» «
Photo

Kit Cars

12 replies to this topic
willsradio
  • willsradio

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 03:42 AM

I am only 15 but this year I am allowed to get a car. I was thinking about getting a kit car, maybe a Lamborghini kit or something cool like that. Does any1 know any good links, or have any personal experience/opinions on kit cars? I really don't know too much about them but I am learning as I go. Thanks in advanced.

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

I drink and I smash because i love

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 July 2005 - 04:00 AM

1. the kits are f*cking expensive. 25 grand for the kit and wheels/tires
2. they are f*cking stupid. everybody knows its a kit car when they hear that four cylinder rumble on take-off
3. the only person you are fooling is yourself.

if you want to be laughed at when your lamborghini does 0-60 in a weekend, then by all means go hard. but for the cost of the 25k kit and 5k donor car, you could get a car that looks nice and actually performs.

willsradio
  • willsradio

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 04:03 AM

I see all what u are saying, but we were gonna get at least a V8 engine for it, i never saw the price of 25k, i only kept seeing them for like 4k but damn that is crazy.

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

I drink and I smash because i love

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 July 2005 - 04:09 AM Edited by SIP YEK NOD, 04 July 2005 - 04:30 AM.

QUOTE (willsradio @ Jul 3 2005, 22:03)
I see all what u are saying, but we were gonna get at least a V8 engine for it, i never saw the price of 25k, i only kept seeing them for like 4k but damn that is crazy.

its 9k for body alone, but that is just fiberglass. no door hinges, no mounting hardware, no windows, no taillights, no headlights ETC.

EDIT:
here ya go bud.

that would be about 35k canadian(give or take) and would not only LOOK like a lambo, would PERFORM like a lambo rolleyes.gif

turbosax05
  • turbosax05

Simply Me

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 04:27 AM Edited by turbosax05, 04 July 2005 - 04:30 AM.

I remember a kit car called the Bearcat, it saw one in person, and its a real nice kit car, but i dont remember a lot though, sorry.

EDIT: its called a blakely bearcat, dont remember much more, but u can go google it.

willsradio
  • willsradio

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 04:41 AM

@SIP YEK NOD: That is one ugly pos, i see ur whole point thanks for the info guy. Countache is much smoother and better looking then that.

@turbosax05: Those are like the panoz look-a-likes. They aren't really the style I have been looking at, but thanks for the help anyways.

Pavlov
  • Pavlov

For your eyes only

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 04 July 2005 - 07:26 AM

Kit cars are so 1990... And impossible to re-sell now. I think it's a bas idea son, buy a Civic instead.

@SIP: woha, might know someone who would be interested in that Lambo. It's 20k , i think it's worth the travel to USA, at least for him.

XeroJager
  • XeroJager

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 July 2005 - 07:55 AM

Sorry if i'm bringing this topic back from teh dead (Even though it's still a bit recent..)

BUT, kitcars are for the people who absolutely love thier dream car, but cannot afford the real thing.. that's usually what happens..

And Kitcars are NOT that expensive...

And that Diablo... blah.... suckage.. i'd rather go to IFG and get one (( www.ifgonline.com )) it's still at a hefty price... at 14,000 dollars.. but still, it comes with an awesome load of stuff.... well worth it...
I'm getting a Lamborghini Murciegalo kitcar, body, glass, scoops, headlight lenses, backlight lenses, mirrors, dashboard, console, and the optional extra, AND the donor car for less than 7,000 dollars... the only thing i have to do is get that engine out of my car, which is a badass V8, and sounds SO beautiful, despite being 5 years old.. paint it, move my interior arround, get that set, put in my little extras, put the body over, put the glass on, etc etc.... and i've got a "lamborghini.."

To be honest, kit cars are great.... BUT only if you know what you are doing with them.. i've seen numerous kitcars go arround... like a Ford GT40, it sounded like crap.. but it was his first kitcar, so i couldn't blame him there...
Then i went to a car show..... there was a Ferrari kitcar.. (they seem freakin' impossible to find!) with a V6... i repeat.. a V6 engine... and it sounded FREAKIN' BEAUTIFUL...
Yeah, i sound like a car kiddie, but you may get over it when you go to a car show and see one of these for yourselves..

But willsradio... if you absolutely want the kit car, i say go for it! Just make sure you know what you're doing before you actually do it..

Here's some helpful links

www.kitcar.com

www.http://kitcar.com/triangle/home.html <----Where i'm getting my Murciegalo from..

www.ifgonline.com <-----High prices, but well worth it, comes with amazing package deals.. they have all the old Diablos, and even a Countach.

Have fun man.. and be careful about what you choose, and please, for gods sakes, don't make the car look like crap smile.gif

-XeroJager Razgriz

Majestic
  • Majestic

dirty commie

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 12 July 2005 - 11:52 AM

lmao, thats pathetic. looks horrible as well... you can tell from a mile away that its a kit

kevin2006rhs
  • kevin2006rhs

host of delete key

• The Connection

Posted 13 July 2005 - 12:28 AM

Kit cars are alright....just look at the Shelby Cobra and Datyona type kit cars.

All you need it a 5.0L mustang drivetrain (optional) and the kit smile.gif

Factory 5 Racing

Richard Zurawski
  • Richard Zurawski

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 July 2005 - 02:22 PM

I remember reading a few years ago about a lotus seven style kit car that you could buy with a holden 5.7l V8 motor fitted. I actually saw one in person at this years Melbourne motorshow. Mmmm, 600kg and a 5.7 V8 oh the fun that could be had with a good suspension, steering and brake kits. I'll try and dig up the article.

Richard Zurawski dives into the archives

Mercedes-Benz
  • Mercedes-Benz

NYC

• Members

Posted 14 July 2005 - 12:52 AM

I saw a 92 SL 500 kit car based on a Chrysler LeBaron. I laughed my ass off. The guy wanted $10,000 when I can go buy a real one for $10,000. What an ass. And a SL? Why an SL?

willsradio
  • willsradio

• Members

Posted 15 July 2005 - 01:54 AM

Thanks for the links and info guys, I am looking at all of it. Gotta have at least a V6 that sounds awesome if your ridin in a lambo or ferrari. Even though I have seen real lambos and ferraris perform, and i may just not be able to drive a kit car after seeing the real thing tounge2.gif .

Sorry didn't respond right away, it never showed anything new until today.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users