Photo

Mitsibishi PS41

11 replies to this topic
GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 05:01 AM

What does everyone think about this new model, they are apprantly going to have a naming competition for it. At the moment they are thinking of naming it the Galant from the US model but its open to change which I think they should as Galant doens't sound that great to me and also we need to have our own name for its Aussie nature even though its still US based lol.

Anyone who doesn't know, Mitsubishi Australia have worked on the new magna replacement which is using the US Galant platform but with some changes to meet Australian standards such as engine redevelopment and interior/exterior changes. I honestly dunno how I feel about it. Its rather different and not what I invisioned what the Magna should look like. Its supposed to be trying to take the crown from Commodore and Falcon as being large family cars but sadly I doubt that will happen. Its still FWD for crying tout load!

holdenrulz
  • holdenrulz

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 07:58 AM

Dear good that car is meant to beat a Commodore or Falcon notify.gif

Seriously that magna looks like a typical american type design.
Sure the current magna design sucked but this new one isn't even neutral like a camry it looks like an american car imported here(AUS) no way in hell is that going to take over from a australian designed car without RWD or an australian name.
With the current trend's on car sales it's most likely not going to sell as well as they hope.
And with the whole deal in South Aus. Mitsubishi aren't going to do so well in the future.

Dalpura
  • Dalpura

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 09:58 AM

QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ Jul 4 2005, 15:01)
Its rather different and not what I invisioned what the Magna should look like.

Mind posting a picture for us? I wasn't able to find one. Hopefully the new design means it won't be over-engineered. Do you know how many f*cking bolts they put into those things? About three times more than any other car would. Anyway, I'm quite a fan of the Magna series. Quite reliable, except when it comes to the automatic-transmission. I might have to see into getting one when it's out, as I like my old Magna but would love a new one. Though I don't know I'd get a first model, bit risky.

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 11:18 AM

I remeber seing some spy photos somewhere. Anyway, it's about time they did something new to the Magna apart from that facelift that should have happend in 2000. Magnas do sound good for the money, but i've really never been in one.

If Mitsubishi have spent so much time on the PS41, they could have atleast kept the US Platform and redesigned the whole look of the car. Much like Holden did with the Commodore, but it's a European platform.

I'm guessing this is it:
user posted image
user posted image

It doesn't look too bad, but last time I checked, it's styling is pretty much the same to the US Galant.

Pavlov
  • Pavlov

For your eyes only

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 04 July 2005 - 12:18 PM

Looks like a Nissan Sentra or something. I was a big fan of EU 98 Galant with it's agressive look. This one looks "japanamerican".

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 05:11 AM

I couldn't find any pics of it online just the US one, it basially looks that same as the US one which is disapointing given they could of changed its look slightly even like the Pontiac GTO would be better.

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 05 July 2005 - 08:53 AM

I saw some pics in the Advertiser the other week with some aspects like the headlights covered up, so I can only assume that mebbe, just mebbe, they have altered those albeit slightly.

Dalpura
  • Dalpura

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 09:26 AM

Just looks like the older up-market Magna's to me. I quite like it.

Martini Racing
  • Martini Racing

Procrastinator King.

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 July 2005 - 01:45 PM

Looks O.K. to me...

holdenrulz
  • holdenrulz

Trick

• Members

Posted 06 July 2005 - 04:57 AM

I saw a pick of it with its sport sarcasm.gif pack I swear I first thought it was that caddilac that had the alloytec in it.
As for the pic's Cran. produced it looks better but I still would never buy 1 if I could help it.

Macintire Sniper
  • Macintire Sniper

irRashonel

• Members

Posted 06 July 2005 - 04:07 PM

This one looks "japanamerican".

Funny, it reminds me of a mix between an MG and a Volvo.
dt8

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 09 July 2005 - 03:57 AM

It's official, it's called the '380'. What a funny name tounge.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users