I'm 17, so I shouldn't be playing it... tounge.gif

nope your in violation. tounge2.gif Report noted. biggrin.gif

DZorro,

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 07:11 PM

Definately offtopic but is pretty much related to the flamewar going on right now:

Professor nlitement the proofreader shall now examine a few posts and using them, give hints to kids for future, so they won't screw up in paper work!

Know how to employ proper grammar. Quit watching MTV and learn some stylistic linguistics, so your text won't be all in lower case and could use some punctuation marks to mark the end of your sentences! smile.gif

This week's favorite: Know the difference between "you're" and "your"!

You're = Contraction for "you are". Meaning: To refer to the second person's being.

Example: You're hot!

Your = Possesive of the second person.

Example: Your luggage.

Hope you kids won't screw up next time! smile.gif

mikeswi
  • mikeswi

Insert Funny Title Here

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 08:29 PM

I'm .......... a lot closer to 30 than I'd like. I would have loved a game like this when I was ............ half my current age.

The people going on about the games being too violent for kids just don't understand what it's like to play a video game. They've probably never played a video game themselves. It's the same as watching a Rambo movie, except you get to manipulate what happens. They latch onto one outrageous part of the game and act like it's the whole plot, like killing cops, going on rampages or slamming a hooker in the backseat, then killing her to get the money back. I mean seriously, who uses the hooker trick to get health anyway except to laugh at something like that being in a video game?

Besides, life in East Los Santos really is a lot like life in the slums of East Los Angeles. There really are gangs, they really do kill each other and their neighborhoods really are destroyed by crack and violence. That's a lot more dangerous to a kid than playing a video game based on that reality. Maybe these people should get their priorities straight and go on a crusade to end that real life situation, not a video game based on it.

Klas~Sick
  • Klas~Sick

hippity hop hop till you dont stop

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 09:40 PM

im 16 and play SA, ima be 17 soon tho, so it doesnt really matter, and im notta stupid kid thatll shoot pple pimp hoes cuz i played a video game...but since im in america i can see why parents would think i will kill pple over this game...

Chrisdragon
  • Chrisdragon

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 10:53 PM

23 here, so it doesn't matter biggrin.gif

tommygun1
  • tommygun1

The Old Don

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 11:41 PM

Nlitement, your idea was clearly stated here, and for that fact I give you an A+. However I did find some problems.

Professor nlitement the proofreader shall now examine a few posts and using them, give hints to kids for future, so they won't screw up in paper work!

First lets examine a few grammatical errors.

give hints to kids for future

I'm guessing you meant, "for the future."

Know how to employ proper grammar. Quit watching MTV and learn some stylistic linguistics, so your text won't be all in lower case and could use some punctuation marks to mark the end of your sentences!

This is what one would call a run-on sentence. In a college paper just these two errors could bring your overall grade down to the college equivalent of an F.

Hope you kids won't screw up next time!

Kids is unnecessary and grammatically incorrect.

Note that the use of an equals sign, though acceptable, is also incorrect.

I'm feeling generous today. You get a B+ and a cookie.gif .

Oh, I forgot to mention that I'm a rising newspaper editor. tounge.gif

Modder
  • Modder

AMD Processor

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 July 2005 - 12:58 AM

I really dont care about wat the f*cke'n government says i play MA+15 watch R+18 i dont give a sH*t about MR.John Howard he is a coward. (John Howard is Australias prime minister) rahkstar2.gif RULEZ

Modder
  • Modder

AMD Processor

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 July 2005 - 01:02 AM Edited by Modder, 05 July 2005 - 01:05 AM.

QUOTE (Odd_Bloke @ Jul 4 2005, 19:01)

I mean who gives a sh*t about official laws cops cant kill us for playing MA games I dont think they can!

Tril
  • Tril

MeBeUGod

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 July 2005 - 01:28 AM Edited by Tril, 05 July 2005 - 02:00 AM.

Thanx Tommygun...Seems like your the only one thatz not against
me...I think I should just leave this forum...

@DZorro
when i was your age my parents would never let me play with anything that's for adults, and since this is an adult game, i really think your parents are at faults here, for letting you play games like this.

Don't f*ckin' talk sh*t about my parents!
They know I'm not a f*ckin' retard I'm not gonna f*ckin' take a
gun and go shoot people...I don't go around talkin' schmack about
your parents so don't talk about mine.

EDIT:
IF you guyz got a problem with me PM me...
It'd really help with balancing out the should I Stay/Leave thing...

ReDBlAzE
  • ReDBlAzE

A Guy

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 01:31 AM Edited by ReDBlAzE, 05 July 2005 - 01:43 AM.

I'm 5 years old. I started playing all the GTA's since I was 1. My Mommy says I should play these games, because I made her by taking out my Colt 45 aimming it on her head just so I can get these games lol smile.gif Not really I'm 13, who the hell gives a crap about the government expect the President or something. The government needs to think about something expect making stuff about laws. Time to go, Bedtime Mommy says its good for me she says. ByeBye! I Love Sleeping sleepy.gif then back to video games music.gif die.gif suicidal.gif rampage_ani.gif

mr.easy
  • mr.easy

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 01:32 AM

Tril got a point there DZorro.

born2shoplc
  • born2shoplc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 01:55 AM

I'm 15, I've been playing since Vice City...

Tril
  • Tril

MeBeUGod

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 July 2005 - 02:09 AM

Tril got a point there DZorro

Tril alwayz has a point just nobody like to listen...

Odd_Bloke
  • Odd_Bloke

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 02:24 AM Edited by Odd_Bloke, 05 July 2005 - 02:29 AM.

QUOTE (DZorro @ Jul 4 2005, 19:04)
QUOTE (Odd_Bloke @ Jul 4 2005, 19:01)

nope your in violation. tounge2.gif Report noted. biggrin.gif

DZorro,

*looks at 5 stars in the top right corner of his vision* Holy crap!

Tril alwayz has a point just nobody like to listen...

Pardon? tounge.gif

The government needs to think about something except making stuff about laws.

Out of mild interest, do you understand the concept of government...?

Dan

[EDIT: Left off a question mark. I'm getting senile in my old age. tounge.gif]
[EDIT II: Didn't want to double post.]

Tril
  • Tril

MeBeUGod

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 July 2005 - 02:28 AM

He's saying the government uses GTA so they have something
to bitch about...

Odd_Bloke
  • Odd_Bloke

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 02:32 AM

QUOTE (Tril @ Jul 5 2005, 02:28)
He's saying the government uses GTA so they have something
to bitch about...

No, he was saying that the government is irrelevant and should spend less time making laws and more time doing... something else. Which are two valid points to a limited extent, but as he is not a 17 year-old Economics student, I'll let him off (because, obviously, that's my right and my right alone tounge.gif).

Dan

TheHeggy
  • TheHeggy

Conan Rules

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 02:50 AM

I find it rather sad that many of the kids here are saying "my parents don't care what I do". I'm quite sure that they DO care, they're just too ignorant about what's actually in these games to make any kind of an adult decision about it. If they DO know what's in these games and they really don't give a crap, then they're probably crappy parents for letting any of you play these games without some sort of guidance.

I'm not saying they need to hold your hand or anything, but I think at least confirming to you that the things in the game are bad and should never happen in real life is a sign of a parent who at least takes an interest in what their child is exposed to.

The age thing is relative because there's mature 12 year olds who can handle this game, and then there's grown 30 year old men who cringe at the sight of it.

The ESRB ratings are guidelines to let parents know what sort of content a game contains. Some parents are comfortable exposing their kid to R rated material, some aren't. Personally, I wouldn't let my kids play an M rated game until they were 15 or so, but that's just one person's opinion.

If you can handle this game without trying to emulate the character's attitudes, actions and other stuff then you're mature enough to play. If you're one of those retards who runs around saying "Fo' sho'" to everything and giving gang signs to your teachers, you need to go play with your Bert and Ernie playset a bit more.

blue_steel
  • blue_steel

Captain Unlimited

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 02:52 AM

I'm 16 now but I gues when I first started to play GTA 3 on my mates PS2 I was....12 or 11?

Alternative Child
  • Alternative Child

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 July 2005 - 02:59 AM

Well I have beeten the game 3 times so yeah, I guess I am a Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas player. tounge.gif

I am Thirteen...

coylez
  • coylez

CoYLeZ

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 03:57 AM

QUOTE (TheHeggy @ Jul 5 2005, 02:50)
I find it rather sad that many of the kids here are saying "my parents don't care what I do". I'm quite sure that they DO care, they're just too ignorant about what's actually in these games to make any kind of an adult decision about it. If they DO know what's in these games and they really don't give a crap, then they're probably crappy parents for letting any of you play these games without some sort of guidance.

I'm not saying they need to hold your hand or anything, but I think at least confirming to you that the things in the game are bad and should never happen in real life is a sign of a parent who at least takes an interest in what their child is exposed to.

The age thing is relative because there's mature 12 year olds who can handle this game, and then there's grown 30 year old men who cringe at the sight of it.

The ESRB ratings are guidelines to let parents know what sort of content a game contains. Some parents are comfortable exposing their kid to R rated material, some aren't. Personally, I wouldn't let my kids play an M rated game until they were 15 or so, but that's just one person's opinion.

If you can handle this game without trying to emulate the character's attitudes, actions and other stuff then you're mature enough to play. If you're one of those retards who runs around saying "Fo' sho'" to everything and giving gang signs to your teachers, you need to go play with your Bert and Ernie playset a bit more.

You have a point, but saying their crappy parents because they let their son or daughter play violent games is a pretty generlised opinion. Althought parents may let their son or daughter play the games, doesnt mean they are crappy parents, but means that they trust their son or daughter not to go on a killing spree at the shopping centre, or treat people with little or no respect!

GTA Pimpin
  • GTA Pimpin

Peon

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 04:06 AM

Yeah, I am 13. I play GTA. Been playing since GTA3, so I started young. smile.gif My mom doesn't care though. She likes the games. tounge2.gif

Martini Racing
  • Martini Racing

Procrastinator King.

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 July 2005 - 05:47 AM

QUOTE (GTA Pimpin @ Jul 5 2005, 04:06)
She likes the games. tounge2.gif

Are you serious? notify.gif My mother hates them. She almost didn't let me buy them (I had to borrow money from her to buy SA), but I reminded her that I'm not a kid anymore.

impulse91
  • impulse91

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 06:27 AM

i polayed gta3 when i was 10

i am 13 and i play SA with the hot coffee mod

Martini Racing
  • Martini Racing

Procrastinator King.

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 July 2005 - 06:40 AM

Good lord!

Alternative Child
  • Alternative Child

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 July 2005 - 06:47 AM

QUOTE (impulse91 @ Jul 4 2005, 22:27)
i polayed gta3 when i was 10

i am 13 and i play SA with the hot coffee mod

That is so true!

I was only 9 when i played gta 3 though. cryani.gif

DZorro
  • DZorro

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 07:55 AM Edited by DZorro, 05 July 2005 - 08:02 AM.

QUOTE (Tril @ Jul 5 2005, 01:28)
Thanx Tommygun...Seems like your the only one thatz not against
me...I think I should just leave this forum...

@DZorro
when i was your age my parents would never let me play with anything that's for adults, and since this is an adult game, i really think your parents are at faults here, for letting you play games like this.

Don't f*ckin' talk sh*t about my parents!
They know I'm not a f*ckin' retard I'm not gonna f*ckin' take a
gun and go shoot people...I don't go around talkin' schmack about
your parents so don't talk about mine.

EDIT:
IF you guyz got a problem with me PM me...
It'd really help with balancing out the should I Stay/Leave thing...

I never said you where a retard did i ?? mad.gif
I only said that the parents that let kids play these games are at fault, and when things goes bad, they wanna start blaming videogames for there kids problems. And that's so wrong.

I didn't say anything bad about your parents either did i ???

If i did then i appologise.

DZorro,

tommygun1
  • tommygun1

The Old Don

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 08:15 AM Edited by tommygun1, 05 July 2005 - 08:19 AM.

I think this is getting back to the same old arguement. My parents do care what I do, but they know that I can distinguish between what's real and what isn't. I mean, its hard for parents not to know what's in GTA games - this stuff is all over the news.

My belief is that its not my parents' fault if I go and shoot up a store, its mine. Mental illness can fester silently inside out of the view of even the parents. This may be a slight change from my opinion on the matter in previous posts in other threads, but I've only revised it a little.

I'm 17 by the way. rah.gif

Martini Racing
  • Martini Racing

Procrastinator King.

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 July 2005 - 08:21 AM

You're 17, and yet you write like that? JK.
talkin' 'bout your sig, by the way. tounge.gif

coylez
  • coylez

CoYLeZ

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 08:23 AM

QUOTE (tommygun1 @ Jul 5 2005, 08:15)
I'm 17 by the way. rah.gif

older than me by a year bitch tounge.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users