Batman Skin

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
75 replies to this topic
wookie1
  • wookie1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 12:59 AM

My first mod just got put up over at GTAgarage.
The skin replaces the gimp suit with the Batman Begins' Batman.
It looks a little strange since I am, as yet, unable to mod the meshes.
Hopefully that will be remidied soon.

Hope you like it.

user posted image

Marklund
  • Marklund

GTAStunter

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 01:13 AM

Haha that's awsome!
cookie.gif cookie.gif

Now we need to mod the parachute into a cape. smile.gif

ShadowSam
  • ShadowSam

Paper Basket

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 02:02 AM

looks pretty cool you could probably make Batman beyond since he doesnt have a cape monocle.gif

Halljam
  • Halljam

Trick

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 03:09 AM

Great skin, Millie will agree too. wink.gif

snok3k
  • snok3k

GTA guy

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 03:45 AM Edited by snok3k, 05 July 2005 - 03:48 AM.

looks nice rolleyes.gif

Zelfin16
  • Zelfin16

Don Zelfin

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 10:23 AM

nice job....looks nice.... can i fly if i used this skin.... cool.gif

Axerty
  • Axerty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 11:38 AM

batman can't fly, his super power is money tounge.gif

LuigiBrotha
  • LuigiBrotha

Part time skinner

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 12:13 PM

Wouldn't you be ably (with 3D max) to open the Parachute's DFF and change the Parachute so that once it is faulded out you can't see it. The you would add the Cape to the parachute bag. That should make it so it looks like your flying like batman. Only thing is that the movement still would need to be changed. Otherwise you see batman trying to make "a dump" when he is jumping of a building.

Quadropheniac90
  • Quadropheniac90

Confused Clown

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 05 July 2005 - 12:47 PM

nice job....looks nice.... can i fly if i used this skin....

No, skins only change the look of the character, you'd have to change animations or code your way into something.

Pierce Brosnan
  • Pierce Brosnan

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 01:02 PM

Nice Batman skin, i'll use it when I fix my game.

thedude420
  • thedude420

ghetto star

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 July 2005 - 01:51 PM

hell yeah i can walk around the game all like

" i am bat man!!!"

"would you like to ride with batman??". lol lol.gif

f*cking sweet skin though. anyway i would be happy with just the ears on his cowl. the cap isnt posssible in gta.

caseyjones
  • caseyjones

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 July 2005 - 12:12 AM

I backed up the originals and replaced all the txd files with the ones you provided but the feet one doesn't work it makes my game freeze..i know it's the feet because i installed them all seperately and when i got to the feet..nada...please help me out here i am loving this skin

wookie1
  • wookie1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 July 2005 - 12:18 AM

I don't know what to say. Works for me.
Anybody else have this problem/an idea what might be wrong?

Lukester
  • Lukester

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 05:25 AM

I am very new to the img tool. I have just installed the 1 file from gta garage but there are several different categories such as gimp_leg, gimp_torso, etc. There are alot of those but only 1 file?? Can Anyone help me?

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 10 July 2005 - 05:28 AM

QUOTE (thedude420 @ Jul 5 2005, 05:51)
f*cking sweet skin though. anyway i would be happy with just the ears on his cowl. the cap isnt posssible in gta.

I have an idea. Replace the motorcycle helmet with a batman mask, and violia! tounge.gif

coldjim
  • coldjim

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 09:26 AM

yeah its COOL!!! biggrin.gif

But u need the 2 points on the head, if ya know what i mean.

And also u could make your homies and robin and batgirl!!! biggrin.gif

marciano muller
  • marciano muller

gta lover

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 10:07 AM

can you alsome make a skin from the normal batman movies not the new movie but the old
nice job man keep goining

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 10 July 2005 - 10:11 AM

na na na na na na na na

Nice mod. It will be good with some new modles and the parachute idea.

C.JB
  • C.JB

ChainGang Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 July 2005 - 04:05 AM

This Is A Cool Batman Skin. I'm Gonna Download This.

derecalator
  • derecalator

im so friggin manly, my sentences dont even have periods

• Members

Posted 11 July 2005 - 06:51 AM

cookie.gif cookie.gif ph34r.gif u get the third cookie when u model him just a tad so he look EXACTLY like batman. all in all this is KICK**S SKIN

Lukester
  • Lukester

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 July 2005 - 12:33 AM

I downloaded the file from gta garage but there is only 1 file. Where do i put that file? I have the img tool but there are more than one gimp catagorie such as gimp_torso, gimp_legs, gimp_mask ect. Can someone help?

wookie1
  • wookie1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 July 2005 - 01:26 AM

Ok, Once and for all, to answer all the questions I've been getting, here is how to instal this skin.

1. Download batskin.zip from GTAgarage
2. Unzip batskin.zip
3. Download IMGTool v2.0(or higher) from GTAgarage or where ever else you can find it.
4. Open models/player.img with imgtool.
5. Find gimp.txd, right click and choose replace then choose the gimp.txd file from the batskin.zip and select "Open".
6. Find gimpleg.txd, right click and choose replace then choose the gimpleg.txd file from the batskin.zip and select "Open".
7. Find gimpmask.txd, right click and choose replace then choose the gimpmask.txd file from the batskin.zip and select "Open".
8. Find gimpshoe.txd, right click and choose replace then choose the gimpshoe.txd file from the batskin.zip and select "Open".
9. Close IMGtool.
The batman skin is now in place of the gimpsuit.

Now, please, no more questions about installation. If you can't follow the above to install the skin, you probably shouldn't be trying to mod software, and it is questionable wether you should be allowed to use a computer in the first place.

SAZ
  • SAZ

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 July 2005 - 05:31 PM

the cape is possible in gta, have a look at all the files associated with the gimp suit, look at two of the files one is the gimptorso.dff, and gimpmask.dff

if you export these and alter them using a modeller u can add the claw things on the arms and a cape to the shoulders although the cape would b static in movement. unfortunatly i cannot model to save my life so anyone who knows how to model have a go please!!!!!!!....the tumbler (batmobile) is already on its way so y not finish it off and have a proper batman.

with altering the only dff's associated in theory it would mean that if u did change your clothes there would b no cape present (only for the gimp suit would the cape appear) ... and with making the parachute into the cape would b silly coz then it would only appear if u had a parachute. the idea of not having the parachute present(i.e it dnt show when you use it) would b great to add the gliding effect and all u'd need to do is replace also the parachute bag with the torso/cape txd so ur picks are the cape not a bag!

SAZ
  • SAZ

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 July 2005 - 05:32 PM

the cape is possible in gta, have a look at all the files associated with the gimp suit, look at two of the files one is the gimptorso.dff, and gimpmask.dff

if you export these and alter them using a modeller u can add the claw things on the arms and a cape to the shoulders although the cape would b static in movement. unfortunatly i cannot model to save my life so anyone who knows how to model have a go please!!!!!!!....the tumbler (batmobile) is already on its way so y not finish it off and have a proper batman.

with altering the only dff's associated in theory it would mean that if u did change your clothes there would b no cape present (only for the gimp suit would the cape appear) ... and with making the parachute into the cape would b silly coz then it would only appear if u had a parachute. the idea of not having the parachute present(i.e it dnt show when you use it) would b great to add the gliding effect and all u'd need to do is replace also the parachute bag with the torso/cape txd so ur picks are the cape not a bag!

SAZ
  • SAZ

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 July 2005 - 05:35 PM

Lukester
  • Lukester

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 July 2005 - 08:55 PM

How would u zip the file? With what program? I think that was the main problem. There is only 1 file but i do not know how to zip it, it does not say anything about zipping.

Lukester
  • Lukester

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 July 2005 - 09:01 PM

I tried the winzip program but it accomplished nothing. The file is just not for zip! This is very odd. I am very familiar with the img tool. I have used it on gta:3, VC, but the file u sent is the only problem i have.

SAZ
  • SAZ

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 July 2005 - 11:21 PM

sorry ppl abt the triple post, was having errors with my windows. wat exactly are your problems in installing the mod lukester?...i dnt understand what u mean by one file...unzip the file downloaded from gtagarage.com, then install the separate TXD files over the correct one.(as in replace the the gimp suit files with the same names of the files in the zip)

Lukester
  • Lukester

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 July 2005 - 09:22 PM

I mean when i dowload it, it only says file. Nothing about unzipping or anything.

antares
  • antares

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 July 2005 - 10:08 PM

Try to add some .zip/.rar extension

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users