• Members

Posted 08 July 2005 - 01:22 AM

Nice handling.cfg editing. Great mod overall, you get 5/5. inlove.gif

.:Shady:.
  • .:Shady:.

• Members

Posted 08 July 2005 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (Bushman_XXL @ Jul 5 2005, 18:13)
yeah , if you set "engineinertia" higher , you will get realistic accelerations , try 60 - 120 , some cars need more ... 200 - 300 when you want the game ultra realistic , but then you wont drive most of your cars up to their topspeed , cause the highways are to short . tounge.gif

Hey Zeph, wouldn't this idea make the cars' accelerations more realistic while still keeping your new realistic top speeds? It sounds like it would work to me. Maybe you should test it out. smile.gif

Oh, and the mod works perfectly on the Big Black Box.

Zeph
  • Zeph

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 July 2005 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE (.:Shady:. @ Jul 8 2005, 20:39)
QUOTE (Bushman_XXL @ Jul 5 2005, 18:13)
yeah , if you set "engineinertia" higher , you will get realistic accelerations , try 60 - 120 , some cars need more ... 200 - 300 when you want the game ultra realistic , but then you wont drive most of your cars up to their topspeed , cause the highways are to short . tounge.gif

Hey Zeph, wouldn't this idea make the cars' accelerations more realistic while still keeping your new realistic top speeds? It sounds like it would work to me. Maybe you should test it out. smile.gif

Oh, and the mod works perfectly on the Big Black Box.

Yeah I might check it out some time, I've kinda got used to the accel speeds now though - great for stunts. wink.gif

And cheers for the info on it working with the x-box. biggrin.gif

Zeph
  • Zeph

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 July 2005 - 06:14 PM Edited by Zeph, 09 July 2005 - 06:21 PM.

I've been doing alot more stunts with this mod and I must say it makes them much more fun. wink.gif

I was bored today, so armed with fraps, gta:sa, rs mod and a 900c bike I thought I'd get a few of the stunts on vid and post it here for anyone interested. smile.gif

http://www.zepher.f2...peed_stunts.wmv (25mb)

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 02:16 AM

Nice video, I'm watching it right now. I'm really liking the realistic speeds, but after a while of playing around with it, the accelerations are starting to seem a bit too fast. The top speeds themselves are absolutely perfect, so that's no problem, it's just the super accelerations that kinda take away from the realism that this mod brings. But regardless, great job.

Killer_Waffle
  • Killer_Waffle

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 July 2005 - 06:34 AM Edited by Killer_Waffle, 13 July 2005 - 06:41 AM.

if you're looking for more video of this great mod, have a look in the movies thread in general sa discussion
posted my newest creation, wouldn't have been possible without this mod smile.gif

or a direct link is here: Anybody got a parachute?

forgot to point out the obvious, i do suck at stunting...

and just watched your vid Zeph, you made some strange editing choices,
but cool stunts, although i bet i can get more air on a few jumps
grab the nrg & see what speeds you get up to then devil.gif

Zeph
  • Zeph

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 July 2005 - 10:24 AM

QUOTE (.:Shady:. @ Jul 10 2005, 03:16)
Nice video, I'm watching it right now. I'm really liking the realistic speeds, but after a while of playing around with it, the accelerations are starting to seem a bit too fast. The top speeds themselves are absolutely perfect, so that's no problem, it's just the super accelerations that kinda take away from the realism that this mod brings. But regardless, great job.

You'll be pleased to know I'm working on a version with far more realistic acceleration speeds, I will still include a version with the insane acceleration that the mod has now so stunters can still enjoy the mod, but the main mod will seem far more realistic acceleration wise. I'm just doing some final testing and hopefully will release the update today. smile.gif

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 13 July 2005 - 10:28 AM

Nice video, I'm watching it right now.  I'm really liking the realistic speeds, but after a while of playing around with it, the accelerations are starting to seem a bit too fast.  The top speeds themselves are absolutely perfect, so that's no problem, it's just the super accelerations that kinda take away from the realism that this mod brings.  But regardless, great job.
I wouldn't be so polite. The increased speeds have been reached by simply bumping up the acceleration when GTA acceleration is already too severe. To make a truely "Real Speeds" mod you would have to change the drag and engine inertia so that high top speeds could be reached with lower acceleration values. Also, you would need to find a way to prevent the sudden acceleration cut-off which occurs when GTA decides you are going at top speed. For example, you will be accelerating at a high speed, still gaining 10km/h each second, then suddenly acceleration just stops because GTASA seems to put artificial limits on top speed.

The changes to the bikes are truely ridiculous, especially the NRG500. It goes from 0-350km/h in just a few seconds...a top fuel dragster would struggle to match that. They have 6,000hp and huge tyres while a 1990's MotoGP bike would have around 180hp and a contact patch between the tyre and the road about the size of your palm! tounge.gif

The massive hike in acceleration means that pretty mundane vehicles can now spin their wheels in 2nd, 3rd and sometimes even 4th gear.

Over the past few days I have been conducting experiments into how acceleration and top speed work in GTASA and from the graphs of my results I am finding some very complex relationships between the settings. As I get more results together and start to better understand the way GTA handles acceleration and top speed I will add to the GTASA Handling: Acceleration document on my website. At the moment it just has a simple list of the basic effects of some settings.

I certainly do want to get realistic speeds and accelerations out of GTASA because the extra settings (DragMult and EngineInertia) might possibly be used to allow progressively reducing acceleration as speed increases instead of the sudden cutoff that the game currently has.

Ducati996
  • Ducati996

Colt_Seavers

• Members

Posted 13 July 2005 - 11:14 AM

tell 'em Cerb...

I'm sure it's a nice effort guys... but not very elaborated mod I'm sure... no need to just tweak acceleration and topspeed... that does not make driving much better....

Looking forward to some more complex elaboration... this is not the RealSpeedMod... it's the FreakHandlingExperiment... lol

Sorry, just joking... don't take this personal... like I said, nice effort, but I don't like it much...

Zeph
  • Zeph

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 July 2005 - 11:20 AM

Guys, if you don't like it then don't use it or view this thread. sheeeesh.

No need at all considering the hard work I have put in to this. angry.gif

Killer_Waffle
  • Killer_Waffle

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 July 2005 - 11:40 AM

don't listen to those critics Zeph,
u did a great job with this mod, gave the stunters
some insane power to play with, sometimes the
high acceleration helps on shorts jumps & the like

Cargozer
  • Cargozer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 July 2005 - 01:30 PM

Seems like you have forgotten FAGGIO!

If that faggio is a 50cc, it real speed would be 75 mph (50km/h)

Zeph
  • Zeph

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 July 2005 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE (Cargozer @ Jul 13 2005, 14:30)
Seems like you have forgotten FAGGIO!

If that faggio is a 50cc, it real speed would be 75 mph (50km/h)

75mph on a 50cc Vespa?? Your mad! hehe, I used to own one and the top speed was about 45mph (downhill with wind lol ). Even with possible restrictions removed and a sports carb & exhust you wnouldn't reach 75mph. I will look at it for the next update though.

Edit: Actually, looking at your post again I think you mixed up mph & km/h, 50mph would be more realistic.

Cargozer
  • Cargozer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 July 2005 - 01:44 PM

Well its 1994 in SA so it doesnt practiculary mean its Wespa wink.gif My own scooter (CPI Hussar Evo and it isnt wired up) can go between 40-70 km/h, and if 1 km = 1.5 miles, taking average speed of my scooter = 60 km/h, calculating it into mph would be 90, and considering the possibility of being Wespa, lowering it speed to something like 80 mph. And to remember, in the game you should never be "too" realistic or its no fun. And if you make the scooter in the game TOO slow, its no fun to drive it.

Edit: but its good i got your attention, and now you remember to add Faggio to your mod's tweakings.

Zeph
  • Zeph

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 July 2005 - 02:33 PM

Yeah you got my attention but 60km/h isn't 90mph. 1 mph = 1.609344 km/h so 60km/h would be about 37mph. I think it would be better for the Faggio (which I think is a vespa because they were made by piaggio, hence the name) to be a 100cc or 125cc model, I'll have a play about and see.

Killer_Waffle
  • Killer_Waffle

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 July 2005 - 02:51 PM

is there something that can be done against the wobbling of bikes
at high speeds? by increasing their weight slightly for example?
noticed it with the nrg, led to painfull crashes smile.gif

Zeph
  • Zeph

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 July 2005 - 08:41 PM

The last planned release of Real-Speed mod has been released.

http://www.gtaforums...=0#entry2963720

We hope you like it, and if you don't......well, frankly,....we couldn't give a sh*t because we like it and that's why we made the mod. biggrin.gif

Laters all. wink.gif

napoleonic
  • napoleonic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 July 2005 - 07:44 PM

I have suggestions:

1. Banshee, I thought this is a Dodge Viper? It shouldn't that fast
2. Comet = porsche 911? too slow IMO
3. I've tested it and I found Turismo is faster than Bullet, contrary to your documentation

oh BTW, that was a great job

althrough I can't enjoy NRG500 again
dozingoff.gif biggrin.gif

Magic2.0
  • Magic2.0

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 July 2005 - 07:12 AM

I have a speedo mod now, does it fix the problem where when you hit nitro it will only show the cars top speed and no faster even though your going faster

• Members

Posted 16 July 2005 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE (Cerbera @ Jul 13 2005, 03:28)
Nice video, I'm watching it right now.  I'm really liking the realistic speeds, but after a while of playing around with it, the accelerations are starting to seem a bit too fast.  The top speeds themselves are absolutely perfect, so that's no problem, it's just the super accelerations that kinda take away from the realism that this mod brings.  But regardless, great job.
I wouldn't be so polite. The increased speeds have been reached by simply bumping up the acceleration when GTA acceleration is already too severe. To make a truely "Real Speeds" mod you would have to change the drag and engine inertia so that high top speeds could be reached with lower acceleration values. Also, you would need to find a way to prevent the sudden acceleration cut-off which occurs when GTA decides you are going at top speed. For example, you will be accelerating at a high speed, still gaining 10km/h each second, then suddenly acceleration just stops because GTASA seems to put artificial limits on top speed.

The changes to the bikes are truely ridiculous, especially the NRG500. It goes from 0-350km/h in just a few seconds...a top fuel dragster would struggle to match that. They have 6,000hp and huge tyres while a 1990's MotoGP bike would have around 180hp and a contact patch between the tyre and the road about the size of your palm! tounge.gif

The massive hike in acceleration means that pretty mundane vehicles can now spin their wheels in 2nd, 3rd and sometimes even 4th gear.

Over the past few days I have been conducting experiments into how acceleration and top speed work in GTASA and from the graphs of my results I am finding some very complex relationships between the settings. As I get more results together and start to better understand the way GTA handles acceleration and top speed I will add to the GTASA Handling: Acceleration document on my website. At the moment it just has a simple list of the basic effects of some settings.

I certainly do want to get realistic speeds and accelerations out of GTASA because the extra settings (DragMult and EngineInertia) might possibly be used to allow progressively reducing acceleration as speed increases instead of the sudden cutoff that the game currently has.

Hey Cerb, does this mean that you have plans to make your own real-speed mod once all of the handling.cfg functions have been discovered? I'm just curious because the info you posted looks very interesting and you seem to know a lot about the handling.cfg functions already. If you do decide to do one, then I wish you good luck.

@Zeph, what has been changed in this final version of the mod?

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 16 July 2005 - 09:34 AM

I am still doing experiments with acceleration to try and find a method of acheiving higher top speeds with lower acceleration. So far I have found some promising results but the new limitations in the GTASA physics engine mean that it will take a lot more testing and might not be possible. If I can do it I will but it won't be finished soon (perhaps not even this year) and it might not happen at all.

Ladfromwales85
  • Ladfromwales85

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 July 2005 - 12:27 AM

Just upgraded to 1.2, after using 1.1 for a while. The normal install mode feels too slow now, with all the fast cars taking far too long to reach top speed, if ever!

Uninstalled then reinstalled with the extreme mode, much better smile.gif Although I will probably take the settings for the NRG from the slower one, as I can't complete the small loop race with acceleration that fast, nore can any of the computer controlled players it seems, they fall off at almost every corner, heehee

Kamelion
  • Kamelion

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 July 2005 - 12:27 AM

QUOTE (.:Shady:. @ Jul 16 2005, 00:58)
QUOTE (Cerbera @ Jul 13 2005, 03:28)

Hey Cerb, does this mean that you have plans to make your own real-speed mod once all of the handling.cfg functions have been discovered? I'm just curious because the info you posted looks very interesting and you seem to know a lot about the handling.cfg functions already. If you do decide to do one, then I wish you good luck.

@Zeph, what has been changed in this final version of the mod?

This last release (I won't say final , it's become something of an in-joke ) addresses issues with too fast acceleration and a few vehicles that were missed. The acceleration feels more "natural" now, although some of the races, especially for the motorcycles seem to use boosted speeds, I think this might have something to do with the game scripts over-riding handling.cfg settings.

Kamelion
  • Kamelion

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 July 2005 - 12:29 AM

@ladfromwales

I've noticed that myself, people always seem to be falling off the bikes and causing pileups. It's funny to watch tho biggrin.gif

Ladfromwales85
  • Ladfromwales85

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 July 2005 - 03:18 AM

Not funny when a competitor ahead of you decides to slam into some other ped's on a bridge, causing a massive pileup, causing you to slam into it and fall off the side of the bridge, wrecking the race, heh.

SA races are totally unnatural, seems weird for them, seeing as though they managed to come out with Midnight Club etc. With SA, you don't really stand a chance coming first in a slow car race unless you manage to get ahead of all of them at the beginning.

Still aint got a gold in city slicker! lol!

Zeph
  • Zeph

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 July 2005 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE (Ladfromwales85 @ Jul 20 2005, 04:18)
Not funny when a competitor ahead of you decides to slam into some other ped's on a bridge, causing a massive pileup, causing you to slam into it and fall off the side of the bridge, wrecking the race, heh.

heh I've had similar things happen, it is quite funny. tounge.gif

_JJ_
  • _JJ_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 January 2007 - 03:32 AM

Awesome mod. rahkstar2.gif

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 January 2007 - 04:06 AM