Photo

The Hardest Mission in GTA_SA

368 replies to this topic
Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:13 AM

QUOTE (vishalpanchal @ Aug 30 2007, 00:12)
QUOTE (bagga rabbit @ Aug 30 2007, 00:11)
the one that gives you the most trouble?

which is????

Some of the side missions like the races and challenges.
With some of the cars you're given for those races they're almost impossible

Some of the main missions seem a bit silly & pointless (Cop Wheels, Zero's missions) but they're all possible with a bit of practice

Steve

Rashon.
  • Rashon.

What Comes Around Goes Around

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE (Steve Crook @ Aug 29 2007, 21:13)
Some of the main missions seem a bit silly & pointless (Cop Wheels, Zero's missions) but they're all possible with a bit of practice

Cop Wheels was actually fun. The Heist missions and Zero's missions, I might add weren't needed for the storyline.

The mission that gave me the most problems was Dam and Blast (Couldn't get the Nevada high enough into the corona for like 10 minutes) and End of The Line Part 3 (The chasing Tenpenny part. I'm not exactly what you'd call a very good driver).

gillies
  • gillies

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:38 AM

The two I usually think of are Jizzy and Architectural Espionage, they are both long but pretty easy until right at the end where, if you are unlucky with the traffic, you can fail and have to do it all over again.

GtaWonderBoy
  • GtaWonderBoy

"Mommy's Boy"

• Members

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:54 AM

Neither, the game is fairly easy cool.gif

mikeman75
  • mikeman75

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 August 2007 - 02:30 AM

I HATE zero's mission where you have to fly the crappy little plane and shoot vans and guys on bikes.

Big_Bear
  • Big_Bear

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 August 2007 - 05:46 AM

QUOTE (mikeman75 @ Aug 30 2007, 02:30)
I HATE zero's mission where you have to fly the crappy little plane and shoot vans and guys on bikes.

That's 'Supply Lines'.I beated that mission second try.

Wonderinguy
  • Wonderinguy

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:50 AM

QUOTE (Big_Bear @ Aug 30 2007, 05:46)

Lol, I beated that mission on 10 try. And the Zero's last mission was a hell too.

zane
  • zane

void dragon lvl90000

• Members

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:30 AM

QUOTE (Wonderinguy @ Aug 30 2007, 08:50)
QUOTE (Big_Bear @ Aug 30 2007, 05:46)

Lol, I beated that mission on 10 try. And the Zero's last mission was a hell too.

I beat it on the 2nd try but to crappy

Bad~Boy#17
  • Bad~Boy#17

duh

• Members

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:56 AM

The hardest mission for me was "wrong side of the track" were you followed tha train on a sanchez and Smoke was shoting at them.

vishalpanchal
  • vishalpanchal

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 August 2007 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE (Bad~Boy#17 @ Aug 30 2007, 10:56)
The hardest mission for me was "wrong side of the track" were you followed tha train on a sanchez and Smoke was shoting at them.

that wasnt that hard. i beat it on my second try.

GTAburnout
  • GTAburnout

The Truth Is Coming!!!

• Members

Posted 30 August 2007 - 02:53 PM

I find the long races to be the hardest

Dr. Benway
  • Dr. Benway

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:49 PM

First mission for Jizzy is always a pain for me. And flying school was hard the first time, but now it's not so hard anymore. And of course... Wrong side of the tracks and every mission where you had to chase someone with the car.

Zeros missions are not so hard as they're stupid and pointless.

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 30 August 2007 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (GTAburnout @ Aug 30 2007, 14:53)
I find the long races to be the hardest

I don't mind those. There's plenty of time for the others to crash and for you to catch & overtake them. It's the short races that I find the hardest. One tiny mistake and you may as well give up

Steve

Gangsta007
  • Gangsta007

Gangsta niggah

• Members

Posted 03 September 2007 - 09:42 AM

I say Supply lines (I beat that mission on 15 try ;D),Flying school(same),some races,Freefal(Dodo is very slow),cop wheels(very hard). As you can see,I have trouble with missions,where you drive,fly something. I have no problems with shooting missions. i hope there is less driving missions in IV and more shooting. And if there will be RC missions in GTA4,I will not control myself and smash the keyboard biggrin.gif

Miniduffa
  • Miniduffa

Most wanted

• Members

Posted 04 September 2007 - 10:45 AM

I hate robbing uncle sam and street races.

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 12 November 2007 - 06:51 AM

Well I've just completed 100% again. Hooray for me! It's my 3rd or 4th one after playing for about 6 months. And as usual, the last mission I completed was the NRG challenge. Is this the hardest mission in the game?

It certainly seems so to me. I can pick up most of the targets quite easily but the ones up in the air along the sides always seem to need 10 or 20 attempts. I think it's because I can't see what I'm aiming at so I just gun the bike and hope for the best.

The second hardest, and the second to last to be done, is usually the BMX challenge. In that I can get them all except that one on the big half-pipe. A few times I've managed to roll the BMX back and forth a few times and then on a big surge forwards, lean forwards enough to get up onto the platform and so get the target. But only a very few in the many, many times I've tried it.

This time I tried a small cheat. I lined the packer up so that it's ramp was pointing up towards that platform so that I could ride the BMX up the packer's ramp and then bunny hop high enough to get that last target.

But both of these do seem to be somewhat lacking in the skill that is necessary for all the other missions, even the races. Quite a few missions and races have an element of luck - like the "civilian" traffic in a road race. But these seem to be much more luck than skill.

BTW I'm doing this on a PC and I did have max strength & max experience on the bicycle and motorbike

Steve

grim reaper22
  • grim reaper22

A guy with a nickel

• Members

Posted 12 November 2007 - 06:55 AM

I thought the hardest thing was supply lines...

that mission is so hard,but the easiest is smoke...

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 12 November 2007 - 07:01 AM

Every time i complete 100% it seems to come up as 8 track was the last 1 that i did even though it is clearly one of the easist.
Hardest for me may be N.O.E only cos you have to stay so low. I love flying though so i practise a lot and it doesnt seem that hard anymore

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 12 November 2007 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (!!GameCH33TA!! @ Nov 12 2007, 07:01)
Every time i complete 100% it seems to come up as 8 track was the last 1 that i did even though it is clearly one of the easist.
Hardest for me may be N.O.E only cos you have to stay so low. I love flying though so i practise a lot and it doesnt seem that hard anymore

8 track isn't too bad, once you've got used to the handling of the car and don't spin it out too often. At least you have plenty of time to gradually work your way through the pack.

I find Dirt Track to be a lot harder. But a chain gun can reduce the opposition a bit biggrin.gif

Oddly enough I found N.O.E. to be quite reasonable, even from the first time of trying it - until it came to the landing! A few times I did the mission all the way there and back - and then crashed it on the landing or put the landing gear down too early and crashed into the hills just short of the landing strip!

Steve

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 12 November 2007 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (grim reaper22 @ Nov 12 2007, 06:55)
I thought the hardest thing was supply lines...

that mission is so hard,but the easiest is smoke...

I never had much of a problem with Supply Lines. Maybe I just hit on a good method from the first time I tried it.

I soon saw that if you glide then you don't use hardly any fuel and you still go plenty fast enough to get them all. I did it once when a van got all the way down to the bridge from the road by the country club towards Mount Chiliad. I got the van but then had to get back on just a thimble-ful of fuel - but I made it OK

I think the other trick is to realise that the delivery drivers only go very slowly and if you land in front of them, then turn round and roll up to them without touching them then they stop right in front of you. Only then should you open fire you'll soon destroy the vehicle which also kills the people that are/were in it.

Even if they do fire at you, that RC Baron is a tough little plane. I've never seen it show any signs of damage

Steve

zmoonchild
  • zmoonchild

Dumb Tag

• Members

Posted 12 November 2007 - 10:46 PM

NRG 500 Challenge made easy.

This works on all motorcycles, scooters, etc., and it's not new, but I've never seen it discussed anywhere as an easy way to complete the challenge. I'm sure that a lot of people already know this, but there are probably several that still don't.

Press UP, which is the default key for Steer Forward / Down (lean forward), or whichever key you may have reassigned that control to; I personally reconfigured that control to work for the NUM3 key on my keyboard.
Press that key rapidly while accelerating to get your speed up more quickly. It'll give you more than enough acceleration to climb the walls and get the rings.

I was amazed at the difference between that and just standard acceleration; I was able to climb the walls without nearly the distance I needed before. I didn't need to go all the way to the end of the basin to start my run, I started with less than half of that distance.

I know that the the disappearing clock trick is easy to do, but this really works well if you're determined to pass the mission in a more legitimate fashion.

Before, I had never finished the NRG 500 Challenge without making the clock disappear. I improved my time from 5:00 to 1:25.

zmoonchild
  • zmoonchild

Dumb Tag

• Members

Posted 12 November 2007 - 10:59 PM Edited by zmoonchild, 12 November 2007 - 11:01 PM.

QUOTE (Steve Crook @ Nov 12 2007, 01:51)
The second hardest, and the second to last to be done, is usually the BMX challenge. In that I can get them all except that one on the big half-pipe. A few times I've managed to roll the BMX back and forth a few times and then on a big surge forwards, lean forwards enough to get up onto the platform and so get the target. But only a very few in the many, many times I've tried it.

This time I tried a small cheat. I lined the packer up so that it's ramp was pointing up towards that platform so that I could ride the BMX up the packer's ramp and then bunny hop high enough to get that last target.

You can also use the Ambulance that's at the Hospital next door instead of the Packer; it works just as well at getting that last corona.

I have been able to get a bike up onto that platform quite a few times, but never while attempting the BMX Challenge itself.

The disappearing clock trick also works well for this challenge, if you're having difficulty.

Lil' Red
  • Lil' Red

Liberty City Venue Force Assault Battallion Leader

• Members

Posted 13 November 2007 - 12:47 AM

Damn I suck at GTA

I could get all the oysters, horshoes, snapshots, and graffiti tags if I actually took the time and had the patience to do it.

I also could finish all the odd jobs, firefighter, vigilante, ambulance, quarry, trucking, pimping, taxi cab, beat the cock, BMX, NRG, valet, import/export, robbery, freight, gun range, etc. missions if I actually took the time and had the patience to do it.

But all the races, stadium challenges, chiliad challenges, getting all gold in driving/flying/biking/boating school is sh*t I just do not have enough skill to complete.

Shutttlecock?
  • Shutttlecock?

Ho' Fa' Sho'

• Members

Posted 13 November 2007 - 01:13 AM

if you like the NRG missions try getting like 2 or 3 stars and then trying it, it adds a whole new element :]

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 13 November 2007 - 04:33 AM

QUOTE (Lil' Red @ Nov 13 2007, 00:47)
Damn I suck at GTA

I could get all the oysters, horshoes, snapshots, and graffiti tags if I actually took the time and had the patience to do it.

I also could finish all the odd jobs, firefighter, vigilante, ambulance, quarry, trucking, pimping, taxi cab, beat the cock, BMX, NRG, valet, import/export, robbery, freight, gun range, etc. missions if I actually took the time and had the patience to do it.

But all the races, stadium challenges, chiliad challenges, getting all gold in driving/flying/biking/boating school is sh*t I just do not have enough skill to complete.

They are all quite a bit easier if you have built up your driving experience in that vehicle to a maximum. There's less chance of you crashing out and you can control the vehicle much better.

You can build up your experience on the BMX & the motorbike by riding up and down the storm drains near Grove Street. There's no other traffic or pedestrians to get in your way. To build up experience in the car you need to travel above a certain speed and the storm drains often don't let you do that so you should get a fast car on a long road or into the Los Santos airport.

All driving gets easier as you get more experience, in the game and playing the game icon14.gif

Steve

zmoonchild
  • zmoonchild

Dumb Tag

• Members

Posted 13 November 2007 - 08:25 AM Edited by zmoonchild, 13 November 2007 - 04:06 PM.

QUOTE (Shutttlecock? @ Nov 12 2007, 20:13)
if you like the NRG missions try getting like 2 or 3 stars and then trying it, it adds a whole new element :]

I agree; I actually do the NRG-500 Challenge now with San Fierro still locked, meaning I have a 4-Star Wanted Level while attempting it.
I can usually get a time of about 3:00.

QUOTE (Steve Crook @ Nov 12 2007, 23:33)
They are all quite a bit easier if you have built up your driving experience in that vehicle to a maximum. There's less chance of you crashing out and you can control the vehicle much better...

...All driving gets easier as you get more experience, in the game and playing the game
I'm not sure if you're referring to 'Skill', or if you’re just referring about a player's ability to get a feel for how the vehicles work in this game.
Several people think 'Skill' improves your handling and driving ability, but it doesn’t.
The same goes for Bike Skill, Cycling Skill, and Flying Skill; none of them actually improves your ability to operate that vehicle; for Bike Skill and Cycling Skill, it just keeps C.J. from falling off (and Bunny-Hopping higher for Cycling Skill), that’s all, nothing more.

The reason for the ‘Skill’ increases is to force you to practice before attempting certain missions, such as 8-Track or Dirt Track, etc.

All vehicles handle the same no matter what skill percentage you’re at.

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 13 November 2007 - 08:34 AM

The disappearing clock trick is much more easier to get in the BMX challenge. I never got it right in the NRG challenge. confused.gif

radicell
  • radicell

Arsenal Fan

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 November 2007 - 08:34 AM

The hardest story missions for me were Freefall and the Destroy Targets test of Flying School.
For the BMX mission, I can get onto that last half-pipe pretty easily. Sometimes I end up falling off the bike, but I can just get back on and ride through the corona.

EasyTiger
  • EasyTiger

Break 'yo self!

• Members

Posted 13 November 2007 - 09:07 PM

You'd expect the last mission to be the hardest, yet in san andreas it isn't. Sorry to go off topic but does anyone think VC or III's last mission was the hardest? confused.gif

guilty.by.association
  • guilty.by.association

яαωя

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2007 - 01:56 AM

Supply lines etc. All the flying ones. Hate them confused.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users