Photo

The Hardest Mission in GTA_SA

368 replies to this topic
sonyack
  • sonyack

Ol'phartz

• Members

Posted 31 July 2005 - 11:43 AM

Freefall is the hardest mission for me so far. You have to do a precision manuver in a split second with a "sloppy" machine. I don't mind saying I am not that great at flying, but hey, I DID pass flying school. I have been at this Freefall for days and days and days, taking time out to go to work, grab a bite, brush the teeth....oy vay.

maf
  • maf

SA Junkie

• Members

Posted 01 August 2005 - 04:32 AM

QUOTE (sonyack @ Jul 31 2005, 11:43)
Freefall is the hardest mission for me so far. You have to do a precision manuver in a split second with a "sloppy" machine. I don't mind saying I am not that great at flying, but hey, I DID pass flying school. I have been at this Freefall for days and days and days, taking time out to go to work, grab a bite, brush the teeth....oy vay.

Yep, 'Freefall' is a pain, made more difficult by the plane's awkward controls. There's no margin for error and an extremely tight time window to get it right. And it takes a long time to get back to it if failed.

ShAddowZ080
  • ShAddowZ080

H3LL RAISER

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 August 2005 - 04:49 AM

QUOTE (Trent215 @ Jul 15 2005, 10:13)
For me its most definitely Supply Lines, Most missions just take me either the first time till maybe the 3rd try but this one took me 17 times to beat(I counted, lol). I always run out of damn fueld before I get to Zeros roof, I hate it. First off why does he need the friggin plane to return just send me out and ill pick it up after it takes out all of the couries, Geez. And better yet just give me a car and Ill blow them up with my MP5, do we really need some retard mini plane to blow them up, god I still hate that mission.

same here supply lines was really hard one time i made it like 3 ft. from the roof and ran out of fuel completly

soleil
  • soleil

Yes, I play video games.

• Members

Posted 01 August 2005 - 06:58 AM

QUOTE (teh roxxors @ Jul 30 2005, 17:54)
Supply Lines is not hard at all, if you aproach the problem from a different angle.

I'm sure many people strafe the vehicles from the air, thinking that is how it is supposed to be done, but it doesn't have to be so hard.

Start by seeking out whatever target is closest to you. Land the plane on the road near the target vehicle. Then just drive like a car, creeping up from behind the target. Don't be hasty. Once you have a good bead on your target, open fire. Afterwards, take off and fly to the next target.

And use a joystick or game pad.

The final missions, especially End of the Line, are a breeze if you use the Minigun. It's the most powerful weapon in the game. It certainly makes the gang wars a piece of cake.

Many players make the game harder than it needs to be by not using the right tool for the right job. For example: Trying to steal the Skycrane by entering the depot on foot, rather than flying in by jetpack. We often attack a mission exactly how the game tells us to, rather than doing something we know works better. And why continue using a rocket launcher or RPG once the Minigun becomes available?

Some of the Driving School tests were the most ridiculously pointless & difficult trials I've ever seen in any game. Whoever designed them is—if I may borrow a phrase from CJ—a complete f*cking moron.

Let me guess, you did Supply Lines on the PC.

heres_johnny215
  • heres_johnny215

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 August 2005 - 06:09 AM

Supply Lines

Timpo
  • Timpo

Trash

• Members

Posted 06 August 2005 - 03:42 PM

on PC supply lines is a lot easier.
but I hate "Wrong Side Of The Tracks"
it takes an hour for big smoke to shoot down one of the vagos on the train.

ríomhaire
  • ríomhaire

The Gumbaca of The Vortigaunt Revolution

• Members

Posted 06 August 2005 - 04:13 PM

Used yo be Learn To Fly but I'm good at flying now. In fact I love going on SAM site raids with my Hydra. Now I hate Driving School.

phlip
  • phlip

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 August 2005 - 04:33 PM

NOE took me a few goes but once I got it I got it, and it's easy now. Freefall was a pain, and it still hurts that the first time I got it I crashed the plane on landing because I forgot to lower the landing gear, and I had to do it all over again...

Supply lines took me a few goes but I wouldn't call it "hard", just "a bit irritating if you don't know how to fly a plane yet".

The ones which took the most goes for me were probably Freefall and Farewell, my love (kept on spinning out in the gripless car), though Wrong side of the tracks took a few goes too.

I'm not sure what you think the problem is with the parachute test, I got gold first time (though I did get a tip from a friend saying "don't deply the chute when the game says, wait a bit longer so you land faster")

on a mission
  • on a mission

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 August 2005 - 04:34 PM

SUPPLY LINES!!! devil.gif i must have failed this mission at least 30 times and still havent beat it...every thing else has been fairly simple...

on a side note, are there any more missions for Z after supply lines?

phlip
  • phlip

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 August 2005 - 04:48 PM

Yep, there's Model Army, one of the really fun though pointless missions in the game...

I really like those missions that are of a completely different style to the rest of the game, like Model Army, Madd Dogg, the second half of Catalyst...

maf
  • maf

SA Junkie

• Members

Posted 08 August 2005 - 02:17 AM

'City Slicker' is pi$$ing me off at the moment. 'N.O.E.' and 'Freefall' were frustratingly difficult, too.

Itchy
  • Itchy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 August 2005 - 02:44 AM

For City Slicking, go down the hill from the driving school heading towards the docks. Then take a left and you have a long fairly straight road which will take you straight to the blip. If you can manage a u-turn you can head back the same way - if not just head up the hill and find the most direct route back.

g33k
  • g33k

I'm stupid.

• Members

Posted 08 August 2005 - 02:57 AM

Learning to fly was hard when I started, but not its easy. Freefall is the hardest for me now.

dumbfxck
  • dumbfxck

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 August 2005 - 01:35 AM

Supply lines was terrible. I tried and tried and tried for about a week then one day I just passed it. Then I had to pass it for my b/f and my sister. But yeah...I think that's the worst.

maf
  • maf

SA Junkie

• Members

Posted 09 August 2005 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE (Itchy @ Aug 8 2005, 02:44)
For City Slicking, go down the hill from the driving school heading towards the docks. Then take a left and you have a long fairly straight road which will take you straight to the blip. If you can manage a u-turn you can head back the same way - if not just head up the hill and find the most direct route back.

Thanks, I'll try that biggrin.gif

san_Andreas_pi0mp
  • san_Andreas_pi0mp

dumbass

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 August 2005 - 04:31 AM

When i first did "High stakes low rider' it was pretty hard then another hard one was "freefall" and i had to start the game over because of the damn glitch in "tanker commander"

Chrisdragon
  • Chrisdragon

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 August 2005 - 05:06 AM

FREEFALL

angry.gif

watchcap
  • watchcap

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 August 2005 - 05:09 AM

N.O.E. Isn't that bad when you just disregard the potential for collision with trees. I finished with over 2 minutes to spare. Then again, I found GTA SA pretty damn easy. That is with two exceptions:Supply Lines and Cop Wheels, but they are dumb missions that could have been easily completed by running around and killing people on your own. There should have just been a motorcycle chase for Supply Lines. There should be a drop point for the motorcycles in Cop Wheels. Oh well.

Airborne
  • Airborne

SA Pilot Expert

• Members

Posted 09 August 2005 - 06:47 AM

Freefall is not that hard if you familiar with keyboard control and DON'T go straight ahead. Fly a bit left or right and turn a little earlier.

Personally I feel getting gold for some tests, especially Burn & Laps and City Slicking in Driving school is the most frustrating. I have no problem to get silver. Only getting gold drove me crazy. NRG Challenge is also another waste of time... These are the only missions I used cheat to pass(by editing handling.cfg or use tools). All other missions I got no problem at all.

Superilldude
  • Superilldude

• Members

Posted 09 August 2005 - 07:10 AM

Supply Lines, I finished it on PS2 without a guide though cool.gif

maf
  • maf

SA Junkie

• Members

Posted 09 August 2005 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE (watchcap @ Aug 9 2005, 05:09)
N.O.E. Isn't that bad when you just disregard the potential for collision with trees. I finished with over 2 minutes to spare. Then again, I found GTA SA pretty damn easy. That is with two exceptions:Supply Lines and Cop Wheels, but they are dumb missions that could have been easily completed by running around and killing people on your own. There should have just been a motorcycle chase for Supply Lines. There should be a drop point for the motorcycles in Cop Wheels. Oh well.

'N.O.E' was a stupid mission, especially with the trees - how can you disregard them?

'Cop Wheels' is only one of a few missions I've cheated on to complete (freeze mission time clock). Without the cheat it's stupidly hard and annoying.

'Supply Lines...' wasn't too difficult (PC version). But you're right, using an RC plane for it was a dumb idea.

Aenema
  • Aenema

This is Spinal Tap!

• Members

Posted 09 August 2005 - 01:09 PM

I hated the flight missions... took a few days of frustration and anger that made me feel like snapping the disc in half..

There were more but I don't remember...

maf
  • maf

SA Junkie

• Members

Posted 09 August 2005 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE (Aenema @ Aug 9 2005, 13:09)
There were more but I don't remember...

Probably a good thing suicidal.gif

i...need...blood
  • i...need...blood

teh cherry popper

• Members

Posted 09 August 2005 - 09:06 PM

Hey guys, i'm new here, but anyways the hardest mission was "vertical bird". Whenever i wanted to get in the boat using yhe boat they gave me, i was always detected. angry.gif It took me like 5 tries before i realized i coul swim to it. catspider.gif

Also, on my first try, i didn't know the controls for the hydra a the other f*cking planes destroyed my back fin. i did it o.k. but toreno told me he didn't have to do anything with the plane. i tried to land it, but i crashed to the ground. Holy sh*t

Die Toreno die.gif

scalliano
  • scalliano

Ice Cold Killa

• Members

Posted 09 August 2005 - 09:10 PM

Cop Wheels is DEAD EASY!! The last Quarry mission is an absolute nightmare.

antera309
  • antera309

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 August 2005 - 08:16 PM

The pilot school missions were difficult until I got the hang of the controls (PC Version using mouse/keyboard).

But "Cop Wheels" was the hardest mission by a long way. 28 attempts, then got fed up and cheated. Packer always "spawns" right over the other side of town to where you are.

Smellton
  • Smellton

Can't get off my chair

• Members

Posted 14 August 2005 - 03:43 AM

Without a doubt Supply Lines. Who's idea was it to use a RC plane to blow up cars? die.gif

Freefall comes in second, and then Flight School's Circle Airstrip and Land test, all the rest of the schools were easy, with an exception of City Slicking.

BTW what mission was Cop Wheels? I don't remember.

ajkhan316`
  • ajkhan316`

CSMY : Saiko Komon

• Members

Posted 14 August 2005 - 04:33 AM

i would have to say Learning to Fly.....i like flying but the school was total rubbish especially the "circle airstrip and land"........

Cop Wheels is the heist mission where u have to steal 4 cop bikes....it was pretty easy for me....

Kinda Koolies
  • Kinda Koolies

Пөяωσυχә

• Members

Posted 14 August 2005 - 08:19 AM

Ice Cold Killa really p***ed me off, and that was the part where you chased him in the car. He would always got on the Pizza Scooter & i'd 'Jump' in his car &hit him but he kept on dying in a explosion from a firetruck!! mad.gif

But then once i got the 'Learn To Fly', i knew there was no god...
I spent 4 hours on Circle Airstrip & Land & then the rest was easy.

(Offtopic) Home In The Hills was pretty fun, like the part just before you jump out of the plane. lol.gif

(Ontopic) OMG, I CANNOT DO THE LAST MISSION!!
Sweet keeps on dying near the stadium, so all i do now is piss off the police!! devil.gif

NONA
  • NONA

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 August 2005 - 04:06 PM

definitely, getting gold on 'The '90''
You need to be so lucky to get 100%
I think I tried it over 300 times.
And then I finally got my hotknife inlove.gif.
Getting gold on wheelie weave was pretty hard too.
And the chilliad challenges.
But the '90' tops them all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users