About Odie...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
383 replies to this topic
Kanney
  • Kanney

4-8-15-16-23-42

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 07:39 PM

My God. I have been on the forums for three years, and loved all his work. May he Rest In Peace.
What a waste of great talent.
My thoughts/prayers go to his family and relatives, especially his young son.

skyline34
  • skyline34

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 08:09 PM

i was and still am a huge huge fan of odie and his work he really inspiried me to get into modding maps or cars but my computer isnt good enough for it but odie was one of the best modders out there i think we should all put R.I.P odie in out sigs and thank him for his kindness and gratefulness,without him we wouldnt have been enjoying the maps for GTA series that we are now without map modding wouldnt be as popular as it is now.....to odie R.I.P

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 July 2005 - 08:16 PM

My respect goes out to his friends and family.

He dedicated so much to the Gta modding scene and will always go down as one of the all time greats.

Peace out Odie, peace out.

Donald Rack
  • Donald Rack

So say good night to the bad guy!

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 08:25 PM

Damn. I've never been a member of a forum where another member has died. So, it's a bit weird for me from that angle. I didn't know him but knew of him. I never used his mods but I can say he was talented. confused.gif

Exabyte
  • Exabyte

Jally Fish

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 08:25 PM

"Rust In Vrede" (so do we call rip in holland)

die Catalina die
  • die Catalina die

devil's advocate

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 08:28 PM

What the.....ODIE?... dontgetit.gif

Ahh man, this is shocking to say the least..It just reminds us all how short life is, and to live every day to the fullest. He helped me with modding once, a long time ago. Really great guy.

RIP man

coolcraigd
  • coolcraigd

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 08:40 PM

first of all, i have only just found out about this sad sad event.

i never really knew him on a personal level, but have spoken too him via pm's and i will say he is a true good guy, very respectful, and everytime i spoke to him he treated me the way i didnt expect, because he treated me with upmost respect. the reason being that his response to me was shocking was because quite a few modders tend to be somewhat arrogant, but odie was never. Im really shocked to know that the greatest modder of gta has pasted away and i wish his family well in the future, as i know how much it hurts to lose someone close, as i lost my nan recently. all of a month ago but trust me the pain dosent go!

please lets not go crazy and say things like "lets make a TC in respect for him" because lets face it TC's dont really get finished, and thats why something small should be made because it will get done and done quickly, because we need to do something now. I recommend we make a giant sized odie. and make it compatible for all map conversions.

sorry for the long read.

R.I.P Odie you will live on in EVERYONE!

MoCrO-007
  • MoCrO-007

MasteR-Moo

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 08:47 PM

Odie whas a good map modder, al maps he made where fantastic. R.I.P Odie.

ZanderZ
  • ZanderZ

GTA modder & tool writer

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 08:53 PM

Out of respect for this great modder, I'm including some kind of reference to Odie in my Dutch mod.
If anyone else is making a "big" mod, I encourage you to do the same smile.gif May Odie live on with his own and in other mods.

Dazla
  • Dazla

Roll on October

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 08:56 PM

Such a great loss, my condolences. Farewell Odie R.I.P

LuigiBrotha
  • LuigiBrotha

Part time skinner

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 09:14 PM

I didn't know him but I did love his work. A true legend. Rest In Peace man.

Turpuli
  • Turpuli

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 09:14 PM

I remember ODIE's mapmods were the very first mods I installed in GTA3... Those mods actually made me believe it's possible to make great looking mods for the game. He was a pioneer, one of the very first and the best ones, a husband and a father. A man in his best age... This surely shows just how unfair life really is.

Your work for GTA modding was the source of inspiration for many modders here, including me. You'll be missed. My best for the family and friends..

DeAnO_GTA~MaStEr
  • DeAnO_GTA~MaStEr

Vote Saxon!

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 09:20 PM Edited by DeAnO_GTA~MaStEr, 03 July 2005 - 09:28 PM.

I never had the honour to meet this guy, but my understanding is that this is a deeply terrible loss. R.I.P Odie, R.I.P.

My condolences to anyone in relation to him.

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 09:22 PM

I have no idea what to say.

I feel like making a memorial, and a museum, and a TC, and writing movies and songs and publishing books. What could ever be so big as this man?

I intend to prepare a press release. I'll have steve run it by his family before it ever sees the light of day, if it does at all, but I would like to see the gaming media at large acknowledge this man.

Mark
  • Mark

• Feroci
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 July 2005 - 09:24 PM

Wow geez this is unexpected....damn man, couldn't have happened to a cooler guy..I'm in shock like DCD said...damn man...condolences to all his family i'm sure this isn't a fun time for em. What a great loss for all. RIP Odie. f*cking post wrappers!

imheretostay
  • imheretostay

non-existant

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 09:28 PM

This is so sad. A remember when Xavier died. He was very young, and was a known, great Halo modder. This is very similiar. It is so sad when someone dies. I lost my aunt 2002, and i loved her very much. I miss her alot, because she was always so happy, and was planning on a lot of good things.

I'm shocked by him passing away, because i played all of his mods, and to be honest; they were the best. I loved the LC highway, and was looking forward to see if he made one for SA, and the Stunt Park was so awesome.

My respect goes to his family, and his friends.

Hvil i Fred.

Pumpkin Zone
  • Pumpkin Zone

Sexualizer

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 03 July 2005 - 09:30 PM

Rest in Peace, you are a god and I was looking forward to you're mods for SA.

crazy1stgamer2nd
  • crazy1stgamer2nd

Crazy and proud

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 09:34 PM

wow................ cryani.gif

Majestic
  • Majestic

dirty commie

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 03 July 2005 - 09:53 PM

this is crazy, i just found out.
very sad day sad.gif

Posty_2k3
  • Posty_2k3

SA:MP Beta Team

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 09:57 PM

I truely don't know what to say. I didn't really know Odie personally, but his mods were the first ones I ever saw after I got GTA.. His work inspired me to learn how certain aspects of GTA worked, and I got into modding.

If I hadn't seen Odie's work, I probably would not be at this forum today, because I might've not gotten interested in GTA modding until later on.

He definately was a great person, and helped a whole lot in the GTA community. And like many others have said, he definately deserves a memorial to be built as a mod, it's what he would've wanted more than likely.. He always created many mods that pushed other modders forward as to what they should be working on, and how they should make it work.

RIP Odie, the community is definately going to miss you.

Bigun
  • Bigun

wandering about

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 10:03 PM

So sad... Such a big loss to the GTA
community..
I never knew Odie in person, but I watched his work and mods, he really helped this community grow and will be missed.
He was really skilled and loved, this topic proves it...
My best wishes go to his family and friends, it is hard to lose such a great man.
Rest in peace, Odie, I hope from where you are now you can read this. Rest in peace.

What a waste... Life truly is unfair, he was too young to die..People like him don't deserve to die at all.

cryani.gif

Xploder
  • Xploder

Arden City Map Modeller

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 10:10 PM Edited by Xploder, 03 July 2005 - 10:13 PM.

I have been away from these forums for a while after being banished from the Myriad Team to hone my modding skills and I joined Arden City back in January but my life started to take a downfall and I lost my "spark", a family member died and local people I knew lost their loved ones too, I felt like I couldn't go on.

This last week has been really bad, 2 of my friends have lost their grandmothers and I noticed someone on MSN had the name "RIP Odie", I knew I had to log on after all this time to see if it is true and there it was before me.. Odie.. Dead... He inspried me to start modding GTA (even though I wasn't that good). I never knew him at a personal level but we did exchange e-mails and PMs all that I know was that he was a legend among the GTA community and I will keep his mods installed for as long as possible.

After I read the thread for a thrid time iTunes changed track to "The Offspring - It's The End Of The Line" and I nearly cried! (those who will have heard it will understand) so I changed my signiture and vowed that I will resume modding GTA in memory of him.
I find it really upsetting that he died on the same day that San Andreas was released on PC, the chance to be the first modder for that chapter never came.. poor Odie

Goodbye ODIE, You will NEVER be forgotton!

It's times like this where I would like to belive in reincarnation....

adri1456
  • adri1456

GTA Player

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 10:12 PM

I loved the stunt park for VC. It was one of my first mods to manually install.

Now I know I won't have a good 4th of July because I know I used one of his mods.

RIP.

san_andreas32
  • san_andreas32

Crunk Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 10:19 PM

I've been here a little over a year and i have had the chance to see some of his work. and it was great! i mysel, do not have any0 GTA computer games but my friend does. I will miss him... to bad it had to happen... thats 2 deaths i had to deal with now

thw
  • thw

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 10:27 PM

I registered just to relpy to this.
This saddens me.
I am overhelmed with the GTA Communitys response.
I, like them, would like to send out my wishes to the family of Odie.
Only the good die young I guess.
RIP
cryani.gif

RoxRox
  • RoxRox

Deutscher Schäferhund

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 10:28 PM

I might not have known him personally, but i respect him and his great work.

R.I.P. Odie, may we never forget your awesome mods, and we hope your family can get through this, and we hope you're in a better place.

OrR
  • OrR

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 10:30 PM

dontgetit.gif Odie is gone?
His mods always were a part of my GTA games. He was a guy to look up too. I'll always remember him.
cryani.gif

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 03 July 2005 - 10:41 PM

I just heard about this now. I've never gotten too heavily involved in this part of the forum but I knew of Odie. I'm sure I used some of his mods from time to time. I can't believe he's actually gone. I mean, I really knew of him. Makes me wish I got to know him since everyone here speaks such good words of him.

This is a real shame. I don't know what else to say but this is just a shame. sad.gif

TWA
  • TWA

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 10:46 PM

RIP ODIE

i'm shocked. odie was, (to me,) the first great modder of gta. i remember installing the stunt park in gta3. those were the days.
my thoughts goes to his wife and kid.

Johnline
  • Johnline

junglist

• Members

Posted 03 July 2005 - 11:08 PM Edited by Johnline, 03 July 2005 - 11:48 PM.

Why do bad things happen to good people :\
His Beach Stuntpark made me buy GTA for the PC, his partydome was coded as good as rockstar could do it.
The man was borderline genious. It is Extremely sad to see him go, with so much unfinished work also.
Perhaps his work can be continued, but left in the hands of steve M and the like.
I'll keep an eye out for any memorial mods for him, as I would like to be a part of making it.
Thoughts go out to his family and friends.

RIP Odie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users