92 replies to this topic
GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (Target13 @ Friday, Apr 5 2013, 22:54)
GTA 3 is a reboot to gta1,london & gta 2, so
Cluade Speed from GTA 2 doesnt exsist in the
GTA 3 universe (3D Universe) its like how Liberty City changed in GTA 4, becuase GTA 4 was a reboot to GTA 3, the Cluade from GTA 3 is another person.

I Agree.

Basically, From Day One I have always held the same opinion in that Claude from GTA III is different to that of 2.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTA V/Online Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/19081/asked-answered-max-payne-3-la-noire-red-dead-and-more.html)
“Hello, I just want to know if Claude Speed (GTA 2) and Claude (GTA III) are the same person. So, are they the same person? Anyway, thanks for all fun you guys are giving me with these games, I'm a BIG FAN of the Grand Theft Auto series and Red Dead Redemption!” - received via Mouthoff

Probably. It seems very likely but it’s also possible that there are just a lot of angry silent car thieves called Claude out there

QUOTE (http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/19861/grand-theft-auto-iii-your-questions-answered-part-one-claude-dar.html)
There are many references to GTAIII characters and brands (El Burro graffiti in LC for example) in GTAIV, but do any characters (other than Lazlow) actually exist within both 'universes'? Is that where Donald Love went? Did he hop dimensions into the GTAIV universe?! Plot twist!! Are the two universes completely separate? I understand it'd make almost no sense having two Liberty City's but is there any way we'll see characters from GTAIII return? GTAIV has some amazing characters, but some of the characters in the III era are just unforgettable.

El Burro is referenced as he was also referenced in GTA 1, so it felt appropriate that he should cross “universes” – the “universes” are the worlds interpreted at different definitions, 2d, 3d and high definition, so we felt brands and radio / back ground characters would exist in both, but 3 dimensional characters would not. This is the logic (as far as it could be considered logical) behind it – so no, we don’t believe any GTA3 characters could exist in the GTA4 universe.

Both statements are somehow contradicting each other. At the end of the day, I would say that it's the decision of each fan whether Claude Speed from GTA2 and Claude from GTA III are the same person or not. By the logic of the "Grand Theft Auto III: Your Questions Answered – Part One (Claude, Darkel & Other Characters)"-article, Claude from GTA2 and GTA III are not the same person because the former one would belong to the 2D-era while the latter one would belong to the 3D-era.

Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:12 PM

user posted image

user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users