The Hardest Mission in GTA_SA

368 replies to this topic
adamcs
  • adamcs

Pixelante

• United-Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2005 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE (Dalpura @ Jul 16 2005, 02:22)
Any of the 'get this car from here to here.. undamaged' missions. Especially the one before you get the valet missions.

werd.

Supply Lines was hard, but I certainly wouldn't call it the hardest. The hardest, for me at least, was 'Jizzy' because it involved so much and took a long time to complete. Because there is so much involved, it requires a lot of patience. It's one of those frustrating missions where you spend a lot of time doing it perfect, but then one little mistake costs you the mission and you're forced to start over again. On second thoughts, it probably isn't the hardest, but certainly the most annoying - and pointless.

Skyrunner
  • Skyrunner

You Skywalker bastard

• Members

Posted 18 July 2005 - 09:21 AM

QUOTE (ISuck @ Jul 18 2005, 05:09)
For me the hardest missions were:
Ammunation Challenge

Are you serious?! What the hell can be hard in that challenge?
It's like someone will say now "Damn! I can't get to CJ's house with the BMX!"

Manny Calavera
  • Manny Calavera

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 July 2005 - 09:25 AM

Fish in a Barrel

maf
  • maf

SA Junkie

• Members

Posted 18 July 2005 - 11:43 AM

I had luck with 'Jizzy': the limousine hit other cars just passed his club and got jammed in one spot against barriers. Someone else suggested shooting the tires of his pimp-mobile before going inside the club.

'Supply Lines...' wasn't as difficult as I though it would be - thanks to the tip about it not needing power all the time and using the yaw controls instead of banking left, right.

'N.O.E' was really tough because of the concentration and patience needed to finish it in one piece. 'Stowaway' was difficult until I figured out how to get enough speed to reach the plane's ramp.

'Architectural Espionage' started out fun then got worse (and more difficult) once the fire was started. Low-end video card hardware affects this mission, too, because the smoke effects cause a lot of slowdown. Cops shooting you at the bottom of each stairwell make this easy either, or the four-star rating outside. I used a cheat to get rid of the cops to make this mission go away quicker.

dj_alfi
  • dj_alfi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 July 2005 - 10:09 PM

the one where u have to save madd dogg from jumping ROFL tounge.gif

i dont know, im currently stuck at free fall... god damn i hate those planes!

and yeah, ms flight sim if i wanted to learn how to fly devil.gif

soleil
  • soleil

Yes, I play video games.

• Members

Posted 18 July 2005 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (Skyrunner @ Jul 18 2005, 09:21)
Ammunation Challenge

That challenge is currently harder for me than almost any other mission. Only Supply Lines has given me more trouble. When I reach shotgun, one of the other booths rack up hits so fast he hits 20 right when I get to something like 19. then I have to start all the way over again with pistol. EVERY TIME. That's what's hard. I am pretty sure getting to CJ's house with a BMX is easier.

soleil
  • soleil

Yes, I play video games.

• Members

Posted 18 July 2005 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (Manny Calavera @ Jul 18 2005, 09:25)
Fish in a Barrel

I said that, too, on the previous page. At least I'm not alone.

maf
  • maf

SA Junkie

• Members

Posted 19 July 2005 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE (soleil @ Jul 18 2005, 22:15)
Ammunation Challenge

That challenge is currently harder for me than almost any other mission. Only Supply Lines has given me more trouble. When I reach shotgun, one of the other booths rack up hits so fast he hits 20 right when I get to something like 19. then I have to start all the way over again with pistol. EVERY TIME. That's what's hard. I am pretty sure getting to CJ's house with a BMX is easier.

Yeah, you're not wrong. At least on the PC version, the booth on the right I think racks up points quite well in the shotgun test.

Itchy
  • Itchy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 July 2005 - 03:31 AM

QUOTE (soleil @ Jul 18 2005, 22:16)
Fish in a Barrel

What about Riot?

maf
  • maf

SA Junkie

• Members

Posted 20 July 2005 - 04:50 AM

'Cop Wheels' was a pain in the as$. It's only the second mission I've used the trainer on to stop the time limit and wanted status. Navigating through the AI traffic is bad enough not doing any missions. And then when you get to the cop bike he takes off on it and it's a lot of effort and time to knock him off and he gets on it again quickly before you can get out and steal the bike, and then you have a one star rating. And then you have to drive all the way through the streets of Las Venturas to the freeway to get on the transporter. I got pissed off with the cop getting on the bike again so I gunned him down which gives me two wanted stars... No, I had to cheat on this fuÇking mission.

paul gilbert
  • paul gilbert

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 July 2005 - 06:38 AM

the one before last in driving school where u have to spin in the air and land safely..i tried it like 40 times to get bronze..and i dont know why is every one complaining about supply lines i finished it on my first try without any help or knowing that the barron glides ,but i also have to add that the fuel tank was alomst empty at the end (i had like 15 more seconds in the air left..) but still i made it on my first try and i think most people are having trouble with flying because they are not using a good keyboard configuration for flying and just using the crappy defaults;)))

soleil
  • soleil

Yes, I play video games.

• Members

Posted 20 July 2005 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (Itchy @ Jul 20 2005, 03:31)
QUOTE (soleil @ Jul 18 2005, 22:16)
Fish in a Barrel

What about Riot?

Yeah, Riot is the second hardest. smile.gif

saopaulina
  • saopaulina

Argentinian Girl

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 July 2005 - 12:12 AM

I didnt have too much trouble at all but If I had to choose it would the last trucking mission and Destroy the targets with the Hunter

maf
  • maf

SA Junkie

• Members

Posted 21 July 2005 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE (paul gilbert @ Jul 20 2005, 06:38)
the one before last in driving school where u have to spin in the air and land safely..i tried it like 40 times to get bronze..and i dont know why is every one complaining about supply lines i finished it on my first try without any help or knowing that the barron glides ,but i also have to add that the fuel tank was alomst empty at the end (i had like 15 more seconds in the air left..) but still i made it on my first try and i think most people are having trouble with flying because they are not using a good keyboard configuration for flying and just using the crappy defaults;)))

I use the "crappy default" keyboard controls (except for the jump, climb keys which I reversed), and passed 'Supply Lines...' first time, twice; once for me and once for a mate.

«Phobos»
  • «Phobos»

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 July 2005 - 03:10 AM

Hi

For me the hardest mission in the story-line of GTA SA is the last one "end of the line"

And the hardest side missons were "Vigilante" and that one in the driving school that u have to spin in the air and land safely but once you do it, the next time that you do is a lot easier.

//ghost
  • //ghost

Who's your daddy? I'm your daddy, uhh uhh!

• Members

Posted 21 July 2005 - 03:14 AM

QUOTE (maf @ Jul 19 2005, 01:30)
QUOTE (soleil @ Jul 18 2005, 22:15)
Ammunation Challenge

Yeah, you're not wrong. At least on the PC version, the booth on the right I think racks up points quite well in the shotgun test.

Ammunation was probably the easiest thing in the entire game... on the PC game, the shotgun part... you don't even have to take your finger off the mouse button, just point to a new target between every shot. If you haven't noticed, your booth mates reload much slower than you do during all parts. The AK part, sometimes the computer gets ahead in the first 10 hits, but then they slow down.

No offense, but you must suck horribly at the entire game if you can't beat the Ammu-Nation challenge. Go play pac-man or something. (actually pac-man is kinda hard, so you'd be better off with Minesweeper or Solitaire. Go figure)

For me... none of the missions were really that hard. Only a few of them had me doing it more than once. Example? End of the Line (smoke lag), Hydra mission (forgot to press 2 once, actually), Architectural Designs (smoke lag, but took me only 2 tries), Supply Lines (haven't even bothered to do it after 5 tries)... and maybe a couple of others. But those missions are in no way hard, they just took me more than 1 try to beat due to some obvious mistakes.

catloaf_by_anuj.gif

maf
  • maf

SA Junkie

• Members

Posted 21 July 2005 - 07:24 AM Edited by maf, 21 July 2005 - 07:40 AM.

QUOTE (//ghost @ Jul 21 2005, 03:14)
...Supply Lines (haven't even bothered to do it after 5 tries)...

Mate, if you you can't do or it took you five tries to pass 'Supply Lines...' then you should be the one playing Pac-Man or Solitaire or Minesweeper.

//ghost
  • //ghost

Who's your daddy? I'm your daddy, uhh uhh!

• Members

Posted 21 July 2005 - 07:27 AM

QUOTE (maf @ Jul 21 2005, 07:24)
QUOTE (//ghost @ Jul 21 2005, 03:14)
...Supply Lines (haven't even bothered to do it after 5 tries)...

Mate, if you you can't do or it took you five tries to pass 'Supply Lines...' then you should be the one playing Pac-Man or Solitaire or Minesweeper.

Supply Lines on PC is quite different from Supply Lines on xbox or ps2...

maf
  • maf

SA Junkie

• Members

Posted 21 July 2005 - 07:41 AM

Excuses, excuses... biggrin.gif

Ean
  • Ean

Nailbomberz

• Members

Posted 21 July 2005 - 07:49 AM

Supply Line is the hardest mission. Never completed it. I played it on PS2. Annoying Zero... mad.gif

Shiranui
  • Shiranui

Gabba Gabba Hey!

• Members

Posted 21 July 2005 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (//ghost @ Jul 21 2005, 10:27)

Actually, I thought the Supply Lines mission was a lot easier on the PC than it was on the PS2. When playing it on the PS2 completing it took many, many tries (probably not as many as the final scene in Reflections' 2002 game Stuntman, which I tried at least 200 times without any exaggeration whatsoever, though), but in the PC version I finished it easily on the second try. There was never any danger of running out of fuel or anything.

soleil
  • soleil

Yes, I play video games.

• Members

Posted 21 July 2005 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (Shiranui @ Jul 21 2005, 15:28)
QUOTE (//ghost @ Jul 21 2005, 10:27)

Actually, I thought the Supply Lines mission was a lot easier on the PC than it was on the PS2. When playing it on the PS2 completing it took many, many tries (probably not as many as the final scene in Reflections' 2002 game Stuntman, which I tried at least 200 times without any exaggeration whatsoever, though), but in the PC version I finished it easily on the second try. There was never any danger of running out of fuel or anything.

I think that's what he meant.

GritSandWiches4Breakfest
  • GritSandWiches4Breakfest

Pimp oF The natioN

• Members

Posted 21 July 2005 - 04:05 PM

The first ZERO MISSION AND THE SECOND SUPPLY LINES. suicidal.gif suicidal.gif

Sergeant
  • Sergeant

Peon

• Members

Posted 21 July 2005 - 04:58 PM

blush.gif =Riot is hardest.

Doctor_hv
  • Doctor_hv

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 July 2005 - 11:41 PM

Well, I had quite problems with Wrong side of the tracks, and also with zero's mission when destroying delivery and with the last , End of the line... But it's not too hard when you have a lot of armor and health and if you finish sub-missions, they make life easier...

agent17
  • agent17

Absolution

• Members

Posted 29 July 2005 - 12:37 AM

wrong side on the tracks ,wu zi mu, and suppley lines where hard for me, I have the ps2 version so I can beat "lern to fly..." with all golds every time smile.gif tounge2.gif

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 29 July 2005 - 12:43 AM

The last mission was tough, just because I wasn't good with the whole goggles thing and what not... Yeah, I beaten it on te 30th try or something lol

fastrack2910
  • fastrack2910

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 July 2005 - 04:38 AM

I'd go with End of the Line. Personally, I thought the flying and Zero missions were extremely easy on PC.

KoLSPD2
  • KoLSPD2

The Lurker

• Members

Posted 29 July 2005 - 04:46 AM

Wrong Side of the Tracks, Jizzy, and Vertical Bird were those that I had a bit of trouble, but not severe "omg I quit" trouble.

teh roxxors
  • teh roxxors

Checking Attitudes

• Members

Posted 30 July 2005 - 05:54 PM Edited by teh roxxors, 30 July 2005 - 06:47 PM.

Supply Lines is not hard at all, if you aproach the problem from a different angle.

I'm sure many people strafe the vehicles from the air, thinking that is how it is supposed to be done, but it doesn't have to be so hard.

Start by seeking out whatever target is closest to you. Land the plane on the road near the target vehicle. Then just drive like a car, creeping up from behind the target. Don't be hasty . Once you have a good bead on your target, open fire. Afterwards, take off and fly to the next target.

And use a joystick or game pad.

The final missions, especially End of the Line, are a breeze if you use the Minigun. It's the most powerful weapon in the game. It certainly makes the gang wars a piece of cake.

Many players make the game harder than it needs to be by not using the right tool for the right job. For example: Trying to steal the Skycrane by entering the depot on foot, rather than flying in by jetpack. We often attack a mission exactly how the game tells us to, rather than doing something we know works better. And why continue using a rocket launcher or RPG once the Minigun becomes available?

Some of the Driving School tests were the most ridiculously pointless & difficult trials I've ever seen in any game. Whoever designed them is—if I may borrow a phrase from CJ—a complete f*cking moron.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users