» «
Photo

The Import/Export Guide

39 replies to this topic
DidierSucks
  • DidierSucks

Prophet of Trashcat

• Members

Posted 07 July 2005 - 01:59 AM Edited by DidierSucks, 11 July 2005 - 12:28 AM.

Everyone else important has made a guide, so I figured it's my turn to make one. I see a fair number of requests for locations of cars on the Import/Export lists, so it seemed a natural oppurtunity...

To unlock the Import/Export list, you must complete the mission "Customs Fast Track", given to you by Cesar. This is the third mission in his series of missions in San Fierro. In this mission, Cesar and CJ head down to the docks to take a car which has arrived on a ship. You must use the large yellow crane to take shipping crates off of the ship. Use X to lower the magnet, square to raise it. To release the magnet from a car or a box, press L1 . Place the crates on the ground before you release them, or else they may break open and at that point you fail the mission. The car, a Jester, is always in the third crate.

Following this mission, the Import/Export missions will be unlocked. You must "export" cars listed on a wishlist located near the crane and the ship. This is done like the mission "Customs Fast Track" except you take the car off the ground, and put it on a circular red marker on the deck of the ship. The wishlist is located just beyond the crane, near the drydock in which the NRG Challenge takes place. It seems to be a chalkboard. The wishlist has ten cars on it which you must find. After you find the ten cars on the list, the list will be cleared and a new one will appear. Find those ten cars, and yet another list will appear. This is the last list. There are 30 cars total, ten for each of the three lists.

For each vehicle you export, you will receive a cash reward. But you must be careful, because you will lose money proportional to the damage on the vehicle. It should be noted that there is a Pay N' Spray very close to the I/E crane, beside Wang Autos. Make use of this if your car is damaged. The cost of $100 will certainly pay itself off if the vehicle is damaged at all. Be careful driving to the crane. I've found that taking the train tracks is a good way to go, as you can follow the tracks to the I/E crane when you reach the Doherty Train Station. But don't forget, you only have to go around the corner from the Crane to find a Pay N' Spray. The value of the cars decreases quite significantly with damage, so I must stress the importance of repairing them before you export them. Also, do be careful when using the crane and don't smack the vehicle into the ship or drop it onto the deck. Also, you cannot increase your cash reward beyond the starting value by moding it.

Once you have exported a car, it becomes available to import, at a cost. When you import a car, it appears on the deck of the ship. Use the crane to take it off, or I suppose you could drive it down the stairs. A vehicle can only be imported on a certain day of the week. In addition, for every five cars that you export, an extra car will be available to be importing.

To import a car, you must walk up to the wishlist and press triangle , which will bring up a list of days. It will also move the selector (a bold text) to the day it currently is. Press X to select a day, and view the cars which are available to import on that day. When the car you want to import is available on your current game day (which you can discover by pressing L1 when not in a vehicle or targeting anyone. It will bring up a box, and the day will be a three letter word in the bottom corner), select it with X and it will appear on the deck of the ship where you put a vehicle to export.

The Lists are as follows:

List One

• Patriot
  • Sanchez
  • Stretch
  • Feltzer
  • Remington
  • Buffalo
  • Sentinel
  • Infernus
  • Camper
  • Admiral

List Two

• Slamvan
  • Blista Compact
  • Stafford
  • Sabre
  • FCR-900
  • Cheetah
  • Rancher
  • Stallion
  • Tanker
  • Comet

List Three

• Blade
  • Freeway
  • Mesa
  • ZR-350
  • Euros
  • Banshee
  • Super GT
  • Journey
  • Huntley
  • BF Injection

You also start with the Jester, the Club and the Perennial available for Import. The extra imports are as follows:
  • 5 Cars: Monster
  • 10 Cars: Windsor
  • 15 Cars: Bandito
  • 20 Cars: Turismo
  • 25 Cars: Vortex
  • 30 Cars: Bullet
Before I actually get started, this is roughly where the wishlist is located. The ship is right beside that red line, which also happens to be the tracks that the crane rides on.

user posted image

Now for the real meat of this guide, the locations.

List One:

Patriot: Here Here Here

Sanchez: Here (These are all over the countryside as well, along with many other parked locations which I may add later)

Stretch: Here (This is by the street races marker thing, between Wang Autos and the Pay N' Spray. This is a somewhat rare spawn, but they can be seen driving all over Rodeo and nearly everywhere in San Fierro. It is also locked sometimes. You can push it into the Doherty garage to unlock it.)

Feltzer: Here (May be locked. Just drive away and come back after a minute)

Remington: Here

Buffalo: Here Here Here

Sentinel: Here

Infernus: Here

Camper: Here Here Here

Admiral: Here

List Two:

Slamvan: Here

Blista Compact: Here

Stafford: Here

Sabre: Here

FCR-900: Here (Requires Silvers in Bike School) Here

Cheetah: Here

Rancher: Here

Stallion: Here

Tanker: Here Here Here Here (In the last link, both vehicles are Tankers. Just the cab is required, not the trailer)

Comet: Here

List Three:

Blade: Here (Both are Blades)

Freeway: Here Here Here (Third location requires bronzes in bike school)

Mesa: Here

ZR-350: Here Here (In the second location, both are ZR-350's)

Euros: Here (This is in the parking lot of the Camel Toe)

Banshee: Here Here

Super GT: Here Here Here

Journey: Here Here Here (In the third location, all four are Journey's)

Huntley: Here

BF Injection: Here Here Here Here Here Here

Questions

Mikerush76 (is there really any use to import and can you get more cars to show up at your autoshop that way?)

~~~As far as the use of importing cars, some cars could be considered "difficult" to find, such as a Monster or a Turismo, and the ability to import them makes finding them slightly easier. Monsters, of course, can be spawned with a cheat. A monster also shows up at Michelle's garage when you date her to 50% (I think) and when you complete the 8-Track in Los Santos. Turismo's drive around The Strip, but I'm not absolutely sure about San Fierro or Los Santos. For the second part of your question, no, the Import/Export missions after Customs Fast Track do not add vehicles to the autoshop.

Cartoon Corpse (import means you buy it right? then what happens? just a way to buy cars? or what?)

~~~ Yes, then it shows up on the deck of the ship where you put the a vehicle if you are exporting it. Yes, it's just a way to buy cars.

thoughtcrime (How do you get the Tanker onto the boat? I assume they mean the trailer you attatch to one of the truck cabs.)

~~~ Nope, it's actually just the cab. Hope that makes it easier. Oh I see, someone beat me to it.

Legoguy (Where exatly are the 'imported' cars found? I'm done with the first list, and it says '1 more car available for import' (sometimes it says 2) each time I delivered one, but where are they? If they're supposed to be on the ship too, they aren't there... )

~~~ Good point, I didn't explain that too well. To import a car, you must walk up to the wishlist and press triangle , which will bring up a list of days. It will also move the selector (a bold text) to the day it currently is. Press X to select a day, and view the cars which are available to import on that day. When the car you want to import is available on your current game day (which you can discover by pressing L1 when not in a vehicle or targeting anyone. It will bring up a box, and the day will be a three letter word in the bottom corner), select it with X and it will appear on the deck of the ship where you put a vehicle to export.

Yar. This is all for the moment, I have been awake for thirteen and a half hours now and I am starting to tire a little.

Mikerush76
  • Mikerush76

Easy Going Anti-Flaming Supporter!

• Members

Posted 07 July 2005 - 02:23 AM

Nice work, 1 question..is there really any use to import and can you get more cars to show up at your autoshop that way?

deddeson
  • deddeson

We are Watching

• Members

Posted 07 July 2005 - 10:00 AM

@DidierSucks-
looks nice well done I hope this gets pinned so all the newbies can just click on it instead of making new f*cking topics all the time tounge.gif

@Mikerush76-
the purpose of import and export is to make money you can make heaps! the more cars you import means the more that you can buy.

Cartoon Corpse
  • Cartoon Corpse

Cartoon Corp

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 July 2005 - 02:01 PM

im guessing once you get to the import/export thing, you finally have arrived financially! if you didn't choose to scam the betting parlors up to that point.

it looks like the first time, to me, i would have had serious cash to dispose of rather than choosing whether to buy a property or some cloths, since most missions up to that point are 1-2K with some 5K and a few 10-15K.

i've done about 4-5 cars from list 1 and i have made over 200K. the work is simple and quick. easy money compared to missions!

import means you buy it right? then what happens? just a way to buy cars? or what?

simps
  • simps

I'm a twat.

• Members

Posted 07 July 2005 - 02:29 PM

Nice work!

There is another Sanchez that's right across the road from the Doherty Garage. I think it spawns there all the time. It's right next to the train station building.

Cartoon Corpse
  • Cartoon Corpse

Cartoon Corp

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 July 2005 - 03:11 PM

i've seen it on the mission where you have to follow the train, but never anytime else in my game. (the sanchez)

simps
  • simps

I'm a twat.

• Members

Posted 07 July 2005 - 04:02 PM

You may be right... My bad

thoughtcrime
  • thoughtcrime

grand theft who?

• Members

Posted 08 July 2005 - 09:11 PM

How do you get the Tanker onto the boat? I assume they mean the trailer you attatch to one of the truck cabs. The magnet won't attatch to the trailer, if I try to pick up the cab the trailer falls off, and I can't drive up the slope. This is the last car I have to do on the 2nd list and I'm stuck.

kynen
  • kynen

Circle San Andreas and Land

• Members

Posted 08 July 2005 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE (thoughtcrime @ Jul 8 2005, 21:11)
How do you get the Tanker onto the boat? I assume they mean the trailer you attatch to one of the truck cabs. The magnet won't attatch to the trailer, if I try to pick up the cab the trailer falls off, and I can't drive up the slope. This is the last car I have to do on the 2nd list and I'm stuck.

The trailer isn't necessary, only the truck.

thoughtcrime
  • thoughtcrime

grand theft who?

• Members

Posted 08 July 2005 - 10:55 PM

Muchas gracias

Legoguy
  • Legoguy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 09:30 PM

Where exatly are the 'imported' cars found? I'm done with the first list, and it says '1 more car available for import' (sometimes it says 2) each time I delivered one, but where are they? If they're supposed to be on the ship too, they aren't there...

DidierSucks
  • DidierSucks

Prophet of Trashcat

• Members

Posted 11 July 2005 - 12:29 AM

There, I got locations up for Lists Two and Three

Sweets
  • Sweets

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Feroci Racing
  • Unknown

Posted 11 July 2005 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE (Legoguy @ Jul 10 2005, 17:30)
Where exatly are the 'imported' cars found? I'm done with the first list, and it says '1 more car available for import' (sometimes it says 2) each time I delivered one, but where are they? If they're supposed to be on the ship too, they aren't there...

You go to the board that has the list on it and press triangle (triangle)
It will then tell you which cars can be imported on that day, you can also switch through the days to see what other cars can be imported on what other days.

Once you choose the car it will be on the ship, then you bring it down with the crane the same way you deliver them.

TheRiverBelow
  • TheRiverBelow

Makaveli in this... Killuminati

• Members

Posted 11 July 2005 - 03:25 AM

It's obvious that you put a lot of work in this. Good job mate. Maybe some PC and Xbox users can add to this guide.

cmbrip
  • cmbrip

Love Fist fan

• Members

Posted 11 July 2005 - 03:43 AM

great guide,
i wish topic pinned rahkstar2.gif

Legoguy
  • Legoguy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 July 2005 - 05:23 AM

QUOTE (SWEETSAPRIK @ Jul 11 2005, 01:31)
QUOTE (Legoguy @ Jul 10 2005, 17:30)

You go to the board that has the list on it and press triangle (triangle)
It will then tell you which cars can be imported on that day, you can also switch through the days to see what other cars can be imported on what other days.

Once you choose the car it will be on the ship, then you bring it down with the crane the same way you deliver them.

Thanks, guess that's enough information for me to make it work in the PC version wink.gif

Sergeant
  • Sergeant

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 July 2005 - 08:31 AM

Is this same trick;can get car in this ship,not need get a car in Los santos Las venturas to spawn in ship...?

DidierSucks
  • DidierSucks

Prophet of Trashcat

• Members

Posted 12 July 2005 - 04:38 AM

QUOTE (Sergeant @ Jul 11 2005, 00:31)
Is this same trick;can get car in this ship,not need get a car in Los santos Las venturas to spawn in ship...?

I'm terribly sorry, I don't understand. Could you rephrase that?

Buttoneer
  • Buttoneer

Never Sew A Button Again

• Members

Posted 12 July 2005 - 10:58 AM

I have a tip for this.

Of course you can go to the Pay'n'Spray if you have got yourself a wanring level after stealing the vehicle. However you can get the same effect by parking the car in your Doherty garage, exiting the garage on foot, and letting the car refresh. That way it's completely free and closer to the ship too (marginally but every little helps).

Rockabilly_Kid
  • Rockabilly_Kid

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 July 2005 - 07:09 AM

The Moster spawns in one of the trailerparks. In the town between Los Santos and San Fierro. I found it long before the Monster mission etc. Sorry i forget the name of the township. Thanks for the headsup on import export..alot clearer now!

Blaze007
  • Blaze007

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 March 2006 - 08:52 AM Edited by Blaze007, 03 March 2006 - 09:08 AM.

Ok, I have searched and searched, but I cannot find the Stallion in that parking lot where it supposed to be located at. I have looked at the vehicle locations map, but the car is not there. I have made repeated trips back and forth on different days, and found nothing. Please help!! lol mad.gif

*EDIT - Nevermind, not 30 seconds after posting this, I drove around the block, and there was the friggin car sittin in the parking lot! rah.gif

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE (Blaze007 @ Mar 3 2006, 08:52)
Ok, I have searched and searched, but I cannot find the Stallion in that parking lot where it supposed to be located at. I have looked at the vehicle locations map, but the car is not there. I have made repeated trips back and forth on different days, and found nothing. Please help!! lol mad.gif

Yep, that's true. A Stallion supposedly spawns there according to the game files, but during gameplay it never spawns there. Does somebody know why? confused.gif

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:22 PM

Mega-bump!

There are random vehicles parked on either side of the Stallion that tend to spawn before the Stallion and block it from spawning. This is a problem for a few other cars as well. You almost never see the Banshee at Come-a-lot. The Buffalo, Cheetah, Sabre, and Patriot export vehicles also have spawn conflicts that prevent them from appearing regularly.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:09 AM

QUOTE (chapapote @ May 24 2011, 00:12)
A Stallion supposedly spawns there according to the game files, but during gameplay it never spawns there. Does somebody know why? confused.gif

I as well think this happens because sometimes the game spawns othrr vehicles than those intended to be placed.

You should have no problem finding the Stallion though. It appears regularly in Doherty, Garcia and Jizzy's Pleasure Domes and is one of the San Fierro Rifa gang cars.

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:22 AM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ May 24 2011, 06:09)
QUOTE (chapapote @ May 24 2011, 00:12)
A Stallion supposedly spawns there according to the game files, but during gameplay it never spawns there. Does somebody know why?  confused.gif

I as well think this happens because sometimes the game spawns othrr vehicles than those intended to be placed.

You should have no problem finding the Stallion though. It appears regularly in Doherty, Garcia and Jizzy's Pleasure Domes and is one of the San Fierro Rifa gang cars.

I have no problem finding the Stallion, it's just I was curious because that's the only export location that never spawns for me. I've never had problems with the Sabre and the Cheetah (the Banshee I don't know, I've never had the need to go to Come-A-Lot for one of them when having another one parked near the SF gym).

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:30 AM

As a matter of fact, why go for some vehicles in Las Venturas when they can be found in San Fierro?

Personally, I found the ZR 350, Cheetah, Slamvan, Banshee and Feltzer in San Fierro.

Hell, even got myself a Phoenix while driving around in Calton Heights (had to abandon the Cheetah though)

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ May 24 2011, 06:30)
Hell, even got myself a Phoenix while driving around in Calton Heights (had to abandon the Cheetah though)

You must be the luckiest SA player in the world then.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ May 24 2011, 08:30)

I wonder how did you do it if Phoenix wasn't added to any spawnlist, which was confirmed by R*. Phoenix can be only found in Home in the Hills (being driven by Big Poppa) and San Fierro Hills race (IIRC).

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:40 PM

I forgot to mention that the Huntley that spawns at the driving school might conflict with the Hotknife if it's been unlocked.

The main reason to drive all the way to LV to get a look at a Banshee is because the only time these vehicles spawn is when they are on the list; so if you what to know where all the vehicles are then this is your chance. That Banshee has a 50% chance of being locked anyway. The export vehicles have a very high rate of alarms and locks.

As far as gameplay goes, when you get down to the last vehicle on the list I'd argue in favor of driving to another city to get a specific spawn rather than trying to figure out how to get one to spawn in normal traffic. It really doesn't take all that long to get anywhere.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (Tycek @ May 24 2011, 21:39)
Phoenix can be only found in Home in the Hills (being driven by Big Poppa) and San Fierro Hills race (IIRC).

... As well as appearing very seldomly driving in Calton Heights and Prickle Pine.

She appears if the player is driving a Cheetah or Turismo (or another Phoenix). However, the chances of her appearing are next to zero. You really have to be VERY lucky to see her in traffic. As I did.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users