• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Vehicle 2012 [HD GTA Cars]

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:47 AM

QUOTE (chapapote @ Jan 26 2008, 21:04)
QUOTE (yngve @ Aug 13 2005, 22:31)
QUOTE (Opiteilsm @ Aug 12 2005, 17:16)
Have you watched that GTA2 movie on the website? Claude gets killed whilst trying to nick a car.

Killed? He gets shot. Just like in the intro of GTA3. Does'nt necessarily mean that he dies.

Three times in GTA 2, only once in GTA 3. suicidal.gif There is a difference.

Dude, how the f*ck can you play as him throughout the entire game if he died in the intro? HE DIDNT DIE.

QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

Ceci n'est pas une pipe, c'est le logo de Rockstar

• Members

Posted 18 February 2008 - 02:54 AM

Oh god... Why does everyone think they are the same person? Grow up people.
And why are you guys answering to a 3-year-old topic?

unopieceo
  • unopieceo

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Vehicle 2012 [HD GTA Cars]

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:05 PM

FFS he IS the same person, why would rockstar have two different people in thier series with the same name and appearence?

Body Politic
  • Body Politic

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:32 PM

We'll never know if they really are the same people. I mean, R* could've just been f*cking around in GTA III because they didn't want to make a completely new model for the player.

OtaconPliskin
  • OtaconPliskin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:29 AM

QUOTE (OtaconPliskin @ Feb 17 2008, 18:37)
From the things that I've read online;

Claude Speed time-line wise is first introduced in San Andreas via Catalina, this is also where his name is revealed.

After that, They move to Liberty City, Claude is shot, Vendetta ensues, etc etc.

After Liberty City--Claude is presumably caught up in something bad, and at this time Cryogenics have been perfected (If anyone has any proof that this Cryogenics thing is real, It'd be much appreciated (I'm just going based on a few things I've read at semi-credible sources) ) and Claude is frozen in an attempt to be rehabilitated and sent back into the real world. Something goes wrong with the re-programming function of the cryogenics, and Claude is turned into a stronger, faster, better criminal.
He is finally released in 2013 (Proven by the official GTA2 website) and goes on his prolific crime spree in Anywhere City, USA (For the longest time I thought GTA2 was set in Liberty..Ah well)

If we're to go based on the movie, Claude Speed is either killed or injured at the end of his crime spree in GTA2 (However, Considering he survived a shotgun blast at close range, his death is anyones guess)

Now, I heard someone found a gravestone of Claudes somewhere, Proof, Pictures, What game did you find it in? Anything. Because I'd be interested in precisely what date he died.

Still curious about someones previous mention of a gravestone, and if anyone can add anything to my hypothesis here, it'd be much appreciated to help us further understand this rather interesting character.

Streetman
  • Streetman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2008 - 12:12 PM

No matter, what the version of GTA this person is in.
Claude Speed never outgunned - he is a perfect criminal of all computergaming world.
Shots are shots, but Claude is Claude.

Bitola
  • Bitola

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 October 2008 - 10:40 AM

No matter the opinions, Claude is the cover of GTA itself along with his Stallion! cool.gif

ItWasntMe
  • ItWasntMe

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:08 PM

And on top of that, Claude Speed from the GTa 2 videos is none other than Jack Branning from Eastenders!

*runs, hides*

PS Sorry thats been on my mind for ages now, had to get it out!

Cronyne
  • Cronyne

^ That's a squirrel, not a cat. >_>

• Members

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:33 PM

Well if I'm correct R* didn't have a name for Fido till people began speculating the GTA 2 connection, which they soon said "ah hell, give it to them."

Of course, it isn't the most reliable source...

markiij
  • markiij

Anywhere City, 3 weeks in the future

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:51 PM Edited by markiij, 12 November 2008 - 03:56 PM.

QUOTE (kippers. @ Jul 10 2005, 22:57)
QUOTE (Dan! @ Jul 10 2005, 22:31)
Didn't the video intro say 2005 on the screen or something?
Or was it Claude's gravestone that said that? I don't really remember.

Claude died? nervous.gif

YEah, he died in the end of the intro movie wink.gif .

Well if I'm correct R* didn't have a name for Fido till people began speculating the GTA 2 connection, which they soon said "ah hell, give it to them."

Of course, it isn't the most reliable source...

No, his name's always been claude. In some of the unused game code fans found out that rockstar planned to be able to choose your own name. I you didn't the default "Claude" would be used wink.gif .

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• GTA Series Staff
  • None

Posted 13 November 2008 - 06:50 AM

In the mission script for GTA2 Industrial level, the player is called shaft.

PLAYER_PED shaft = ( 96.0 , 126.5 , 255.0 ) 25 0

Molotok
  • Molotok

K.G.B. Agent

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:46 PM

Well, Claude Speed of GTA 2 IS NOT Claude of GTA 3.

Look more clear, he doesnt look like Claude Speed and isn´t even named Speed only Claude. So it can´t be Claude Speed!
And if Claude is already in San Andreas 1992...GTA2 is in 2013.. ehm and Anywhere City...ehm absolutely nothing to do with GTA 3, in my opinion ;O.

Jordy.
  • Jordy.

Matty?

• Members

Posted 27 December 2008 - 09:04 PM

Claude Speed is Jack Branning from Eastenders icon14.gif

Nova69_7
  • Nova69_7

WEDNESDAY TIL I DIE!!!

• Members

Posted 28 December 2008 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (ItWasntMe @ Nov 12 2008, 15:08)
And on top of that, Claude Speed from the GTa 2 videos is none other than Jack Branning from Eastenders!

*runs, hides*

PS Sorry thats been on my mind for ages now, had to get it out!

Haha!!! I was hoping to find that nobody had mentioned that coz I wanted to be the first to say that! Oh well...You beat me to it too Jordy well done! Scott Maslen is cool.

Honestly? Who gives a $h1t if he's the same Claude or not? I've seen the video and I know he gets gunned down at the end but it's set three weeks into the future so it's OK. We never found out GTAIII Claude's second name - he is just Claude so it may be the same one it may not.

GTA IV is set in a different 'universe' than GTAIII right? So just assume GTA2 is a different universe too then that solves the arguement.

Sunumi
  • Sunumi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 January 2009 - 06:42 PM

ok i see that you are all having a big argument "did he die?" well if i remember correctly he did not die. when he was shot he fell into a coma and he forgot stuf such as who he is etc. i hope this helps and if it doesent then do this ----> turn.gif sigh.gif suicidal.gif

markiij
  • markiij

Anywhere City, 3 weeks in the future

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE (Molotok @ Dec 22 2008, 23:46)
Well, Claude Speed of GTA 2 IS NOT Claude of GTA 3.

Look more clear, he doesnt look like Claude Speed and isn´t even named Speed only Claude. So it can´t be Claude Speed!
And if Claude is already in San Andreas 1992...GTA2 is in 2013.. ehm and Anywhere City...ehm absolutely nothing to do with GTA 3, in my opinion ;O.

nah, i think he does look a bit liek the gta2 intro movie guy and that r* never told us his last name doesn't mean it cant be Speed.

Cursed
  • Cursed

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:41 PM

If it is Claude Speed in GTAIII, San Andreas and GTA2 then he has managed to stay young for a long time.

SekShuN 9
  • SekShuN 9

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:04 AM

Just a suggestion, but my theory of claude dying in gta 2 is this. The intro shows many things, all of which will eventually happen in the game. Beginning, chased by mob (game: maybe he shot them, or pissed them off), jacked a car(game:...jacked a car), gets chased by assassin(game: i think that can happen?). Sells drugs(game: missions), attempts to jack another car, gets shot, falls over(game: no matter how good you are at this game, it will happen, this represents being wasted).

Wanted Assailant
  • Wanted Assailant

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 March 2009 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (Cursed @ Jan 3 2009, 19:41)
If it is Claude Speed in GTAIII, San Andreas and GTA2 then he has managed to stay young for a long time.

Claude in GTA2 is awaken from a cryonic sleep. He could of been frozen in by the more later times of III.

George Brosnan
  • George Brosnan

Bring It, Fool.

• Members

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:33 AM

This is how the life of Claude Speed Goes:

He has apeared in 3 Grand theft auto games, our first look at claude is in GTA2, BUT this is actualy his last escapade, his first escapade is in Grand Theft auto: San Andreas, Where he meats Catalina, the main antagonist of GTA III, Claude and Catalina move to Liberty City soon after they meet in Grand theft auto: San Andreas.
9 Years later, the events of Grand Theft Auto III take place in liberty city, where he is betrayed by Catalina in the opening cut scene, but Claude does kill her in the mission "The Exchange".
Then Claude goes into a Cryonic sleep and is woken deep into the future, and finally the events of GTA2 take place.

JoshGTAfreak
  • JoshGTAfreak

Homie

• Members

Posted 14 March 2009 - 01:24 PM

Has anyone realized that him and Catalina are with each other for ages. it doesn't really fit Catalina's character.

Eddie Fuck the World
  • Eddie Fuck the World

The Bad Guy

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:25 AM

It seems everyone's forgot about Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. In Vice City 1 of the movie posters features an adult Claude. And if you look closely in GTA 2 the movie it says that Claude's 28. If GTA VC is set in 1986, GTA III is set in 2001, and GTA 2 is supposedly set in 2013 that would make it impossible for Claude to be Claude Speed. Even if he was cryogenically frozen, that would mean that GTA III Claude would be 14 or 15 in 2001.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

GTA IV legend

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:16 AM

QUOTE (Eddie f*ck the World @ Monday, Jan 2 2012, 11:25)
It seems everyone's forgot about Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. In Vice City 1 of the movie posters features an adult Claude. And if you look closely in GTA 2 the movie it says that Claude's 28. If GTA VC is set in 1986, GTA III is set in 2001, and GTA 2 is supposedly set in 2013 that would make it impossible for Claude to be Claude Speed. Even if he was cryogenically frozen, that would mean that GTA III Claude would be 14 or 15 in 2001.

Nice bump. confused.gif

The poster of Claude in VC was nothing more than an easteregg.

Zedane
  • Zedane

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Monday, Jan 2 2012, 01:16)
QUOTE (Eddie f*ck the World @ Monday, Jan 2 2012, 11:25)

Nice bump. confused.gif

The poster of Claude in VC was nothing more than an easteregg.

Certainly an Easter egg. Claude Speed was first introduced in San Andreas. Yes, he died in GTA2 but the year in GTA2 is long after GTAIII and that too, they are in different era's.

Buffalo Soldier
  • Buffalo Soldier

The Man Himself.

• Members

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:01 AM

The legend that is, Jack Branning in EastEnders.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Dealux (ΛΓ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE (Eddie f*ck the World @ Monday, Jan 2 2012, 03:25)
Even if he was cryogenically frozen, that would mean that GTA III Claude would be 14 or 15 in 2001.

If he was frozen he wouldn't have aged, he would have stayed whatever age he was. But I don't know where people are digging this stuff, they are not the same person in the sense that the character does not cross cannons, GTA 3 Claude Speed is just based on the protagonist of GTA2.

You can read some official info from R* here: http://www.rockstarg...claude-dar.html

Irrational
  • Irrational

Federação das Américas

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:48 PM

They are the same person.

1992: Claude meets Catalina, and then, they go to Liberty City.
2001: Catalina betrays Claude, and then, Claude kills her for revenge.
XXXX: Something happens, and then, Claude is in the Cryogenic Sleep.
2005: Claude is unfrozed, and moved to Anywhere City, USA.
2013: The events of GTA 2 happen, and then, Claude dies.

TomJK
  • TomJK

Tomxj

• Members

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:14 PM

Wtf people are you talking about? Claude speed from GTA 2 is not the same person from GTA III and SA because the games are set in different eras and people from other era games doesnt appear in other eras games.

Irrational
  • Irrational

Federação das Américas

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE (TomJK @ Wednesday, Jun 27 2012, 12:14)
Wtf people are you talking about? Claude speed from GTA 2 is not the same person from GTA III and SA because the games are set in different eras and people from other era games doesnt appear in other eras games.

Say that to El Burro.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users