod is all about vehicles.

GodGell
  • GodGell

shlurp my burger, sir

• Members

Posted 28 July 2005 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (GTASan Andreas CJ Rules @ Jul 28 2005, 19:50)
@GodHell
Can i PLEASE have your mod in mine. Its Called SA AUTO. Its a lot of mods compiled and a few of my additions. This would make my mod a lot better as my mod is all about vehicles.

of course, if you mention me in the readme/credits/etc. smile.gif and of course if you get my name right... biggrin.gif (i'm GodGell, not GodHell smile.gif )

Neoviper
  • Neoviper

Cooooooobra!

• Members

Posted 30 July 2005 - 12:44 PM

Hey, ive been watching this mod with great interest since it first appeared and have tryed it out a lot in different multi mods. and ive been wondering two things. Is it possible to edit the code to allow for heavier vehicles too be picked up?. and has anyone else had a problem with the up, up and away mission?.
Thanks.

GodGell
  • GodGell

shlurp my burger, sir

• Members

Posted 31 July 2005 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (Neoviper @ Jul 30 2005, 14:44)
Hey, ive been watching this mod with great interest since it first appeared and have tryed it out a lot in different multi mods. and ive been wondering two things. Is it possible to edit the code to allow for heavier vehicles too be picked up?. and has anyone else had a problem with the up, up and a
way mission?.
Thanks.

there's no need to change the code for that. see the handling.cfg file which contains all vehicle specs. just make the helicopter(s) stronger (give them more thrust) and they should be able to lift heavier stuff. smile.gif

HKB
  • HKB

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 31 July 2005 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE (tux.coder @ Jul 18 2005, 20:04)
When i realized R* enabled magnet just for 1 mission, i got really angry.Anyways, that's a good idea.But i think you don't need to enable the magnet again and again.Here's a little bit longer version:

(Note: i don't like cheating; magnet is leviathn's speciality.So if you want other choppers to have a magnet, add their names below line 00DD: )

0001: wait 5000 ms
0256: player $PLAYER_CHAR defined
00DD: actor $PLAYER_ACTOR driving vehicle type #LEVIATHN
0788: enable heli $crane_heli magnet 1

0001: wait 2000 ms
80DD: NOT actor $PLAYER_ACTOR driving vehicle type #LEVIATHN
0788: enable heli $crane_heli magnet 0

where do you ad this code in the main.scm?

and do you have to start over to make this work...

GodGell
  • GodGell

shlurp my burger, sir

• Members

Posted 31 July 2005 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE (HKB @ Jul 31 2005, 21:42)
QUOTE (tux.coder @ Jul 18 2005, 20:04)

0001: wait  5000 ms
00D6: if  0
0256:  player $PLAYER_CHAR defined
00DD:  actor $PLAYER_ACTOR driving vehicle type #LEVIATHN
0788: enable heli $crane_heli magnet  1

0001: wait  2000 ms
80DD:  NOT  actor $PLAYER_ACTOR driving vehicle type #LEVIATHN
0788: enable heli $crane_heli magnet  0

where do you ad this code in the main.scm?

and do you have to start over to make this work...

you should add that code to the same place where you would add mine. smile.gif
and until someone figures stuff out about savegames, all scm mods will require you to start a new game.

HKB
  • HKB

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 31 July 2005 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (GodGell @ Jul 31 2005, 19:50)
you should add that code to the same place where you would add mine. smile.gif

and where wouldt that be?

Neoviper
  • Neoviper

Cooooooobra!

• Members

Posted 01 August 2005 - 02:54 AM

Ah so, you see i know nothing about coding. So can you edit the individual helicopters? for instance i'd imagine the Cargo Bob to have the most thrust.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users