Photo

sig and avatar combo

17 replies to this topic
Y.T.
  • Y.T.

f*ck power

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 11:05 PM

I saw a picture on one of my friends cameras and liked it a lot so I asked her to take a few more so I could mess around with them and with the picture, and a lot of editing, I have made a sig and avatar combo. Anything else needed? I'm thinking of maybe adding some kind of wavy black design mirroring on either side of the heart.

user posted image

user posted image

ThaddeusMcKlown
  • ThaddeusMcKlown

Relentless Pursuit of Progress

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 04 July 2005 - 11:28 PM

Yeah, something almost tribal on both sides would look good. Other than that, it looks nice smile.gif
-TM-

yngve
  • yngve

Jävla Hårdrock.

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 11:35 PM

Uhm... Don't really know where to start...

Don't take this the wrong way, but that dose'nt look good at all.
The backgrond looks like it's clouds + 10 filters + Guassian Blur, and even after that, there is no real effect.
The red text that fades in don't match the rest of the signature, and the border looks just horrible.

Loose the opacity on the heart and make it stand out more, and add some patterns or something, whatever.

...AND the filesize it too big to be used on GTAF. 80kb's is the maximum.

Y.T.
  • Y.T.

f*ck power

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE (yngve @ Jul 4 2005, 18:35)
The backgrond looks like it's clouds + 10 filters + Guassian Blur, and even after that, there is no real effect.
The red text that fades in don't match the rest of the signature, and the border looks just horrible.

1.There is only one filter on the background to make the lines going down it...it is a fabric on the curtains in my friend's house...so no clouds.
2.The red is just the inverse of the blue that is on most of the piece...do you want to suggest what color I make my name?
3.Should I make the boarder solid? Change it to white?
...you just complained about it which doesn't help without giving solutions...do you want to give me any help to change it for the better because then you would be helpful?

yngve
  • yngve

Jävla Hårdrock.

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 08:19 AM Edited by yngve, 05 July 2005 - 08:30 AM.

QUOTE (Y.T. @ Jul 5 2005, 08:55)
1.There is only one filter on the background to make the lines going down it...it is a fabric on the curtains in my friend's house...so no clouds.

Ok. My bad. Still looks like that, though.

QUOTE (you)
2.The red is just the inverse of the blue that is on most of the piece...do you want to suggest what color I make my name?

Try the same color a the heart. Change the font. Make somekind of outline on it (black).

QUOTE (you again)
3.Should I make the boarder solid?  Change it to white?

For the love of god, yes. And go for black instead of white.

QUOTE (you again. again.)
...you just complained about it which doesn't help without giving solutions...do you want to give me any help to change it for the better because then you would be helpful?

First of all:
QUOTE (teh me.)
Loose the opacity on the heart and make it stand out more, and add some patterns or something, whatever.

And second, I usually assume that if I say "That border looks just horrible.", the person will see some hidden message in my text. (Change it! Do whatever! Just Don't have it the way it is now!) sarcasm.gif

But this sig.... I don't know. I kind of feel that it's "beyond repair". I think my best tip would be for you to take that heart and start all over.

Toro.
  • Toro.

Traded for dollar bills.

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 11:08 AM

Its not as bad as yngve makes it out to be. just work on the colour of the text a little.

Swarz
  • Swarz

Council of Elders

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 05 July 2005 - 04:49 PM

I've gotta agree with yngve (nice keyboard smash for a name btw). tounge.gif

Your name on the sig needs work - the red really doesn't go, not to mention the font used and the style of it. Did you use photoshop? Search for a tutorial on embedding the writing into the curtain (there's a few around) - that might look better. Oh, and probably best to make it black.

I again agree with Mr. Keyboard Smash, the general feel just isn't right. Try sharpening up the background a bit - for lack of better words, it just looks a bit too fuzzy... confused.gif Dunno if it's a lost cause, but it does certainly feel unfinished at the moment.

yngve
  • yngve

Jävla Hårdrock.

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 05:06 PM Edited by yngve, 05 July 2005 - 05:10 PM.

QUOTE (Swarz @ Jul 5 2005, 18:49)
...Mr. Keyboard Smash...

Completely Off-topic: Oh noes! I'm so sorry that my name is'nt an english one. It's a Swedish one. Ever heard of Yngvie Malmsteen? His real name is Yngve. Guess he changed it for people like you. Eh. sigh.gif

Btw, you can call me Frank, Susan, John or whatever that makes you happy, if yngve is to hard for you to remember... wink.gif

MsNobody
  • MsNobody

Playstation Portable

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 July 2005 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (yngve @ Jul 5 2005, 17:06)
QUOTE (Swarz @ Jul 5 2005, 18:49)
...Mr. Keyboard Smash...

Completely Off-topic: Oh noes! I'm so sorry that my name is'nt an english one. It's a Swedish one. Ever heard of Yngvie Malmsteen? His real name is Yngve. Guess he changed it for people like you. Eh. sigh.gif

Btw, you can call me Frank, Susan, John or whatever that makes you happy, if yngve is to hard for you to remember... wink.gif

Well, I would think that he would change his name to something more normal considering going from Yngvie to Yngve really isn't that big of a different!

yngve
  • yngve

Jävla Hårdrock.

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (MsNobody @ Jul 5 2005, 19:44)

Well, I would think that he would change his name to something more normal considering going from Yngvie to Yngve really isn't that big of a different!

Normal from how's point of view? From a swedish point of view, the name is very normal. notify.gif

MsNobody
  • MsNobody

Playstation Portable

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 July 2005 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (yngve @ Jul 5 2005, 18:13)

Normal from how's point of view? From a swedish point of view, the name is very normal. notify.gif

The rest of the world is bigger than Swedan.

yngve
  • yngve

Jävla Hårdrock.

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (MsNobody @ Jul 5 2005, 20:28)
QUOTE (yngve @ Jul 5 2005, 18:13)

The rest of the world is bigger than Swedan.

[spam]So..?[/spam]

Swarz
  • Swarz

Council of Elders

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 06 July 2005 - 10:31 AM

[off-topic]lol, sorry yngve! tounge.gif biggrin.gif

Sounds quite rude now that I've just taken the piss outta your real name. Many apologies, I was convinced you'd just got frustrated that all your favourite names were taken and smashed the keyboard.

Yes, I'm an uncultured moron. I'll travel the continent eventually and see all these wonderful different names. If it makes you feel any better I've got a Portugese surname which everyone pronounces incorrectly. Bastads. wink.gif

Sorry again![/off-topic]

yngve
  • yngve

Jävla Hårdrock.

• Members

Posted 06 July 2005 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE (Swarz @ Jul 6 2005, 12:31)
Sounds quite rude now that I've just taken the piss outta your real name.

*Again, Off-topic*
Haha, don't worry, man! It's not my real name, but it is a real name. It's not like it's even a common name anymore, it's more for those born before 1908... biggrin.gif

Y.T.
  • Y.T.

f*ck power

• Members

Posted 08 July 2005 - 11:24 PM

Ooooooookaaay. Took some time out and did some more on this. It is most definitely a WIP so dont bother commenting on the letters yet because I haven't done anything on them yet. I have 2 more.
1.user posted image
For this I have added a custom texture of corduroy to the background, flattened the two layers of the heart and made it less opaque, and changed the layer style to change the lighting on it. I also changed the border so now it is solid and a bit more thick(2px), and yes it is a lot better thanks for that.

2.user posted image
For this I used a new plug-in(yay!). It has a new filter on the heart and an interesting filter that gives it a kind of underwater feel on the background. And I just noticed that the filter on the background did go onto the border and i will fix that, unelss it works out looking better.

So, besides from commenting on the name again which I will change, which is better and what should I still change.

Y.T.
  • Y.T.

f*ck power

• Members

Posted 13 July 2005 - 05:59 AM

I know this is a double but...its been a while.

I have now moved on to the letters. A font suggestion would be nice. The letters there were just made freehand because most of the regular fonts looked pretty bad.
user posted image

These two are just transparent tries using color cange. Thought it looked kind of cool giving it a ripped feeling to it. (and yes the 2 do look amazingly alike...but they arn't)
user posted image
user posted image

edit:well looks like it didnt really work...png's and the part i needed transparent was transparent in photoshop...any clues on what i did wrong?

king surfer
  • king surfer

Omni-f*ck

• Members

Posted 15 July 2005 - 07:25 PM Edited by king surfer, 15 July 2005 - 07:27 PM.

You're new font doesn't look too good. I would recommend some from the "fancy" or "pixel/bitmap" fonts here.

And as for your mystery of transparancey i haven't a clue really. Possibly your plug in does weird stuff!?!

Y.T.
  • Y.T.

f*ck power

• Members

Posted 16 July 2005 - 08:09 PM

Yeah i know the text sucked...so here it is with a font i finially liked. I also dont know if i should put it on the top or botton...or maybe i should put it in the wierd light splotch in the mid-left?

user posted image
or
user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users