I'm too gutted for words suicidal.gif

• grovespaz

Group: Morons

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 04:44 PM

Whoa! Odie? Dead?
This really scared the sh*t outta me.
Im not gonna say 'I remember ...'.

If i ever finish a good mod, it wil be dedicated to you.
Remember(sh*t, i just said it) in Vice City, the love fist missions, when kent paul says 'You know what they say, the good die young...' Damn.

Fricking damn.

• LeeDFXP

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 05:28 PM

When i read this news, i'm getting goosebumps all over me.. damn, i can't believe he's gone
Like many others here, it was his stuntpark for gta3 that i first discovered in the beginning, and got me going till today.
He was an inspiration to us all, will never be a second one like him dontgetit.gif
Rest in peace buddy... my condolences to his wife & son

• largopredator

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 05:47 PM

I know I haven't been around much since GTA Liberty City was released, but when I read this I just had to press that login button to pay my respects to Odie, even though I didn't really know him. He was a great modder, and this is a terrible loss, for all of us. Fare thee well Odie, and all that bear the burden of his passing...

God this is so depressing...

• Samurai_Ohk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 06:02 PM

I'm not an avid poster, but i've been roaming the gtaforums ever since VC was out for PC. I've always respected and enjoyed his mods, and as an avid stunter, its his mods that have motivated me to take up modding. Life is not fair as we all know. Best wishes to his family and RIP.

• SilverGlow

It's peanutbutterjelly time!

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 06:05 PM

Odie, I miss u, i'm crying atm. cryani.gif

• teensoldier

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 07:15 PM

A very touching post by Steve-M.

I'm sorry for Odie and his family.

• stretch.

30% of the time, we deliver all the time!

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 08:33 PM

His mods were what got me interested in GTAForum,

I suppose I have to thank him for many years of fun at least, although he deserves so much more.

Many condolences to his family and friends.

Rest In Peace.

• Fro

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 08:52 PM

Oh snap.

• existy

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 09:01 PM

I'm at a loss for words at this point. I loved Odie's work and will never forget him. Though I did not know him personaly, I looked up to him as a modding inspiration, and as a person. A great person.

R.I.P. Odie, you will not be forgotten.

• TheHeggy

Conan Rules

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 09:02 PM

If he inspired so many for something as small as a game, imagine how great a loss this is for those that knew him personally. sad.gif Like many others here, the first mod I installed was one of his... And it rocked.

Odie, you meant a great deal to many many people both personally and in cyberspace, and you shall never be forgotten. Rest in peace, man.

• Raff

Machine sex.

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 09:50 PM

Wow, this is sad indeed.

He was one of the best modders that there ever was and ever will be. Its sad that he had to go so early.

R.I.P. Odie, noone will forget you and your great accomplishments.

• D-Structo

Kapitan Paleta

Posted 04 July 2005 - 10:22 PM

damn, that's too bad. he was a great guy, no doubt about it. rest in peace, man.

you will be missed. sad.gif

Blue Zircon
  • Blue Zircon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 10:39 PM

Very sorry to hear this.

I can't say that I knew him personally or even followed his work, but I do remember installing his Vice City Stunt Park way back when (the first map mod released for that game, right?). Excellent work...

I understand that he made countless other contributions to this community, though. He was a really talented man. dozingoff.gif

• ThaKilla

I'm not wack, im all wacked-out!

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 10:47 PM

Here are the few words I cn say about Oide...

The first mods installed was from him, but most importantly I remeber back when I first came to this site for editing Vice City, he was the one who always encougred me (and many others) to keep trying, and for that fact alone I will miss him and ll that he did for GTA. I know i have more to say, but the more I think the more i relize how much this whole effort on modding GTA would not have even been to this point with out him.

So Oide, i hope someone slips you a copy GTA, where u are.

• GameZoneGod

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 01:12 AM Edited by GameZoneGod, 05 July 2005 - 01:17 AM.

I never actually downloaded a mod for the PC GTAs, my computer wouldn't run it, but I've heard a lot about Oide and I'm saddened to see him go.

Is there any symbol he went by or logo he had? I'm going to talk to a friend who mods to see if he can include put something into San Andreas in remembrance, and a logo or picture or symbol would help.

And A note to ThaKilla-In all due respect to your comment, I don't think God distrubutes copies of Grand Theft Auto in Heaven due to the subject matter.

• Oogie

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 03:21 AM

i cant believe that. cryani.gif
i didn't knew odie personally, but i know he was really important in the gta modding community. the first map mod i installed was his gta 3 stunt park.
i think he deserve a memorial map or something like that, so we never forget this great modeler.

rest in peace odie.

• Wingman

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 03:29 AM

Odie, I only talked with you personally once, but I'll never forget you. You always made the best, and first, map mods, and it's a shame to lose you so early on in your life.

I'll miss you.

• andyroososoft

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 05:02 AM

Damn people , this really sucks. Odie definately revolutionized GTA Modding, and inspired alot of people. I raise my beer to the guy! nervous.gif

'Sweet' Johnson
  • 'Sweet' Johnson

I am the real deal, fool!

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 05:57 AM

Please accept my deepest sympathy.

• Krayjee

[Half] (South) Korean pride!

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 07:03 AM

*Starts playing Bone Thugs n Harmony - Life Goes On (Tupac Tribute)*

I never knew Odie. But From what I'm reading/hearing, He is truly a legend...

I wish the best of luck for his family, friends, and fans. His great contributions to the GTA series will always be remembered.

I believe he deserves a special spot in San Andreas, dedicated to just him, and only him.(Maybe on top of Mt. Chiliad?). Once we can get a memorial plaque or something modelled for him, we should put it there. No other mod/add-on should be allowed in that spot though, I say..
Personally, if that mod is ever made. It will be a place that I will always visit in SA everytime I boot it up to play.

Once again, best of luck for his family, friends, and fans.

R.I.P., Odie
Legend in the GTA community

• BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 July 2005 - 10:32 AM

The thing which sticks in my mind is all those beautiful coronastar effects he set up on the top of his Myriad skyscrapers. His work generally lacked polish but he made so many diverse and imaginative projects that the scope of his creations far outweighed the occassional imperfection. His documentation for cullzones, IDE, IPL and paths (created largely in collaboration with Steve-M and Delfi) have stood the test of time. Again, they aren't perfect and are not complete but without them projects like Myriad Islands would not have been possible.

I think his absence from the GTASA file format documentation effort will be missed in particular. I had been considering writing up the file formats for all the text data files in GTA3, GTAVC and GTASA and now that Odie won't be around to do it, I guess the rest of us will work together to do it.

• {Demon}

www.GodfatherGame.net, un'offerta che non puoi rifiutare.

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 10:36 AM

R.I.P. Odie. dontgetit.gif

• Axerty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 11:06 AM

His map mods were my favourite, I was waiting to see what he could do for San Andreas, so many possibilities for someone of his intellect.

R.I.P dude :\

• Ducati996

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 02:07 PM

only got the news just today...

Haven't been around much and I am not really online these days...

But I have to say, All the best to you ODIE... may you rest in peace and thanks for all the good stuff you did for the modding community.

Condolences to everyone that knows him. A lot of strength for his family and friends. May GOD let ODIE rest in peace.

• pozer

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 02:20 PM Edited by pozer, 05 July 2005 - 02:24 PM.

I still can't believe this news about Odie, can someone please tell me is it true we GTA gamer lost someone so dearly to us?

If it's true angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif crash me, and may his soul rest in perfect peace. Amen

• buchsi

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 03:48 PM

OMG! Today I came back from my one week holiday, and the first thing I have read was this! You are still alive in my head, R.I.P. Odie... cryani.gif

• greddy5643

Red Goose

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 04:39 PM

I just got back from vacation in Florida and I was checking for mod updates when I came across this.
I started modding vice city well after the release of san andreas for the ps2 so I was too late to see any new work from odie, yet my first mod was one of his. Just after that I installed myriad Islands and found his lots were probably the best. I never knew him personally, but I wish that I did. R.I.P. wherever you are...

• ToyMachine

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 06:09 PM

I don't visit the modding forums but it's very sad to hear that a fellow member of this board passed away. Especially if that member was greatly respected be his fellow modders.

R.I.P. Odie.

• StreetRacerOG6

Posted 05 July 2005 - 06:27 PM Edited by StreetRacerOG6, 06 July 2005 - 12:44 AM.

I dident really know Odie but i have dowloaded so many of his mods and ill never forgit the first mod i had dowloaded which was the ulitimate Stunt Park .Useing his mods made me picture that dog every time i would play VC ,but i always waited for the next mod he would make and thats all i really have to say to someone who i did not know but knew his mods

R.I.P Odie cryani.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users