Photo

are r* going to far

53 replies to this topic
method.man 2
  • method.man 2

Va fungool

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 12:40 PM

well as we all know r*'s gta series was tried to be banned but it wasnt .manhunt was banned
now if anyone collects ps2 mags you should know that r* are releasing a game called bully where you control a bully and have to do missions in the school e.g. beating up kids to get dinner money,bogwashing them to get password for doors(dont know why).well in my opinion now people are gonna try to blame bullying on that gamewhich wont go down well meaning r* lose money
now either r* have a deathwish or they are just plain dumb i dont know but this worrys me because it could put r* out of buisness and then the gta title will be handed over to antother company which i dont think anyone on these forums want. what do you think
ps i might have posted this in the wrong section but i wanted gamers to be interested not just random talkers so sorry if i have

DigitallyInsane^
  • DigitallyInsane^

Simplicity Advanced.

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 July 2005 - 12:43 PM

I don't think so, no, they are rated as applicable, and they are pushing the boundaries of gaming further and further. R* have to be my favorite gaming developer, and I think this new game Bully is fantastic, noones done it before....

So Rockstar did.

DigitallyInsane^

method.man 2
  • method.man 2

Va fungool

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 12:48 PM

you've got a good point but what im trying to say is that parents will try to blaim r8 and the game for encouraging bullying thats what im worried about now dont get me wrong i will get this game as i think it will be good but people will say it will encourage bullying

DigitallyInsane^
  • DigitallyInsane^

Simplicity Advanced.

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 July 2005 - 12:55 PM

To those parents, quite honestly, i say...

MONGOOSE YOU!!!! (I would have used stronger language, but that's no way to get my point across.)

I'm sorry, but they put the R18 stickers on those games for a reason. It means that people who are mature enough to play games without taking it for real and going out and blasting at cops can play it. Noone else.

Okay, so I'm 14, but I see myself as quite mature for my age, and I have never once clicked "Quit Game" on San Andreas, watched it close and thought "Now lets do it for real!" to the CJ in my head.
When San Andreas closes, my violent San Andreas state of mind closes.

Period.

If people are so screwed to take it out with them in public and start taking cars and killing cops (as one kid did do) then that's not Rockstars fault. It's nobodies fault, but the child's. Simple as that.

God I feel so much better. Isn't free speech wonderful?

Off topic: Yes Parents, I said God, what are you going to do? I'm Atheist, so sue me. Stop trying to force religion upon me.

I am a rebel thisevening, and I love it.

DigitallyInsane^

NSX
  • NSX

Reality is the illusion caused by a shortage of alcohol

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 12:57 PM

rahkstar2.gif Takes a giant crap on the whole system, and that is what makes them great and will continue to make them even greater. All those folks bitching and blaming them that their games would hurt people, is bullsh*t, the games are based on the sick world the people who blame created them selfs, while rahkstar2.gif Laugh's there balls of for that, and get inspiration for their next game

Kippers
  • Kippers

皆こんいちわ

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 July 2005 - 12:57 PM

i agree with ya mm2 i was thinking exactly that when i was reading about it in a game magazine. It most definatly will get banned in at least one country and it most likely WILL get blammed for encouraging bullying, but i think Rockstar would kinda already know that, like they might have known for manhunt. But that's not gunna stop a big games comany like Rockstar. Besides it's a Rockstar game. Thousands of people would have bought it long before any mothers or fathers can react so it would be pointless banning it, knowing that 1000's of people would already have it biggrin.gif well that's what i think

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 01:04 PM

Parents please kick your kid's ass if he screws up. That makes sure he won't commit crimes over a game. I'm 12 myself and surprisingly am not in need for a beat. I haven't copied a single crime from any GTA series game so far.

DigitallyInsane^
  • DigitallyInsane^

Simplicity Advanced.

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 July 2005 - 01:10 PM

I've been arrested, and spent a night in the cells downtown and got bail, but It was in no way influenced by anything but my own f*cked up anger suicidal.gif biggrin.gif

DigitallyInsane^

method.man 2
  • method.man 2

Va fungool

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 01:16 PM

yer but what you got to think is killing,car jacking and all the other stuff from gta is much much more serios than bullying and it isnt a big crime is it the most you get from it is expulsion or detention so people want do it because of a 'corupted' mind they will do it becase its funny and and if peeps who already bully people will learn new things from it the only reason im writing this is cus of d*k heds who actually do stuff out of gamesif people didnt take games seriosly they woudnt have to be banned

The Nefarious Jester
  • The Nefarious Jester

Forum Old Timer

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 01:19 PM

Parents are like politicians, we will blame everything and anything except ourselves for what our kids do wink.gif

Its a game, it lets you do things that you cannot do in real life, if a parent cannot teach their child to understand that then it is their own damn fault, when my little 'un is born he/she'll be exposed to metal/dance/trance/violent DVD's/Games from an early age, but taught the rules of reality and fantasy wink.gif

Bains
  • Bains

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 01:58 PM

Put it this way, Rockstar is to video games as South Park is to t.v. Controversy is a given.

Kippers
  • Kippers

皆こんいちわ

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 July 2005 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (method.man 2 @ Jul 3 2005, 13:16)
yer but what you got to think is killing,car jacking and all the other stuff from gta is much much more serios than bullying and it isnt a big crime is it the most you get from it is expulsion or detention so

wait...What? have you not read the newspaper? People get killed from bullying, are too scared to leave their own home, too scared to go to school. Even commit suicide...How can it be less serious?? it's just as serious as all those things you mentioned

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE (Bains @ Jul 3 2005, 15:58)
Put it this way, Rockstar is to video games as South Park is to t.v. Controversy is a given.

I'd say many channels are pussies, espescially MTV. Why to censor? Whoa! I never knew the word bullsh*t or mothaf*cka in my whole life! Now I've learned it! Hence I never knew how to kill, jack or commit a serious crime!

Monoxide
  • Monoxide

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 03:18 PM

I think there succes has proven you wrong. rahkstar2.gif fo life

Kippers
  • Kippers

皆こんいちわ

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 July 2005 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE (nlitement @ Jul 3 2005, 15:16)
QUOTE (Bains @ Jul 3 2005, 15:58)

I'd say many channels are pussies, espescially MTV. Why to censor? Whoa! I never knew the word bullsh*t or mothaf*cka in my whole life! Now I've learned it! Hence I never knew how to kill, jack or commit a serious crime!

depends if it's before or after the watershead which for the UK is 9:00pm, coz lots of young children watch MTV and such, some may not have heard of all the swear words and the TV just don't want to make it worse than it already is from the parent perspective of that child knowing any swear words in the first place.

we're going off topic (slightly)

.Sonny.
  • .Sonny.

Bang, Bang

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 04:56 PM Edited by .Sonny., 03 July 2005 - 05:04 PM.

QUOTE (method.man 2 @ Jul 3 2005, 12:40)
r* [is] releasing a game called bully where you control a bully and have to do missions in the school e.g. beating up kids to get dinner money,bogwashing them to get password for doors(dont know why).

That is quite possibly the coolest concept for a game I've ever heard of.

Way to go Rockstar! rahkstar2.gif

EDIT: Lol, I just saw THIS screenshot at Gamespot.

Thomas2
  • Thomas2

The Laughing Madcap

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 05:13 PM

R* are f*cking insane! You all should know that, that's why i like 'em rampage_ani.gif

Fragger.
  • Fragger.

Vato Loco

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 05:32 PM

Bullies already exist without any help from R*.
Grand theft auto (the crime, not the game, nimrod) has been happening since cars were invented, without any help from R*.
Jeffrey Dahmer, Attila the hun, Adolf Hitler, Charles Manson, etc. didn't need any games to do what they did.
It's just a thing humans do. People have the potential to be evil and some are, but lets not put the blame on a video game.
Sue God, or whatever created us.

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 05:41 PM

If parents are to complain about the game. BAH! If you are to raise a child, make God damn sure that you know that YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR CHILD UNTIL HE IS MATURE BY LOCAL LAW. Don't ask the government or game industry to protect/boycott games because it's "bad for kids". Your kids couldn't even know any of the games if you knew to be responsible to teach him not to screw up!

Bottom line: Parents, it's your fault if your kid whacks some guy in a drive-by shooting, you were the ones who let him play that game or raise him an asshole.

And stuff like killing over a game are commited by less than 0% off all the gamers that play the game.

Ramirez
  • Ramirez

The Bulls

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 06:03 PM

Being a former victim of bullying, I am totally against this game. It just...shouldn't exist whatsoever, bullying can be a horrific thing for a child and in many cases, lead to suicide. What the f*ck are Rockstar doing? Don't get me wrong, I am a massive fan of GTA but you should not in any circumstances, be able to control a bully, for entertainment, and wreak havoc on other kids. It just isn't right.

Martini Racing
  • Martini Racing

Procrastinator King.

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 July 2005 - 06:31 PM

I am offended by that "Bully" game, knowing someone who killed themselves because of bullying. I am strongly against it.

oldskoolgtaplayer
  • oldskoolgtaplayer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 11:59 PM

Looks like fun to me. It's just a video game.
You mind controlling an evil kid opposed to some serial killer. You have no problem with killing loads of people in gta (i won't even bring manhunt up), cuz the main character is likeable. You do notice that something isn't right here? Lemme sum it up... The problem is that some of you went through that kind of sh*t in life
Well, maybe now you understand why older people don't look so positively on gta series. "But that's just a game..." Well so is this.

...OR you just don't like the nazi kid... Well i didn't like much Tony from Vice either, but the game was still great.

Banning it? Why? If "they" ban a single game, they could as well ban them all.
As long as it's free of racial and political influences, there's no way for it be banned.

.Sonny.
  • .Sonny.

Bang, Bang

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 02:09 AM

QUOTE (oldskoolgtaplayer @ Jul 3 2005, 23:59)
The problem is that some of you went through that kind of sh*t in life
Well, maybe now you understand why older people don't look so positively on gta series. "But that's just a game..." Well so is this.

I couldn't have said it any better.

Millions of people have died from violence in this world. Yet for some reason, some of you are saying its better to kill a large amount of people (GTA), than flinging things with a sling-shot or kicking someone in the shins (this is the most violence you'll see in Bully).

Its very hypocritical to say that Bully should be banned while Grand Theft Auto be on the shelves for everyone to buy. Makes no sense...

Jack_Knife
  • Jack_Knife

we usually take all niggas garments

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 04 July 2005 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE (method.man 2 @ Jul 3 2005, 22:40)
it could put r* out of buisness

I highly doubt one failed game title could put them out of business, considering their massive success with GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 03:04 AM

QUOTE (Ramirez @ Jul 4 2005, 03:33)
Being a former victim of bullying, I am totally against this game. It just...shouldn't exist whatsoever, bullying can be a horrific thing for a child and in many cases, lead to suicide. What the f*ck are Rockstar doing? Don't get me wrong, I am a massive fan of GTA but you should not in any circumstances, be able to control a bully, for entertainment, and wreak havoc on other kids. It just isn't right.

Oh but mowing down a whole police force of cops with a chaingun is alright? Or slashing off some innocent pedestrian's head?

Really both games deal with things you should never do in real life and as such I find nothing wrong with this concept for the game. If your worried about kids playing this and getting the idea to bully others then someone should read the rating of the game. I know all to well what bullying is about, someone with a very obvious difference will always be picked on so I know it all to well.

Grandthefter
  • Grandthefter

I am not a member!

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 11:44 AM

I think its a good idea for R* to do this. It's getting them the image that want. GTA, Manhunt, now Bully. All of the games have had cases against then (bully probs will too), this is just making R* more famous for making such great games. Manhunt being banned in America (I'm guessing it was only america if anyway, i saw it on sale in HMV a while ago) was great publicity for the game. It showed people who hadn't heard of it how violent it was and hundreds more of the games were sold before it could be banned.

Any publicity is good publicity. And im sure Bully will get alot of publicity

F-s-X
  • F-s-X

Kaikei, Chi Shingi Meiyo

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 02:38 PM

Bullying isn't good at all, in reality. But it's a game and I think it's an original idea and R* will surely make it good.

There are alot of voilent games out there but it seems like R* takes the bullet for everyone of them. Now people has always been bullying and why would a game do any differance. Well it might will who knows but why would that be R*s fault?
Yeah they made the game but...
Lets say a company makes a gun, a person buys it and kills someone with it. Now who's fault is that?

Bizzare
  • Bizzare

Men dont follow titles, they follow courage.

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 02:48 PM Edited by Bizzare, 04 July 2005 - 02:50 PM.

People only care about things that they've experianced, no doubt 99% of those who support the demise of this game have at some point been affected by bullying. Perhaps next time some of these people see yet another article regarding banning GTA or Manhunt they'll think a bit more about how it effects others and not just themselves before they scoff at those who dont want to have games where people get a bullet/knife/burning car in the face.

As for the actual game it'll be a novelty, people will like the idea but most wont want to pay and play. Whose to say it'll even be good, State of Emergency anyone?

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 04 July 2005 - 04:38 PM

Yep, ever since Rockstar came into this field the parents and other ghey people started to put only Rockstar out of business. The dudes are just selfish mofos. It' like this for them, if I don't like it, nobody can like it.

Bully will be really good and nothing bad at all will happen to Rockstar. The other ghey mofos can suck my dick.

Kippers
  • Kippers

皆こんいちわ

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 July 2005 - 05:47 PM

in a way it's a good idea to have this game. because it gives you the chance to bully someone without actually having to do it in real life. So it's technically helping stop it coz more people are bullying on the game than in real life......Supposedly smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users