Quantcast

» «
Photo

are r* going to far

53 replies to this topic

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 July 2005 - 06:42 PM

This makes me think about a post i read not to minutes ago about some kid killing his dog over Counter Strike Anyway r* games are rly good as long as the games dont get to violent and just plain sick ya know?

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 03:41 AM

QUOTE (101000101 @ Jul 5 2005, 04:12)
This makes me think about a post i read not to minutes ago about some kid killing his dog over Counter Strike Anyway r* games are rly good as long as the games dont get to violent and just plain sick ya know?

It was a fake/joke topic actually tounge.gif

JSAN ANDREAS
  • JSAN ANDREAS

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 03:50 AM

I don't think you control a bully...

QUOTE (IGN)
You're not going to take it anymore. From edgy publisher Rockstar's Vancouver development team comes this dark comedy set in the most vile and sadistic setting yet in a Rockstar videogame: the schoolyard. As a troublesome schoolboy, you'll laugh and cringe as you stand up to bullies, get picked on by teachers, play pranks on malicious kids, win or lose the girl, and ultimately learn to navigate the obstacles of the fictitious reform school, Bullworth Academy.

It says a schoolboy standing up to bullies. But w/e I dunno..

SaltonSea123
  • SaltonSea123

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 04:34 AM

I find it funny how free television, the nbc, abc, cbs stations can air such shows as:

CIS and it's 5 clones
Law and Order and it's 5 clones
NYPD blue
etc........

now, children cannot buy "M" rated games (well, some stores don't enforce it, but I'll get to that later). So where's the fuss? I'd say those cop/crime shows on national television are a hell of a lot more violent in an extremely realistic way.

Videogames are not as realistic, yet.

Rockstar can never be touched because of this "M" rating thing. The only thing that'll happen is there'll be a new law saying you can't sell "M" games to minors. That's it. Just like R rated movies. They'll never ban or destroy all violent and sexy R rated films. It just won't happen.

They can argue all they want. But rockstar slaps that R rating on the box and now it's the seller's fault if kids get them, or parents fault if they let them play.

Live on Rockstar!

Gamer2255668
  • Gamer2255668

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 12:30 PM

As a troublesome schoolboy, you'll laugh and cringe as you stand up to bullies, get picked on by teachers, play pranks on malicious kids, win or lose the girl, and ultimately learn to navigate the obstacles of the fictitious reform school, Bullworth Academy.

Maybe there's more this game than just picking on kids. A "reform" school, sounds like all the kids there are probably bullies.

MsNobody
  • MsNobody

Playstation Portable

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 July 2005 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE (method.man 2 @ Jul 3 2005, 12:40)
manhunt was banned now

It wasn't banned in the US so they can't be doing that bad. The bully game sounds good. tounge.gif

Martini Racing
  • Martini Racing

Procrastinator King.

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 July 2005 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE (Bizzare @ Jul 4 2005, 14:48)
People only care about things that they've experianced, no doubt 99% of those who support the demise of this game have at some point been affected by bullying. Perhaps next time some of these people see yet another article regarding banning GTA or Manhunt they'll think a bit more about how it effects others and not just themselves before they scoff at those who dont want to have games where people get a bullet/knife/burning car in the face.

I'm not saying ban it on my account, I'm saying I don't like it. But when a bully causes your best friend to shoot himself in the face with a shotgun, we'll see how you feel about it.

Bizzare
  • Bizzare

Men dont follow titles, they follow courage.

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (Martini Racing @ Jul 5 2005, 13:27)
People only care about things that they've experianced, no doubt 99% of those who support the demise of this game have at some point been affected by bullying. Perhaps next time some of these people see yet another article regarding banning GTA or Manhunt they'll think a bit more about how it effects others and not just themselves before they scoff at those who dont want to have games where people get a bullet/knife/burning car in the face.

I'm not saying ban it on my account, I'm saying I don't like it. But when a bully causes your best friend to shoot himself in the face with a shotgun, we'll see how you feel about it.

Well thats what im saying, normally people only care about something if they've experianced it. That can cloud our judgement, sometimes we need something to hate because we cant solve the problem/turn back time. Would you feel it fair for me to hate hip hop music because I got beaten up by a black person?

gannonroader
  • gannonroader

I'm the guy that sings Aicha.

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 July 2005 - 12:03 AM

I thought you play the bullied kid in bully?

JSAN ANDREAS
  • JSAN ANDREAS

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 July 2005 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE (gannonroader @ Jul 5 2005, 20:03)
I thought you play the bullied kid in bully?

Exactly what I thought it was... bored.gif

Crazycraig15
  • Crazycraig15

Crazycraig

• Members

Posted 06 July 2005 - 10:43 AM

THE GAME WILL BE PROBABLY ONLY AVAILIABLE TO ADULTS ANYWAY!!!!

SO STOP MOANING, IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE GAME DON'T BUY IT!!!

P.S anyway very few people have the state of mind to commit any of the crimes as shown in R* s games

I've been playing GTA for several years now and I haven't committed any violent crimes to any1!!!

SO STOP MOANING!!! angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif rahkstar2.gif

chenjx1983
  • chenjx1983

N.E.R.V

• Members

Posted 07 July 2005 - 11:57 AM

yes, there are dirty stuff in GTAs or R* games, so what? this whole world is sick and what's wrong with some exciting games that add a little flavour to it? one drop of blood won't make the whole ocean red. and for DEAR parents: if your little boy/girl did sth wrong, don't even think about blaming games - just take a look at yourselves, think about what' f*ck you were doing when your little kids were enjoying "commiting crimes" in the game - it is R18 you fool !

Mad Hatter
  • Mad Hatter

ILovebees

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 July 2005 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE (Ramirez @ Jul 3 2005, 18:03)
Being a former victim of bullying, I am totally against this game. It just...shouldn't exist whatsoever, bullying can be a horrific thing for a child and in many cases, lead to suicide. What the f*ck are Rockstar doing? Don't get me wrong, I am a massive fan of GTA but you should not in any circumstances, be able to control a bully, for entertainment, and wreak havoc on other kids. It just isn't right.

Hahaha, wow... Well btw, i thought you played the kid getting bullied and you fought back. Just a thought...

just another thug
  • just another thug

Sysnode is for lovers

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 07 July 2005 - 11:20 PM

They take serious issues and make it cartoony and dumbed down for children to play. They turn these crimes into entertainment for the feeble minded. Just like WWF wrestling, people went and started backyard wrestling. It's because their minds were unable to handle the entertainment. R* is maybe pushing the limit this time. They are taking a child's crime and making it cartoony and fun. It certainly doesn't help the problem of bullies.

Gamer2255668
  • Gamer2255668

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 July 2005 - 07:03 AM

I wonder, will this game take place in the same "world" as GTA, the way Manhunt does?

Sir Million Knives
  • Sir Million Knives

• Members

Posted 22 July 2005 - 07:49 AM

Great, here come the 13 year old motherf*cks who want to try bullying people.

This is a seriously f*cked up idea, I hope it gets binned.

Razorsharp
  • Razorsharp

Square Civilian

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 22 July 2005 - 11:52 PM

Cant rockstar put up a little notice on their games saying they do not encourage that behaviour and something else like this game has fictional content. That way parents couldnt complain since their is a warning on the game. Even if they put it on the manuals and the back of the box that would let the parent know what they are buying for their child so they would be able to use excuses.

Trueno_Drifter86
  • Trueno_Drifter86

The failure of the family and proud of it!

• Members

Posted 23 July 2005 - 01:00 AM

I see your point parent's will blame anything for their child's behaviour except for their on sh*tty perenting. I want to at least rent this it looks interesting even though people used to call me all sorts of names and try to beat me up and sh*t but this game doesn't offend me.

ganja_man_biatch
  • ganja_man_biatch

Pants are Overrated

• Members

Posted 23 July 2005 - 01:07 AM

i wouldn't be buying this game, aint exactly my taste, but i think that any type of videogame should be avaiable. it's a form of expression on the devlopers part, not to mention it's an escape from the norm of life. knowing R* they'll make the game enjoyable, but for me running around and betting the sh*t senseless out of kids is not for me, but beating the sh*t outta preppy kid is priceless.

PresidentKiller
  • PresidentKiller

Anger Manager

• The Connection
  • Mexico

Posted 25 July 2005 - 05:08 AM

QUOTE (Razorsharp @ Jul 22 2005, 18:52)
Cant rockstar put up a little notice on their games saying they do not encourage that behaviour and something else like this game has fictional content. That way parents couldnt complain since their is a warning on the game. Even if they put it on the manuals and the back of the box that would let the parent know what they are buying for their child so they would be able to use excuses.

There IS a warning on San Andreas (at least on the PC version), but you won't ever make the retarded soccer moms to shut up and stop bitching. confused.gif

I got some info on "Bully" from August's issue of EGM (in Spanish).

user posted imageuser posted image

You will be playing as Jimmy Hopkins, a 15 year old ruffian that gets into Bullworth Academy after being rejected from every other place. Your objective is to build a "though" reputation at Bullworth and make yourself respectable to everyone by any means necessary before the next year. Just like GTA, this is a "free-roaming" environment and you're able to choose between keeping Jimmy as the little bastard he is or turning him into a good boy (so the game can or can't be about bullying people, although you WILL have to fight sometimes).

If you're a bad boy, the teachers will get tougher. If you're a good boy, you'll get rewards (such as minigames... let's pray for not another "Hot Coffee" tounge.gif ).

If you decide to be a bad boy, you'll be starting fights frequently. Besides the usual fighting abilities you might think of, you'll also be able to perform dirty moves such as spitting in your opponent's face and using other "tools" such as baseball bats.

Gamer2255668
  • Gamer2255668

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 July 2005 - 09:46 AM

What country will this game be set in? America? Canada? Britain?

Brown Streak RR
  • Brown Streak RR

GTAF Train Freakô

• Members

Posted 25 July 2005 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE (Gamer2255668 @ Jul 25 2005, 05:46)
What country will this game be set in? America? Canada? Britain?

Guessing by the name 'Jimmy Hopkins', sounds like America to me. smile.gif

Mar
  • Mar

Pino no Usagi

• The Connection

Posted 25 July 2005 - 02:16 PM

Society will constantly blame others for what is happening. Even if R* doesn't come out with the game Bully, they'll most likely blame them for something else. I think R* should continue with everything, and try to avoid lawsuits, which is going to be near impossible, but they can try.

Besides all the bullies I've ever met didn't have enough money to afford video games, and the old big bad Bubba bullies are sort of out, it's become more of the Queen Bee bully. And R* can't be blamed for female fighting now can they?

arjun
  • arjun

• Members

Posted 25 July 2005 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE (Martini Racing @ Jul 5 2005, 07:27)

That is sad, but people just don't die from bullying.

My second cousin was killed by a hit-and-run driver. So using your criteria, GTA is going "too far". Of course no one should bully in real life, but if you're gonna denounce a game that simulates bullying just because people die from it, you have to spread your criteria around to other games you encourage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users